Stunning carbon-hulled 52ft fast cruiser from Vismara in 2007. Ultra-stylish, yet ultra-practical and set up for effortless short-handed fast cruising
** Over 50 new photos from November 2018 available - Please contact us for download link **
A project, created from the collaboration between Vismara and Guido Spadolini in the fast high sea cruising sector, is another step forward in boat design, both in terms of the new concepts of interiors and exteriors and of its easy manoeuvrability – easy sailing. Other details that make this design so cutting edge is the fact it is built entirely in carbon fibre, a retracting anchor that comes out under the hull, a large stern door through to the tender compartment, and sunbathing area with incorporated gangway.
The boat features various distinct design and development areas: The hull, derived from the ultra-modern Volvo 70’ features a reduced maximum beam, medium/light displacement and a high stability ratio as well as fine lines at the bow to guarantee a more comfortable passage over the waves and total sailing comfort. The cutting-edge stern sections of the hull, complete with “planing edge,” increase the dynamic length at the water line, directional stability and performance, including from the engine, which reaches a cruising speed of 11 knots.
Such an innovative project could only be redesigned from an aesthetic viewpoint. The deck and cockpit are faced in teak, the wheelhouse painted in light two-coloured metallic grey and the hull is painted in dark metallic grey. Classical materials and traditional colours have been left behind. All structural elements are made in composite and painted.
To transform the interior layout, it was necessary to design a deckhouse/deck that not only would have an innovative design but with specific shape. Placing the bathrooms in the stern has forced the integration between the steering columns and the seats in the cockpit to create areas of the required height. The cockpit level/seating is very large so as to be able to include a table that retracts into the walking surface of the cockpit and also a self-inflating raft peak. The entrance has large sliding doors to make more access room and has glass panels overlooking the cockpit for more light inside. A large, retractable hood protects the cockpit/ entrance area against harsh weather and has room for 4 people to stay sitting outside, completely protected. The lines and sail plan: for a sailing boat to be usable, it must be simple and automated. This has been made possible by systems already created on the new Vismara 42, 46 and 52, which have hydraulic controls for the main sheet, fully electric-powered retractable halyards, electric-powered winches and windlasses but above all a new winch layout, aft of the wheel station to allow the skipper to make manoeuvres such as turning, completely independent.
• CE Certification - A
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The hull and decks are built in a carbon fibre and epoxy sandwich under vacuum
• Metallic grey topsides finish - repainted 2018
• Non-slip deck coating - 2018
Keel & Rudder:
• Lead bulb keel externally bolted.
• Balanced rudder
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta 75hp diesel engine
• Saildrive gearbox
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Volvo 4-bladed folding propeller
• Twin wheel steering with carbon steering wheels
• Emergency tiller.
• 24vDC & 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 1x 80Ah 12vDC engine start battery
• 24vDC service batteries joined to supply 600Ah
• 100Ah battery charger
• Engine-mounted alternator
• 2.5kw inverter
• 230v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 60 litre hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• Deck shower
• 60 litre per hour watermaker
• Electric and manual bilge pumps
• Electric shower drain pumps
• 400 litres fuel tank
• 600 litres fresh water tanks
• 150 litres black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x 12” chart plotters
• SCS Mare computer system
• B&G autopilot
• B&G wind, speed, depth and log
• B&G multi display
• 2x Simrad VHF
• Stove with oven
• 2x fridges
• 3x heads and showers
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• 22” LCD TV
• Bose Stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• The layout has been completely transformed to create roomier surroundings than normally found as standard on a craft of this size, thanks to the repositioning of the service areas and dinette:
• the stern cabins have had the bathrooms moved to the far end of the stern and this has made it possible to increase the entrance and living space in the cabins by a good deal, including access to the sides of the beds for their full length and to have much more room to move;
• The location of the bathrooms in the stern has also reduced noise, increased privacy and created a partition area between the cabin and the stern peak, where the machinery, such as the air conditioning and generator, is located, while putting the bathroom at the foot of the bed instead of near the head end as normally occurs;
• The dinette has been raised in the style of the modern “raised saloons” and allows full visibility outside when standing and while sitting, exterior visibility is guaranteed by the glass panels at the sides of the hull. The dinette has also been placed close to the entrance to create a whole interior/exterior out of the living space;
• The galley has been moved fore of the dinette, in a lowered setting to clearly delineate the independent service role of this area while still leaving it in an open space in the saloon. It has been extended over two sides with a central console and is perfectly symmetrical, like the most modern of kitchens, making it practical to use even when the boat is listing on either side.
• The furniture has been built in bleached, oak ply panels and the different units are placed and applied to the composite with “jointed” supports so as to highlight the architectural divide between wood and composite material.
• The sides of the hull alongside the beds and behind the sofas in the dinette are faced in Titantex panels, as are the table and kitchen tops, while the interior upholstery is purple-red.
• Nordic carbon fibre mast with carbon spreaders
• Nordic carbon boom
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Hydraulic backstay
• Bamar elctro-hydraulic vang
• Bamar Magic Trim mainsheet
• Reckman genoa furler
• Harken carbon foil
• Code Zero furler
• Harken & Bamar deck gear
• Harken custom electric winch package
• Doyle regatta mainsail
• Doyle cruising mainsail
• Doyle light/medium jib
• Doyle heavy furling jib
• Doyle genneker
• Doyle Code 2 genneker
• Doyle Code Zero
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Cockpit table
• Carbon pasarelle
• Swimming ladder
• Dinghy with outboard motor
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood and bimini
• Cockpit cushions
• Fire extinguishers
Lying Catania - Sicily
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.