2010-model, Spanish registered, stylish 3-cabin, 1-heads cruiser/racer, presented in very good order and with lots of useful updates including bowthruster and larger 55hp engine. Possibility to take over the berth in Ibiza.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Dufour 40 became an instant legend when first launched and won the prestigious French Boat of the Year at the Paris Boat Show. She cleverly combines great sailing performance (so good that a 40 won the 2005 IMS World Championship in the IMS 670 class) with ease of handling and cruising comfort.
ARADIA’S specification highlights include:
• Owner’s cabin layout with larger forward cabin, twin double guest cabin and one aft heads.
• Teak laid side decks, coachroof and cockpit
• Larger option Volvo Penta D2 55 4-cylinder inboard diesel engine.
• Saildrive gearbox with 3-blade folding propeller.
• Sleipner Sidepower bowthruster
• Carbonautica carbon fibre helm wheels
• Recent navigation updates including Garmin plotter in cockpit and Raymarine i70 repeaters in cockpit and at mast
• Electric anchor windlass.
• One Sails carbon racing mainsail and genoa
• Elvstron laminate cruising sails
• North Sails symmetric and asymmetric spinnaker with furler
• Spinnaker pole
• Facnor sub-deck genoa furler
• German mainsheet system
• Harken winch package with 6x self-tailing winches
• All control lines led aft to cockpit
• Stackpack and lazyjacks plus low-friction battencars for mainsail
• Homatro hydraulic backstay adjuster with textile backstay
• Victron shorepower, battery charger and solar panels
• Interior ventilation fans
• Top and front opening refrigerator
** Note – There is the possibility to take over the existing marina berth in Ibiza. Please contact us for further details **
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive 94/25/CE and is categorised A – Offshore.
• The hull is hand-laminated fiberglass with vacuum bagged PVC foam core above the waterline.
• The boat is designed and built to the Bureau Veritas (BV) standard - a European standard of quality.
• White gelcoat finish.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The deck is built with two moulds and an injected resin transfer process resulting in a 30% lighter, yet stronger deck.
• Teak laid sidedecks, cockpit seating, cockpit sole and coachroof.
• Teak raised toe rail.
Keel & Rudder:
• Cast iron fin keel externally bolted with acid-resistant stainless-steel bolts.
• Balanced GRP rudder blade.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine producing approximately 55hp @ 3,000rpm.
• Volvo saildrive gearbox.
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced - 2018
• Freshwater cooled exhaust manifold and seawater cooled exhaust elbow.
• Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat.
• Single lever gear/throttle control.
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – estimated to be approx. 105 as of Spring 2023.
• Date of last engine service – July 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Sleipner 12vDC bowthruster
• 3-bladed folding propeller.
• 2x Lewmar helm pedestals with Carbonautica carbon steering wheels – 2022
• 2x Lewmar spare helm wheels
• Emergency steering gear
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower.
• 12vDC sockets in cockpit
• 2x 12v service batteries – 2021
• 1x 12v engine start battery – 2021
• 1x 12vDC bowthruster battery – 2021
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron 12v/220vAC battery charger
• 2x USB socket at Chart table Blue Sea 2022
• 1x 12v socket at Chart table Blue Sea 2022
• 12v – 115A engine mounted alternator.
• Victron 150w solar panel array with charge regulator - 2022
Charging / Inverter:
• Victron 220vAC shorepower with ring main and interior 220vAC sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in a well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC electric bilge pump.
• 1x manual bilge pump.
• Approximately 200-litre fuel capacity in one tank.
• Approximately 360 litres of fresh-water capacity in 2x tanks.
• Approximately 80 litres black water holding tank capacity.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raytheon E90 GPS chart plotter at chart table
• Garmin GPSMap widescreen chart plotter at helm – 2022
• 3x Raymarine i70 mast-mounted repeaters – 2018
• Raymarine ST60+ tridata and wind displays at port helm
• Raymarine i70 multi-repeater at port helm – 2009
• Raymarine ST60+ tridata and wind displays at starboard helm
• Autohelm autopilot control head at starboard helm with X30 Smartpilot course computer
• Twin steering compasses
• Raymarine Ray VHF radio with DSC and second station handset for cockpit
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven.
• 12vDC top and front opening refrigerator.
• Twin stainless-steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold-water supply via a mixer tap.
• Salt-water supply pump at sink.
• 12vDC Jabsco electric flush marine head - 2022
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to head and shower
• Glass mirror replaced by polished aluminium
• 12vDC ventilation fans in all cabins
• LED lights throughout
• Night courtesy lights in the kitchen and saloon
• LG CD radio stereo system
• Nertz saloon and cockpit speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in 3 double cabins plus occasional settee berths in saloon. 1-heads.
• Light Moabi mahogany joinery throughout.
• Wenge soleboards
• Alcantara upholstery in saloon
• Roman blinds for saloon side windows
• Oceanair deckhead blinds
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Owner’s cabin forward with large double berth.
• Storage beneath the berth.
• Hanging locker and shelving.
• Cupboard forward.
• Opening deckhead hatch.
• Rectangular shape hull portholes.
• Additional hanging locker space and aft-facing vanity to port in lieu of forward heads.
• Glass mirror replaced by polished aluminium
• The saloon features a large U-shaped settee to port with storage beneath.
• To starboard is a single settee berth with storage beneath.
• Both sides have outboard lockers and shelving along.
• Hull portholes.
• There is a large central opening deckhead hatch and portholes.
• Aft of the saloon to port is the L-shaped galley with a 2-burner cooker with oven.
• Cool box with fridge unit.
• 2x Stainless-steel sinks with hot and cold pressurised water system via mixer tap.
• Storage above and below the worktop including drawers and cupboards.
• There is an opening portlight above.
• The Navigation station is to starboard with a large chart table, storage within, navigator’s seat with further storage beneath, space for navigation equipment, books etc.
• Electrical control panel and gauges and space for mounting electronics
• 2x USB socket Blue Sea 2022
• 1x 12v socket Blue Sea 2022
Aft Day/Guest Heads:
• Positioned to starboard aft of the chart table is the day/guest head.
• Marine manual flush toilet – 2018, connected to the holding tank.
• Moulded basin and worktop with hot and cold water and shower with drain pump via a mixer tap/shower head.
• Opening portlight gives light and ventilation.
• Two mirrored double aft cabins.
• Hanging lockers and shelving.
• Opening hatches and portlights.
• Sparcraft anodised aluminium alloy spars.
• Fractional rig keel stepped mast with 2-sets of swept-back spreaders.
• Holmatro hydraulic backstay adjuster with Technora textile backstay.
• Dyform stainless-steel wire standing rigging – professionally inspected 2022
• Harken deckgear
• Mainsail track on back of mast with low-friction battencar/sliders
• Facnor subdeck manual genoa furler.
• All control lines led aft to the cockpit.
• German mainsheet system with adjustable mainsheet track forward of helms.
• Sparcraft rigid boom vang.
• Spinlock jammers.
• Aluminium spinnaker pole.
• Gennaker equipment with Selden furler
• Dyneema and Spectra halyards
• 2x Harken 46ST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit.
• 2x Harken 46ST 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches in cockpit.
• 2x Harken 40ST 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway.
• Harken winch handles - 2022
• One Sails carbon taffeta racing mainsail – 2016
• One Sails carbon taffeta racing genoa – 2016
• North Sails spinnaker – 2018
• North Sails furling gennaker – 2018
• Elvstrom laminate cruising mainsail – 2012
• Elvstrom laminate cruising genoa – 2012
• Stainless steel pulpits and pushpits
• Stainless-steel bow roller fitting
• Stainless-steel guardwire stanchions with Tecnora textile guardwires - 2022.
• Cabin roof teak grab rails.
• Electric-operated transom bathing platform
• Bathing ladder.
• Hot and cold-water shower in the cockpit
• Outboard bracket
• Removable cockpit folding teak table - 2022
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 12vDC electric reversing anchor windlass with remote control handset
• Delta anchor with 50m of 10mm chain and 40m Gleistein warp
• 8 x Fender with custom covers - 2022
• mooring warps.
Cushions, Covers & Canvas:
• Spray hood with stainless steel frame.
• Bimini with stainless steel frame.
• Sun awning.
• Helm wheel covers.
• Elvstrom stackpack for mainsail with lazyjacks.
• Winch covers
• Covers for mast repeaters.
• Exterior cockpit cushions with two sets of covers
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Liferaft 6 pax
• 406Mhz EPIRB
Lying Ibiza, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Lucio Pellegrini
Tel: +34 675 236 174
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.