Super-rugged and capable all-weathers cabin RIB with stepped hull and semi-wave piercing hull design. Powered by fuel-efficient twin Suzuki DF-200 lean burn outboard engines to offer speeds of up to 40 knots.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Carson Interceptor range of RIBs draws on the 4 decades of experience Barry Carson has amassed, designing and manufacturing advanced, heavy-duty RIB’s primarily for commercial use. With their plumb, semi-wave piercing bows and multi ‘delta’ stepped hull the Interceptor range is striking in its appearance. The ‘delta steps’ are U-shaped steps, pointing aft which recedes in form as they get to the keel line; leaving a straight, unbroken keel line; unlike other stepped hull designs. With the bow piercing through waves rather than bouncing over waves as other RIB hull forms do the boats are capable of comfortable cruising at significantly greater cruising speeds.
A bespoke, custom built, example of the Carson Interceptor 850, THE DASH was designed with the specific function of providing her owners with a highly capable and comfortable RIB from which they could explore the remoter areas of Scotland’s coastline while being self-sufficient for several days. Her aft cockpit is deep and well-protected, offer a unique drop-down boarding platform on the port side. Below decks she boasts a double berth of more than 6’5” in length along with a full galley and seating area. This Carson Interceptor 850 has and extensive inventory including highlights such as:
• Copperbot antifouling
• 2x Suzuki DF200AP, 200hp outboards
• Lenco trim tabs
• Hydraulic steering
• Dual fuel tanks
• Simard NSS EVO 3 12” MFD
• Simrad 2kw radar scanner
• Simarad RS35 DSC VHF
• Wallas Nordic 85Dt, diesel fired hob with air heater lid
• Lofrans X1 electric windlass
• Rocna 9kg anchor with chain/warp rode
Lying afloat and in commission the Carson Interceptor 850 THE DASH is a unique opportunity to acquire an immensely capable offshore cruising RIB at fraction of todays build cost. She is available for viewing strictly by prior appointment.
Having sailed the west coast for many years, we decided it was time to get from A to B more quickly and not have to fuss quite as much over rain, wind and tide. We wanted to spend more time in our favourite remote places. Taking in the splendid scenery in quieter shallow anchorages, warm and dry, in a cosy cabin with good food and wine. We found a local boat builder in Moray and The Dash was born. It has our essentials. Warm cabin. Good size galley with a great stove. Large comfy bed. Excellent storage space. Plenty of space to sit out. Practical and utilitarian. A great solid boat, made in Scotland, built for us AND the west coast; life changes however and we no longer have the time to use the boat to her potential.
• GRP moulded single piece hull
• Monolithic polyester laminate, hand consolidated
• Internal structure members and bulkheads of marine plywood sheathed in GRP laminate
• Grey gelcoat finish externally
• Copper coat applied below the waterline from new
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Single piece GRP moulded superstructure forming forward bulkhead of cockpit
• GRP moulded self-draining cockpit
• Outboard well and transom GRP moulded
• Alloy framed wheel house roof with bonded in toughened glass screen forward and polycarbonate side screens
• Grey gelcoat finish externally.
• Non-slip painted panels to finish cockpit and side decks
• 2x Suzuki 200hp DF200AP
• 2,867cc, 4-cylinder, 16V DOHC, multi-point sequential electronic fuel injection, 4-stroke petrol
• Full throttle operating range 5,500 – 6,100rpm
• 12VDC, 44amp alternator
• Keyless start system
• Electronic, single lever control
• Power trim and tilt
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engines last serviced 2022 @144hrs
• Port engine hours 190hours @ April 2023
• Starboard engine hours 189hours @ April 2023
• Cruising speed 22-26kts
• Max speed 40kts
Propulsion & Steering:
• 4 blade stainless steel propeller
• Hydraulic manual steering
• Lenco trim tab system
• Self-parking switch
• 12VDC onboard power system
• 230VAC shore power
• Extension lead to connect to shore supply
• Single connection socket
• Flying lead internally with 4 sockets
• Port Engine – 1x 12V, 110Ah, lead acid
• Starboard Engine - 1x 12V, 110Ah, lead acid
• Domestic - 1x 12V, 110Ah, lead acid
• Removable panel, charging house battery only
• Digital voltmeter
• Battery voltage displayed on engine gauges
• Scanstrut USB charging socket at helm
• 12VDC auxiliary charging socket x2 below deck
• Pressurised cold water only
• Tap at galley
• Deck shower by gunwale gate
• Electric bilge pump
• Dual fuel tanks
• Stainless steel tank construction, built in below cockpit sole
• Approximate capacity 250ltrs each
• Total tank capacity 500ltrs
• Tanks plumbed to allow engines to run off either tank or both
• Single fresh water tank
• Approximate total capacity 100ltr
• Fuel level displaying on engine gauges or chart plotter
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Plotter/Radar – Simard NSS EVO 3 12” MFD with 2kw scanner
• Depth – Displaying on Simard MFD
• DSCVHF – Simrad RS35
• Cooker – Wallas Nordic 85Dt, diesel fired hob
• Stainless steel sink
• Cold water tap
• Blown Air – From Wallas hob with fan lid
• Overhead lighting in accommodation
• Reading lights over forward bunk
• Cockpit deck light
• Furniture units constructed of marine plywood, sheathed in GRP laminate and finished in gel-coat
• Carpet linings to hull sides
• Laminate galley worktop
• Foam mattresses for bunk
• Foam pads for seating units
• Non-slip matting adhered to cabin sole
• Double bunk forward with extension cushion to starboard side extending length to 6’5”+
• Mattresses lift to provide access to storage locker beneath bunk
• L-shaped seating unit aft of bunk to starboard side
• Opening locker hatch centrally to provide access to storage locker beneath seating unit forward
• Mounting bracket for removable, fully adjustable table mounted on seating unit
• Storage shelve unit aft to starboard.
• Linear galley along port side with stove inset to worktop centrally.
• Storage lockers beneath worktop
• Wheel Shelter Screen – Port, starboard and aft
• Fitted cushions for cockpit seating
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Bower Anchor – Rocna Vulcan 9, 10m chain and 35m warp
• Electric Windlass – Lofrans X1, 500w with plug in remote control or switch at helm station
• Fenders – Selection
• Mooring Warps - Selection
• Inflatable Dinghy – XL Ventura 200 with airdeck, seat and oars, stows on wheelhouse roof
• Alloy grab rail running around coachroof edge and forming pulpit rail forward, running aft to windscreen.
• Single stainless steel bow fairlead mounted centrally.
• Stainless steel mooring cleats mounted on deck forward, midships and aft
• Full depth storage locker accessed from starboard side of foredeck, chain storing within bottom of locker.
• Anchor windlass mounted on bow to port side.
• Single opening deck hatch mounted centrally on coachroof top.
• Alloy framed windscreen/helm shelter protecting cockpit.
• Self-draining cockpit
• Helm stool to starboard forward, engine controls outboard with engine displays and nav equipment forward.
• Companion way to access accommodation to port.
• Linear bench seat outboard to port with storage locker beneath
• Gunwale gate to port, dropping down to provide bathing/boarding platform
• Bench seat spanning full beam aft. Base cushions lifting to provide access to machinery space with fuel filter, batteries and water tank.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• LED light unit with anchor light and runnings
• Life Rings – x2
• MOB ladder
Lying, Argyll, Scotland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Mark Cameron
Tel: Mobile: +44 (0)7988 763254
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.