2008 Maxi Dolphin MD51 Power
€575,000 Tax paid
Hull No.2 of the semi-custom MD51 series
|Manufacturer/Model||Maxi Dolphin MD51 Power|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||2x Volvo IPS600 435hp|
|Hull Construction||Composite vacuum infused|
|Drinking Water Capacity||300l|
Hull No.2 of the semi-custom Maxi Dolphin MD51 series to designs by Roberto Starkel. Configured for weekender duties with a supremely practical interior and cockpit configuration. Effortlessly stylish, seriously fun and very very quick!
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SEBYtwo is the perfect ‘do it all’ performance power yacht for those seeking the very finest in Italian design, construction and technology. A stunning mix of composite construction, ultra-efficient and easily-controlled diesel engines, all wrapped up in mesmerising red paint, teak and carbon fibre.
SEBYtwo is hull no.2 of a series of these Donald Starkel-designed semi-custom masterpieces. configured to be used as either a weekender or a superyacht tender/shuttle, she has a very practical interior and luxurious guest spaces both on deck and below. Her specification highlights include:-
• Volvo IPS600 drive system with twin 435hp diesels and joystick control
• Metallic red topsides with carbon fibre inserts and exterior styling
• Teak laid cockpit sole
• Schenker Watermaker
• Westerbeke 10.4kw generator
• Ecomar 6 sewage water treatment system with 3,000 litre per day capability
• Electrically operated saloon table
• Led lights
• Carbon fibre hard top
• Electric navigation seat
• Electric swim ladder
• Air Conditioning
Lightly used with minimal hours run and still in her original ownership, SEBYtwo would be make the ideal superyacht tender or weekender for those who value usable space over sleeping cabins.
The Maxi Dolphin MD51 is a motor yacht that capitalizes on Maxi Dolphin’ s expertise in building sailing yachts: the use of composite materials, the application of advanced construction technologies, and the design of hulls with excellent hydrodynamic efficiency. Its project is signed by Roberto Starkel.
A super-modern mega-tender yet of retro inspiration. The shape, based on the motorboats style of the ’30s, makes a contrast with today’s high-tech materials: the entire boat is built using SP System’s Sprint vacuum resin infusion process technology, that allows to achieve extreme strength and unmatched lightness.
The engines are masterpieces of technology: the MD51 has two 435-HP Volvo Penta IPS 600 engines. IPS (Inboard Performance System) is a revolutionary propulsion system developed by Volvo Penta. Its specially positioned propellers greatly enhance the system efficiency, offering higher top speed, as well as increased acceleration and overall performance. Moreover, thanks to the significant reduction in fuel consumption, the cruising range increases significantly Car-like maneuverability gives perfect handling at high speed, while the Volvo Penta joystick system permit very easy docking. Engine noise and vibrations at minimum level and lack of exhaust fumes contribute to the great comfort on board.
The Maxi Dolphin MD 51 is conceived with emphasis on eco-sustainability: its lightness, combined with the optimization of the hull design, allow to mount engines with smaller power than on similar size boats. For this reason, performances being equal, MD51 is able to achieve very low fuel consumption (just over 100 l/h at cruising speed), extended fuel range (340 M at cruising speed), and greatly reduces CO2 emissions.
For this specific yacht Maxi Dolphin has developed the first Apple I-Pad applications to control the boat’s electric/electronic devices and utilities, as well as the entertainment system. The I-Pad becomes a high-tech remote, that via WiFi, allows to control and operate all the boat’s functions (except engine, for safety reasons).
The use of CAN-bus technology has contributed to weight reduction, thanks to the elimination of large cables.
Utmost elegance, use of the most advanced technologies and of the new project visions in the continuous search for beauty: this is the course followed by Maxi Dolphin since 1987.
“Beauty? It’s something that makes you feel good, therefore something very individual. To me it means order, harmony and sharing. No beautiful thing makes sense if you cannot share it with others”. With this vision, along with his passion for the sea, boats and nature, in 1987 Vittorio Moretti created the Maxi Dolphin boatyard.
The first boat built by Maxi Dolphin was the 73ft CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA, designed by Bruce Farr, followed by the maxi 118 ft VIRIELLA, designed by Germán Frers. Two boats built according to that search for innovation, which is the basis of the Moretti Group, operating not only in the boating sector, but also in that of industrialized building , as well as in the top class enological, hotel and catering sectors.
A long number of sailing boats followed CARMEN DI BELLAVISTA and VIRIELLA: standard monotypes (over 300 produced Dolphin 81) and from 75 to 100 ft One-Off sailing boats, the outcome of the cooperation with the main yacht designers.
Roberto Starkel, Germán Frers, Bruce Farr, Luca Brenta Design, Bill Tripp, Finot-Conq are some of the designers for Maxi Dolphin, which in 2007 launched the MD Power: an innovative line of motor yachts, built using the same technologies of sailers and applying the same concept of custom-made, the real hallmark of all Maxi Dolphin boats.
• Our understanding is that the vessel complies with RCD CE Certification – B (Offshore)
• Hull constructed in female mould using GRP and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
• Hull vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
• Topsides spray painted in triple-layer red metallic paint
• Exposed carbon fibre inserts to deck house and carbon fibre bowplate.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck constructed in female mould using carbon fibre and pre-preg epoxy with Corecell core.
• Deck vacuum infused using SP Systems Sprint technology
• Deck and cockpit mouldings spray painted in triple-layer blue metallic paint
• Teak laid foredeck, cockpit sole and bathing platform
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo IPS600 turbo and compressor common rail diesel engines (based on Volvo D6) producing 435hp each at 3,500rpm
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• IPS drive legs with electronic vessel control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 550 as of November 2017
• Cruising speed – approx. 30 knots
• Maximum speed – approx. 37 knots
• Fuel economy at cruising speed – approx. 110lph
• Range at cruising speed – approx. 500Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
• Steering via IPS legs through steering wheel and electronic steering or via joystick for close-quarters manoeuvring
• 4-bladed Duoprops on IPS legs
• Lenco trim-tabs with electro-hydraulic controls
• 24vDC domestic and starting circuits with 220vAC via shorepower or generator.
• Electrical systems with CAN-bus system for added weight savings and simplicity
• 2x 80Ah 12vDC engine start batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 80Ah @ 24vDC x 2 (one for each engine)
• 400Ah @ 24vDC service battery bank offering up to 10 hours autonomy
• 1x 80Ah 12vDC generator start battery
• 1 x 12V automatic battery charger for generator battery
• 1 x 24V automatic battery charger for engines start batteries
• 1 x 24V automatic battery charger for services batteries
• Westerbeke 10.4kw 1500 rpm diesel generator
• 115Amp engine mounted alternators
• 220vAC shorepower system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 24vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced via engine driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated 30 litre hot water storage tank
• Cockpit shower
• Schenker Modular 24vDC 100 litre per hour reverse osmosis watermaker
• 4 x electric bilge pumps (owner cabin, dinette, engine room, central)
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
Black & Grey Water:
• ECOMAR 6 black water treatment 3000 lt/day
• 1,800 litres fuel capacity
• 300 litres fresh water capacity
• Black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Simrad CX 44 Navstation colour GPS chartplotter/radar
• Simrad 24Nm radar scanner
• LCD screen connected to Domotic control system
• Simrad AP25 autopilot control with RC36 gyro compass
• B&G speed/depth/temperature instruments
• Steering compass
• Volvo Penta control
• Simrad RS82 VHF with DSC
• Techimpex Crystal 2 220vAC induction hob with 2 cooking zones
• Extraction fan
• 220vAC Coffee machine
• Alpes stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressurised supply
• Frigonautica stainless steel front opening 100 litre fridge
• Frigonautica stainless steel ice maker
• Frigonautica 40 litre basket freezer
• Tecma 24vDC electric freshwater flush heads
• Hot & pressurised water supplies to heads
• 24vDC extraction fans in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Condaria PCWM4501 220vAC 18,000 BTU air-conditioning system with 2 outlets in saloon and one in master cabin
• 32’’ LCD TV in saloon with CD/DVD player
• 20” LCD TV in master cabin
• KVH M3 Tracvision satellite antenna with international decoder and modulator
Summary of Accommodation:
• One master cabin with king size bed and plus addition double using convertible saloon table. Guest heads and shower.
• White laminate and panelled finish with contrasting leather panels and wood flooring
• Stainless steel galley counters
• Carbon fibre insert to saloon table
• Red upholstery and cushions
• LED lighting throughout
• SEBYtwo is configured to be used as a day cruiser.
• The vessel has a large open-plan saloon with U-shaped settee. An electronically height-adjustable saloon table allows conversion to a large double berth/day bed.
• Forward of the saloon is a large cabin with dedicated shower cubicle, easily accessed from companionway steps.
• Aft to port is the linear galley with stainless steel counters and inset induction hob.
• Aft of the galley is a guest shower and heads.
• The cockpit bench seating to port and starboard suitable for up to 12 guests.
• Helm seat in carbon fibre and electrically adjustable
• Aft of the helm station to starboard is a refrigerator
• Opposite to port is a hatch giving access to a crew cabin complete with heads and sink/shower.
• Frigonautica 60 litre front-opening stainless steel refrigerator
• Carbon fibre and stainless steel grab rails
• Large bathing platform accessed via transom door
• Pressurised cockpit shower
• Electric Opacmare gangway retractable in the bathing platform area
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar V4 24vDC 2,000w reversing anchor windlass
• 25kgs Delta anchor with chain
• Mooring equipment
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• White leather cockpit upholstery
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying Sardinia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.