2000 BALTIC YACHTS 47
€325,000 tax paid
Over 100 new photos available on request!
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 47|
|Designer||Judel / Vrolijk and R & J Designs|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH2 TE 62hp|
|Hull Construction||GRP / Kevlar|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||350l|
DescriptionHull No.9 the last of the Baltic 47’s. Originally fitted out for effortless short-handed fast blue water cruising, more recently used for occasional club racing and weekending. A true ‘do-it-all’ yacht from the very best in the business.
The very last of the Vroljk and R & J designed Baltic 47’s, CLEMENTINE boasts a modern, practical and easily-managed single-cockpit arrangement with all primary control lines led aft to the companionway. Below decks, she has a similarly modern three-cabin, two heads layout with master cabin forward and two guest cabins aft. Her large saloon area also incorporates a generous forward-facing chart table and a large U-shaped galley. Below the waterline, her 2.45m keel offers a great compromise between performance and cruising practicality.
Originally launched as ‘OCEAN PEARL’ and later named ‘CLAJASAN’, CLEMENTINE has always benefitted from caring owners and her program of refit and upgrades has been continuous. Most recently sold before she even hit the open market by Grabau International to her current owner in late 2016 after her previous owner stepped up to a larger Baltic and her current owner looked to move upwards from his beautifully refitted Baltic 35, CLEMENTINE has since undergone a further comprehensive programme of refit to make her 100% ready to go. Having enjoyed two seasons of fantastic sailing in the Mediterranean, her owner now wishes to move on to fresh projects so once more, we are able to offer an opportunity to acquire this very special yacht.
For those looking for a modern, fast, well-mannered sub 50ft cruising yacht, with ocean cruising or regatta-winning capabilities there simply is no better yacht out there. The Baltic represents the very finest in yacht construction and design and CLEMENTINE is the ultimate incarnation of this ethos within her size bracket.
*** Over 100 new photos available on request - Please contact us for a download link ***
RECENT REFIT HISTORY (in addition to routine maintenance and servicing):
• Fitment of new exhaust muffler
• Fitment of new Max-Power retractable bowthruster
• New fresh water pressure pump
• Fitment of new B&G Zeus 9” chart plotter
• HDMI & VGA video monitor for connecting to PC
• New mainsail stackpack
• New cockpit sun awning
• New bimini top
• New sprayhood
• Hull sanded and new epoxy – 2017
• Replacement lower rudder bearing
• Replacement cutlass bearing
• New silent mounting blocks for engine
• Throttle/gear control overhauled
• Z-drive gearbox overhauled with new seals etc
• New steering cables
• Watermaker Clarke pump rebuilt
• New valves and diaphragms for manual bilge pumps
• New gas hoses
• New odourless black water piping
• New Simrad WiFi VHF handset for cockpit
• Interior fitting overhaul with new light fittings, door handles etc
• Rig resprayed Alwgrip Off-White
• New Navtec discontinuous rod standing rigging
• New safety guardwires and terminals
• Replacement anchor windlass motor fitted
• Liferaft serviced
• New fire extinguishers including engine room extinguisher with cockpit control
• Smoke detectors fitted in all cabins
• New Isotherm fridge compressor
• New Simrad VHF radio with DSC
• Fitment of Mastervolt lithium Ion service batteries
• 4x new B&G GFD displays at companionway
• New North 3Di 135% furling genoa
• New Kevlar racing mainsail
• New G2 gennaker/asymmetric spinnaker
• New 8-man liferaft
• Fitment of B&G 3G digital radar scanner
• New aluminium boom
• Fitment Antal low-friction mainsail cars for mast track
The Baltic 47 was a good example of the traditional Baltic Yachts´ philosophy of a light to medium displacement design for optimum performance and easy handling.
The laminates were of a sandwich construction in combination with special unidirectional fibres resulting in a light, reliable and long lasting construction.
The Baltic 47 offered large opportunities for customization of the interior, deck, laminates, keels etc., which allowed clients to make their very own personal ideas a part of the final product. For clients who looked for the opportunity of sailing in shallow water areas, special keels were designed and built.
For more performance minded owners who wanted to go in the opposite direction, we used deeper high performance keels and utilized the available building technology to reach lighter construction weights etc.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
In 1973 five young men left Nautor Swan to start their own business. Their aim was to build the finest sailing boats in the world and to achieve this they employed a group of indigenous craftsmen from the Bosund region of Finland. Top quality and comfortable cruising yachts with racing potential were the main ingredients of what they set out to achieve. Importantly, they recognised that building yachts with lighter displacement than competing products would not only increase performance, but also make life easier and more enjoyable for their clients. They did this by using materials and manufacturing technology never previously seen in boat building.
Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom luxury yachts.
• RCD Status: The yacht meets the requirements of the EC Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) with Boat design category: A (Ocean).
• FRP sandwich construction to the highest specification, using unidirectional roving combining Kevlar and glass fibres and high-grade resin to produce an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• The core material is aircraft-grade Balsa, type CK57 which is lighter than standard balsa.
• The resin used in the laminates is a modified Isophthalic polyester with higher impact strength, toughness, elongation to break (more crack resistance), and higher water resistance than conventionally used resins.
• All high stress areas are strengthened with unidirectional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
• Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low-density PVC foam core.
• Hull is painted white with blue stripes
• Full sanding of hull and reapplication of 3 layers of top quality epoxy primer and new sprayed antifouling to leave the hull pristine - 2017
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Teak decks on fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation. High density core reinforcement in winch and fittings mounting areas. Bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through bolted.
• Chain Plates are stainless steel through bolted to longitudinal or transverse bulkheads, which are securely bonded to the hull and deck. Backing plates are fitted to spread loads. Chain plates are grounded to a keel bolt for lightning protection.
Keel & Rudder:
• External fin keel, cast to high accuracy, in lead strengthened with antimony. The keel is through bolted to the hull with cast-in stainless steel bolts.
• Cantilevered, semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder. The rudder stock passes through self-aligning roller bearings and a stuffing box strongly bonded to the hull.
• Lower rudder bearing replaced 2017
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH2 –TE diesel, 62 hp, 2001 – producing 62hp @ 3,600rpm.
• MHH 4-A gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling
• Morse single lever control
Maintenance & performance:
• Engine hours: to be confirmed.
• Muffler replaced 2018
• New silent mounting blocks 2017
• Morse gear/throttle control overhauled 2017
• Gearbox overhauled 2017
• Cutlass bearing replaced 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• Max-Prop 3-bladed feathering propeller
• Elkhide on steering wheel - new steering cables 2017
• 245vDC Max-Power retracting bow-thruster with dedicated batteries and remote control - 2018
• CLEMENTINE’s power management setup is designed to keep the weight loadings down (an advantage of the Baltic concept is good performance in light airs) and yet provide ample electricity for live-aboard purposes. The combination of a large battery bank, 24v power, two alternators, a smart regulator and input point for additional solar/wind or water generator (not found to be necessary as yet) provides a simple, lightweight and effective alternative to a generator.
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC or 120vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 1x 12vDC engine start battery
• 2x 24vDC 180Ah Mastervolt Lithium batteries plus control electronics – 2015
• 220 V AC charger for service batteries
• 120 V AC charger for service batteries
• Smart regulator for battery charging (2009)
• DC/AC inverter 2.0 kW, 24/220 V powering all AC outlets
• 50 Amp alternator 12 V for starting batteries
• 160 Amp alternator 24 V for service batteries
• 220/120 volt outlets: chart table, forecabin, aft cabins, galley etc.
• 12v outlet at companionway for use of 12v equipment (searchlight, etc)
• 24v inlet with blocking diode at stern for accepting solar panels or towing/wind generator. (not fitted)
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 30 litre water heater. Heated by engine cooling water or by immersion heater element from AC system.
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley – pump replaced 2018
• Hot and cold shower on swim platform
• Spectra 24vDC watermaker. Clarke pump rebuilt 2017
• 2x Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps (one at wheel and one in small hatch under saloon floor).
• New valves and diaphragms for manual bilge pumps 2017
• 2x 12vDC electric bilge pumps with automatic float switches.
• Butane in ventilated locker at transom.
• New gas hoses 2017
• 210 + 135 litres fuel capacity in stainless steel tanks
• 350 litres in 2 stainless steel tanks.
• Spark-L-Pure water filter in galley.
• 90 litre holding tank stainless steel serving both heads.
• All new ordourless black water pipes 2017
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 sailing instruments with wind, depth and speed sensors, fluxgate compass – December 2015
• B&G Autopilot
• B&G GFDs & 4x 20/20 displays at companionway – December 2015
• B&G Fusion music system with speakers at main salon and cockpit – controllable from Zeus
• FURUNO GP-32 Differential GPS.
• B&G Zeus 9” chart plotter (2018) with 3G digital radar (2013), repeating signal and controllable from chart table down below.
• ICOM IC-M710 SSB radio with copper grounding plates and automatic antenna tuner
• Simrad VHF radio with DSC - Summer 2016 and WiFi handset in cockpit (2017)
• NAVICO AIS transceiver class B with separate antenna
• HDMI & VGA video monitor for connecting PC 2018
• Changeover switch in locker by foot of mast to VHF emergency aerial for use if masthead aerial damaged.
• Twin stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water.
• Corian-covered counter top with deep fiddles
• Fresh and sea-water foot pumps and foot pump extract from fridge and freezer.
• Force 10 Stainless steel 3 burner gimbaled butane stove with extra large oven
• Galley fan above stove
• 220vAC Miele Microwave oven
• Custom made stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartments, seawater cooled condenser
• New Isotherm fridge compressor. Spring 2016
• Fitted Hot and cold thermos flasks.
• Locker above sink for drainage of crockery.
• Shelf above drainage locker for small items needed from cockpit.
• Baltic glasses and cups
• 2x 24vDC Thetford Tecma electric marine heads – fresh water
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher D5L diesel-fired hot air cabin heating system
• 6x 24vDC electric fans (2 new in 2009)
• Stereo (speakers replaced 2007)
• Flat screen TV and DVD player in saloon (TV requires replacement)
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to seven berths in three cabins comprising master cabin forward and two guest cabins aft with one double and one twin bunk cabin. Occasional berth in saloon settee. Two heads.
• Visible surfaces are teak faced.
• Teak and holly sole boards with rubber backed carpet in saloon
• White headlinings
• Off white leather upholstery in main saloon and nav station (very good condition)
• Dark blue material with a discreet pattern in sleeping cabins
• Corian counters at galley
• Mosquito screens and blinds on all hatches
• Curtains for side windows
• Small safe in aft cabin.
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
• Forepeak with bow thruster & storage, with door to forward heads
• Next aft is master head with shower and panoramic deck hatch
• Next aft is the master cabin with a queen size berth to port with four drawers below. (This is a particularly large berth, expandable for use in port, or useable as a small double for passages). A desk/vanity unit with stool is to starboard, with large hanging lockers to starboard each side of the dressing table. These have hanging space and shelves. A third cupboard with shelves is at the foot of the bed and there are three lockers and shelves above the berth. There is a Furuno instruments repeater above the berth. There are four hatches in the ceiling of the master cabin with blinds and mosquito screens and three electric fans giving considerable ventilation
• Next aft to port is the main saloon with an adjustable dining table (with games locker inset under reversible games board) and U-shaped settee, with arm chair opposite and storage inside, further storage behind settee backrests with bookshelves and storage above; drinks locker for bottles and glasses
• Opposite to starboard is a forward facing Nav station with extra large chart table and storage for charts in an overhead locker under the deckhead and in the chart table. Draws below chart table and stowage under chart seat
• Next aft to starboard is a U-shaped galley with drying locker for dishes, deep stainless steel sinks and Corian-covered counter space; this is equipped with a cooker with extra large gas oven, a microwave
• oven, controls for fridge and freezer, extractor fan and domestic fan.
• Aft of the saloon is the passage head with shower
• Next aft behind the head is a guest cabin with a double berth, hanging locker and access to the head (en suite)
• Aft of the galley is a guest cabin with upper and lower berths, hanging locker and storage space.
• A large door leads off from this to a ‘walk-in’ engine room giving full access to all parts of the engine.
• The cockpit has a direct companionway into the main saloon area. The stairs can be lifted to provide further access to the engine room.
• Aluminium 3-spreader mast racing/cruising type.
• Rig resprayed Awlgrip Off-White - 2017
• Aluminium boom painted Awlgrip Off-White- supplied new 2013
• Navtec discontinuous rod rigging replaced 2017
• Navtec hydraulic backstay and vang with control panel at helm – 2 spare functions. Hoses replaced 2017
• Insulated backstay for SSB antenna.
• Reckmann RS200/30 roller furling headstay
• Antal low-friction battencars for fully-battened mainsail - 2013
• Sloop rig, when using roller furling 140% genoa.
• Solent rig, with removable furling inner forestay, just aft of Genoa furler.
• Adjustable whisker/spinnaker pole with Elkhide cover stowed against mast on track for easy ‘launching’.
• Bowsprit for asymmetric spinnaker - original
• The winches are so set up that the genoa and main sheets can be operated on the electric winches
• from the wheel. All winches are by Lewmar.
• Primaries (2) L - 66 A
• Secondaries (2) L - 58 AST Electric
• Mainsheet, reefs(2) L - 48 AST Electric
• Genoa Halyards (2) L - 48 CST
• Spin Halyards (1) L - 48 AST
• Tack Velas Kevlar racing mainsail – 2014
• North Spectra cruising -2010
• North 3Di genoa 135% - 2015
• North Spectra 140% No.2 furling genoa – 2010
• North Spectra 110% No.3 furling genoa – 2001 (recut)
• Storm Jib (never used)
• Tack Velas G2 Gennaker/Asymmetric spinnaker from 2014
• Quantum S2 Symmetric spinnaker from 2009
• New stainless steel wire lifelines and terminals -2017
• Dodger for cockpit- which zips to sprayhood. Window in Perspex included for additional lookout forward.
• Pulpit with openings port and starboard.
• Recessed transom with swim platform and stainless-steel swim ladder.
• Two positions (on cockpit coaming and on bathing platform, fixing points for passarelle.
• Fitted stowage for passarelle in cockpit lockers.
• Fresh water hose and tap in anchor locker for wash off or anchor wash.
• Foldable Cockpit table
Covers & Canvas:
• Mainsail stackpack (2018) with lazy jacks.
• Cockpit cushions with closed cell foam and Navy Blue Sunbrella cover.
• Full winter cover in three parts for easy storage.
• Cockpit sun awning (2018)
• Bimini top (2018)
• Sprayhood (2018)
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar Concept 24vDC anchor windlass, 1000 Watt - new motor fitted 2017
• Steel Spade anchor with 40 metres of stainless chain and 20 metres of connected multi-ply rope.
• Kedge anchor in blocks in port cockpit locker
• Various warps and fenders
• 8 man/woman liferaft new 2014 - serviced 2017
• Manual fire extinguishers through cabin spaces - all new 2017
• Engine space extinguisher with remote manual release at helm -2017
• Smoke detectors in all cabins -2017
Viewing arrangementsLying Cogolin, S.of.France
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.