1982 BALTIC YACHTS 38 DP
€79,000 tax paid
Hull No.1 of the iconic Doug Peterson design
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 38 DP|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 3HMF 36|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||260l|
DescriptionHull No.1 of the iconic Doug Peterson designed Baltic 38DP. Fantastic interior layout including aft stateroom and custom saloon with additional pilot berths outboard to give up to 8 berths.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Baltic 38 DP was an iconic design of the IOR era. Designed by the late Doug Peterson and regarded by many as one his finest designs.
BOLERO is the very first of these 38 DP’s and was specified by her first owner regardless of cost. She has been lovingly maintained and updated by her experienced owner.
BOLERO boasts many specification highlights including:
• Rebuilt Yanmar 3HMF 36hp engine
• Replacement teak decks
• Recent sails
• Large diameter steering wheel
• Custom saloon layout with additional pilot berths outboard
• Recent battery charger
• J-prop feathering propeller with propeller shaft refitted in 2017
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
Baltic Yachts is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts. The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
“Bolero is a fast and easy to sail DP design from Baltic. She was built for a Baltic Yachts passionate who ask for a custom build dinette design able to optimize the weight of the boat for a better speed and performance under IOR rating. I owned a Baltic 39 previous of Bolero and I can confirm that this 38 DP is faster even respect to some other bigger design from Baltic. I won the Baltic Cup with Bolero against 50 feets and younger design. Everything on board of Bolero is running in perfect condition. I refitted the deck and I completely rebuilt the original engine instead of change it in order to keep the boat as original as possible and maintained is original allure and value”
• Our understanding is that the vessel is exempt from the European Union’s Recreation Craft Directive as she was first placed into use within the EEU prior to June 1998
• Balsa core fibreglass sandwich using fibreglass mat.
• High stress areas are specially strengthened with unidirectional roving oriented in the direction of the stress.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hand laid-up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation
• Extra reinforcement incorporated in way of winches and fittings
• The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through bolded
• Laid teak deck.
Keel & Rudder:
• Balanced spade rudder moulded from fibreglass and fitted with stainless steel rudder stock
• Fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, through bolded to the hull
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 3HMF freshwater cooled 3 cylinders 36hp – rebuild in 2014
• Hurth V-drive gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 80 hours after rebuild as of December 2017
• Date of last engine service – summer 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• J-prop 3 feathering propeller
• Propeller shaft refitted 2017
• Water lubricated bearing shaft from Radice
• 12vDC primary domestic system and 220v AC via shore power
• 1x 12v 100A engine start battery - 2017
• 3x 12v 100A services batteries- 2017
• Quick SBC 500 NRG 40Amp 12vDC battery charger
• Quick RDS1560 remote panel for battery charger montoring
• 1x 12v 55A engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power
• 3x 220c sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Hot and cold pressure water system with shower - pump replaced 2017.
• Hot water provided from a 25 litres boiler run by 220v immersion heater element or via engine driven calorifier.
• Two manual diaphragm bilge pumps located in cockpit and below decks
• Electric bilge pump West Marine - 2016
• 1x 120 litre stainless steel fuel tank
• Deck mounted filler
• 2x 130 litres stainless steel fuel tanks with 260 litres total capacity
• Deck mounted filler
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Autohelm ST6000 autopilot control
• 2x B&G analogue boat speed (1 starboard, 1 port side)
• 2x B&G analogue wind direction (1 starboard, 1 port side)
• B&G analogue wind speed
• B&G analogue depth metres starboard side
• B&G analogue wind angle
• Richie compass at the helm- restored 2016
• Autopilot Autohelm 7000
At Chart Table:
• Lorenz LCD GPS chart plotter
• B&G Hydra 2000 FFD multi-function display
• Garmin GPS128 GPS displays
• B&G Hydra 2000 main processor unit
• Clock / Barometer / Hydrometer
• Oregon Scientific weather computer
• Sailor VHF
• 3 burners gimballed propane stove with oven
• Large, well insulated, stainless steel ice box
• Formica cover work top
• Stainless steel double sink with pressurised water supply
• Manual fresh and salt water supplies via footpumps
• Pressurised hot & cold water supply with shower
• Foot operated fresh water pump
• Marine Jabsco toilet with overboard discharge
• Kenwood CD player with 6 discs auto charger
• LCD TV
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to eight berths in two cabins plus saloon
• Joinery is teak
• Bulkheads are teak-faced ply.
• Visible teak surfaces are varnished and hand-rubbed to obtain a nice “satin” type surface.
• All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Double berth with sail stowage under and hanging lockers port and starboard.
• Settee to port and starboard with lockers and shelves above. Centre table with folding wings with centre storage. Pilot berths outboard of saloon settees to create additional berths in saloon.
• L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port. Double stainless steel sink.
• Aft of saloon to starboard. Forward facing chart table with seat.
Owner’s aft Cabin Ensuite Heads:
• Double centreline berth, seats to both sides of berth, one hanging locker portside, lockers.
• Marine toilet, fresh water operated pump, mirror. Ensuite heads communicating with main saloon.
• Aluminium mast and boom – Black painted with Awlgrip
• Keel-stepped mast with 2 sets of spreaders and masthead rigged
• Rod vang
• Spinnaker pole track and heel hoist
• Boom with custom made main-sheet retention for gybing
• Harken mainsheet track with traveller adjustment
• Harken towable genoa tracks
• Spinnaker pole
• Stainless steel rod rigging
• Hydraulic backstay
• Reckman manual jib furler
• Babystay with adjuster
• 2x Barient 48.2 self-tailing 2-speed genoa sheet winches
• 2x Barient 48.2 self-tailing 2-speed spinnaker sheet winches
• 2x Barient 23.2 self-tailing 2-speed halyard winches
• 3x Barient 22.2 halyard winches
• Sobstad Genesis mainsail – 2006 (used 4 times)
• Velman carbon genoa – 2017
• Sobstad Genesis light genoa – 2006
• Sobstad Genesis medium genoa – 2006
• Sobstad Genesis heavy genoa – 2006
• North Sails Dacron mainsail – 1990
• Diamond Sails light spinnaqker
• Diamond Sails heavy spinnaker
• Cruising gennaker
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 12vDC anchor windlass with remote control
• Danforth anchor with chain
• Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Main sail lazy bag
• Forward and cockpit cushions
• Steering wheel cover
• Winch covers
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• MOB recovery sling
Viewing arrangementsLying Piombino, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.