2007 NAUTOR SWAN 53
$875,000 tax paid
Stunning high spec EU VAT paid Swan 53
|Manufacturer/Model||Nautor Swan 53|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Jamestown, United States|
|Engine||Volvo D2-75 75hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||512l|
DescriptionHuge specification 2007 Swan 53 with both US and European electrics. Extensively upgraded, 100% ready to go and presented in sparkling condition. EU VAT paid.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Swan 53 is a modern, performance cruising yacht of simply the first quality from Nautor Swan. Just at home making demanding ocean crossings as she is to taking a quick day trip to a secluded beach, she offers her owner comfort, luxury and style combined with good cruising performance and safe, steady behaviour wherever she sails. Stiff and robust, she is capable of making fast passage times and offers comfortable accommodation both above and below deck. The German Frers designed hull shape of the Swan 53 is so well suited to these tasks that it is also used in the current-generation Swan 54.
ELENA was originally launched in Europe in May 2007 as MERI BALLETTI and has been pampered since first touching the water. She has seen all the best cruising grounds and been carefully maintained with continuous upgrades and improvements. Purchased by her present owner through Grabau International in the UK in the summer of 2016 as a replacement for his Baltic 43 and renamed ELENA, she was then shipped to the US where she benefitted from a further pitstop and upgrade programme with new navigation electronics and upgrades to her domestic electrical systems which now allow her to operate perfectly and safely in both the US (110vAC 60Hz) and Europe (220vAC 50Hz).
Her specification highlights include:-
• Pale blue Awlgrip topsides
• White painted alloy rig with carbon fibre Park Avenue boom
• North 3DL mainsail and new Neil Pryde non-overlapping genoa
• Asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers
• Lewmar electric winches throughout
• Retractable bowthruster (completely overhauled 2016/17)
• Low hours on her Volvo D2-75 engine since 2014 overhaul
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced 2016 plus new 4-bladed Max prop 2018
• Complete new Raymarine instrument package above and below decks
• 24vDC gel service batteries
• 110vAC (60hz) and 220vAC (50Hz) shore supplies
• Fischer Panda 9.1kva generator
• 110vAC and 220vAC inverters
• Quocker instant hot water boiler and tap
• Seafresh watermaker
• Webasto reverse-cycle air conditioning system with 38,000BTU output
• 4-cabin interior layout with 3x doubles and one further crew/single cabin
• Teak and oak interior joinery
• Single cockpit arrangement for easy handling
• 2.44m keel allowing easy passage on US E.Coast
Now offered for sale as her owner wishes to move up in size, ELENA presents a unique opportunity to acquire a modern generation, 100% sorted and ‘turn key’ performance cruising Swan which will be just as happy cruising the US and Europe. ELENA also has the additional benefit that she is EU VAT-paid, although she will need to return to EU waters to retain this status upon sale.
• RCD Status: The yacht meets the requirements of the EC Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) with Boat design category: A (Ocean).
• The hull is of single skin construction using glassfibre reinforced isopolyester laminate with vinylester skincoat.
• Multiaxial or unidirectional fibres in selected areas.
• Structural bulkheads are of marine plywood with GRP reinforcements and bonded to hull and deck.
• Stiffener flanges are unidirectional lay-ups over hollow cores.
• Weather-resistant NGA type gelcoat NGA7177 (Signature Blue) for topsides, repaint by DuPont (2011). Cove,boot and coaming stripes in white gelcoat.
• Uncoloured gelcoat below waterline with epoxy barrier coat layers sprayed on bottom, and finished in black
• Micron Extra antifouling.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck is of sandwich construction, using multiaxial glass fibre reinforced isopolyester laminate.
• Low-density closed cell foam core, and is bonded to the hull.
• High-density core under deck fittings, reinforced coachroof to support forward mainsheet position.
• Deck surfaces finished in white gelcoat with double comaing stripes in stars and stripes blue.
• Teak toe rails with drain openings. Laid teak 9 mm nominal thickness in cockpits, coachroof, on side decks,around winches and on bathing platform, glued and vacuum bagged without screws.
• Teak deck refurbished in 2014 – this is the first deck sanding in the life of the vessel.
• Under helmsman’s seat gas bottle locker starboard side, stowage port side.
• Two seats with back rest on each side.
Keel & Rudder:
• The fin keel is a lead casting with antimony and carefully finished to accurate shape
• Cast-in keel bolts are of high-tensile stainless steel.
• Rudder of foam filled GRP with tapered high-tensile stainless steel stock, supported by two self-aligning
• Weed deflector in front of rudder.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo-Penta D2-75 diesel engine output 53Kw 72SHP at 3000 RPM.
• Engine space internally sound insulated, meeting SOLAS B-15 fire resistance requirements.
• Drip tray integral with engine bed.
• Engine and reduction gear are supported on flexible mounts.
• Fuel filter/water separator with water alarm and shut off valve on feed line to engine.
• Thermostatically controlled fresh water cooling system with a heat exchanger for the engine.
• Wet exhaust system for main engine, i.e. no water separator.
• Volvo 150 S-B saildrive gearbox
• Reverse oil change pump (generator, engine, sail drive)
Maintenance & performance:
• Engine hours: Approx 780 as of July 2018 (since 2014 overhaul)
• Engine last serviced June 2018
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced - 2016
• Comprehensive engine overhaul - 2014
Propulsion & Steering:
• Retractable bow thruster – MaxPower VIP 150 – overhauled 2017
• Joystick controls on both helm positions.
• Steering system with two 1.05 m stainless wheels with elkhide cover, 2.1 turns H.O. to H.O.
• Composite pedestals with roller bearings and brake
• Emergency tiller stowed in lazarette.
• MAX EZ 4-blade feathering propeller - 2018
• 24v DC domestic system with 220v AC and 110v AC supplied via generator, inverter or shore power
• 12vDC 50Ah Optima Red Top AGM engine start battery
• 12vDC 50Ah Optima Red Top AHM generator start battery
• 24vDC service battery bank with 660Ah Fullriver AGM batteries- 2017
• 24vDC bowthruster battery bank with 2x 12vDC Optima Red Top AGM batteries joined in series
• Mastervolt 75 Amp 220vAC 3-step battery charger
• 25 Amp charger for bowthruster battery bank
• Fischer Panda 9000 ND PMS 7.7kW, 9.1kVA diesel generator – 2010
• Generator hours – approx 3,880 as of July 2018
• Wet exhaust system for diesel generator, i.e. no water separator. Water is discharged below the waterline and exhaust gases from diesel generators exit under the transom.
• Mastervolt 220vAC 2,500w inverter
• Xantrex 110vAC 1,800w inverter – 2018
• 110A 24v alternator for charging service battery bank and bowthruster batteries via splitter
• 80A 12v secondary alternator for charging start battery
• 32Amp shore power connection
• 220vAC and 110vAC shore power inlets
• Shore inlets provided with polarity alarm, main switch, and land connecting cable.
• Outlets provided with earth fault protection.
• 110vAC and 220vAC sockets internally
• Connection to battery charger and water heater resistor element
• Wires are sized to minimise voltage drop.
• For lightning protection the headstay, backstay (unless used as SSB antenna), main shroud chain plates and mast step are grounded to ballast keel bolts with heavy cable.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot and cold pressure water, with back-up foot pump for cold only in galley.
• Drinking water purifier.
• Quooker water boiler with instant hot-water tap in galley sink.
• Sea water hoses of reinforced PVC tubing, fresh water hoses of nylon tubing.
• Consumable water can be heated either with engine cooling water, or with a heating element working on AC.
• Hot water tank capacity 75 litre.
• Seafresh Watermaker H208A, 220vAC producing 126L/H.
• 2x Whale manual bilge pumps
• 1x electric bilge pump with automatic float switches.
• Grey water collection for each head, discharged overboard by electric pump.
• Black water discharges to holding tanks
• Sea cocks of bronze for all through-hull connections below waterline, finished flush with outside and located in accessible positions.
• Inboard side of sea cocks fitted with stud long enough to take two hose clamps.
• Total capacity of 690 litres in stainless steel tanks
• One filler line with strainer for each tank.
• Tanks vented to deck edge.
• Baffles, inspection cover, sounding plug, and vent pipe for all tanks.
• Total capacity of 512 litres in stainless steel tanks
• Baffles, inspection cover, sounding plug, and vent pipe for all tanks.
• 2 x 60 litre black water tanks; 1 x forward, 1 x aft.
• Holding tanks for toilets, emptied by electrical pump or deck suction.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x Raymarine Axiom Pro 9” GPS chart plotter and radar screens – 2017
• 2x Raymarine P70 autopilot control heads - 2017
• 4x Raymarine i70 multi-functions displays – 2017 (two at each helm)
• 4x Raymarine i70 multi-function displays above companionway – 2017
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
• Raymarine 4kw closed array digital radar scanner on mast – 2012
• Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS antenna
• 2x Suunto steering compasses
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine Axiom Pro GPS chart plotter and radar screen – 2017
• Raymarine i70 multi-functions display – 2017
• AIS transceiver
• ICS Nav 6A dual frequency Navtex
• ICOM IC-M802 HF SSB (US-licence required) – 2017
• Raymarine Ray 70 VHF with DSC – 2017 with E288264 Remote Handset 2017
• WiFi booster with internal router to supply WIFI to the whole boat
• Double stainless steel sinks in forward section with pressurised hot & cold water supplies plus manual fresh and manual salt water supplies.
• Galley sinks drained through sea cock.
• Dual front loading refrigerators (Saloon unit replaced 2018)
• Top-loading freezer.
• Gimballed Force Ten propane gas oven with four-burner stovetop - 2010.
• SOBA Babynova 1180 Rapid washing machine – 2014.
• 24vDC Jabsco electric toilets with Y-valves for discharge either to holding tank or overboard.
• Washbasins and shower trays drained with electrical pump.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Recessed and discreet ventilator fans in all cabins with variable speed control.
• Webasto Blue Cool Premium 38000 BTU central heating and air conditioning unit with fancoils: In Saloon
• 18000 BTU; In forward Cabins 6000 BTU; In Aft Cabin 4000 BTU; In Starboard aft cabin 4000 BTU;
• Temperature and fan control in all cabins; Includes dedicated shore power inlet.
• Natural ventilation in cabins
• Exhaust blowers in galley and heads.
• Sony Bravia LCD TV in saloon with digital TV antenna
• Fusion stereo (MS-AV750) with XM radio antenna, DVD and Bluetooth - 2017
• Saloon and cockpit speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to eight berths in three cabins double cabins, one further crew/single cabin and occasional saloon settee berth. Three heads.
• Teak and oak are used for visible woodwork with hand rubbed satin finish.
• Floorboards made of plywood with top face of oak with teak stripes same satin finish as the interior; all floorboards were replaced in 2014.
• Interior varnish work refreshed 2015
• Topsides where visible lined with wooden battens or removable vinyl panels.
• Mosquito screens and blinds for deck hatches.
• Saloon curtains in Orient Accident Saba 10.
• Structural bulkheads are of marine plywood with GRP reinforcements.
• Cabinets, tables, bureaus, seats, dressers etc. have rounded corners.
• Doors, partitions and paneling are teak faced solid plywood or foam-cored sandwich.
• Self-engaging latches with bumpers to hold doors in open position.
• Hanging lockers are equipped with rods and hooks.
• Drawers are secured with latches.
• Handrails at companion way and in saloon overhead.
• Companion way ladder with non-slip steps.
• Reading lights above each berth.
• Saloon table with Corian edge stripe.
• Upholstery: All fixed berths have foam mattresses over Scandi-Flex battens. For double berths 12.5 cm, (5”),
• for single berths 7.5 cm (3”), and for pipe cots 5 cm (2”) thick mattresses.
• Owner’s cabin with spring mattress instead of standard foam.
• Forward and aft cabin berths equipped with teak leeboards/canvas lee cloths.
• Textile covers Annala Folk No. 2 with Velcro zippers mattresses.
• Saloon upholstery replaced in 2017.
Hatches & Portlights:
• Hinged flush deck hatch for forepeak locker, windlass, chain box and bow thruster hatch.
• Lewmar Medium and Low Profile recessed hinging deck hatches.
• Four openable coaming portholes, three portholes in cockpit
• Parasol grey deckhouse windows by Form glass.
• Main companionway lockable sliding hatch of tinted acrylic with sliding drop board.
• In cockpit hinged GRP hatches to lazarette, and to stowage locker with space for life raft.
• Additional hatch over owner’s head.
• Additional 60cm x 60cm hatch on foredeck positioned above pillow end of double berth.
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
Forward Cabin (Master):
• Centerline double berth with storage lockers below.
• Handing lockers on either side aft with sail storage locker to port.
• Writing/vanity desk with opening top and mirror above, dedicated Swan chair.
• Ensuite head aft to starboard with shower, washbasin, storage lockers and mirrors.
Forward Guest Cabin:
• Double berth outboard with storage lockers above and below.
• Hanging locker forward and inboard.
• Vanity desk with mirror.
• Safe mounted below berth.
• Adjacent head on starboard side with WC, shower, washbasin, storage lockers and mirrors.
• L-Shaped settee to port with dining table, seating for six persons.
• Book shelves and storage lockers outboard.
• 2x moveable Swan chairs inboard.
• Flat Screen television mounted on aft bulkhead port side.
• Ample storage below settees, behind backrests and in storage lockers.
• Custom made bottle storage locker forward.
• Overhead handrails.
• Nav. station to starboard.
• Galley located on starboard side aft of saloon.
• Work surfaces finished in Corian, cameo white.
• Storage lockers and drawers for galley utensils and equipment.
• Forward facing navigators seat with opening-top chart table.
• Book shelved and storage lockers outboard.
• Instruments and monitors mounted flush on recessed panels.
Aft Cabin (Port):
• Double berth that can be separated into separate berths with leeboard.
• Hanging locker forward and outboard.
• Storage lockers above berth outboard.
• Mirror with teak frame.
• Adjacent head in port aft corner of saloon with WC, shower, washbasin, storage lockers and mirrors.
Aft Cabin (Starboard, Skipper):
• Single berth outboard that can be extended with additional mattress section.
• Hanging locker forward.
• Storage lockers below berth.
• Generator and washing machine installed inboard.
• Offshore Spars mast built of extruded aluminium alloy sections painted white.
• Mast was removed and completely serviced in 2011 at Jamestown Boat Works, Rhode Island.
• Offshore Spars carbon fibre park avenue boom painted white.
• Double spreader 15/16 fractional rig with discontinuous shrouds, and 20 degree swept back aluminium spreaders with wide shroud base.
• Mast of oval section, with external track for full-batten mainsail.
• Additional track for tri-sail, Antal 40.
• Tapered and welded masthead with two gennaker sheaves, and one main halyard sheave.
• Two jib halyard sheaves, and one staysail halyard sheave.
• Internal wiring secured to mast. Folding footsteps on mast.
• Standing rigging of round Navtec rod. C550 rigging screws with stainless covers for main shrouds - 2010.
• Headstay with toggles at upper and lower end.
• Aramid inner forestay and running backstays.
• Hydraulic boom vang with high-pressure re- turn, tensioners for backstay and outhaul.
• Single gauge Navtec System 50 central control panel in cockpit.
• Stainless steel chainplates, headstay recessed for under-deck furler.
• Main shroud chainplates bolted to reinforced web frames.
• Backstay chainplates attached to hull structure.
• Harken sheet tracks, cars, and blocks.
• Spinlock jammers and clutches.
• Additional padeyes for mainsheet position on coach roof.
• Custom made running rigging inventory.
• Main halyard with screw shackle, gennaker, jib and staysail halyards with snap shackles.
• Recessed Harken furler with furling line led to cockpit winch.
• Main sheet position on coach roof.
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• 2x Lewmar 66 CEST electric 2-speed self-tailing – Primary winches.
• 2x Lewmar 54 CEST electric 2-speed self-tailing – Mainsheet winches.
• 2x Lewmar 50 CEST electric 2-speed self-tailing – Secondary winches.
• 2x Lewmar 50 CEST electric 2-speed self-tailing – Halyard winches.
• North Sails 3DL Marathon, Fully Battened mainsail - 2012
• Neil Pryde Dacron 100% furling jib – 2018
• North Sails asymmetric spinnaker with snuffer – 2007
• North Sails symmetric spinnaker - 2007
• North Sails Tri sail 2007
• North Sails Storm Jib - 2007
• Removable high gloss varnished teak cockpit table with folding leaves.
• Lifeline gate both sides amidships, and in pushpit.
• Pulpit, pushpit and lifeline stanchions 600 mm high of stainless steel, with bases bolted through deck.
• Mount for outboard motor on starboard side of pushpit
• Teak seats integrated into pushpit on either side.
• Additional bathing ladder attachment points on either side Midship.
• Folding carbon passerelle from Exit Engineering 216cm long including padded stowage bag, carbon spreader bar, stanchions and lifting connections. Clear coat carbon finish.
• One deck shower with hot and cold water is installed at bathing platform,
• Deck wash pump in foredeck.
• Manual opening bathing platform on transom.
Covers & Canvas:
• Two canvas bags for halyards tails, one on each side of the companionway.
• Large spray hood over the companion way with a recess in the deck, including a canvas cover over the recess. Centre of sprayhood opens and can be rolled up.
• Padded canvas stowage bag for cockpit table.
• Bimini over forward end of cockpit.
• Bimini over aft end of cockpit with two viewing panels.
• Zip-in section of canvas goes between helm station bimini and boom mounted sun screens.
• Sun awning for park avenue boom.
• Cockpit cushions and exterior throw pillows.
• Sail cover.
• Transom cover.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar 24vDC anchor windlass
• Alloy mooring cleats and fairleads at bow and stern.
• Two mooring cleats amidships Spacing conforming to ORC requirements.
• Stainless steel stemhead fitting with one anchor roller.
• 60lb CQR anchor on Stemhead.
• 100m of 10mm stainless steel anchor chain.
• Fenders and warps
• Boat hook.
• Comprehensive range of navigational and deck lights including HELLA Naviled LED navigation lights.
• Cockpit lighting on park avenue boom.
• LED spreader lights
• Underwater LED lighting at stern –
• 8-man liferaft – serviced until August 2018
• Jonbuoy MOB recovery
• Life sling
• Clean Agent (FM200) fire extinguishing system for engine room space.
• Fixed fire extinguisher in engine space with release handle at companionway.
• Portable extinguishers in interior, one in galley, one forward. Fire blanket in galley.
Viewing arrangementsLying : Jamestown, Rhode Island U.S.A.
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.