1987 BALTIC YACHTS 83
€550,000 tax paid
Price Reduced for Immediate Sale
|Manufacturer/Model||Baltic Yachts 83|
|Designer||Sparkman & Stephens|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Wizeman WM 240 280hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||1600l|
DescriptionIconic blue-hulled full custom Baltic 83. Completely refitted in 2006 and beautifully maintained ever since. Huge value for money for such a special and well-constructed yacht.
** Over 100 new photos (July 2018) available. Please contact us for download link **
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Designed by Sparkman & Stephens and originally launched in 1987 as NAOS, IPERO is a full custom yacht built to the very highest standards by Baltic Yachts in Finland.
The Baltic 83 was the first custom collaboration between Baltic Yachts and Sparkman & Stephens with S&S looking after the naval architecture, hull, keel and rudder lines and Baltic Yachts design house dealing with her deck styling and interior. The huge success of this collaboration paved the way to a number of further iconic semi-custom Baltic’s including the Baltic 58 and 64.
A great deal of attention was placed at the design stage in to weight and structural calculations with a view to creating a comfortable, safe and fast world cruising yacht.
Purchased by her current owner in 2005, IPERO was completed refitted by Monaco Marine in Cogolin during 2005/6. The works included a raft of interior modifications to the sleeping cabins (leading to the creation of one of the finest owner’s suites on any yacht below 100ft), new teak decks, new hull paint, repainted and inspected rig, new generator, electronics, tanks, watermaker, air-conditioning, navigation equipment and so on. In short, IPERO was relaunched as a new yacht in 2006. Further refit works were again made in 2017 with a view to overhauling all of her systems for complete reliability in ocean sailing.
Registered at just under 24m as a pleasure vessel, IPERO sits at the top end of yachts that can be sailed by her owner for pleasure, but of course, she has also always benefitted from a professional crew to keep her top condition.
This 83ft performance cruiser was the first custom project Baltic Yachts worked on in conjunction with the famous American naval architects, Sparkman & Stephens.
While the hull lines, keel and rudder design were from S & S, the accommodation and deck styling were by Baltic Yachts’ own design office. There was particularly close cooperation between S & S and Baltic Yachts on weight and structural calculations.
The project was developed for a central European client and the main goal was for comfortable, fast and safe world cruising from the yacht’s home base in the Mediterranean.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
• FRP sandwich construction to the highest specification, using unidirectional rovings and high grade resin to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• The core material is aircraft-grade Balsa.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with a build up of unidirectional rovings orientated in the direction of the stress.
• Dark blue hull colour – repainted 2006
• Hull inside to be topcoated white or dark brown.
• Main structural bulkheads are built up of a balsa core GRP sandwich construction.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hand laid-up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation and a high density core reinforcement incorporated in the mounting areas of winches and fittings. The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving. The deck is through bolted to the hull.
• Deck is painted with high quality abrasion-resistance colour pigment gelcoat.
• Standard colour is white.
• Teak laid deck – replaced 2006
Keel & Rudder:
• External fin keel, cast to high accuracy, in lead strengthened with antimony.
• The shape of the keel has been developed with the emphasis of lowering the ballast centre-of-gravity as much as possible without adding drag or decreasing lift. The lower centre of gravity gives higher stability with added speed and power but also makes the boat easier to handle. A lower centre of gravity also increases the boats resistance against knock downs hence making the boat safer and adds seaworthiness.
• The keel is through bolted to the hull by cast-in stainless steel bolts.
• The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from Fiberglas and filled with PVC-foam. Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
• Rudder removed and inspected – May 2017
Engine & gearbox:
• Wizeman WM 240 V8 diesel engine (based on Mercedes OM-422 block) producing 280hp @ 2,300rpm
• Twin Disc MG509 1:2.48 reduction gearbox with reverse gear
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Flexible shaft coupling supported by v-bracket
• Single lever engine control.
• Engine overhauled with checks of alternator, started, cooling and exhaust system - 2015
Propulsion & Steering:
• Ritchfield 300R 16hp retractable bowthruster – completely overhauled October 2017
• Luke 3-bladed feathering propeller
• The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329
• The steering is provided by a light weight "destroyer type" wheel. The wheel is leather covered made of stainless steel, welded and highly polished.
• Baltic Yachts custom made pedestal.
• 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
• 2x 12vDC engine start batteries - 2016
• 24vDC service battery bank with 12v 2v batteries - 2016
• 1x 12vDC generator start battery - 2016
• 2x Mastervolt Mass 24/100 100Amp automatic battery chargers - 2006
• Onan 11kw generator – fitted new 2006
• Complete overhaul of generator – October 2017
• 220v/24v 4kw Inverter - 2017
• 12v engine-mounted alternator for start batteries
• 24v secondary alternator for service battery bank
• Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
• 220vAC / 50Hz shore power system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water heater provided via 2 water heaters, heated by engine cooling water and shore power – water heaters replaced 2001
• Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. Pump with automatic pressure switch.
• Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
• Foot-operated backup fresh- and salt-water pump in galley, foot-operated freshwater pump in heads.
• 2x Tecnicomar MD 1000 200 litre per hour 220vAC reverse osmosis watermakers
• Watermakers completely overhauled – October 2017
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pumps
• 2,100 fuel capacity in stainless steel tanks – replaced 2006
• Fuel shut-off valves
• 1,600 litres water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks – replaced 2006
• 190 litre blackwater holding tank capacity – replaced 2006
• 250 litre grey water holding tank capacity – replaced 2006
• Tankmaster 4 and Tankwatch 4 holding tank monitoring systems
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine E120 colour GPS chart plotter and radar display at chart table - 2006
• Raymarine E80 colour plotter repeater at helm - 2006
• Raymarine radar scanner - 2006
• B&G Hydra 2000 wind, speed and depth transducers with 2x displays in cockpit and 1x display at chart table - 2006
• Simrad AP25 autopilot control head – 2006
• Autopilot overhauled – May 2017
• Suunto steering compass
• Simrad RS86 VHF at chart table with handheld unit in cockpit - 2006
• Motorola SCN 3052A Iridium satellite phone - 2006
• Aston G6 satellite antenna - 2006
• Alpes Inox gimablled gas stove with 4x burners and oven
• Siemens 900w 220vAC microwave
• 2x Frigonautica refrigerators
• 1x Frigonautica freezer
• Electrolux dishwasher
• Raritan ice maker
• Bosch Maxx5 washing machine
• Electrolux dryer
• 4x 24vDC Tecma electric flush heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• Condaria 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system with 70,000BTU output
• Air-conditioning overhauled October 2017
• Loewe TV in saloon
• Bose DVD and home cinema system
• Sharp LCD TV in master cabin
• Ayton DV1805 stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• IPERO offers 9 berths for owners and guests in 4 staterooms with 3 heads/shower.
• Crew accommodation for 2 with separate head and shower.
• All joinery is teak-faced. Main structural bulkheads are of bulkheads are of a balsa core GRP sandwich construction and teak-faced marine plywood. Other bulkheads are of teak-faced plywood.
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
• Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
• Leather upholstery replaced - 2014
• Storage and sail locker is located in the bow section.
• Cabin provided with upper and lower berths.
Forward Guest Cabin:
• Cabin provided with upper and lower berths.
• Forward of galley to port.
• Heads, sink and shower.
• Teak shower grating.
• Opposite forward heads to starboard.
• L-shaped seating with table.
• Forward of saloon and to port.
• U-shaped counter top.
• Main saloon with dining area on port and lounge sofa with coffee table on starboard.
• Navigation area aft of saloon area to starboard.
Aft Guest Cabin:
• A double bedded cabin is to port, opposite the passageway.
Passageway to Owner’s Suite:
• In the passageway from the owner’s cabin to the salon is the double berth cabin, upper and lower with private head
• There is a large owner’s cabin aft with two separate berths on each side (one double and one single) and an ensuite head with separate shower. An independent entry allows the owner to access the deck without passing through the main saloon.
• Rondal aluminium alloy spars – painted white 2006
• Deck-stepped masthead rig with 3-sets of spreaders
• Inmast furling system
• Rig checked and serviced – June 2017
• Rondal hydraulic furling for head-stay and inner-stays
• Navtec hydraulic backstay tensions and boom-vang – overhauled May 2017
• Manual back up for all hydraulic systems
• Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging – partially replaced in accordance with regular inspections
• Rondal and Harken deck gear
• Running rigging renewed – 2017
• I – 29.59m, J = 8.95m, P = 27.49m, E = 8.31m
• Lewmar winch package – All winches overhauled June 2017
• 2x 110SST 3-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
• 2x 70SST 3-speed electric self-tailing secondary winches
• 2x 68SST 2-speed manual self-tailing runner winches
• 2x 70SST 3-speed electric self-tailing mainsheet winches
• 4x 68SST 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard winches
• 1x 65SST 2-speed electric self-tailing outhaul winch
• 1x 46SST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker heel hoist winch
• 2x 52SST 2-speed manual self-tailing control line winches
• Mainsail – 2017
• Genoa – 2016
• Staysail - 2016
• Spinnaker and gennaker
• A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
• Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
• The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
• Tender and outboard – revised 2017
• Bathing ladder
• Carbon fibre 3.5m pasarelle – 2013
• Cevik 2hp air-compressor
• 9 x dorade ventilators with protection bars
• 2 x ventilators with protection bars
• 16 x alloy framed acrylic hatches / ventilation hatches
• Portholes replaced - 2017
Covers & Canvas:
• Blue canvas sprayhood
• Blue canvas biminis on stainless steel frame for aft cockpit
• Cockpit cushions
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans electric anchor windlass
• Primary anchor with 100m chain
• Secondary anchor with 60m chain
• Fenders and warps
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 12-man liferaft
• 406MHZ EPIRB
• Automatic and manual fire extinguisher systems
Viewing arrangementsLying Pisa, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.