2001 Nautor Swan 80
€1,490,000 Tax paid
Highly competitive extended Swan 80
|Manufacturer/Model||Nautor Swan 80|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 4LH-STE 220hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||1200l|
Originally launched as ‘FAVONIOUS’, ALPINA is a 2001-launched example of the German Frers designed Swan 80. She has been used in her current ownership for highly competitive regatta sailing and charter. Fully fitted out for both racing and cruising, her highlights are many and include:-
• T-bulb regatta keel
• Stern lengthened to 82ft to create larger aft deck spaces and storage in lazarettes
• Topsides raised by 10cm to increase headroom internally
• Recently resprayed
• Newly fitted teak deck
• Full carbon rig- recently inspected
• Racing and cruising sail wardrobes from North Sails
• Hydraulic furling genoa and powered winches (manual coffee grinders for racing)
• Northern Lights generator
• B&G instrument package
• Satellite coms equipment
• Master cabin, two guest cabins and crew cabin, all with ensuite heads
• Tender and watertoys
Seriously for sale and price accordingly, ALPINA is immediately available for trophy collecting and fast blue water cruising. If ever there was a boat for collecting ARC line honours, this is her!
2016 REFIT SUMMARY:
• Old teak deck removed and replaced with new 10mm teak deck. Sanded to 9mm. The teak is of very high quality.
• Glass on hatches removed and re-designed without the margin boards to give an up to date appearance.
• Winches and deck gear serviced.
• Clear coat repairs on mast, boom and radar mast.
• Transom door removed and delamination repaired. Transom painted and a new graphic for the name.
• Paint repairs on bow and around chafed areas.
• Yacht haul-out and sand blasted. Gel shield primer and two coats of antifouling applied.
• Engine and generator serviced. Propeller serviced.
• Watermaker control panel replaced, new membranes and filters, HP pump serviced. New Low Pressure pump installed.
• Safety equipment for SCV2 revised. Renewed (5 year survey had expired). Code for commercial use with SCV2.
• Tender steering and throttle arrangement replaced.
• Cruising sails serviced by North Sails France, New UV strip installed on the Furling Jib. A zip system installed on three A Sails for racing.
• Engine room ventilation and pressed air system fans replaced.
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning serviced.
• 2016 Rolex Maxi Cup, Porto Cervo – 3rd place IRC Maxi Class
• 2014 Heineken Regatta St.Martin 1st Place
• 2012 Palma Vela, Giraglia, Loro Piana, Voiles des St. Tropez
• 2011 Swan Med Cup Winner
• 2009 Palma Vela 1st Place
• 2008 Swan Cup 1st Place
• 2008 Capri regatta 1st Place
• 2007 PalmaVela 1st Place
• 2005 Voiles De St. Tropez 1st place
• Our understanding is that ALPINA is CE certified for category A – OCEAN
• Hull construction is monolithic glass fibre reinforced Vinylester laminate with carbon fibre used to reinforce the hull stiffeners. Structural bulkheads are carbon sandwich with nomex core.
• The freeboard has been increased by 10cm giving improved headroom throughout the boat; hull has been extended by 45 cm giving a spacious aft deck and ample stowage space in the lazarette.
• Topsides newly painted in 2008 in Awlgrip Stars & Stripes blue with white cove stripe and double-stripe boot top. Hull window for propeller inspection.
• Flush Forespar Marelon seacocks.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck construction is carbon fibre sandwich with high density core used at any hi-load points.
• Deck in White Gelcoat with single coaming stripe in Stars & Stripes blue gelcoat.
• Teak on side decks, bridge deck, cockpit soles, seats and bathing platform, 9 mm thick, 55 mm wide.
• Teak deck replaced 2016
• Teak toerail inside composite bulwark.
• Teak footrests in cockpit and around grinding pedestals.
Keel & Rudder:
• Fin and T-bulb regatta keel, one ton lighter than standard Swan 80 keel, offering better upwind performance.
• Foam filled carbon/epoxy rudder blade with tubular carbon fibre stock supported by two self-aligning roller bearings.
• Weed cutter forward of rudder.
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar Marine Diesel 4LH-STE 220hp.
• Semi-dry exhaust system.
• Spinlock throttle control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Twin ‘Destroyer Type’ carbon steering wheels with teak trim.
• Lightweight aluminium steering quadrant bolted to rudder stock.
• Vectran steering cables.
• 3-bladed 28” MaxProp feathering propeller.
• Rexroth powered hydraulic system driving winches, headsail furler, backstay and anchor windlass
• PTO from Northern Lights generator
• Emergency power cut-off at both helm positions.
• 24v domestic system with 12v starting banks and 220vAC via generator, inverters or shore power
• Service banks – 24x 2v cells joined in parallel and series to provide approx. 840Ah @ 24vDc
• 1x 12v 135Ah engine start battery
• 1x 12v 135Ah generator start battery
• 2x Mastervolt Mass 24 75 Amp smart chargers for service battery bank
• Mastervolt Mass 50 Amp smart charger for 12v battery banks
• Northern Lights 16kva generator
• Mastervolt 24/2500 2.5kw inverter
• 1 x 24v 175Amp alternator for charging service battery bank
• 1 x 12v alternator for charging start battery bank
• 220v/50Hz shore power connection with AC outlets in interior
• 24vDC pressure system for hot and cold fresh water.
• 80 litre calorifier tank for heating water via engine or with 220vAC element from shorepower or generator
• Hot & cold pressurised showers in all heads and at transom
• Sea Recovery charcoal filtration system with UV sterilizer
• Fresh water connection in forward locker for deckwash
• Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper 4500 litre per day reverse osmosis watermaker
• Electric main bilge pump with manual override
• Two Whale electric bilge pimps with manual controls
• 3x Whale manual bilge pumps
• Seawater pump for deckwash and fire fighting
• 1,820 litres of fuel capacity in 5x tanks
• Water alarm
• 1,200 litres of fresh water capacity in 2x integral GRP tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hercules 2000 wind/depth/log pack with performance processor:
• 4 x B&G FFD’s and 2x Analog AWA in aft cockpit.
• 2 x B&G 20/20 in forward cockpit.
• 3 x B&G 40/40 displays on carbon bracket below gooseneck.
• B&G/KVH Gyro Trac compass.
• Furuno Radar with electrically adjustable antenna.
• B&G Hercules ACP 2 autopilot with display near port helm.
• B&G twin hydraulic ram size 4/24 V DC, constant running.
• B&G Zeus2 9” colour GPS/chart plotter radar displays at both helms
• 2x B&G Triton T41 multi-displays at companionway
• B&G wind, speed, log, depth and water temperature transducers
• 2x B&G autopilot controls at helms
• B&G AC42 course computer, RC42 gyro and Jefa DU-T58-12 electric drive unit
• Spare power unit for autopilot with angle sensor and selection switch
• B&G Broadband 4G digital radar scanner on mast
• B&G ZG100 antenna
• B&G Class B NAIS 400L AIS transceiver with silent switch
• Steering compasses inset to cockpit coamings
At chart table:
• Shuttle XPC computer running chart navigation software.
• 2x 17” LCD computer monitors at chart table.
• GPS Leica MK10 DGPS.
• Navtex Furuno NX300.
• B&G FFD at chart table.
• B&G Hercules autopilot display
• Oregon Scientific barometer/ships clock at chart table.
• Inmarsat Mini M, Sailor SP4164A.
• Inmarsat C, SP Radio Sailor 1622D/GPS.
• VHF transceiver SP Radio RT 4822 with second handset and speaker in cockpit.
• GSM cellular phone Siemens Gigaset 3010 2 pieces.
• Panasonic telephone exchange unit KXTD 816.
• Toshiba Fax machine.
• Panasonic printer.
• Combined antenna system RR Delta incl. VHF, TV and GSM.
• Twin stainless steel sinks with fresh and seawater taps.
• Quooker water boiler (3litre).
• 2 x Front loading refrigerators on starboard side.
• Top loading deep freezer 175 Lt.
• Iceberg refrigeration units with hold-over plates for refrigerator and freezer, one 230v AC powered compressor unit and one engine driven compressor.
• Additional top loading drinks refrigerator on port side of saloon.
• Oven with built in microwave Miele H186.
• Alpes Inox 4-burner gimballed stove with oven and grill.
• Alpes Inox extractor hood above stove.
• Raritan Icemaker in saloon.
• Tecma Silent marine heads
• Hot & cold showers in all heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system with 57,000BTU combined output.
• Central system installed in engine room with air handlers in all cabins.
• Independent shore power inlet, collector tanks for condensation with individual pump out.
• Forced ventilation into cabins, extractor blowers in engine room, heads and galley/
• Sony Stereo equipment including 5.1 surround sound with sub-woofer installed under saloon table
• Panasonic 42” Plasma TV screen
• Sony CD/DVD player
• Sony stereo connected to waterproof deck speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to ten berths in master cabin, two guest cabins, occasional berths in saloon and crew cabin forward. Ensuite heads for all cabins.
• Teak interior joinery with hand rubbed satin varnish finish
• Deckhead panels installed in all accommodation areas and covered with Almond coloured Ultraleather.
• Floorboards of sandwich construction, top face is teak with holly stripes.
• Floorboards are varnished with six coats of polyurethane varnish and have the same satin finish as the rest of the interior.
• Topsides where visible are lined with teak battens.
• Teak gratings in all heads.
• Corian counters in galley
• Settees and sofas have Lapna soft (0116) coloured leather upholstery.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
Forward Crew Heads:
• Located forward of crew cabin.
• Heads and shower.
Forward Crew Cabin:
• Crew quarters with a single bunk on starboard which is topped with stainless steel and doubles as a work surface.
• TV/Video unit installed above bunk with storage lockers both above and below.
• L-shaped settee and table to port with folding berth above
Forward Guest Cabin:
• The forward guest cabin has a double berth (length 207 cm) with folding Pullman berth above.
• Storage with hanging lockers and drawers.
Forward Guest Heads:
• En-suite head with shower
• Electric marine toilet
• Shower curtains, mirrors and storage lockers.
• Forward of the saloon to starboard is a large and modern galley.
• Through the galley is the access to the crew quarters. With the door to the saloon closed, the crew is self-supporting and the owner and his guests can enjoy complete privacy.
• On the starboard side of the main saloon there is a settee with coffee table and an entertainment centre with plasma screen, video and stereo equipment.
• To port, there is an L-shaped sofa with a large saloon table and three chairs.
• Table drops to the level of the saloon seats via electric motor to create a large lounging area or occasional double berth.
• The navigation area is multi-functional and serves as navigation, communication and administration centre.
• The forward facing side functions as navigation area with all navigation instruments grouped here while the aft facing part contains the communication equipment.
• There is a swivelling Recaro chair in front of the table.
Port Aft Guest Cabin:
• The aft guest cabin has one single bunk with one folding Pullman above and another inboard.
• Berth lengths 210cm.
Port Aft Guest Heads:
• Ensuite head with shower
• Electric marine toilet
• Shower curtains, mirrors and storage lockers.
• The full width owner’s stateroom aft has a large centreline berth.
• Settee to port
• Vanity desk to starboard.
• In addition, there are large hanging lockers
Master Cabin Heads:
• Ensuite head with shower and separate shower stall
• Electric marine toilet
• Mirrors and storage lockers.
• Engine room is directly under the forward cockpit and is accessible under the main companionway steps or through doors along the corridor aft.
• Lined with Rockwool sound proofing, the area is insulated for a 20Db reduction of airborne sound.
• Hall Spars Hi-modulus carbon fibre mast – clear coated
• 4-sets of spreaders
• Navtec discontinuous rod rigging – checked and replaced where necessary
• PBO split backstay – 2008 – operated via hydraulic powerpack and fitted with quick release button
• PBO inner forestay
• Carbon fibre chainplates
• Removable hydraulic mast-jack
• Hall Spars carbon fibre oval regatta boom, clear coated, two reefing points with internal jammers at gooseneck, removable lazy jacks.
• Reckmann RF90-3 below-deck hydraulic genoa furler
• Racing forestay with tuff luff
• Harken deck gear
• Jib sheets can be led under or above deck.
• Spinlock Jammers.
• Antal luff track on mast to accommodates cars or bolt rope.
• Navtec manual hydraulic vang, backstay, outhaul, inner forestay and jib halyard tensioners
• 2 x Hall Spars Spinnaker poles.
• 2 x Hall Spars Jockey Poles.
• IG = 32.30m – Fore triangle 146, m².
• J = 9.05m – Mainsail 148 m².
• P = 29.47m – Jib area 110% 160 m².
• E = 10.05m – Assym. Spinnaker 526 m².
• 2 x 1110 TCR 3-speed hydraulic powered primary winches with overdrive gearing for downwind efficiency.
• 1 x 1110 3-speed hydraulic powered self-tailing (ST) mainsheet winch
• 2 x 990 3-speed hydraulic powered ST secondary winches
• 2 x 53 2-speed manual ST mainsheet traveller winches
• 2 x 990 3-speed hydraulic powered ST halyard winches
• 2x 990 2-speed manual ST halyard winches
• 2x Black clear coated carbon grinding pedestals with crosslink below deck for primary winches for manual operation when racing
• 1x Black clear coated carbon grinding pedestal for mainsheet winch for manual operation when racing
• All sails are by North Sails
• Racing Sail Wardrobe consisting of:
• Mainsail – 3Di– 2012
• Light No.1 – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar – 2008
• Medium No.2 – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar – 2007
• Heavy No.3 – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar – 2006
• Heavy No.4 – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar – 2008
• Cruising Sail Wardrobe consisting of:
• Mainsail – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar with taffeta, 2-reefs and full battens – 2011
• 105% Yankee-cut Furling jib – 3DL Carbon/Kevlar with taffeta – 2012
• Staysail – Spectra – 2001
• Storm Jib – Spectra – 2001
• A3 code sail – 2004
• Hydraulically operated bathing platform.
• Pulpit, pushpit and lifeline stanchions 640 mm high of stainless steel Spacing conforming to ORC requirements.
• Integrated rollers on top of two forward stanchions on each side.
• Gates in lifelines each side amidships.
• Carbon fibre radar post with quick fittings to disconnect easily
• Removable stainless handrails on foredeck.
• Gangway fitting on transom and swim platform
• Stowage lockers on either side of main companionway entrance
• Nautor custom made flush mounted deck hatches and portlights.
• Goiot opening portholes
• Custom made composite foot stands for helmsman.
• Multiplex Carbon fibre folding gangway.
• Swim ladder that can be used on bathing platform and side gates.
• Removable centre cockpit table with folding leaves.
• Removable stainless steel deck mounts for spi poles.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Recessed Lewmar 3000 hydraulic anchor windlass in bow locker remote hand control
• CQR anchor on folding Carbon fibre anchor arm, stowed below decks when not in use.
• 100 metres of Lewmar 12mm anchor chain
• Moulded GRP chain box
• Flush mounted pop-up mooring cleats and fairleads by Versari-Delmonte.
• 2 x Cleats and 4 x fairleads on aft deck, 2 x cleats amidship, 2 x cleats and 2 x fairleads on bow.
• Mooring lines.
• 8 x Fenders.
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions.
• Sprayhood over entrance hatch, stowed flush
• Boom cover
• Non skid canvas floor covers for saloon, galley, nav station and passage floors
• Mesh rope bags for both cockpits
• Custom made covers for: Steering wheels, winches, grinding pedestals, spinnaker poles, jockey poles, cockpit table
Tenders, Outboards and Watertoys:
• 3.5m tender
• Honda 20hp outboard engine
1 x Donut for 2 persons
• 1 x screamer
• Beach toys (bat & ball, several beach balls)
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Automatic engine room fire extinguishing system
• Fire extinguishers throughout interior
Lying Antibes – S.of.France
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.