2006 BALTIC 56
€585,000 tax paid
Hull No.3 of the semi-custom Baltic 56 line
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH3 THE 98hp|
|Hull Construction||Carbon epoxy sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||800l|
DescriptionHull number 3 of the Judel Vrolijk Baltic 56 semi-custom performance blue water cruisers. Twin cockpit cruising layout for comfortable and safe cruising combined with a fantastic 3-cabin layout.
LORETTA (former LURIGNA) is hull number 3 of 6 Baltic 56’s built by the legendary Finnish company as a semi-custom project to Judel / Vrolijk & Co designs and using the very finest carbon construction techniques. Commissioned for her current owner, she was conceived specifically for fast and safe offshore sailing, hence her extremely practical interior, and twin-cockpit, twin-companionway exterior configurations.
Her powerful sloop rig is very easily handled by a short-handed crew thanks to numerous powered winches and the ability to set the German mainsheet system on both dedicated 3-speed electric winches simultaneously to both allow fast and slow sheeting at the push of a button. This logical simplicity extends to the electric main halyard winch and removable genoa furling drum which allows easy and fast conversion from racing to full cruising modes.
Under sail, LORETTA is light, easily handled and very VERY fast. Without resorting to the need for canting keels, twin rudders or ultra-wide transoms, LORETTA’s owner has seen boat speeds in excess of 22knots during offshore passages. LORETTA also comes complete with sail wardrobe from North Sails complete with both racing and cruising foresails both 3DL and 3DI materials, along with various spinnaker options.
Below decks, her layout is one of the very best we have seen with a hugely practical owner’s cabin with offset double usable at sea postioned just aft of a large ensuite heads and internally accessible sail locker, a large saloon area with clever central bench backrest, a secure and generous L-shaped galley, a fantastic heated, drained and vented hanging locker, dedicated shower cabin, centrally-positioned chart table allowing clear vision of the large radar chart-plotter display from the cockpit, day heads and two aft cabins, the starboard of which can be quickly and easily converted from twin to double cabin. Aft of this is a large tender garage with ample stowage for her Zodiac tender and other cruising equipment.
Much loved, much-polished and continually maintained, LORETTA is now offered for saleby her second owner who just add 200 hours to the engine in the last two years. Perfectly suited to the keen offshore sailor who seeks fast passages or competitive racing, yet is also well-laid out for the family yachtsman with safe interior and exterior spaces, LORETTA is as close as we have seen to the perfect 56ft ‘all round’ performance cruiser.
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
• Hull is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy infused vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
• Structural bulkheads as well as constructional panels in carbon fibre / epoxy laminates. Prefabricated in a laminating press.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck is built in advanced composite construction using Epoxy vacuum bagged sandwich laminates that are post-cured in order to achieve optimum characteristics and strength.
• Teak deck on side decks, cockpit floors and seats and on the coamings.
Keel & Rudder:
• Fin keel with stainless steel fin and lead bulb
• Cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder
• Rudder bearings replaced 2010
Engine & gearbox:
• YANMAR 4JH3-THE 100hp 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine
• MHH 4-A gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling
• Morse single lever control
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system exiting beneath the waterline
• Engine room blower
• Engine room lighting
Maintenance & performance:
• Engine hours: approx. 2,200 as of October 2019
• Engine serviced annually
• Cruising speed: approx. 7.5 knots @ 2,000rpm
• Fuel consumption at cruising speed: approx. 5 litres per hour
Propulsion & Steering:
• Brunton Varifold propeller – 2013
• Twin JP3 composite helm pedestals with hide covered titanium helm wheels
• Spectra steering cables replaced – 2014
• Max Power Bowthruster - 2018
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
• 12vDC start battery – approx. 108Ah
• 24vDC service batteries –Mastervolt 200Ah Gel – approx. 650Ah – 2016
• 12vDC Optima Red Top 50Ah generator start battery
• Mastervolt Mass 24/100 100A battery charger.
• Mastervolt Mass Sine 24/5000 5kw Inverter – 2014
• Fischer Panda DC4000 4kw 24vDC generator – overhauled
• HMI water-cooled exhaust system with exit beneath waterline
• Generator hours approx. 200 as of May 2016 (before overhauled)
• Generator serviced annually
• Generator located in easily accessible dedicated secondary machinery space with 24v blower and light
• 12v engine mounted alternator for charging start battery
• Leece Neville 175Amp 24v high output secondary alternator for charging service batteries
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided.
• Hubbell 50Amp 250v/125v shore power connection
• 24vDC socket in cockpit for tender inflation
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Quick 50 litre stainless steel water heater. Heated by engine cooling water or by 1.2kw immersion heater element from AC system.
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. Freshwater pump replaced 2013
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• Deck shower outlet warm & cold.
• Saltwater deck wash pump
• Spectra Newport 400 watermaker.
• Watermaker hours approx. 250 as of October 2019
• Watermaker serviced annually (currently serviced and winterised)
• Watermaker located in dedicated machinery space with generator
• 3x high capacity Jabsco Par electric bilge pumps with manual overrides at chart table servicing main bilge, forward sail locker bilge and aft lazarette bilge
• 2x manual bilge pumps – one in cockpit and one in saloon
• 565 litre fuel capacity in 315 & 250 litre tanks
• 800 litres water capacity
• Blackwater holding tank with Tankwatch 4 monitoring system and pump out via deck or to sea
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• All navigation instrumentation by Raymarine and fitted 2014 – chart updated 2018
• Autopilot with course computer and control head
• Second keypad for autopilot on starboard helm pedestal
• Hybrid Touch Wi-Fi large screen radar & chart plotter display
• Wind, speed, depth & log transducers
• Closed array digital scanner mounted on mast
• 3x Raystar GPS receivers
• i70 multi repeater in cockpit
• i50 analogue wind display in cockpit
• 4x mast-mounted multi-display units
• i70 multi-repeater in owner’s cabin
• Twin Suunto steering compasses
• Raymarine VHF with DSC and speaker at chart table - 2014
• Inox stainless steel 4-burner gas stove with oven and grill.
• LG microwave oven
• Isotherm ASU refrigeration system with twin top-opening stainless steel lined fridges and freezers
• Blanco stainless steel sink and drainer
• 2x Tecma electric heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher D-5 diesel-fired hot air cabin heating with outlets throughout yacht including heads and wet lockers
• Sony CD/radio stereo system with Bluetooth and speakers in saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
• 6 berths in three cabins plus 2 further occasional berths in saloon.
• 2 heads and a further dedicated shower compartment.
• Forepeak sail locker accessible from deck or through forward heads
• Owner’s ensuite heads with shower and teak shower seat.
• Owner’s cabin with double berth offset to port and stowage to starboard.
• Saloon with L-shaped settee to port, central bench seat (with moveable back rest to allow seating inboard or outboard and further full-length settee to starboard
• Companionway steps to guest cockpit
• L-shaped galley aft to port
• Bar and desk area to starboard with large drained, heated and vented wet locker aft
• Dedicated shower aft to staboard.
• Forward facing chart table positioned centrally at base of companionway allowing clear vision of radar/plotter screen from helm
• Heads aft to port.
• Twin bunk cabins aft with upper and lower berths. Upper berths can be removed and placed at lower level to convert lower bunk to double.
• Tender garage at stern with access via stern ladder or lazarette lockers
• Advanced lightweight construction techniques used in construction of the interior.
• Structural bulkheads as well as constructional panels in carbon fibre / epoxy laminates.
• Prefabricated in a laminated press.
• Visible surfaces are teak faced.
• Teak and holly soleboards
• White headlinings
• Cream leather upholstery
• Blue cloth upholstery in accommodation cabins
• White cloth curtains
• LED internal lighting – 2014
• Teak deck-mounted grabrails
• Lee-cloths in owner’s cabin
• Skyscreens for opening deckhead hatches
• Hall Spars white painted carbon fibre mast and boom.
• Three sets of swept-back spreaders
• Mast steps at base of mast
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging (2006) – Rods ultra-sound tested 2010 with replacement rods fitted where required
• Dyneema halyards replaced 2014
• Outboard chainplates with non-overlapping headsails
• White carbon spinnaker pole and jockey pole deck-stowed
• Spinnaker track on mast
• Reckman manual genoa furler with removable drum for racing and carbon fibre twin luff foil
• Navtec hydraulic vang, outhaul and backstay adjustment
• German mainsheet system with adjustable mainsheet track between cockpits
• Ronstan deck gear with towable genoa cars and turning blocks
• Antal mainsail track with ball-bearing low friction batten-cars
• 2:1 main halyard system
• Spinlock jammers
• Removable inner forestay for staysail with tensioner
• All control lines led aft to forward and aft cockpits
• Lewmar Ocean self-tailing winch package – fully serviced 2015
• 2x 77ST 3-speed manual genoa winches in forward cockpit
• 2x 66ST 3-speed electric mainsheet winches in aft cockpit
• 2x 58ST 2-speed electric spinnaker/checkstay winches in aft cockpit
• 2x 40ST 2-speed manual mainsheet track winches in aft cockpit
• 1x 50ST 2-speed electric main halyard winch in forward cockpit
• 1x 50ST 2-speed manual secondary halyard winch in forward cockpit
• North Sails 3DL carbon/Kevlar fully-battened mainsail – 2013
• North Sails 3DI light racing genoa with battens – 2013
• North Sails 3DI medium/heavy racing genoa with battens 2013
• North Sails 3DI heavy racing jib with battens – 2013
• North Sails 3DL furling cruising genoa – 2014
• One Sails monolithic carbon staysail – 2016
• Storm trisail – 2006
• North Sails symmetrical spinnaker – 2006
• 2x North Sails gennakers – 2013
• North Sails asymmetrical spinnakers - 2006
• Pulpit and pushpit made of Stainless Steel tubes are mounted on the bow and transom.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
• Double lifelines are installed passing through S.S. stanchions.
• Removable cockpit table for central guest cockpit
• Raised teak bulwark
• Removable dorades with stainless steel flush-fitting caps
• Flush-fit deckhead hatches
• Manually-activated tender garage door
• Light in tender garage
• Bathing ladders
• 2x gas bottles in vented locker
• Carbon folding passarelle - 2014
Covers & Canvas:
• Stainless steel framed canvas sprayhoods for both cockpits
• Stainless steel framed canvas bimini
• Boom-mounted sun awning covering cockpit
• Mainsail cover
• Helm wheel covers
• Halyard bags
• Cockpit cushions (to fit either cockpit)
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Retractable anchor arm
• Lewmar 24vDC 2kw reversing electric anchor windlass
• 27kgs CQR anchor with 70m of stainless steel chain
• Flush-mounted retractable electric reversing mooring winch
• Stainless steel fairleads
• Pop-up mooring cleats
• Various warps and fenders
Tender & Outboard:
• 2.80 Zodiac inflatable tender with 24v inflatator
• Honda 5hp outboard with teak outboard bracket on pushpit
• Electric outboard with charger
• 2x 6-man valise liferafts in dedicated aft cockpit lockers – last serviced October 2013
• Jonbuoy MOB recovery device
• Force MOB rescue system
• 406Mhz EPIRB – 2014
• Lupolights LED navigation lights throughout
• FG-50m automatic fire extinguishers in both machinery spaces
• Manual fire extinguishers through cabin spaces
• Fire blanket
• Gas detector
Viewing arrangementsLying Tuscany, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.