New Listing – 2002 Oyster 62
Grabau International is delighted to announce the listing of the 2002 Oyster 62 ‘IXION’ .
Offered for sale in association with John Rodriguez Yachts, this stunning, extensively refitted and beautifully maintained 2002 Rob Humphreys designed Oyster 62 is extremely well priced, fully VAT paid and perfectly located for a quick and simple sale.
The Oyster 62 is without doubt one of the finest cruising yachts ever designed. Elegant, fast, responsive and comfortable she has all the attributes desired by the discerning cruising yachtsman.
Easily capable of 200 miles a day in supreme comfort, the Oyster 62 also has a competitive pedigree to match her beautifully drawn lines, with many successes in ocean races and regattas. For example, an Oyster 62 won her class in the ARC and was first to finish in all cruising classes with 178 yachts trailing in her wake. She averaged 10 knots over 1900 miles and then subsequently won all five races in Cruising Class 1 at Antigua race week.
Whilst undoubtedly fast, this Humphreys designed yacht is also easy to sail and can claim to have one of the safest and most family friendly cockpits in her class. Oyster 62’s have safely circumnavigated with young families on board and have even sailed to the Arctic reaching 80 degrees north.
With the 62 offering the perfect package of speed, elegance, luxury and easy safe comfortable cruising, we are delighted to offer IXION.
Owned by a knowledgeable and meticulous yachtsman, IXION has been professionally maintained and has had attention and care of the highest order lavished upon her. She has nine berths in five cabins excluding the saloon and benefits from two extensive re-fits (2010 and 2011) under the watchful and expert eyes of SYS and the Rigshop at Saxon Wharf Southampton, including a full mast down rig check, mast painting and all required upgrades.
Now based in the western Mediterranean, she is in fine condition and this beautifully performing yacht (which won the Antigua Concours D’elegance) has had other recent additions including a completely new entertainment system, new electronics and a new 17.5 kw Onan Genset system. She is an ideal choice for those looking for a well maintained and incredibly capable cruising yacht.
Specification highlights include:-
• 9 berths in 5 cabins with three heads Interior joinery finished in Teak with Oyster ‘Millennium’ styling
• Cutter rigged sloop
• Electric in mast furling new 2015
• Hood DC Pentex sails
• High performance bulb keel and skeg hung rudder (new rudder bearings 2011)
• Chart table display layout upgraded in 2010
• All entertainment screens (except forward port cabin) replaced 2010
• Raymarine colour GPS chart plotters fitted internally and externally in 2010
• Raymarine 26” high definition radar scanner and AIS new 2010
• Icom M710 SSB
• Skanti Eurocom Irridium system sat phone Interfaced to computer and fax Dell Latitude laptop integrated into the chart table top new 2014
• 220V Cruisair reverse cycle Air Conditioning system, fully serviced 2010
• Seafresh 208A 220V watermaker giving 200 litres (44 imp/33 gallons) per hour upgraded 2010
• State of the art Calorifior/ hot water system
• Onan 17.5 kw generator new 2010
• Sleipner 15HP tunnel bowthruster new 2006
• Perkins/Sabre M225Ti engine of 165.5kW (225HP)
• MaxProp feathering prop new 2016
• Simpson electric davits SWL 300kg new 2010
• Carbon-fibre Passerelle new 2008
• Ribeye 400 TA (4 metre) tender with aluminium deck and 40hp Honda, new 2016
• Refrigerated cockpit table (2011)
• Extensive and comprehensive re-fit at SYS 2011
• All exterior gelcoat refurbished by Shinemar Palma 2016
• Extensive assorted Oyster spares and manuals. All updated and replenished 2016
• Complete below water hull blast, epoxy and antifoul 2016
• New Lewmar anchor motor 2016
• New 100m of 10mm anchor chain 2016
• Engine compression test and associated works 2016
• New Spray Hood 2016 (Dolphin Sails)
Oyster 62 – Ixion – £595,000 VAT paid – full details here
Do you have a yacht like this to sell? Grabau International are always looking for new high-quality yacht listings both in the UK and internationally. For further information about our tailored brokerage services, please look here or feel free to contact us.