2004 CANTIERE NAVALE PETRONIO LOBSTER 44
€250,000 tax paid
West System built lobster-style motoryacht
|Manufacturer/Model||Cantiere Navale Petronio Lobster 44|
|Designer||A .Petronio / G. Cendak|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||2x Aifo Iveco 8361 SRM 40 400hp|
|Hull Construction||West System cold-moulded mahogany|
|Drinking Water Capacity||800l|
DescriptionElegant custom-built 44ft Lobster-style gentleman’s motor yacht from Cantiere Navale Petronio. West System mahogany construction and comprehensive inventory for effortless and stylish cruising.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Constructed to the order of her current owner in 2004 by Cantiere Navale Petronio in West System , EL SENTIO is offers styling and timeless cruising. Lightly used since her launch, and with less than 800 hrs run on her twin Iveco 400hp engines, EL SENTIO is a particularly highly specified example of this amazingly roomy Italian-designed and built lobster boat. Her specification highlights are many and include:
• Cold moulded West-System mahogany wooden construction
• Three cabins, two heads
• Aifo-Iveco 6 cylinders diesel engines
• Solar panel
• Forward and aft search light
• 8KW generator
• Bose Stereo speaker
• Under water led lights
• Electro hydraulic folding gangway
• Air conditioning
I have been sailing all my life. When I was seven years old a cousin (a Snipe champion) taught me the first rudiments sailing in the bay in Pula. On the threshold of 50 years, once abandoned the agonistic ambitions, I found myself with little time available for reasons related to the profession and with a great desire of long and rewarding cruises along the Croatian and Montenegrin coasts, Albanians and Greeks. Then the idea of a capable motor boat was born to reach 25 knots if necessary, but pleasant to carry in cruise between 14 and 18, even at 8-9 dislocating, if there is no rush and also able to sail in any whether conditions.
As a material of construction I had no doubts: after having tested the passing qualities on the wave, of silence and 'healthiness' that you breathe aboard a wooden construction, I definitely opted for the method cold-molding West-System developed by Maestro d'Ascia Arrigo Petronio as a result of countless realizations of racing boats winning at the highest levels and extraordinarily long-lasting.
Building from scratch is not an easy decision but I was amply rewarded by the two most exciting and formative years of my life: I spend in the boatyard any time I was free from work! El Sentìo, the only motor boat, came out of it built in his career by Arrigo Petronio, a boat that did not betray no expectation of stability, agility, pleasantness of navigation, strength and aesthetics.
After almost 20 years of cruises and navigation in the Adriatic, I hope that now El Sentio will find an owner who appreciates the characteristics of unique object for connoisseurs, to be used without hesitation and to preserve for the future.
ARRIGO PETRONIO was born in Piran on January 2, 1928. He quickly finds a passion for building wooden boats, attending schools, starting work and then at 15 he manages to get hired at the "San Giusto" shipyard in San Bernardino. He learns quickly, he has the foreman Narciso Orel as his teacher. We are at the end of 1946, and it is Orel who proposes to him the construction of a snipe. Arrigo is in trouble, where to find the right wood, the space for construction and two helpers. Orel gets him the wood and Arrigo organizes the rest.
As in fairy tales the dream comes true, the project of a snipe slowly takes shape, during the Christmas period, Mr. Pertot, owner of the "San Giusto" shipyard, sees the finished boat and exclaims "You are the pride of our shipbuilding school of art "and gives him the sails. In April 1947, the launch in which all of Piran participated, in September Arrigo took part in a regatta with his snipe in Trieste, he finished 7th, someone tells him if you listened to me you were first.
Meanwhile, he attracts the attention of buyers and sells the boat for an excellent price. In October, at the San Bernardino shipyard he learns additional shipbuilding techniques and receives various certificates and awards.
In 1948 Arrigo Petronio is in Trieste with his title of naval carpenter, he does some works, interventions on various vessels, which do not satisfy him, he wanted to build, but he did not have the money to open a shipyard. Arrigo decides to embark, travels around the world three times, works on ocean liners. He leaves the navigation and gets married.
From 1956 to 1964 he worked at the “San Giusto” factory in Trieste, purchased by Mr. Pertot, former owner of the Piranese shipyard. Arrigo had greater satisfaction with the Craglietto company (1964-1972), where new generation pleasure and racing boats were built, also based on designs by great American naval architects such as Sparkman & Stephens Yacht Design in New York and large designers. Arrigo, after having brought the drawings of the projects to life size, proceeded with his team to build the boat up to the deck, then the master carpenters took care of continuing the work of the interior fittings, according to the needs of the owners.
In this period about thirty winning and very high quality boats were built. In 1970 "GUIA II" was born, owner Giorgio Falk, 13.80 meters by 3.98, who recorded brilliant victories at the Mediterranean championships. Another winning boat is “Il SAGGITTARIO”. And here we are in Androna Santa Tecla, in Trieste, a small squero, where the splendid boats of the Petronio & Pecarich shipyard are built. Arrigo is fully realized, in every sailboat he builds there is his genius, his soul and his heart. His boats hold the sea wonderfully and are fast, always placing themselves in the first places in regattas.
In 1975 "EL RAGUSEO" was born, an elegant sailing boat owned by the owner Claudio Colonna of the Trieste Sailing Society; many victories reported in the various regattas. Another spectacular boat is the "BALANZONE", super light of 1400 kilos, including the rig and lead keel which alone weighs 900, measures 8.99 meters by 3.07, owner Nicolò Ferro of the Trieste Sailing Company. The boat deserved trust, in fact it held the sea very well at the winter regatta in Marseille, in 1977, suddenly a strong wind rose, which created an imposing, vertical sea, the ten-meter French boat sank, in a few seconds, with everything the crew, the only one among the fifth class to conclude the regatta, in that tragic circumstance was the “Balanzone”, 'skippered' by Dani Degrassi.
Arrigo Petronio is an illustrious name, cellenza of the Italian shipbuilding industry. He has built a hundred pleasure boats by collaborating with world-renowned designers, small and large jewels that represent a universal cultural heritage.
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) – Cat. B. Our understanding is that the boat can be upgraded to CAT A.
• Cold Moulded West-System mahogany wooden construction hull, deck and superstructure construction
• White gelcoat topsides and superstructure finish
• Topside paint renewed – 2021
• Teak laid cockpit sole and bathing platform
• Transom Awl grip paint – 2021
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Aifo Iveco 8361 SRM 40 6-cylinder in-line diesel engines turbocharged with intercooler producing 400hp @ 2400 rpm each (800hp combined)
• Freshwater cooling system via raw water intake and heat exchangers
• 2x ZF electronic engines controls with remote control
• 2x engine monitor display
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 750 as of end of 2021
• Date of last engine service – summer 2021
• Max speed 26knots
• Cruising speed 18 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
• V Drive line shaft
• Vetus 24vDC bowthruster
• 4x Volvo interceptors – 2021
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit, 12vDC dedicated circuit and 24v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter.
• 12vDC VARTA service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 24vDC - 2021
• 2x 12vDc VARTA Engines batteries – 2021
• 1x 12vDc VARTA generator start battery – 2020
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt Automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt inverter
• Mastervolt display
• Mastervolt Whisper 8000 KW8 220vAC diesel generator
• Generator hours – approx. 100 as of end of 2021
• 2x 120 Ah engine mounted alternator
• 220vAC shore power system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 2x Shurflo 12vDC high-pressure pump system (one each tank).
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• Hot water boiler 90 litres tank via engine-driven calorifier or via 220v immersion heater element.
• 3x 12vDC electric bilge pump with alarm in the cockpit
• 1x Manual bilge pumps
• 1600 litres fuel tank capacity in 4x tanks
• 800 litres total capacity in 2 water tanks (approx. 550 litres forward tank and approx. 250 litres aft tank)
• Direct inlet for the shore water
• 1x Black water tanks for owner and crew head
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x Raymarine C120 chartplotter multifunction display
• Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot with remote control
• Raymarine ST TRIDATA
• Raymarine Radar
• 2x Steering compass
• Geonav display
• Raymarine VHF with DSC
• 2-burner 220vAC electric hob
• 2-burner gas hob in the cockpit
• Sink with hot & cold water supply
• Front opening 130 litres fridge
• Top opening litres freezer in the copkpit
• Microwave oven
• Electric vacuum flush freshwater head
• Sinks and showers with hot & cold-water supply
• Manual head in the crew cabin
Ari conditioning and ventilation:
• Air conditioning system with inverter for warm air
• LCD TV 14’’
• Blueway DVD player
• TV antenna with twin decoder
• BOSE speakers, 2x in the saloon, 2x in the main cabin, 2x outside plus subwoofer
Summary of Accommodation:
• Master cabin forward with island double berth.
• Up to 2,10m high in the owner cabin forward
• 3x lockers under the bed
• Forward starboard side head.
• Guests bunk beds cabin portside
• Folding ladder with locker down below
• 6 people folding table
• Saloon with U-shaped settee portside.
• Ivory-white leather upholstery
• L shape galley opposite
• Dedicated chart station cubicle on portside
• Crew cabin with one bunk bed and inside head
• Sunbathing area with cushion on the coach roof.
• Bathing platform with teak
• Shore water supply
• Electro-hydraulic gangway
• Led lights throughout
• Underwater led lights
• Diving equipment locker in the bathing platform
• 8 people dining table
• Deck hot and cold shower
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 24vDC 2000W reversing windlass with remote control
• 2x Danfort 25kgs anchor 70 metres chain
• Salt water pump for anchor and chain cleaning
• Ammiraglia spare anchor
• Warps and fenders
• Search light
• Folding bollards amidship
• Fenders locker in the cokpit
• Fenders holder for 4 fenders on the deck
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions and sun-pads for foredeck
• Canvas aft cockpit tent – 2021
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Automatic fire extinguisher in the engine room
Viewing arrangementsLying – Monfalcone, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.