1993 BALTIC 43
€140,000 tax paid
Very smart Baltic 43 with recent new teak decks
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||La Maddalena, Italy|
|Engine||Volvo Penta 50hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||410l|
The Baltic 43 was the second serial production model where Baltic co-operated with Judel/Vrolik as Naval Architects. Judel/Vrolik had at this time been successful on the racing scene with similar yachts including Admirals Cup contenders like 'Container'.
The Baltic 43 was developed using experience from these successful racing projects combined with Baltic Yachts known capability in building light constructions. Detailed weight studies were carried out in order to establish a light but still realistic and achievable displacement.
The styling, deck and interior layout was done by our own designers. the interior incorporated the already well known Baltic Yacht double centre berth owners cabin. the Baltic 43 also allowed more flexibility in layouts giving clients greater opportunity to customize their yachts.
BLUEWITCH is a very late smart 1993 example with the benefit of recent replacement teak decks. Her interior layout features two doubles, a twin bunk cabin and two heads.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull - GRP sandwich construction to the highest specification to provide an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All high stress areas are especially strengthened and reinforced to accommodate localised loadings.
• White topsides finish
• Deck - Hand laid up moulded fibreglass with core stiffening, insulation and reinforcement incorporated in the way of deck fittings and winches.
• Deck is bonded to the hull and through.
• Teak laid decking to the side decks, cockpit seating and cockpit sole. – replaced 2013
Keel & Rudder:
• Deep keel bilge, Limber holes to allow drainage of bilge to sump.
• Lead antimony Fin keel
• Stainless steel keel bolts to an internal fabrication within the hull
• Cantilevered semi elliptical balanced spade rudder with high strength, sweater resistant Aluminium rudder stock and blade within internal skeleton..
• Roller bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo 50hp diesel engine
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
• Approx 1,400hrs on engine
Propulsion & Steering:
• MaxProp 3-bladed propeller
• Wheel steering
• Emergency tiller
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
• 1x 120Ah 12vDC engine start battery
• 4x 120Ah 12vDC service batteries
• Battery charger
• 2x 12vDC engine-mounted alternators
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• 280 litre fuel capacity
• 410 litres water capacity in two tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine ST60 instruments on deck – 2010
• Raymarine/Autohelm wind, speed, depth and log
• Autohelm autopilot
• Sailor VHF
• Alpes gas stove with oven
• Frigomar 12vDC refrigerator
• 2x heads and showers
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Diesel fired hot air cabin heating
• Stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths in forward cabin, bunk side cabin, saloon and owner’s cabin aft. Two heads.
• Forepeak Cabin – Offset double berth with infill to create larger double. Storage space beneath berths for sails, rigging equipment etc. Seat, hanging locker and storage space to port
• Mid Cabin- Twin bunks to starboard, both fitted with lee cloths. Hanging locker to port. Access to day heads to port
• Forward 'day' heads - Moulded basin. Counter unit and storage. Pressurised H&C water. Marine WC. Mirror
• Main saloon - Dining area to port with dining table and U shaped wrap around settee. Settee converts to double berth. Book shelves and lockers outboard
• Navigation Station - opposite saloon to starboard. Large Nav table with stowage. Overhead, lockable chart table. Master electrical panel. Navigators seat
• Galley - Linear galley on starboard side aft of chart table. Sinks opposite main galley top inboard beneath cockpit. Stowage in lockers, drawers andracks. Work top with deep fiddles. Drying locker for dishes
• Owners cabin- King size centreline island berth with split bunks. Storage space under berth. Hanging lockers to port and starboard. Settees to port and starboard. Bookshelf and small lockers. Vanity with mirror forward
• Ensuite Heads- Moulded Basin. Counter unit and lockers. Pressurised Hot & Cold water. Marine WC. Mirror
• All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
• Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
• Cloth upholstery through out
• Teak gratings in head
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
• Access to bilge at appropriate points
• Soft lining panels to deck head
• 3 spreader masthead rig
• Keel-stepped mast
• Rod rigging
• Genoa furler
• Navtec hydraulic adjustment for backstay and vang with control panel
• Spectra halyards
• Complete equipment for staysail
• 10x self-tailing 2-speed winches
• Fully-battened Kevlar mainsail – 2010
• Mylar 100% genoa
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Bathing platform ladder
• Yamaha 3hp outboard
• MOB recovery
• 8x lifejackets
• 3x fire extinguishers
Covers & Canvas:
• Mainsail cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans Airon 1,000w electric anchor windlass
• CQR anchor with 50 chain
• Fenders & warps
Viewing arrangementsLying La Maddalena – Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.