1976 BALTIC YACHTS 42 C&C
€79,000 tax paid
Comprehensively refitted classic Baltic Yacht
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 42 C&C|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Perkins 4.108 45hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
DescriptionComprehensively refitted and updated C&C designed Baltic 42. An iconic design, modern for its time, and beautifully classic now. WONDER Y IIs history is known since new and has been lovingly maintained since her launch in 1976.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
WONDER Y II is a wonderful example of the C&C designed Baltic 42. Her history is well known and she has been sailing in the Baltic sea under the Finnish flag since new. She has been well updated and refitted over the years. Her highlights includes:
• Recent full service to all 13 Lewmar winches
• Engine overhauled
• Upgraded electronics- Raymarine, 2009
• All electrical wiring rewired, 2009
• Underwater hull laminated and carbon reinforced by Baltic Yachts 2009
• Upgraded sail wardrobe
• Interior re-varnishing
• Holding tank
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Conformity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
• The hull is made in GRP sandwich construction using balsa core, GRP mat, roving and extensive unidirectional rovings to develop a stiff and light hull without sacrifice to strength.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with unidirectional roving reinforcement in the direction of the stress.
• Structural bulkheads are of marine grade waterproof plywood.
• Longitudinal stringers are built up of GRP, unidirectional roving around a high-density core.
• Underwater hull sections renovated and carbon reinforced, by Baltic Yachts 2009
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The deck is made in GRP balsa core sandwich using unidirectional roving in high stress areas.
• The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through-bolted.
• The mountings for the deck fittings and winches have been extra reinforced.
• Hand laid teak deck in cockpit seating and cockpit sole
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins 4108 4-cylinder 45hp diesel engine
• Engine comprehensively serviced – 2006 and again – 2020
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-bladed folding propeller
• Wheel steering with hide-covered stainless steel wheel
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power- 2020
• 1x 12vDC Exide 125 Ah Service Battery
• 4x 12vDC 125Ah EXIDE service batteries joined in parallel to supply 500 Ah @ 12vDC - 2020
Charging & Inverter:
• C-Tek Battery Charger
• C-Tek Inverter
• Petrol Aggregate for charging
• Engine-mounted alternator
• 220vAC shorepower system – 2020
• 5 x 220vAV sockets new 2020
• All electrical wiring, rewired, Baltic Yachts 2009
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• 186 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tank
• Analogue fuel tank gauge
• 227 litres fresh water capacity
• Analogue fuel tank gauge
• 30 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine C120 chartplotter – 2009
• Raymarine 2kw radar
• Raymarine ST60 wind, log and sonar displays
• Raymarine autopilot + wireless remote control
• Raymarine AIS B
• Steering compass
• Raymarine VHF DSC
• 2-burner gimballed gas stove with oven and grilling function
• Top-loading refrigerator + freezer 120 l, Waeco
• Extra 30 l freezer
• Twin stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised water supply and manual fresh and salt water pumps
• Gas system checked and serviced 2018
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• 12vDC grey water pumpout
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto AirTop 5000 heater - 2015
• LCD TV & DVD player
• Stereo with speakers inside & outside
• FM/TV/VHF antenna at masthead
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in forward cabin, saloon and aft cabin. Two heads.
• All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
• Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
• Teak gratings in head
• Blue upholstery
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
• Access to bilge at appropriate points
• Soft lining panels to deck head
Accommodation Layout From Forward:
• Forepeak Cabin – V-berth with storage space beneath berths for sails, rigging equipment etc. Infill to create double berth. Hanging locker. Shelving around berth to both sides.
• Main saloon with twin settee and drop leaf table to starboard, straight settee to port, storage behind backrests, pilot berth on both sides
• Navigation Station – aft of saloon to port. Large Nav table with stowage. Master electrical panel. Navigators seat
• Galley – aft of saloon to starboard. Stowage in lockers, drawers and racks. Work top with deep fiddles. Drying locker for dishes
• Owners cabin- Split bunks. Storage space under berths. Hanging lockers to port and starboard. Settees center of berths. Bookshelf and small lockers. Vanity with mirror forward
• Aft Heads- Accessed from aft cabin or saloon. Moulded Basin. Counter unit and lockers. Pressurised Hot & Cold water. Marine WC. Mirror
• Black anodised aluminium mast and boom
• Keel-stepped mast with 2-sets of inline spreaders and masthead rigged
• Rod rigging
• Babystay with adjustable track on foredeck
• Manual genoa furler
• All dynema halyards and sheets
• Rod vang
• 2x black anodised spinnaker poles – deck mounted
• Jockey pole – deck mounted
• Spinnaker track on mast
• Towable genoa cars
• Mainsheet track between cockpits with twin line system and adjustable track
• 2x Lewmar 65 3-speed genoa sheet winches
• 2x Lewmar 58ST 2-speed self-tailing winches
• 2x Lewmar 44 3-speed winches
• 7x Lewmar 40ST 2-speed self-tailing winches
• All winches serviced and checked 2018
• Neb Sails Main sail – 2009
• Neb sails furling Genua
• Storm Jib & Trysail
• 6 Spinnakers
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Cockpit table
• Stainless steel bathing ladder
Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood over main companionway and aft cockpit entrances
• Tent for aft cockpit and midships
• Cockpit cushions
• Stackpack system for mainsail with lazyjacks
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Electric anchor windlass
• Anchor chain
• Fenders & warps
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Hanko, Finland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Jonas Renlund – Grabau International (Scandinavia)
Tel: +358 408 098688
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.