2010 Maxi Dolphin Brenta MD66
Simply epic custom performance cruiser
|Manufacturer/Model||Maxi Dolphin Brenta MD66|
|Designer||Brenta / Maxi Dolphin/ Steve Huish|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH 125-hp|
|Hull Construction||Carbon Fibre|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||600l|
Simply epic performance cruiser from the legendary Maxi Dolphin, Luca Brenta and Steve Huish in an evolution of the iconic MD65. Launched 2010 with numerous updates on the original design in the pursuit of style, performance and easy of handling.
A continuation from the Maxi Dolphin semi-custom MD65 line, ADASTRA, a custom Brenta MD66 was designed by Luca Brenta and launched in 2010 as the perfect example of the true synergy between the high quality build of Maxi Dolphin and the design ingenuity of Luca Brenta.
Currently configured for effortless short-handed fast cruising, she boasts an extremely high specification including:-
• 3-cabin, 3-heads interior layout with additional crew cabin with crew heads forward
• Yanmar 125hp diesel engine
• Retractable anchor arm
• Retractable dedicated mooring winch
• Tender garage at stern
• Carbon rig with Park Avenue boom and carbon rigging and no backstay
• Powered winches
• Fully-battened mainsail system with battencars
• Updated sail wardrobe
• 24vDC electrics
• 10kw Fischer Panda generator
• Fridge & freezers
• B&G instruments with mast-mounted 20/20’s
The layout of ADASTRA features a ‘boat owner’ style in the arrangement of the environments, while the décor carries the hallmark of minimalism played on white and on few essential elements of dark timber. As to the interior design, the area at prow was completely innovated and features a real suite in which the double-bed is placed with the headboard towards the prow. Also the central area stands out from the earlier MD65. The chart table and the kitchen (connected with a crew cabin lat stern) are located in two closed rooms, separated from the living room. This way a refined living room with the dining area on the left and a long couch on the starboard side was created. At stern there is the only twin bed room intended for the guests, equipped with a large bathroom.
From sailing to motor yachts, Luca Brenta’s style is absolutely unmistakable, full of innovation and research, combined with the utmost elegance of lines.
A research dating back to the end of the 70s, when Luca Brenta debutted with a ¼ Ton boat followed, in 1987, by the many times winning one-tonner MARISA. The performances and the qualities of the racers are also found on the cruising yachts by Luca Brenta, whose studio, the Luca Brenta Design, was joined by Lorenzo Argento, the current art director, in 1988. In the same way innovation and elegance of lines are the features of the motor yachts. A series of elements expressed by the slogan of the studio: Technology meets Design. The first cooperation of Luca Brenta Design with Maxi Dolphin is the MD 65, a sloop of very modern design and with light displacement, realized in five models, each one with a different interior layout. The MD65 series is then followed by the TP52 Astro, a racing yacht made of composites, using the most advanced construction technologies.
Utmost elegance, use of the most advanced technologies and of the new project visions in the continuous search for beauty: this is the course followed by Maxi Dolphin since 1987.
“Beauty? It’s something that makes you feel good, therefore something very individual. To me it means order, harmony and sharing. No beautiful thing makes sense if you cannot share it with others”. With this vision, along with his passion for the sea, boats and nature, in 1987 Vittorio Moretti created the Maxi Dolphin boatyard.
The first boat built by Maxi Dolphin was the 73ft CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA, designed by Bruce Farr, followed by the maxi 118 ft VIRIELLA, designed by Germán Frers. Two boats built according to that search for innovation, which is the basis of the Moretti Group, operating not only in the boating sector, but also in that of industrialized building , as well as in the top class enological, hotel and catering sectors.
A long number of sailing boats followed CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA and VIRIELLA: standard monotypes (over 300 produced Dolphin 81) and from 75 to 100 ft One-Off sailing boats, the outcome of the cooperation with the main yacht designers.
Roberto Starkel, Germán Frers, Bruce Farr, Luca Brenta Design, Bill Tripp, Finot-Conq are some of the designers for Maxi Dolphin, which in 2007 launched the MD Power: an innovative line of motor yachts, built using the same technologies of sailers and applying the same concept of custom-made, the real hallmark of all Maxi Dolphin boats.
• CE Certification – A
• Hull built on male mould, with SP system SE84 epoxy pre-preg composite materials including carbon, Kevlar and E-glass with Corecell core sandwich
• The hull is post-cured at controlled 85 degrees temperature ensure the stability in time of the laminate.
• Main structural elements are put into place at the time of moulding to ensure easy mounting of the bulkheads, pre-built on moulds.
• Hull spray painted in silver – 2015
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Same as hull construction
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit seating & cockpit sole – replaced 2015
• Exposed deck and superstructure areas spray painted in white finish.
Keel & Rudder:
• Fin keel with lead bulb, attached to hull with stainless steel bolts.
• Balanced rudder
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH 4-cylinder turbo-charge diesel engine producing 125hp
• Shaft drive gearbox
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Folding propeller
• Max-Power retractable bowthruster
• Mechanical direct steering system
• Twin wheel steering with carbon wheels and custom carbon helm pedestals
• Emergency tiller.
• 24vDC domestic systems with additional 12vDC system and 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverter
• 1 x Engine start battery bank
• 1 x Generator Start Battery
• 24v Service battery bank
Charging & Inverter:
• 12vDC battery charter
• 24vDC battery charger
• 12vDC Engine-mounted alternator
• 24vDC secondary alternator for service batteries
• Fischer Panda 10kw generator
• 220v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
• 24vDC pressure pumps
• Schenker reverse-osmosis watermaker with 220 litres per hour output – 2017
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Electric shower drain pumps
• 600 litres fuel capacity in stainless steel tanks
• 600 litres fresh water capacity in stainless steel tanks
• Blackwater holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G wind, depth, speed
• 4 x 20/20 B&G maxi displays at mast
• 2 x B&G FFD multi-function displays for helm pedestals
• 2x radar chart plotter displays at helm pedestals
• Steering compasses
Aft chart table:
• B&G FFD display for the chart table
• Radar chart plotter display
• VHF with DSC
• Stainless steel 3-burner gas stove with extraction hood
• Miele combination microwave oven
• Fridge & Freezer draws
• Electric freshwater heads in guest cabins
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths plus crew in forward master cabin and two twin aft cabins. 3 guest heads plus further crew heads.
• Interior finishes in white painted laminate surfaces with contrasting dark finishes
• Dark wood floors
• Panelled headlinings
• White upholstery throughout
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
• Crew cabin in forepeak with single berth.
• Ensuite heads in crew cabin with heads, shower and sink.
• Master cabin heads with laminated furniture. Ensuite heads.
• Master cabin with centreline double berth. Dressing table to starboard. Cabinets, counters and hanging lockers.
• Saloon with L-shaped settee to port. Dining table to port with centreline bench seat.
• Counter with lockers and cupboards opposite saloon to starboard.
• Galley aft of saloon area to starboard in L-shaped configuration with twin stainless steel sinks, various drawers, locker and cupboards.
• Chart table area aft of saloon area to port with sideways facing seat and AC/DC panels.
• Twin aft cabins with twin beds or bunks, hanging lockers, chests of drawers between beds.
• Ensuite heads for both aft cabins with electric heads and dedicated shower cubicles.
• Carbon fibre mast and Park Avenue boom
• Fractional rig
• 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Carbon composite standing rigging
• Below-deck hydraulic furler for jib
• Hydraulic sail control system controlling genoa, mainsail, genoa halyards and outhaul
• Low-friction mainsail track on mast with battencar system
• Fixed-point mainsheet system
• Antal deck equipment
• 2x 2-speed self-tailing powered primary winches
• 2x 2-speed self-tailing powered secondary winches
• Laminate mainsail – 150sqm – 2014
• Laminate genoa – 93sqm – 2014
• Staysail – 2014
• Furling gennaker – 2014
• Double stainless lifelines
• Swimming ladder
• Cockpit table
• Hydraulic drop-down bathing platform giving access to tender garage
• Carbon antenna mast at transom
• Composite flush-deckhead hatches – 2012
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Retractable anchor arm
• Reversing anchor windlass
• Anchor with 12mm chain
• Sanguinetti retractable mooring winch
• Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
Lying Gocek, Turkey
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.