Umberto Felci designed performance bluewater cruising yacht configured for effortless push-button sailing. Hull No.2 of four FY71’s built by CN Yacht 2000.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
From the board of Umberto Felci and with construction by the renowned CN Yacht 2000 shipyard in Italy (now Ice Yachts), MARDOR is the second of four of the semi-custom Felci 71’ line constructed between 2006 and 2008.
First placed into use for the 2007 season, MARDOR boasts full composite construction with hydrid glass/Kevlar vacuum-infused laminates and carbon reinforcements and bulkheads, coupled with a Hall Spars carbon mast complete with carbon fibre furling boom. With all control lines led aft to the helm cockpit and controlled via push-button Cariboni hydraulics or via Harken powered carbon-top winches, MARDOR can be sailed quickly and effortless with the smallest of crews.
Below decks, MARDOR has a versatile interior layout featuring an amidships master double cabin, VIP forward cabin, further aft guest cabin and forward crew cabin. Access below decks can be made via either the aft helm cockpit companionway (with a chart table below decks), or via the main guest cockpit companionway. The beautifully executed interior is finished in light oak with Corian counters and leather upholstery.
MARDOR boasts many specification highlights including:-
• Composite hull construction with carbon fibre bulkheads
• Hybrid carbon fibre and Kevlar deck construction
• Wateright bulkhead forward
• Aft tender garage with hydraulic passarelle/crane
• 3.3m draft stainless steel fin keel with lead torpedo bulb
• Cummins 335hp diesel engine with Brunton 4-bladed Varifold propeller
• Retractable hydraulic bowthruster
• Onan 17.5kw generator with hydraulic PTO for powered systems
• Hall Spars carbon mast with carbon fibre inboom furling – hydraulic powered
• Cariboni hydraulics for inboom furling, genoa furling, genoa and stay tensioners, bowthruster and aft tender garage with electric and manual control
• Millennium Sails monolithic carbon/Kevlar sail wardrobe
• Furling drifter set of furler plus gennaker set on retractable carbon bowsprit
• All control lines led aft to helm cockpit with Harken carbon powered winches
• Guest cockpit forward, free of sail control lines
• Three guest cabin interior plus crew cabin with full beam master and VIP cabins
• Chart table and engine spaces accessible via helm cockpit companionway
• Teak interior joinery
• Twin watermakers – 220vAC and 24vDC
• 72,000BTU reverse cycle air-conditioning system
• B&G Hercules navigation instruments
• Updated Raymarine Axiom plotters with radar
• Twin autopilots with hydraulic ram
• SSB transceiver
• Iridium satellite phone
• Fleet broadband satellite communications
• Satellite TV system with transom mounted dish
• Miele galley equipment plus additional gas stove for use under passage
• Dishwasher and washer/dryer
• AB aluminium 3.80m RIB tender with 30hp outboard
• Sanguinetti retractable mooring capstan winch
The objective of MARDOR was to realise a dream ‘To Be Free’, without the dependence on crew. The yacht can be very easily sailed by just two and this is how most of her cruising has been. From MARDOR’s aft cockpit, she is easily controlled using hydraulics, furling sailing and powered winches, and from this cockpit, you can also easily and quickly access the navigation station and the machinery spaces.
MARDOR is a beautiful boat to sail, especially to windward where she has a very soft and kindly motion through the seas, while downwind, her furling drifter sail or gennaker offers an enviable turn of speed allowing MARDOR to eat up the sea miles quickly and without fuss or drama. As a boat to have family adventures and potentially circumnavigate the globe, MARDOR would be a fantastic candidate.
All four examples of FY71 Fast Cruiser are characterised by a “Mediterranean” typology, created for living comfortably both inside and on deck.
Starting from the same basic hull different deck designs have been studied in order to satisfy both tastes and racing ambitions.
MARDOR is one of the most modern solutions, characterized by a wide stern deck, a very generous rigging cockpit located fairly well aft and intended to give greater efficiency during long offshore cruisers. The electronic devices are extremely comprehensive, and the interiors are classic in style, in line as far as possible with the requirements and tastes of the owner.
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC as (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
• Composite construction using glass/Kevlar and epoxy resins with core-cell sandwich to avoid noise
• Carbon fibre bulkheads
• White painted topsides
• The deck is a composite construction made of carbon fibre to enable the lighter construction
• Topsides sprayed in white paint
• Side decks and cockpit laid in teak.
• Carbon fibre bulkheads
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Superstructure sprayed in white paint
• Composite construction using carbon/Kevlar and epoxy resins with core-cell sandwich
• Side decks and cockpit laid in teak.
Keel & Rudder:
• Stainless steel fin keel with lead torpedo bulb
• Glass kevlar balanced rudder with foam core and tubular stainless steel stock
• The rudder is supported by two self-aligning bearings
Engine & gearbox:
• Cummins 315hp 6-cylinder turbo-charged and intercooled diesel engine.
• ZF gearbox with Aquadrive and PSS shaft seal
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Rubber vibration damped engine space
• Twin racor fuel/water seperators plus Racor filter between main and day fuel tanks
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 2,000hrs as of summer 2023
• Engine serviced annually
• Complete engine overhaul at 1,600hrs
• Cruising speed – approx. 9.5-10 knots
• Maximum speed – approx. 12.5 knots
• Range at cruising speed – approx. 1,000Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
• Shaft drive with stainless steel shaft
• Bruntons Varifold 4-bladed folding propeller
• Max-Power 300 hydraulic retractable 25kw bowthruster
• Twin helm pedestals with custom laminated wood rimmed carbon fibre helm wheels
• Hydraulics for inboom furling mainsail, genoa furler, bowthruster and aft tender garage with 3x hydraulic pumps
• Hydraulic PTO from generator
• 24vDC primary domestic system with 24vDC starting circuit and 220vAC via shorepower, generator or inverter.
• 32x 6vDC service batteries joined in parallel and series to supply 1,600Ah @ 24vDC – 2020
• 4x 24vDC engine and generator start batteries
• 12vDC battery bank for emergency powering of VHF and SSB (located above bilge level)
Charging / Inverter:
• 3x Mastervolt 24/100 100Amp automatic battery chargers for primary services
• Mastervolt 24/100 50Amp automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt 30Amp automatic battery charger
• Mastervolt MASS 5,000 5kw inverter
• Onan Marine QD 17.5Kw diesel generator
• Hydraulic PTO
• Generator hours – approx. 2,000 as of summer 2023
• Generator serviced annually and completely overhauled at 1,600hrs.
• 24vDC 130Amp high-output engine mounted alternator for services
• Secondary engine mounted alternator
• 110vAC and 220vAC shorepower systems
• 50Hz/60Hz power stabilisation transformer
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressurised fresh water system with 2x Gianneschi fresh working in parallel
• Hot water supplied by engine-driven calorifier and 220vAC 2,000w immersion heater element in well-insulated 80 litre hot water tank.
• Direct shore connection for fresh water with pressure reducer
• 2x Gianneschi 24vDC salt water pressure pumps
• HP450 220vAC revere-osmosis watermaking producing approx. 450 litres per hour - 2021
• Schenker 24vDC reverse osmosis watermaker producing approx. 150 litres per hour – 2019
• 2x automatic bilge pumps in the sail locker
• 2x automatic bilge pumps central main bilge
• 2x automatic bilge pumps in engine room
• 2x automatic bilge pumps in aft technical compartment
• 2x automatic bilge pumps in aft lazaret
• 1x manual bilge pump
• Safety emergency engine driven high volume bilge pump
• Approx 1,950 litres of total fuel capacity
• Approx 1,000 litres fresh water total capacity
• Approx 200 litres black water tank capacity
• Approx 170 litres grey water tank capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hercules Race system with 8x 20/20 displays (4x at mast and 4x in cockpit)
• 2x B&G Hercules multi-function displays in cockpit
• B&G manual wind displays in aft helm cockpit
• B&G autopilot with gyrocompass with remote control
• Raymarine autopilot with gyrocompass with remote control
• Marsili hydraulic autopilot ram with electric release
• 2x Raymarine Axiom 12’’ plotters at aft helm cockpit – 2019
• 2x Raymarine Axiom 7’ chart plotters in the central cockpit – 2019
• Raymarine closed array radar scanner on transom antenna pole
Below the deck:
• 5x B&G Hercules multifunction displays (at chart table, in saloon and in accommodation cabins)
• 1 Raymarine Axiom 12” plotter – 2019
• 3x Raymarine Axiom 7’’- 2019
• Computer with 18" screen and printer
• Furuno ICS6 Navtex display with independent antenna and integration to computer system
• Sailor Iridium satellite phone system
• Sailor Fleet33 satellite broadband communications system
• Simrad VHF with DSC and 3x handsets
• Sailor VHF with DSC and 100w signal amplifier with external handset
• 2x independent VHF antennas
• Sailor 250w SSB transceiver
• GSM mobile phone antenna with amplifier at masthead
• WiFi access point
• Miele 220vAC ceramic hob with Miele extractor fan above
• Miele 220vAC oven
• Miele 220vAC microwave oven
• Alpes Innox 4-burner gas stove with oven – hidden in closed compartment when not in use.
• Miele 220vAC 24-setting dishwasher
• 4x Frigomar fridges with 220vAC/24vDC dual voltage compressors
• Frigomar 233 litre freezer
• Twin inset sinks with fresh and salt water supplies
• Tecma 24vDC electric fresh water heads
• Hot & cold pressurised fresh water showers
• Miele 220vAC washer dryer
Heating & Ventilation:
• Condaria 220vAC reverse cycle air conditioning system with 72,000 BTU output and 8x fancoil units. Digital thermostat controls and outlets in all cabins digit thermos in every cabins
• LG LCD TV 45’’ with retractable stand
• 3x LG LCD TV 32’’ including one for use in cockpit
• HiFi system with speakers
• Seatel satellite TV receiver with decoders in each area
• Sky decoders
• FM/TV aerial
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 guest berths in 3-double cabins plus 3-heads with crew accommodation complete with ensuite forward
• Teak interior joinery throughout
• Teak soleboards with contrasting holly inlay
• White leather upholstery
• Corian counters at galley and heads
• White padded deckhead with wooden strips
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Separated from master cabin heads via watertight door and accessible from deck.
• Single berth with ensuite heads and shower
VIP Cabin Ensuite Heads:
• Forward of VIP cabin with heads and shower.
• Full beam guest cabin with offset double berth to starboard.
• Settee seating to port can be converted to a bed
• Hanging lockers to port and starboard.
• Large u-shaped settee seating to starboard with seating/dining for up to 10.
• Desk area/workstation opposite to port with retractable TV
• Aft of saloon area to port.
• U-shaped galley configuration with electric appliances plus further gas stove with oven
• Accessed aft of saloon on starboard side.
• Full beam cabin with centreline double berth.
• Ensuite heads with separate shower cubicle.
• Hanging lockers and second navigation station to starboard
• Access through to aft navigation station and accommodation areas
Port Aft Guest Cabin:
• Accessible from aft cockpit or through to main accommodation via master cabin.
• Twin berths
• Ensuite shower with heads.
• Opposite port aft guest cabin to starboard.
• Accessible from helm cockpit via companionway
• Accessible to main accommodation via door to master cabin.
• Full sound-proofed machinery space access from navigation area aft to starboard.
• Hall Spars carbon fibre mast – white painted
• Keel-stepped fractional rig with 3-sets of swept back spreaders
• Marten carbon fibre boom with hydraulic inboom furling system – white painted
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole 9m – presently in Italy
• Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Split backstay with PBO terminals
• Hydraulic genoa furler
• Manual staysail furler on removable stay with hydraulic tensioner
• Manual furler for drifter on removable stay set to bow anchor fitting
• Retractable carbon fibre bowsprit for use with gennaker
• All mast control line and halyards led aft to cockpit
• Removable inner forestay for storm jib
• Harken deck gear
• Navtec 5-way hydraulic control panel connected to Cariboni hydraulic backstay, genoa halyard, genoa forestay tensioner, staysail stay tensioner and vang. Electronic and manual controls for all cyclinders with push-buttons at port and starboard helms
• Control system allowing angle of vang to be automatically set prior to furling of mainsail
• Spinnaker pole
• 6x Harken carbon-top self-tailing electric winches positioned around aft helm cockpit
• Millenium Sails carbon/Kevlar monolithic fully-battened 148sqm mainsail
• Spare main sail
• 2x Millenium Sails carbon/Kevlar monolithic furling 109sqm genoas (summer and winter sails)
• Millenium Sails carbon/Kevlar monolithic furling staysail
• Millenium Sails carbon/Kevlar monolithic furling 160% drifter
• Storm sails
• Central guest cockpit with large U-shaped bench for 10 people.
• Cockpit table with folding leaves, height adjustable on electric pistons, to create large sunpad area.
• Cockpit fridge
• Transom antenna poles for radar, satellite phone antenna and satellite TV antenna
• Solimar flush deckhead hatches
• Retractable hydraulic passarelle with garage access crane functionality.
• Aft tender garage with large aft hydraulically door. For storage of outboards and water toys.
• Aft sunbathing area with built-in teak platform.
• Removable carbon swim ladder.
• Salt-water shower on swim platform.
• Tender chocks on foredeck for RIB tender stowage using halyards for launching/recovery
• Fibreoptic lighting for cockpit and bulwarks
• Spreader up and down lighting
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans 2,500w 24vDC electric reversing anchor windlass with remote control
• 80kgs CQR anchor with 160m of chain
• Sanguinetti 2,000w retractable mooring windlass
• Warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood with stainless steel frame with cockpit enclosure
• Bimini with stainless steel frame
• Sunbathing cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• AB380 3.80m aluminium bottomed inflatable RIB tender
• 2x 25hp 2-stroke outboard engines
• 50 litre dive compressor system with charging for up to 6 dive bottles
• The boat is equipped with a 40’ container with spare parts and sails
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 406Mhz EPRIB
Lying Preveza, Greece
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.