Ultra-quick, telescopic keel custom Baltic from 2010, known in a previous incarnation as STIG. Extensively refitted in 2016 and 2019. 100% ready to go. A yacht with no equals.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Baltic 65 CASTIGO (ex STIG) is probably one of the most high-performance boats ever constructed at Baltic Yachts’ yard, with the owner intending to be very competitive under the IRC rating rule against all-out race yachts such as the STP65. “It won’t be a Spartan race boat,” says Project Manager Jonas Krokvik, “because it still has a full interior. But there have been some important concessions to weight. For example there is no teak on the deck, it is painted instead to save weight and reduce heeling moment.”. A racing yacht should preferably have a very deep keel whereas a cruising yacht should reach also shallow waters. Therefore CASTIGO has a telescopic lifting keel that is located completely outside and does not influence the interior or limit the cabin arrangements.
For cruising the telescopic keel will make CASTIGO a versatile yacht for visiting shallow bays and harbours, with the 4.1M draft capable of reducing by 1.2M. The interior layout is very interesting combining a twin cockpit deck layout with a single aft entrance. This enables an interior layout with a saloon area aft and all living space forward. The interior is very modern, yet of the very highest quality imaginable.
Together with Rolf Vrolijk a number of VPP studies were run on various Length/Beam, Displacement/Length plus Sail Area/ Displacement ratios in order to optimize the yacht as much as possible to meet the given conditions. All these various concept, layout and performance studies that resulted in the Baltic 65 have been worked out in cooperation between Baltic Yachts, judel/ vrolijk & co, R&J Design and Baltic Yachts’ representative in Italy, Alessandro Vismara.
Substantially refitted in 2016 and 2019 with a focus on ultra-fast cruising, STIG was renamed CASTIGO. Her ighlights include:-
• Repainting of deck and bowsprit
• Unstep rig and ultrasound mast, boom and spreaders
• Repaint boom and 1/3 of the mast
• New Reckmann furler for jib
• Overhaul and refinish Carbon winches
• New North Sails 3Di cruising sails
• New North Sails 3Di racing sails
• Hall Spars SCR Airfoil standing Rigging
• Replace plexiglass skylights with glass ones
• Revision and repainting of carbon rigging
• New telescopic legs to cockpit table which transform the cockpit into a huge sundeck
• New sprayhood for central cockpit
• Overhaul of deck gear
• New helm pedestals
• Refinishing of sole boards
• New induction cooker
• New Corian countertops
• Remodelled saloon seating
• New 8kw generator
• Overhaul of electrical systems with replacement network cables and Mastervolt & B&G interfaces
• New JP3 self-aligning bearing
• Engine replaced 2019
• Titan pulpits and stations
• Sumbrella coach rouf protection – 2019
• Low-friction twin headsail foil – 2019
• Racing lightweight mattresses
• Carbon fibre carbon look floor plates
• Lightweigh transom door
• Brunton two blades folding propeller
• New North Sails 3Di sails wardrobe
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Carbon/epoxy laminates over Core-Cell foam, vacuum laminated and post cured in both hull and deck; built to ABS standards, the 1994 guide for Offshore Ocean Racing yachts and the European Union Directives 94/25/EC.
• Hull and deck painted with AWL-Grip, antiskid on deck and deckhouse, repainted 2019
• Bottom prepared with epoxy primer and anti fouling paint, sprayed racing finish - completely overruled zero polish and re-painted - 2019
• Non skid deck surfaces (repainted 2019)
• New bowman toerails - 2019
• All bulkheads carbon/glass/epoxy produced with Baltic’s “Vacuum-press” table to achieve maximum strength and minimum weight.
• Composite chainplates incorporated in bulkhead and hull layup.
• Transom door/swim platform in transom
• Composite flush deck hatches
• Hardened glass cabin windows (2016)
Keel & Rudder:
• Stainless steel fin with lead bulb telescoping keel
• Carbon rudder with JP3 self-aligning bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• 1 x Yanmar 4LV170 diesel engine producing 170hp @ 3,500rpm - 2019
• ZF-63A reduction gearbox
• Freshwater engine cooling
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: approx. tbc hours at Autumn 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Gori 4-bladed folding propeller with overdrive
• Brunton 4-bladed folding propeller
• Flexofold 2-bladed racing propeller
• MaxPower R200/8 retractable hydraulic bowthruster
• Helm pedestals with all pushbutton batteries replaced - 2016
• RexRoth central hydraulic unit powering Holmatro cylinders for mainsail, outhaul, backstay, vang, genoa sheet sliders, mainsail traveller as well as bowthruster, Code0 furler, transom door and telescopic keel.
• Hydraulic pistons serviced 2019
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or generator
• 12vDC AGM start battery 2016
• 12vDC AGM generator start battery - 2016
• 6x 24vDC Mastervolt Lithium service batteries – approx. 1080Ah - 2019
• Mastervolt 100A 24v battery charger - 2019
• Mastervolt 7kw inverter - 2019
• 130a/24v for service battery bank - 2019
• 55a/12v for start battery - 2019
• Fischer Panda 8000i 8kw generator – 2016
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided by PLC. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
• Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 80 litres hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
• Spectra Newport 700 GPD 109l/h 24vDC watermaker.
• Manual bilge pumps
• Electric bilge pump with float switch
• 400 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tanks
• 750 litres water capacity in stainless steel tanks
• 250 litres capacity in stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 sailing network instruments including:
• 4x 30/30 displays at mast - 2019
• 2x 10/10 displays in main cockpit - 2019
• Wind, speed, depth and log transducers - 2019
• GPS receiver - 2019
• B&G Zeus3 9' chart plotter displays at both helms and at chart table - 2019
• Simrad B&G Halo Radar scanner - 2019
• B&G H5000 autopilot - 2019
• B&G AIS V3100 - 2019
• Mastervolt communication Bridge to B&G Czone - 2019
• Yacht Router wifi with booster - 2019
• 2x Suunto steering compasses on helm pedestals - 2016
• 2x B&G VHF in cockpit with speaker at the cockpit and at chart table - 2019
• Sailor Fleet ONE 2019
• 2x Fridges (1 can become a deep freezer)
• AEG combination microwave with induction oven - 2015
• Gimballed Siemens induction hob – 2016
• Siemens dishwasher
• 4x heads and showers
• 1 separate shower room
• Tecma electric heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Heating system.
• CLD air conditioning system.
• 32” LOEWE LCD television. 2019
• NAIM CD/Radio/DVD/MP3/WMA
• Bose speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Forepeak/crew cabin with berth, toilet and locker, entry from deck hatch
• Next aft separated by watertight bulkhead is the master cabin with centerline queen size berth, hanging lockers port and starboard, en-suite stall shower and head
• Next aft to starboard is a guest cabin with upper and lower berths, hanging locker and en-suite head with shower- The upper bed is now a tilting bed that can be used as locker – 2016
• Next aft to starboard is the gimballed galley - 2016
• Opposite to port is a VIP guest cabin with a large double berth, hanging locker, lockers outboard above berth, shelf which becomes additional full size single bed and en-suite head with shower
• Between the VIP cabin and galley is the engine room, fully insonorized.
• Next aft is the saloon with an extra-large sofa and dining table to port, a standard 3 pax sofa and the nav station to starboard.
• Cruising carbon fibre floor plate wooden look – 2019
• Racing carbon fibre floor plate carbon fibre look – 2016
• Advanced lightweight construction techniques used in construction of the interior. A custom made high technology laminating press is used for the lamination of the main bulkheads and interior panels. The use of this press results in bulkheads and panels with very high laminate quality and surface smoothness enabling application of thin wood veneer on visible surfaces without excessive use of filler.
• Hall Spars boomerang spreader carbon fibre mast (high modulus and ultra high modulus) partially repainted - 2016
• Hall Spars carbon fibre racing boom with lazy jack system (wings) - repainted 2016
• Hall Spars SCR Airfoil standing Rigging - repainted 2016 and 2019
• Future's Fibres' new backstays - 2017
• Carbon fibre bowsprit
• Reckmann manual Jib furler with recessed drum 2016 and carbon foils
• Reckmann Hydraulic Code0 furler.
• Harken deckgear
• Spinlock rope clutches
• All hydraulic cylinders serviced in 2019
• 8 x Harken carbon winches including electro/hydraulic primary and secondary winches
• North Sails 3DI full batten cruising mainsail -2021
• North Sails 3Di furling cruising jib - 2021
• Millennium Square Top Monolithic mainsail – 2016
• Millennium Monolithic Jib - 2016
• Millenium furling Code0 on Future's Fibres cable– 2018
• Millennium Oceanic mainsail – 2018
• North Sails A3 Gennaker on top-down furler - 2010
• Millenium furling Stay Sail on Future's Fibres cable 2018
• North Sails Square Top 3Di mainsail – 2020
• Millenium Monolithic J1.5 - 2019
• North Sails 3Di J2 – 2020
• Millenium Monolithic J3 - 2019
• North Sails A1 - 2010
• Millenium A2 - 2019
• Millenium A0 on top-down furler - 2019
• North Sails Wind Seeker -2010
• North Sails Genoa Stay Sail - 2010
• 2 double lifelines sets: Dynema core + Dynema cover and stainless steel lifelines.
• Carbon fiber Passerelle.
• Swim ladder.
• Cockpit table with manual telescopic legs.
Covers & Canvas:
• 2x Sprayhoods (central and main cockpit)
• 2 Canopies
• Main Cockpit cushions
• Central cockpit cushions (sundeck)
• Pedestal and steering wheels covers
• winch covers
• night cover for sundeck
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Recessed anchor locker with Lewmar 3000 electric windlass, gypsy and drum, for chain and rope.
• Anchor launching arrangement with custom made telescopic pivoting carbon fibre anchor arm.
• Stainless Steel Delta 40kg anchor
• 80m of 318 Cromox stainless steel chain
Tender & Outboard:
• 3.10m tender
• Yamaha 9.9hp outboard
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 2x Lifeguard R8Y-SR 8pax
• JonBuoy - 2017
• Fire extinguishers - 2020
• Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room - 2019
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini
Tel: +39 3337489281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.