2002 CANARD 41
€85,000 tax paid
Epoxy-hulled, carbon-rigged performance sloop
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 3JH3CE 36hp|
|Hull Construction||GRP epoxy sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||200l|
DescriptionSparkling semi-custom Paperini designed performance yacht from 2002 with vacuum-bagged epoxy hull combined, carbon mast and bowsprit, coupled with a comfortable 3-cabin, 2-heads cruising interior.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
GRANDE CESARE was launched in 2002 from Canard Yachts as a 41’ Massimo Paperini designed vessel to compete in club racing and offers his owner an easy and comfortable interior layout for summer cruising. Now under her third ownership, GRANDE CESARE is ready for her next adventure.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Deck stepped carbon fibre mast
• Vacuum bag composite hull
• Carbon fibre wheel.
• Electric harken winch for halyards – 2020
• Three cabins one head interior layout
• Antiskid low maintenance deck
Canard Yachts is a company born in 1996 from the experience on the regatta fields, in the shipyard and in the design. The lasting collaboration with Massimo Paperini's Duck Design studio has made it possible to create a small series of semi-custom boats with attention to construction, performance refinement and design, winners of important national and international events.
The construction techniques that distinguish the production of Canard Yachts from the mass production on the market are the construction of a solid monocoque in the composition of the hull, bulkhead deck and integrated floorboard.
This technique, refined over the years, following the most advanced technologies, allows innovative production planning by distinguishing and controlling the various construction phases from a constructive and economic point of view.
The composite monocoque is the container in which the systems are inserted with passages and channels already foreseen in the lamination, while the interior furnishings, in lightened wood or composite, are made and then installed on board on an integrated structural floor.
This allows Canard Yachts to supervise and guarantee the quality of the interventions of the best specialists in the sector both for composite, plant engineering and interior furnishings.
From a Canard Yachts’ presentation
Massimo Paperini Architect is the founder of the Duck Design Studio. He starts his activity in 1974, and as yacht designer in 1980, dedicating until 1990 to sailing racing boats, winners of many national and international events. In the same years he is a Federazione Italiana Vela consultant for the rating rules at the ORC in London.
Between 1985 and 1990 he is FIV Team Manager for the Offshore World Championships and for the Admiral’s Cup.
From 1990 until today, in his loft in via Crispi, downtown Rome near the Spanish Steps, he has been designing Power and Sailing Yachts winners of many Awards and 3 World Championships. On October 2013 Duck Design moved on via del Babuino 144.
To date more than 400 one-off and series boats have been launched, all signed by Massimo Paperini.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is built in accordance with CE Boat Category A-ocean.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction/Finish:
• Vacuum bag epoxy composite hull.
• Vacuum bag epoxy composite bulkheads.
• Deck antiskid paint – 2020 repainted
Keel & Rudder:
• Steel fin keel and lead bulb
• Carbon fibre rudder
• Carbon fibre steering wheel
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 3JH3CE 36hp Diesel engine producing 36hp @ 3650rpm.
• 4-cylinder water cooled direct injection.
• Yanmar Sail Drive gearbox
• Single Morse lever throttle and clutch control.
• Fuel filter
Maintenance & Engine Hours:
• Engine hours – approx. 2,000 as of summer 2021.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Carbon fibre steering wheel.
• Maxprop 3-blade feathering propeller.
• Aluminium emergency steering tiller.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 220v AC via shore power.
• 12vDC Engine start battery
• Service battery
• Automatic battery charger.
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternators
• 12vDC sockets.
• 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC socket at the chart table.
• 12-volt DC distribution panel.
• Battery condition meter.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressure system
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with a calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element from shore power.
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley and heads.
• Hot water tank.
• Electric bilge pumps.
• Manual Whale bilge pump
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment.
• 80 litre fuel tank.
• Deck fill.
• 1x 120 litre tank.
• 1x 80 litre tank.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine ST70 Electronic equipment
• Wind, depth and log Raymarine displays
• Rayethon GPS chartplotter
• Raymarine ST6000 autopilot – 2021
• 4 x 20/20 displays at mast.
• Icom VHF.
• Double stainless steel sink.
• Techimpex 2-burner plus stove.
• Top opening fridge.
• 2 x manual WCs in heads with sink
• Sony stereo with speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cockpit layout with two double cabins
• Owner’s forward cabin with an en-suite head.
• Cherry-tree cabin sole surface.
• L style galley to port side.
• Parallel shape saloon seating and dining area to portside and starboard side at midships.
• Navigation area to starboard side between the saloon area and the entrance to the aft cabin.
• White led and halogen lights for general illumination.
• Black leather coloured cushions
Accommodation from Forward:
Owner’s Fore Cabin:
• Central double berth with mattresses.
• Hanging locker.
• Ventilation/escape hatch.
• Shower cubicle.
• Manual marine WC.
• wash basin inset to a vanity unit
• Ventilation deck hatch.
• Steps lead down from the companionway.
• Sofa with a dining table for cruising
• Light and smaller carbon fibre racing table
• Cabin superstructure windows to both the starboard and port sides.
• L style galley positioned to port side
• Single sink.
• Gimballed stainless steel 2-burner oven with gas stove over and stainless grab rail.
• Black coloured work tops.
• Top opening fridge inset to the work top.
• Double berth.
• Hanging locker.
• And bench seat.
• 2-spreader carbon mast by Riba composites
• Aluminium boom
• Rod standing rigging
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole.
• Aluminium spinnaker pole.
• Unibow bowsprit
• Easy bag and leasy jack
• Self-tailing winches
• 1x Harken ST power winch for halyards – 2020
• Millennium sails Endumax full batten main sail – 53,56 mq – 2017
• Millennium sails Endumax furling jib – 2020
• Furling Kevlar genoa – 50,86 - 2006
• Millennium sails Code 0 with Ubi Major furler
• One Sail symmetric spinnaker – 2010
• Gennaker – 2006
• Storm sail
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchor windlass.
• Anchor with 50mt chain
• Spare anchor with 10mt chain
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying West Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.