2006 Baltic Yachts 56
€1,280,000 Tax paid
Hull No.4 – Variable draft Baltic 56
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 56|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Cala Galera, Italy|
|Engine||Volvo D3-160 160hp|
|Hull Construction||Carbon Fibre|
|Keel Type||Lifting keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||600l|
Hull number 4 of the Judel Vrolijk Baltic 56 semi-custom performance blue water cruisers. Telescopic keel for ultimate practicality and single cockpit cruising layout with extremely versatile internal layout. Arguably one of the finest semi-custom Baltics ever built.
Launched in 2006 as arguably the highest-specified example of the semi-custom Judel Vrolijk Baltic 56 line, WHISPER is the epitome of elegance and effortless performance. Set up with a powerful, yet easily managed push-button rig, WHISPER can be easily controlled from her helm. Her large single cockpit is perfect for entertaining and this is matched below decks with a versatile interior layout with owner’s cabin forward and guest cabins aft. A further crew cabin can be found in the forepeak.
WHISPER has so many highlights to her build and few words can express to quality of design and construction of this yacht. With an initial build costing the current equivalent of Euro 3 million, WHISPER is a truly special yacht. Her primary features include:-
• Carbon composite construction
• Hydraulic lift keel
• Full push-button rig with inboom furling, genoa furling, code sail furler and staysail furler
• Carbon fibre mast, boom and standing rigging
• Tender garage
• Single cockpit layout with flush decks
• Teak interior with owner’s cabin forward and converting twin double aft cabins. Ensuite heads for all accommodation cabins.
• Crew cabin in the forepeak
• North Sails wardrobe with recent updates
• Volvo D130 5-cylinder engine
• Retractable bowthruster
• Full Domotic systems controls at helms and at chart table
• Extensive B&G instrument package with 5x mast-mounted repeaters
No. 4 of the Baltic 56’s was the first one that was built with a lifting keel.
The concept with this project was to create a yacht that was easy to sail short handedly. All major sail and boat handling functions were operated by a ‘push-button system’. Also keeping the displacement light was one of the most important factors in the process of creating an easy handling yacht.
The lifting keel, reducing her draft from 3,6 to 2,4m, enabled a deeper sailing draft hence a lighter keel-bulb for a given stability. This plus the usage of vacuum infused laminates, carbon sandwich interior panels etc. resulted in weight savings that undoubtedly compensated for some of the cruising items included in the specification.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts – that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
• Hull is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy infused vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
• Structural bulkheads as well as constructional panels in carbon fibre / epoxy laminates. Prefabricated in a laminating press.
• White painted hull topsides
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
• Teak deck on side decks, cockpit floors and seats and on the coamings.
Keel & Rudder:
• Hydraulic lifting keel with stainless steel fin and lead bulb
• Draft from 2.40m to 3.60m
• Cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D3-160 5-cylinder turbo diesel engine
• Volvo hydraulic reduction gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever electric throttle/gear controls at both helms
• Integrated Domotic digital engine monitoring system displayed on screens at helms
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx 1,450 as of January 2018
• Engine serviced annually
Propulsion & Steering:
• Brunton Varifold 3-bladed folding propeller
• MaxPower retractable bowthruster with controls at both helms
• Twin wheel steering with carbon-spoked hide-covered helm wheels
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
• Engine start, generator start and service batteries in 12vDC and 24vDC banks.
• Approx 1,041Ah total capacity
• 220vAC battery charger.
• 220vAC Inverter
• Fischer Panda 4kw generator
• Engine mounted alternators for 12vDC and 24vDC charging
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided.
• Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• Deck shower outlet warm & cold.
• Spectra watermaker.
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• 500 litre fuel capacity in 2x 250 litre stainless steel tanks
• 600 litres fresh water capacity in 3x 200 litre stainless steel tanks
• Holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hercules 2000 Log, boatspeed, wind speed, wind angle, depth
• Repeater in owner’s cabin
• 5x FFD displays at mast
• B&G Gyro sensor (Fluxgate)
• B&G Hydra/Hercules 2000 Autopilot
• LCD chart plotter screen at chart table
• Interphase forward looking echosounder
• Steering compass
• Raymarine Ray240E dual station VHF
• Galley with 4-burner stove with oven.
• Refrigeration & Freezer
• 3x electric guest heads plus further crew heads forwards
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Diesel-fired hot air cabin heating
• Stereo system with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 10 berths in five cabins plus 3 heads
• Forepeak locker
• Forepeak crew cabin with heads
• Master cabin with centreline double berth and hanging lockers
• Ensuite heads compartment.
• Galley forward to port with L-shaped counter.
• Saloon amidships to starboard with u-shaped settee and centreline bench. Folding dining table.
• Forward facing chart table area opposite saloon to port.
• Day heads aft of chart table to port with Jack & Jill access to aft port cabin.
• Twin bunk aft port cabin with hanging locker. Infill to create double lower berth.
• Starboard aft bunk cabin mirroring port cabin but with ensuite heads and shower.
• Advanced lightweight construction techniques used in construction of the interior.
• Structural bulkheads as well as constructional panels in carbon fibre / epoxy laminates.
• Prefabricated in a laminated press.
• Visible surfaces are teak faced.
• Synthetic stone counters in galley and heads
• Teak and holly soleboards
• White headlinings
• Blue Alcantara upholstery
• Hall Spars carbon fibre mast – Awlgrip white painted
• Three sets of swept-back spreaders
• Outboard chainplates with non-overlapping headsails
• ECSix carbon standing rigging – 2016
• Oceanfurl carbon fibre inboom furling system with Bamar captive winch system and push-button control
• Navtec hydraulics for backstay and vang
• Reckmann electric sub-deck headstay furler
• Furler for code sail
• Furler for staysail
• Hydraulic vang and backstay adjustment
• Centre-boom mainsheet with bridle at companionway and push-button control
• Dyneema halyards and sheets
• 2x electric winches for genoa sheets and non-powered control lines
• North Sails fully-battened in-boom furling mainsail – 3DI Endurance 780 – 2015
• North Sails furling genoa – 3DI Endurance 780 – 2017
• North Sails carbon fibre furling jib – 2013
• North Sails Kevlar furling code sail – 2006
• North Sails soft Norlam furling staysail – 2006
• North Sails 3DL delivery mainsail – 2010
• North Sails 3DL delivery genoa – 2010
• Pulpit and pushpit made of Stainless Steel tubes are mounted on the bow and transom.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
• Double lifelines are installed passing through S.S. stanchions.
• Integral hydraulic passarelle in stern
• Removable cockpit table
• Hydraulic transom swimming platform opening to give access to tender garage
Covers & Canvas:
• Wheel covers
• Cockpit cushions
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor with pivot arm
• Anchor with chain
• Sanguineti retractable mooring windlass
Tender & Outboard:
• Inflatable tender
• Outboard engine
Lying: Cala Galera – Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.