1990 Outremer 50 STD – NOW SOLD
Grabau International is delighted to announce their successful sale of the 1990 Outremer 50 STD ‘BAGHEERA’.
Standard version Outremer 50 with broader beam and a huge blue water specification. Comprehensively refitted in recent seasons.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Cult blue water cruising catamaran from Atelier Outremer to designs by Gerard Danson. STD version with extended beam over the more common ‘Light version’. Offering a much larger saloon and better internal standing height.
Fitted out for serious blue water adventures, BAGHEERA’s owner has crossed the Atlantic single-handed and is now looking to return to Europe where BAGHEERA will be offered for sale.
• Complete refit in 2009-2010 with every component checked and a full internal overhaul with new cabinetry, doors and teak flooring.
• Engine removed and completely overhauled
• Rigged unstepped in 2010 with replacement standing rigging, new wiring etc
• New Spectra running rigging
• Goiot hatches overhauled with new glass and seals
• All external teak overhauled – 2010
• New galley arrangement with Smev oven to run on propane and butane – 2010
• Electrical system overhauled 2010-2011 with all new cabling and connections
• Plumbing system overhauked 2010-2011 with all new hoses, taps and fittings
• Anchoring systems revised 2011 with new chain guide, chain peak and windlass
• Replacment trampoline from manufacturer – 2010
• Stainless steel bimini arrangement installed 2011
• Rudders with stainless steel stocks replaced 2011 (with removal of skegs to improve performance)
• Stainless steel helm wheels replaced 2010
• All internal and external cushions and mattresses replaced 2010-2011
• Replacement primary sails – 2015
• Replacement stackpack – 2015
In her current ownership BAGHEERA’s owner has cruised her extensively including:-
• 2009 – Purchased by current owner in Amerstdam and sailing to Fano, Italy
• 2010 – Cruised from Fano to Santorini and back
• 2011 – Cruised around Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Southern Italy, Balearics, South of Spain.
• 2012 – Southern Med from Spain to Italy and back
• 2013 – Singlehanded Atlantic crossing from Spain to Saint Lucia via Canarys and Cape Verdes
• 2014 – Saint Lucia to Martinique and back before heading South to Trinidad for the hurricane season
• 2015/16 – Trinidad to Saint Martin and back for hurricane season
We wish her new owners fair winds and following seas
For those that missed out, Grabau International have a number of alternative options to consider including:-
Lagoon 52 Flybridge ‘LEA’ – full details here
Mattia 52 ‘AMETISTA’ – full details here
Lagoon 420 ‘TROPICANA’ – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high quality cruising yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.