2003 CLASS YACHT 53S
€260,000 tax paid
Finot designed aft cockpit blue water cruiser
|Manufacturer/Model||Class Yacht 53s|
|Designer||Jean Marie Finot|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Engine||Yanmar 4JH 120hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||375l|
DescriptionFinot design aft cockpit blue water cruising yacht based in Tahiti fitout specifically for a circumnavigation including uprated laminates with Kevlar reinforcement. Under just her second ownership ZAHIR is now ready for set sail for new adventures.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
ZAHIR is a 4-cabins, 3-heads Finot design high quality ocean fitted with everything a yachtsman could need for long distance blue water cruising. Her specification highlights include:-
• Increased thickness hull laminate with two additional layers of Kevlar for impact resistance
• 3-cabin, each one with a large heads plus a bunk bed forward cabin
• Larger 120hp Yanmar engine
• 3-bladed J-prop folding propeller
• 2.40m lead keel
• Portable Generator
• Solar Panel
• Wind generator
• Spectra watermaker 12vDc 60l/h
• Bow thruster
ZAHIR benefits of recent expenditures for ocean passages:
• Mast painted and check – 2013
• Engine overhauled – 2013
• Mast stepped reinforced – 2013
• Teak deck removed and new Kiwigrip antiskid paint – 2017
• New standing rigging – 2018
• Rudder blade checked – 2018
“I did about 40,000 miles from Greece to Polynesia, so far it has never betrayed me and even in the most complex conditions she was always fast and comfortable. I sailed under almost 50 knots of wind due to an hurricane with foresail and autopilot, the boat was sailing as we where in a summer cruising in Croatia! I was a little worried but the boat never went into crisis. Zahir is fast and stable the hull lines performe in great condition down wind. The hull is a perfect solution for ocean crossing, unfortnately her performance sailing close to the wind are not the same, not that it does not tighten the wind, it does it well, but it does not excel as in the down wind sailing condition.
I’m selling Zahir for a bigger boat for my next project. I think that Zahir is now at the top of her condition with many emprouvements done for long cruising voyages and fast sailing passages”.
• Our understanding is that the yacht complies with RCD and is CE certified for category A – Ocean.
• GRP hull construction using layers of Kevlar for added impact resistance
• Stainless steel reinforcement is built into the main bulkhead to spread chainplate loads
• White gelcoat finish – to be serviced
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure
• Non-slip deck finish on the deckhouse and cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The lead bulb/fin keel is bolted to the structural cross-grid, with the nuts accessible through the cabin sole.
• GRP rudder blade with semi-skeg
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 120hp diesel engine
• Approx 4,600hrs run as of summer 2019
• Overhauled at approx. 3,000hrs
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Shaft drive gearbox
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 blades J-prop folding propeller
• Wheel steering with hide covered stainless steel helm wheel
• Vetus bow thruster
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter
• 6x 12vDC 100Amh services batteries joint in parallel for 24vDc
• 1x 12vDc Engine start battery
Charging / Inverter:
• 12 vDc Quick engine battery charger
• 24 vDc Mastervolt service batteries charger
• Inverter Victron 1200w - 2015
• 24vDc 100A Prestoline engine mounted alternator for service batteries - 2017
• 3,8 kw portable generator
• 220v AC shore power system with ring main
• Solar Panels 470w with power regulator Victron - 2015
• Wind generator 400w with power regulator – 2018
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 24vDC pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in 25 litre well-insulated hot water tank
• Cockpit shower
• Spectra watermaker 12vDc 60l/h - 2012
• 24vDC electric automatic bilge pump for main bilge
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 375 litres fuel capacity in one grp tank - 2017
• Tank gauge at chart table
• 375 litres fresh water capacity in one grp tank - 2014
• Tank gauge at chart table
• Black water holding tank
• 2x grey water tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarien chartplotter
• Raymarine Autohelm autopilot – 2014
• Raymarine Raytheon authopilot
• Raymarine windex – to be serviced
• South Atlantic WindVane Self steering autopilot
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine Radar
• SSB radio Radio icom modem pactor dragon 7800 2018
• Iridium satellite phone
• AIS transponder wi-fi – 2018
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven - 2019
• 12vDC top-opening refrigerator
• 12vDC top-opening freezer
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• 3x marine electric heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to heads and showers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Three double cabins plus three heads with further bunk berth in the forward cabin.
• Bunk bed forward cabin.
• Large owner’s cabin with one hanging lockers starboard side with port side bed.
• Owner’s cabin heads forward with shower.
• Saloon with u-shaped settee and central bench seat
• Linear galley opposite saloon to starboard.
• Starboard side chart table with dedicated chart seat forward to starboard.
• Forepeak workshop space.
• Twin double aft cabins. Additional pullman berth in port cabin.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light mahogany wood.
• Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
• White upholstery throughout
• Aluminium alloy spars black painted
• Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of spreaders
• Standing rigging new 2018
• All control lines led aft to the cockpit
• Adjustable mainsheet track in cockpit
• Lazyjacks with stackpack
• Bamar electric Genoa furler
• Rigid vang
• Bamar hydraulic backstay
• Retractable staysail – 2014
• 14x Spinlock clutch
• 2x pole
• 2x Harken 56.2 St power 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
• 1x Harken 48.2 St power 2-speed self-tailing
• 1x Harken 48.2 St 2-speed self-tailing
• 1x Harken 56.2 St 2-speed self-tailing
• One Sails full batten dacron main sail – 2019
• One Sails furling dacron jib – 2019
• Staysail- 2014
• Gennaker A2 North Sails with snuffer
• Pulpit and pushpit have opening for easy access on board
• Swimming ladder
• Gangway with guardrail
• Outboard bracket
• Fishing rod holders at pushpit
• Cockpit table
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 24vDC Lofrans Tiger 1500w anchor windlass with remote control - 2017
• Bruce 20kg Inox AISI 316 anchor with 100m 10mm SS chain
• Delta 27kg spare anchor
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood - 2017
• Bimini – 2017
Tender and outboard:
• Yamaha 8CV two strokes engine
• Yamaha 15CV two strokes engine
• 3m dinghy - 2016
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying: Tahiti
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.