2013 Mylius 50 (15E25)
€600,000 Tax paid
Stunning Italian carbon rocketship
|Manufacturer/Model||Mylius 50 (15E25)|
|Designer||Mylius – Alberto Simeone|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Porto Piccolo, Italy|
|Hull Construction||Carbon composite|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||500l|
Simply stunning 3-cabin, 2-heads carbon composite Italian rocket-ship with high-tech build, full carbon rig and performance & thrills in spades. Beautifully constructed and ideal for fast cruising or racing.
OSCAR 2 was launched in December 2013. The owner, an architect from Padova, wanted a boat that would allow for both long spring and summer holidays whilst also allowing him to participate in some classic Mediterranean Regattas. These requirements contributed to define the layout and many furnishing details of this fantastic modern cruiser with racing vocations without compromising the level of comfort.
The interiors are in clear teak, finished with a water varnish. The master cabin has a classic configuration with double central bed and en-suite with separate shower box. The guest cabins have two double beds. The kitchen has a sink under the stairs and a vertical refrigerator. The deck, entirely covered in teak, has the primary and mainsail controls next to the helmsman position.
The Mylius 50’ is a true fast cruiser-racer, synthesis of quality, comfort, design and performance. It’s a 15 metre yacht designed to deliver the highest levels of functionality when cruising and to play first orders’ roles when racing. With a displacement of about 10 tonnes, the Mylius 50’ sailing performance guarantees great performances.
The carbon rig with wide-based and swept-back spreaders, the big main, the low-overlapping jibs and downwind asymmetric sails to rig up the mast and bowsprit ensure safety and ease of sailing with any sea and wind conditions. The deck offers exceptional usability when both cruising and racing: the large decked area, the clean contemporary lines of the coachroof and topsides with flush hatches, give the Mylius 50′ a look of extreme cleanliness. The large horizontal windows of the coachroof provides a pleasant continuity between the inside and the outside of the boat, highlighting its low and sleek profile.
The interior, with accommodation for 6/8 persons, reveal the exceptional brightness that the large window on the coach roof gives to the dining area. Different layouts offer interesting alternatives for the owner area and the sail locker.
The boat also has large areas of internal and external storage: at the bow there is a sail locker with access from the bridge, adjacent to the anchor locker and chain; in the cockpit there is a dedicated box for the life-raft; the aft garage can accommodate a tender up to 2.70 m.
Mylius was born in 2003 from a dream and the love for sailing of three men. Mario Sassi, Alberto Simeone and Mauro Montefusco always lived sailing as their big passion. After various professional experiences in other sectors, they launched a completely new company, able to reflect their way of living and loving the sea.
From the end of 2011, the Mylius SRL was 51% owned by the Twinpack Group, world leaders in the packaging industry, based in Podenzano near Piacenza. This was the best way of celebrating the long-lasting relationship between Luciano Gandini, President of Twinpack and now Mylius too, and the three founding partners.
The new headquarters, inaugurated in March 2015, consists of an area of over 17,000 square meters with six production and two office buildings, plus a private heliport. The lamination’s activities take place in Poland, in a structure of about 10,000 sq.m. with about 40 people, in partnership with Rega Yacht, highly specialized in composite construction, with an experience of almost 100 boats.
In the new shipyard in Podenzano several interesting synergies are implemented between two very different and very complementary industries. The shipbuilding experience and design excellence of Mylius are now combined with a solid industrial base, able to respond to all production requirements and technological challenges. Also thanks to these synergies, many ideas and projects are springing up, with a constant growth also in international markets.
• Our understanding is that the yacht complies with the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised CE certification A.
Hull and deck Construction:
• Carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich with vacuum-bag and post-cure techniques
• Bulkheads and deck are glued to the hull through structural epoxy adhesives
• The whole construction is then subjected to ultrasonic testing and certification
• Teak laid side decks and cockpit with light caulking
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder diesel engine with 55hp output
• Volvo Saildrive gearbox
• Fresh water engine cooling
• Single lever throttle control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 832 h as of November 2017
• Date of last engine service – 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• Folding propeller
• Twin helm pedestals with carbon wheels
• Composite steering cables
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shore power or inverter.
• 4 x Mastervolt AGM 12v/160 Ah joined to supply 640Ah.
• 1 x Mastervolt AGM 12 V/90Ah for engine starting
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2000-100 100Amp battery charger with integral 2,000w inverter
• 115A engine-mounted alternator
• Mastervolt GI3.5 isolation transformer
• 220v shore power supply with ring main
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with 12v pressure pump
• Hot water tank with engine driven calorifier and 220vAC immersion heater element
• Pressurised fresh water inlet from shore connected directly to fresh water supply (not for filling tanks)
• Schenker Modular Electron 60 Watermaker producing up to 60 litres per hour or 30 litres per hour at just 100w power consumption.
• Electric bilge pump
• Manual bilge pump
• 200 litres fuel capacity
• 500 litres fresh water capacity
• 2x black water holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
In Cockpit / On deck:
• 2x B&G Zeus T7 touchscreen 7” colour GPS chart plotter displays at helms
• B&G autopilot
• B&G Triton multi display
• 2x Steering compasses
• 4x B&G 20/20 displays at mast
At Chart Table:
• Domotic DC systems control screen
• Simrad VHF with DSC
• Hubba X marine wifi router
• Techimpex stainless steel gimballed gas stove with 3 burners, oven and grill
• Front opening stainless steel fridge
• Top opening fridge/freezer
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto Airtop Evo diesel fired hot air cabin heating system
• Recessed LCD TV in saloon
• Stereo system with Fusion cockpit speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths in three double cabins, saloon settee/berth. Two heads.
• Teak interior joinery
• White leather upholstery
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Sail locker in forepeak
• Owner’s Cabin forward
• Shower to port
• Heads to starboard
• Saloon aft to starboard with settee seating and height adjustable drop table to create occasional double.
• Seating opposite to port with central occasional table
• L-shaped linear galley opposite to port
• Navigation area at aft end of saloon seating to starboard
• Twin double aft cabins
• Day heads to starboard
• Southern Spars carbon fibre mast and boom
• Keel-stepped white painted fractionally-rigged mast with two sets of swept-back spreaders
• Navtec hydraulics for backstay, vang and forestay
• Battencar track for fully-battened mainsail
• Recessed mainsheet traveller
• German mainsheet system
• Ronstan jib tracks with towable cars
• Cariboni below-deck jib furler with integrated hydraulic stay tension-ram
• PBO standing rigging
• Bowsprit for gennaker
• Main area: 85 mq / 915 sq.ft.
• Jib area: 53 mq / 678 sq.ft.
• A-0 area: 160 mq / 1,722 sq.ft.
• Gennaker: 200 mq / 2,153 sq.ft.
• 2 x 50.2 St. electric Harken Performa halyard winches
• 4 x 60.2 St. Harken Performa mainsheet winches
• All sails are from Bank sails from 2014
• Fully-battened mainsail with 2-reefs
• 1 x furling / batten jib
• 1 x light non-furling jib
• A0 furling code sail (no furler fitted at present)
• A1 code sail
• A3 cruising code sail
• Pushpit, pulpit and twin gaurdwire stanchions
• Flush deck hatches
• Aft tender garage
• Carbon ensign staff
Covers & Canvas:
• Black canvas sprayhood
• Black canvas helm pedestal, wheel and winch covers
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar electric reversing anchor windlass
• Anchor and chain
• Recessed mooring cleat
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying Porto Piccolo, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.