2002 BALTIC YACHTS 50
€580,000 tax paid
Hull No.7 of 11. Refitted 2014. Fast cruiser/racer
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 50|
|Designer||Bill Tripp / A.Vismara|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||San Remo, Italy|
|Hull Construction||Carbon / Epoxy|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||600l|
DescriptionHull number 7 of 11 Bill Tripp & Vismara designed Baltic 50 semi-custom performance blue water cruisers. Benefitting for a big refit in 2014 with new decks and paint, Baltic 50_07 is 100% ready to go.
Sailors will recognize in the Baltic 50 the continuation of the Baltic tradition, the combination of quality, style and commitment to performance. The profile in a glance has the dramatic Baltic heritage yet reveals something of an advanced hull form.
Baltic yachts have always distinguished themselves as being not only very high quality yachts, but as high performance, racing and cruising yachts. By utilizing top materials, construction techniques, and equipment it is now possible to design a strong, light, sophisticated design with a nicely appointed interior that has all of the polished sailing characteristics of a top grand prix boat.
Modern sailboat design is in continual development, and the sport has witnessed tremendous improvements in speed and sea keeping. The performance is by virtue of subtle hull shaping and a balance of power. The band of their performance is widened. A modern hull is far different than anything that has gone before, and the fine bows and broad transoms do not dive by the bow, nor get excessive helm as we have learned the best shapes for speed and balance. The really modern boats are superb boats to race and sail, and can take any weather, as the improvements in the boats have directed more toward performance than rating. RThe boats are no longer digging holes in the water as they heel or increase speed and then falling into them. Our new boats sail on the water not through it.
The carbon rig and bulb keel combine for a very low centre of gravity, giving the satisfaction of sail carrying capacity on a light boat. The light boat eases the forces needed to go forward. The boat slips along rather than dragging the ocean. The large sail plan makes the boat very easily driven in light air, as a large amount of racing is in these conditions.
For the cruiser/racer the rig is a masthead rig with swept spreaders. The advantage of this is that the boat handing is very easy. The rig is high performance yet fool proof without the complication of runners.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
• The hull constructed with epoxy using vacuum bagging laminating technique.
• Laminate in Aramid and S-glass, epoxy resin, and Divinycell (or equivalent) core.
• Hull constructed primarily of epoxy resin, URA Aramid/R-glass udrs, Eglass biaxials, and Aramid wovens rowing.
• All skins laid up in one bagging of all plies, with the last fiber ply being followed by a peel ply.
• Laminates post cured at 50 degrees C for 12 hours. Woven and biax laps 50mm.
• The entire hull interior skin and all non-visible fiberglass surfaces finished smooth to eliminate any protruding fiber strands and to eliminate any voids or pits.
• Structural bulkheads Divinycell (or equal) foam and glass panels, prefabricated on a laminating table, under vacuum. Bulkheads glassed to the hull.
• Hull topsides repainted in Awlgrip Matterhorn White with red style lines - 2014
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck built off of a female mould.
• Fiber orientation and number of plies vary over the deck.
• The laminates are vacuum bagged to achieve the best possible strength and resin ratios.
• The deck is constructed primarily of epoxy resin, URA kevlar/R-glass udrs, E-glass biaxials, and Aramid wovens.
• All skins to be laid up in one bagging of all plies, with the last fiber ply being followed by a peel ply.
• Deck post cured at 50 degrees C for 12 hours.
• Woven and biax laps to be 50mm.
• 13mm Teak deck on side decks – replaced 2014
• Cockpit repainted with non-skid surface – 2014
Keel & Rudder:
• Fixed ballast in keel totaling 4.083 kg.
• Keel fin in stainless steel.
• Keel bulb cast in 4 - 6 % antimony lead.
• Stainless steel mounting bolts.
• FRP rudder post.
• Rudder blade also FRP with foam core.
• Self-aligning JP3 bearings (or equivalent) for upper and lower bearings.
• Top of rudder at post mated piece to cover bearing flush with hull.
• Post is trapezoidal in cross section.
Engine & gearbox:
• YANMAR 4JH2-CE 51hp 4-cylinder diesel engine
• Saildrive gearbox – overhauled 2014
• Freshwater engine cooling
• Single lever control
• Engine hours – approx. 1,426 as of September 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
• Folding propeller
• Twin wheel steering with Vectran steering cables
• Emergency steering gear
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 1x 12vDC 120Ah gel cell start battery
• 24vDC service battery bank with 330Ah capacity
• 24v 50Amp automatic battery charger
• 2,5kw inverter
• 50 & &0 Amp engine-mounted alternators for charging start and service battery banks
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided.
• Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater. Heated by engine cooling water in 30 litre hot water tank and shore power via immersion heater element.
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• Deck shower outlet warm & cold.
• Two diaphragms type manual bilge pumps with removable handles. Locations, one at main companionway and one in the cockpit.
• One self-priming 24 V DC heavy-duty bilge pump with automatic switch.
• Seacocks overhauled – 2014
• All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
• Diesel fuel 300 litres
• Fresh water 600 litres
• Holding tank 200 litres
• All tanks are pressure tested.
• Tank shut-offs provided.
• A waterseparator is installed on the fuel line.
• The fill fitting is grounded via the tank to a keel bolt.
• Tank meter with selector switch on electrical panel.
• The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Lorenz GPS plotter
• B&G Hydra 2000 autopilot
• B&G log
• B&G GPS Plus 12
• 3x B&G 20/20 Jumbo multi-repeaters at mast
• B&G Hydra 2000 wind displays (x2) and transducer
• Furuno FRS 1000A depth sounder
• Suunto & KVH Gyrotrac compasses
• VHF Sailor RT4800 with additional handset in cockpit
• Alpes Inox 4-burner stove with oven.
• Front opening refrigeration & freezer
• Stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supplies and manual supplies
• 2x electric heads - 2014
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher diesel-fired hot air cabin heating
• Alpine CD/Radio stereo system with speakers throughout
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in three cabins, plus saloon and 2 heads.
• Forepeak cabin with folding pipecot bunks
• Twin berth cabin aft to starboard with hanging locker to port and forward heads with shower to port.
• Saloon with L-shaped settee to port and folding saloon table. Settee to starboard. Settees can be used as occasional berths.
• Galley aft of saloon to port.
• Forward facing chart table aft of saloon to starboard.
• Master cabin aft of galley with centreline double berth and access to ensuite heads and shower.
• Advanced lightweight construction techniques used in construction of the interior.
• Structural bulkheads as well as constructional panels in carbon fibre / epoxy laminates.
• Prefabricated in a laminated press.
• Visible surfaces are light wood faced with satin varnish.
• Teak and holly soleboards
• Corian counters in galley
• Red cloth upholstery
• Sparcraft carbon fibre mast and boom – sprayed Awlgrip white
• Three sets of swept-back spreaders
• Reckmann headstay furler
• Rod standing rigging – rig checked 2014
• Spinnaker pole
• Removable carbon fibre bowsprit
• Navtec hydraulic backstay, vang and outhaul
• I = 20.57m, J = 5.84m, P = 18.31m, E = 6.73m
• Lewmar winch package with 8x self-tailing winches
• 2x 99ST primary winches
• 2x 58ST mainsheet winches
• 2x 64ST secondary winches
• 2x 54ST control line winches
• Zaoli fully battened mainsail
• Zaoli cruising jib
• Zaoli racing mainsail – 2013
• 3x Zaoli racing jibs – 2013
• 3x Zaoli spinnakers - 2013
• A pulpit and pushpit made of Stainless Steel tubes are mounted on the bow and transom.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
• Double lifelines are installed passing through S.S. stanchions.
• Carbon gangway
• Removable cockpit table
• Cockpit shower
• Aft boarding ladder
Covers & Canvas:
• Stackpack bag for mainsail
• Deck awning
• Wheel covers
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lewmar 2000w 24v reversing anchor windlass
• Anchor 20kgs Delta with 75m of chain
Tender & Outboard:
• 3hp outboard engine
• MOB recovery device
• Flare pack
• Fire extinguishers
• LED navigation lights - 2014
Viewing arrangementsLying: San Remo – Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.