1983 BALTIC 42 DP
€110,000 tax paid
Comprehensively refitted iconic Baltic 42DP
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic 42 DP|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Perkins 4108 45hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||400l|
DescriptionComprehensively refitted and updated iconic Doug Peterson designed Baltic Yachts 42HP from 1983. A truly usable classic ocean cruiser racer. Replacement teak deck and, rigging, sails, electronics, hull epoxy and so on…
SELENE III is an extensively refitted example of the iconic Doug Peterson designed aft-cockpit performance cruising Baltic Yachts 42DP. Viewed by many as the most recognisable Baltic Yacht design and just the right size for easy cruising or racing, SELENE III is arguably one of the finest and most up-together examples out there. Her recent refit history includes:
• Replacement teak decks which has subsequently been re-treated
• Hull epoxy system
• Engine overhauled
• Upgraded electronics
• Upgraded deck gear and sail-handling systems
• Replacement standing rigging
• Upgraded sail wardrobe
• Upgraded domestic equipment
• Interior revarnishing
• Replacement batteries and refitted electrical systems
• Replacement water tanks (increased capacity)
• Fitment of holding tank
PLEASE NOTE:- SELENE III is available to view immediately although delivery will be towards the end of the 2018 sailing season.
This cruiser/racer with an IOR hull and powerful rig was designed for speed and safety.
A simple, but yet well-equipped teak deck offered effortless sail handling and hours of comfortable relaxation. The right-angled bulkheads optimally used every millimetre of space, along with soft vinyl head linings and deep cushioning, giving this yacht a fine atmosphere of Scandinavian elegance.
With its outstanding sailing performance, low rating and spacious luxury accommodation, the Baltic 42DP earned the designation, the ultimate IOR cruiser racer. The Baltic 42DP was our first cooperation with Douglas Peterson for serial production design.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom-made luxury yachts for sale. Baltic Yachts is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom-built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Conformity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
• The hull is made in GRP sandwich construction using balsa core, GRP mat, roving and extensive unidirectional rovings to develop a stiff and light hull without sacrifice to strength.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with unidirectional roving reinforcement in the direction of the stress.
• Structural bulkheads are of marine grade waterproof plywood.
• Longitudinal stringers are built up of GRP, unidirectional roving around a high-density core.
• Hull epoxy treated – 2010
• Osmosis protection renewed - 2018
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The deck is made in GRP balsa core sandwich using unidirectional roving in high stress areas.
• The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through-bolted.
• The mountings for the deck fittings and winches have been extra reinforced.
• Hand laid teak deck, cockpit seating and cockpit sole – replaced 2006 to Baltic design with no screws and re-treated - 2018
Keel & Rudder:
• External fin keel, casted to high accuracy in lead with added antimony.
• The keel is through-bolted to the hull with cast-in stainless steel keel bolts.
• The cantilevered spade rudder is made of foam-filled GRP with integral stainless steel reinforcement.
• The rudder stock passes through bronze bearing/stuffing box, strongly bonded to hull and deck.
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins 4108 4-cylinder 45hp diesel engine
• Engine comprehensively serviced – 2006 and again - 2018
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Morse single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-bladed Gori folding propeller
• Wheel steering with hide-covered stainless steel wheel
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
• 1x 12vDC AGM engine start bettery – 2010
• 4x 12vDC 110Ah Lifeline AGM service batteries joined in parallel to supply 440Ah @ 12vDC - 2010
• Victron Pallas 12/25 25Amp automatic battery charger
• Engine-mounted alternator
• 220vAC shorepower system
• Mast rewired 2006
• AC & DC panels replaced
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• 180 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tank
• Analogue fuel tank gauge
• 400 litres water capacity in 240 litre and 2x 80 litres stainless steel tanks – replaced 2006
• Analogue fuel tank gauge
• 80 litre black water holding tank - 2006
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hydra 2000 autopilot with remote vision controller – 2008
• 2x B&G Hydra 2000 multi display instruments – 2006
• B&G Hydra analogue wind direction and wind speed displays
• Raytheon radar scanner with CRT display at chart table
• Furuno GPS receiver and display
• Steering compass
• Icom VHF - 2010
• Icom SSB – 2010
• Iridium satellite phone system
• 3-burner gimballed gas stove with oven – 2006
• 12vDC top-loading refrigerator – 2008
• Twin stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised water supply and manual fresh and salt water pumps
• 2x Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• 12vDC grey water pumpout
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher 4-outlet diesel-fired hot air cabin heating - 2008
• LCD TV
• Panasonic CD/radio stereo with speakers
• FM/TV/VHF antenna at masthead - 2006
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths in forward cabin, saloon and owner’s cabin aft. Two heads.
• All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
• Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
• Teak gratings in head
• Beige upholstery
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
• Access to bilge at appropriate points
• Soft lining panels to deck head
Accommodation Layout From Forward:
• Forepeak Cabin – V-berth with storage space beneath berths for sails, rigging equipment etc. Infill to create double berth. Hanging locker. Shelving around berth to both sides.
• Forward heads - Moulded basin. Counter unit and storage. Pressurised H&C water. Marine WC. Mirror.
• Main saloon with a U-shaped settee and drop leaf table to starboard, straight settee to port, storage behind backrests, pilot berth on one side, cabinets outboard above settee on the other side
• Navigation Station – aft of saloon to port. Large Nav table with stowage. Master electrical panel. Navigators seat
• Galley – aft of saloon to starboard. Stowage in lockers, drawers and racks. Work top with deep fiddles. Drying locker for dishes
• Owners cabin- Queen size centreline island berth with split bunks. Storage space under berth. Hanging lockers to port and starboard. Settees to port and starboard. Bookshelf and small lockers. Vanity with mirror forward
• Aft Heads- Accessed from aft cabin or saloon. Moulded Basin. Counter unit and lockers. Pressurised Hot & Cold water. Marine WC. Mirror
• Black anodised aluminium mast and boom
• Keel-stepped mast with 2-sets of inline spreaders and masthead rigged
• Navtec Rod rigging – standing rigging replaced 2006
• Babystay with adjustable track on foredeck
• Reckman manual genoa furler
• Kevlar braid halyards and genoa furling line
• Fredericksen Racing deck gear – fitted 2006
• Hydraulic backstay adjuster
• Rod vang
• 2x black anodised spinnaker poles – deck mounted
• Jockey pole – deck mounted
• Spinnaker track on mast
• Towable genoa cars
• Mainsheet track between cockpits with twin line system and adjustable track
• 2x Lewmar 65 3-speed genoa sheet winches
• 2x Lewmar 58ST 2-speed self-tailing winches – 2008
• 2x Lewmar 44 3-speed winches
• 7x Lewmar 40ST 2-speed self-tailing winches
• Pentex Radial fully-battened mainsail – 2014
• Pentex Radial furling No.1 genoa – 2014
• Mylas furling No.1 genoa – 2014
• Pentex Radial furling No.2 genoa – 2006
• Dacron No.3 jib – 2006
• Dacron No.4 (storm) jib – 2006
• Nylon 0.5oz Gennaker – 2001
• Nylon 0.9oz symmetric spinnaker
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Cockpit table
• Stainless steel radar antenna pole at stern
• Tender with 3.3hp Evinrude outboard
• Outboar bracket
• Stainles steel bathing ladder
Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood over main companionway and aft cockpit entrances
• Tent for aft cockpit and midships
• Cockpit cushions
• Stackpack system for mainsail with lazyjacks
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor windlass
• Anchor with 65m chain - 2017
• Anchor chain
• Fenders & warps
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Zodiac liferaft – next service due June 2018
• Fire extinguishers
Viewing arrangementsLying Castellon, Nr Valenica, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: James McNeil – Grabau International (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)7979 907210
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.