1985 BALTIC YACHTS 48 DP
€164,000 tax paid
Hull No.1 of the iconic Doug Peterson Baltic 48DP
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 48 DP|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Volvo Penta TMD22 78hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||300l|
DescriptionBeautifully built Doug Peterson Baltic Yacht launched in December 1985. Hull nr. 1 of the iconic design, ultra-equipped with furling hydraulic and winches.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Perhaps one of the most iconic Baltic Yachts of all time. Unmistakably a Baltic and with a style and presence that has continued through today and the very latest carbon creations producing by this prestigious Finnish custom yacht builder.
Adhering to the philosophy of ‘built the best possible sailing yacht, combing safe, easy handling performance cruising with high performance racing’, the Doug Peterson designed Baltic 48DP is a light to medium displacement design that blends superior performance with comfortable cruising characteristics. Baltic's emphasis on leading edge technology combined with the finest world reknown Finnish craftsman resulted in the 48DP as the standard bearer for a new generation of elegant performance ocean passage makers.
MAGIC-D was built as hull nr. 1 of this prestigious boat in 1985 and delivered to her first owner in December 1985. Bought from the current owner and professionally restored with new teak deck, standing rigging and hull paint, she is now for sale as her owner is struggling to find the time to have her re-launched.
MAGIC-D has been carefully refitted in 2018/2019:
• Standing rigging replaced
• Mast and boom repainted
• Teak laid deck replaced
• Batteries – 2018
• Hull paint
• Autopilot serviced
• Hydraulic serviced
• Interior upholstery
• New fridges compressors
• Sunbrella sprayhood and bimini
• Bilge pumps replaced
• New plexiglass deck windows
• Hydraulic furling genoa
• Dinghy and outboard engine replaced
• All led lights
• Electro hydraulic winches
• Coffee grinder
MAGIC-D is now lying ashore waiting for her next owner who wish to take care of her for the next decades.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Balsa core fibreglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fibreglass mat, unidirectional roving and mat/roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All high stress areas are especially strengthened with unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density core. There are limber holes in the floors to allow drainage to sump.
• Structural bulkheads are marine grade plywood laminated to the hull.
• White topsides finish
• Deck - Hand laid up moulded fibreglass with balsa core stiffening, insulation and reinforcement incorporated in the way of deck fittings and winches.
• The deck is through bolted to the hull.
• Teak laid decking to the side decks, cockpit seating and cockpit sole – replaced 2018 with 10mm deck
Keel & Rudder:
• An external fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, is bolted to the hull with cast in stainless steel keel bolts.
• The rudder is a cantilevered balanced spade moulded from fibreglass using unidirectional rovings orientated in the direction of stress. The rudder blade is filled with a high density PVC-foam to spread loads evenly. The rudder forces are transmitted to the shaft via an internal aluminium alloy framework.
• The rudder stock is high strength seawater resistant aluminium alloy passing through Robalon bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull. The bearings are lubrication free.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta TMD22 4 Cylinder Turbocharged Marine Diesel Engine producing 78hp – replaced 2001
• Freshwater cooled engine
• Shaftdrive gearbox
• Single lever engine control – Lewmar powerpack Commander 5
• Approx 850hrs on engine as of end of 2021
• Fisher Panda marine generator installed on board in forward peak – out of work
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-bladed folding propeller
• Wheel steering with a ‘Destroyer’ type stainless steel wheel
• Hydraulic autopilot actuator overruled - 2018
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power and inverter
• 12vDC engine start batteries – 2018
• 12vDC service batteries joined in series and parallel to supply 24vDC for 600ah -2018
• 24vDC 50HZ battery charger
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
• 24vDC engine-mounted alternator
• Shore power connection with 220v sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 60lt hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• The water pump has been replaced in 2018
• 2 x 12vDC automatic electric bilge pumps – 2018
• Manual bilge pump
• 2x engine room seacocks replaced 2018
• Approx. 240 litre fuel capacity in 2 (90 + 150) stainless steel tank
• Approx. 300 litres water capacity in 2x (150 + 250) stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Interphase Chart Master 11CV with “mit C-MAP NT” Mediterranean charts
• Furuno Radar1830 24 NM Radar System with 10’ Monochrome CRT Display
• 3x B&G H2000 wind, wind angle and speed analogic displays in the cockpit
• 2x B&G digital display in the cockpit
• 1x B&G H2000 multi display at the chart table
• Raytheon ST 7000 autopilot
• Steering compass at helm
• HV 20/20
• Sailor VHF RT2047
• I-com IC-M 700 VHF
• Alpes Inox gas stove with oven and 3x burners - 2012
• Top opening fridge
• Top opening Frigoboat freezer
• Fridges compressors replaced 2018
• Salt water foot pump
• Fresh water foot pump
• 2x manual marine heads – replaced 2021
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• Stereo with 2x speakers in the saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in owner’s double cabin aft, bunk beds cabin forward plus occasional settee berths in saloon. Two heads.
• All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
• Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
• Teak gratings in head
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
• Access to bilge at appropriate points
• Soft lining panels to deck head
• Cuschions and saloon upholstery replaced with Sumbrella – 2018
Accommodation From Forward:
• Large forepeak with folding pipecot berths.
• Heads compartment with door access.
• Port bunk cabin with upper and lower berths and hanging locker.
• Starboard ensuite head and shower
• Saloon area with wrap-around settee and lowering table.
• Ample sized navigation table with bulkhead for electronic instrumentation and master electric panel.
• Galley with 3-burner stove and oven. Remote solenoid valve for gas shut off.
• Owner’s cabin aft with centreline queen-sized double berth, twin hanging lockers and twin settees
• Owner’s cabin bed cushion and upholstery replaced – 2018
• Ensuite head.
• 3 spreader masthead Selden rig, Awlgrip painted oyster white – 2020
• Keel-stepped mast
• Harken mainsail track and battencar system
• Nitronic rod rigging – replaced 2018
• Rondal Hydrofurl 100 furling genoa
• Rondal Hydrofurl 100 furling staysail has been dismounted and is now on board as spare part
• Navtec hydraulic adjustment for backstay and vang with control panel – overhauled 2018
• Lewmar genoa track – new 2020
• Lazybag and lazy jacks
• 4x 52 -2-speed self-tailing Lewmar winches
• 2x 70 3 speed Lewmar self-tailing hydraulic winches
• 2x 55 2 speed Lewmar self-tailing hydraulic winches
• 2x 55 2 speed Lewmar self-tailing winches
• 2x 46 2 speed Lewmar self-tailing winches
• 1x 46 2 speed Lewmar self-tailing winches
• 1x Lewmar cofeee grinder
• 2x Jib
• Furling Genoa
• Fully battens main sail
• Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
• Cockpit table
• Hot & cold shower on deck
• Black painted toe rail – serviced 2018
Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood with Sumbrella texture – 2020
• Biminis for aft cockpit with Sumbrella texture – 2020
• Chart plotter cover canvas - 2020
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar 2000 electric-hydraulic anchor windlass with cockpit control
• CQR 25kgs anchor with 10mm chain
• Fenders & warps
• Foldable gangway
Tender & Outboard:
• Arimar 1,85 m inflatable tender - 2020
• Honda 2,3hp 4 strokes outboard engines
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 6-person liferaft – serviced 2020
• Fire extinguishers
Viewing arrangementsLying West Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.