1990 BALTIC 64 CENTREBOARD
€490,000 tax paid
Rare centreboard version of the S&S Baltic 64
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic 64 Centreboard|
|Designer||Sparkman & Stephens|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Perkjins M135 125hp|
|Drinking Water Capacity||960l|
The Baltic 64 TANASSA is a blue water cruiser throughout designed by Sparkman & Stephens with eye-catching, classic lines, fully equipped to go anywhere even with small crew.
Under the name of “Erica X“ the boat was built in 1990 at Baltic Yachts, Finland for the well-known Swedish yachtsman Bertil Hult. He ordered a lot of special requirements including all up to date techniques of that time. Since 1996 the boat is owned by the seller, who has used her only for cruising purpose.
The Yacht offers two cockpits with two companionways, all furling controllers, outhauls and sheets are concentrated to the aft cockpit. The rig is a Reckmann furling mast with hydraulic Reckmann genoa and staysail furlers. She is a equipped with the very rare bronze centreboard keel which allows to reduce the draft hydraulically from 4,20 m to 1,80 m.
Below deck TANASSA offers a spacious owners cabin aft with separate companionway, a skipper/navigation room, huge salon with dining area and coffee table. In the bow section are two guest cabins with ensuite heads and a sail locker.
TANASSA is fully equipped and well-maintained. Her highlights include:-
• Centerboard (1,80 m – 4,20 m draft)
• Reckmann furling mast with hydraulic genoa furlers
• 5x Lewmar electric winches for sheets
• Engine Perkins M135, 125 hp overhauled in 2015 / about 200 hours since then
• New Teak Deck 2009
• Mast service 2008/9, New standing Rigging (Rod), Reckmann
• New Air Condition Condaria in 2010
• Hull painted AWL-Grip white 2009
• 110V & 220V AC system
• New Simrad/ B&G Navigation Electronics in 2015
• German Flag / German Registry
• EU VAT paid
Sparkman & Stephens were naval Architects on a Custom 83 footer that we had delivered in 1987. When we started to plan a 64 feet serial model we chose Sparkman & Stephens as designer because they possessed both experience and proven ability in designing big sailing yachts. Our goal was to create a high quality and a high performance yacht that could be used successfully for racing as well as fast, comfortable cruising. Baltic 64 had a moderate IOR hull shape, since she could then also be raced very successfully in the IMS division.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
• Balsa core fibreglass sandwich construction to the highest specifications using fibreglass mat, uni-directional roving and mat / roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All details as per Baltic yachts specifications of the day including special strengthening in high stress areas, special aircraft grade end grain balsa, high grade epoxy resin etc. Vacuum bag technique utilized to control fibre / resin ration.
• Stainless steel chain-plates, with backing plates and grounded to keel bolt for lightning protection.
• Mast step fabricated in aluminium alloy bolted to reinforced floors and stringers.
• There are limber holes in the floor frames to allow drainage to the sump.
• Hull topsides painted Awlgrip white - 2009
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck is of hand laid up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation. Appropriate reinforcement incorporated in the area of winches and fittings. Deck is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through bolted to the hull. A hybrid epoxy resin was used in the lamination process.
• Teak laid deck – refitted 2009
Keel & Rudder:
• Lead ballast keel with bronze cast centreboard, hydraulically controlled
• Cantilivered balanced spade rudder is moulded from fibreglass and filed with a PVC foam.
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins M135 125hp naturally aspirated diesel engine
• Twin-disc transmission
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
• Engine overhauled 2015 with approx. 200hrs run since.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Richfield 25hp hydraulic bowthruster
• Gori three-bladed feathering propeller
• The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329 The outboard end is supported with a stainless steel IOR-type shaft strut including rubber bearings. The stuffing box has a hose connection to the stern tube. Zinc anodes and a mechanical propellerstop are installed on the shaft.
• The steering is provided by a light weight "destroyer type" wheel. The wheel is leather covered made of stainless steel, welded and highly polished.
• Baltic Yachts custom made pedestal.
• One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC & 110vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
• Varta 24vDC 120Ah engine start battery
• Varta 12vDC 90Ah generator start battery
• 12x Varta 24vDC 90Ah service batteries
• Battery charger
• Westerbeke 15kw generator
• Inverter to supply 110v from batteries
• 36A 24v engine-mounted alternator for start battery
• 175A 24v secondary alternator for service battery bank
• 35A 12v generator alternator
• Transformer for converting 220v to 110v – presently out of commission
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
• 220v Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater provided. Heater capacity is approx. 60 l. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads, galley and bathing platform. Pump with automatic pressure switch.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• Foot-operated fresh water pump in galley, foot-operated freshwater pump in heads.
• Saltwater anchor wash
• Sea Recovery 91lph watermaker – requires service with new membranes
• Par automatic electric bilge pump for main bilge
• Flojet automatic electric bilge pump for engine sump
• 2x manual bilge pumps
• All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
• All tanks are pressure tested.
• The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
• 1,200 litres fuel capacity in 4x tanks
• Racor inline fuel filters
• 960 litres water capacity in 4x tanks
• 200 litres holding tank capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G 690 instrumentation
• Super Halycon3 Fluxgate compass
• SIMRAD 3G Radar -2015
• AIS - 2015
• 5x FFD (full function display)
• 4x 20/20 repeaters
• 3x 360° analog wind angle
• 2x analogue boat speed displays
• Lewmar autopilot station (including second station)
• Simrad NSS12chart plotter - 2015
• Simrad NSS7 chart plotter - 2015
• Furuno 208 weather fax
• Analog compass
• Brass clock, barometer, thermometer, hygrometer
• 2x Shipmate 8100 VHF
• Skanti 8252 SSB radio transceiver 250W
• Satellite telephone - 2008
• 2x Icom IC-5 VHF
• Cellular telephone antenna in masthead
• Iceberg 240 litre deep freezer engine drive or 220V compressor
• Iceberg 240 litre refrigerator engine drive or 220V compressor
• Four burner gas stove with oven and electric broiler
• Bosc washing machine - 2014
• 4x heads and showers
• 2x Raritan electric heads and 2x Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Condaria 12002 reverse cycle air-conditioning with outlets in all cabins - 2010
• Eberspacher D12L diesel fired hot air cabin heating – presently decommissioned
• 24vDC extraction fans in galley, mater cabin and all heads
• Dorade vents for all cabins
• Pioneer CD/Radios in all cabins with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• The Baltic 64 sleeps 8 persons in 4 separate cabins with 8 bunks, 4 heads and 4 showers.
Accommodation from Forward:
• Sail locker
Starboard guest cabin:
• Upper and lower berth, storage under lower berth.
• Hanging locker and two smaller lockers.
• Wine cellars under floorboards.
• Head with shower and three lockers.
Port guest cabin:
• Two berth side by side, storage under both.
• Hanging locker and three smaller lockers.
• Head with shower and four lockers.
• Both toilets with black water tanksystem
• Salon table that seats eight on port.
• Coffee table with seating for three on starboard.
• Bar with custom storage for bottles, glasses, wine coolers, etc.
• Wine drawer, 18 bottles wine and 9 bottles champagne.
• Four storage bins under seats, four lockers and two bookshelves.
• Companionway to centre cockpit.
• Nav station with all instruments and switch panels.
• Two berth, one fix and one convertible (retractable chart table)
• Hanging locker and two smaller lockers.
• Head with shower and four lockers.
• Black water tank system
• Ample counter space with CORIAN counter tops.
• Fridge and freezers
• Waste bin 50 litre
• Double sink
• Gas stove
• Washing machine
• Custom storage for plates, towels, silverware, pots and pans etc.
• Ample storage for provisions
• Queen size berth
• Two hanging lockers, several smaller lockers and a safe
• Companionway to aft cockpit
• Head with separate shower and four lockers
• Black water tank system
• Extra care was taken in choosing the lightest possible teak. Perfect joinery, dull finished varnish.
• 13 hatches have clear glass for maximum light. Deck prisms in all cabins.
• All hanging lockers have cedar lining against freeboards, all other lockers have either teak lining or custom made bins to keep stored effects away from freeboards.
• Sound insulation under all floorboards (Teak with light veneers)
• Reckmann triple spreader furling mast, white AWL-Grip (Mast service 2008).
Reckmann hydraulic roller furling for mainsail, genoa and staysail
• Reckmann carbon spinnaker pole, stored on mast, one spare on deck
• Jockey pole
• Navtec discontinuous rod rigging with insulated backstay (new in 2009)
• Navtec hydraulic boomvang and backstay tensioner (manual)
• Navtec/Reckmann hydraulic main outhaul
• Spectra lines for all running rigging
• Antal blocks and jammers
• Lewmar servo jaw winches
• 4x L70 SST for halyards
• 1x L550 SST electric for main sheet
• 2x L700 SST electric secondaries
• 2x L900 SST electric primaries
• Hood Vectran 92m2 mainsail – 2008
• Hood Vectran 135% genoa – 2008
• Hood Vectran No.3 110% cruising genoa – 2008
• Hood Vectran staysail – 2008
• Cruising spinnaker with sock
• 0.75oz spinnaker with sock
• 2.2oz spinnaker with sock
• Blister sail
• Storm sail
• Goiot hatches (13x)
• Antenna mast for radar
• S/S tracks for sheet leads
• S/S mooring cleats, four on each side +1 towing cleat on bow
• S/S cleats next to every winch
• S/S stemhead fitting with two anchor rollers
• Pulpit with gates
• Lifeline gates on both sides
• Teak toerails
• Swim ladder on bathing platform
Covers & Canvas:
• Full size dodgers and bimini tops for both cockpits
• Fitted cockpit cushions for both cockpits, centre cockpit with backrests
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans electric anchor windlass - 2008
• Lewmar 36kgs primary anchor with 80m or 10mm chain
• 13kgs Danforth anchor with chain
• Fenders and warps
• Zodiac inflatable rib (rubber bottom) with 15 hp JOHNSON outboard, custom storage
• 2x 5 kg Propane tanks
• 2x teak fender boards with aluminium stripes
• Signal flag kit with custom storage
• Bosuns chair
• Extensive tool kit with custom storage
• Extensive spare parts inventory
• Sail repair kit
• Elkhide on steering wheel and turnbuckles
• Aluminum guards on main shrouds
• 3x snatch blocks, 4x winch handles
• Complete set of drawings and manuals for technique equipment
• Electric anchor
• 10 pax AVON liferaft, hardpack, stored on mast
• Flare kit
• Soft wood plugs
• Hand-operated water maker
• Personal floatation devices
• Man-overboard pole with tube through transom and bouy
• Second strobe light and horseshoe bouy on opposite side
• Two heaving lines
• Stationary compressor driven horn
• Rod rig cutter
• Life lines from bow to stern
• 4x safety harnesses
• Safety antenna
Viewing arrangementsLying Barcelona - Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.