Danish built performance cruiser, comprehensively refitted and upgraded throughout her current ownership to meet the rigid requirements of Offshore Category 1 races.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
KRONE ONE is an extremely well-equipped seaworthy performance cruiser, first owned by the famous Danish sailor Jesper Bank, gold medalist in the Olympic Games, former world champion and skipper in the America’s Cup.
Jesper opted to work together with the Danish shipyard Faurby Yacht A/S and they upgraded the original version of the Faurby 396 to one that is more in tune with high performance cruiser racing. Faurby has long since been established to deliver the best quality design in their models. They have also been known for this high level of semi-custom craftsmanship as evidenced by the visual quality of their many yachts. KRONE ONE is hull No.1 of the upgraded version of Faurby 396 Jesper Bank Edition and Hull no.24 of Faurby 396 model. Thanks to her relatively narrow waterline, lightweight carbon fibre rig, reprofiled rudder and torpedo keel, her displacement is reduced to just 6,000kgs (2,000kgs ballast), including teak decks and luxurious mahogany interior.
Constructed and launched in February 2010 KRONE ONE participated in may 2010 in Palby Fyn Cup (Baltic sea) and ranked 1st, skippered by her owner Jesper Bank. In 2012 the boat was sold to her second owner in Denmark, who has used it very lightly and only in the Baltic Sea until 2017 when the boat was sold to the current and third owner.
Throughout the whole 2018 the boat was sailed by the latter from the Baltic sea to Burgas, on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, where in 2019 and 2020 she participated in local Black Sea inshore and offshore races, usually ranking in the first three places both on IRC and ORC handicap systems.
In 2021 the boat was the winner in Aegean600 double handed class where during the last two days she was sailed in Beaufort 8 conditions.
In 2020 and 2021 the boat was thoroughly prepared and equipped in order to participate in the Ostar transatlantic race (Plymouth UK to Newport USA). After two postponements the race was finally held in 2022, the boat started and was in leading position during the first week but did not finish and retired from the race due to autopilot electronic failure. Then she was sailed single-handedly by the skipper to Valencia where she currently lies.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Lead torpedo T-keel
• Teak laid side decks
• Nordic carbon fibre mast and boom
• Harken deck gear with ball-bearing battencar system for mainsail plus single-line reefing system
• Holmatro hydraulic backstay adjuster
• Selden carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• Andersen electric primary winches
• UK Sailmakers laminate mainsail and genoa plus further sails including Code 0
• Volvo D1-30 engine with Saildrive gearbox and Flex-o-Fold 2-bladed propeller
• Carbon fibre helm wheel
• Watt & Sea hydrogenator
• Solar panels
• Upgraded Raymarine instruments including twin GPS plotters, AIS and autopilot
• Nexus mast-mounted repeaters
• Iridium Go satellite system with external antenna
• Webasto diesel heating
• Holding tank
• LED lighting
• Mahogany joinery
• Alcantara upholstery
• Extensive safety equipment package including liferaft and EPIRB
KRONE ONE is now reluctantly offered for sale due to owner’s poor health. She is Belgian flagged, and EU VAT paid in Denmark.
When purchasing KRONE ONE at the end of 2017, we had ambitious plans for participation in offshore races, including the toughest of them transoceanic Ostar/Twostar and the rest of the time to cruise in the Mediterranean. Unfortunately, due to unexpected heart surgery we were discouraged to fulfil our plans of sailing KRONE ONE on prolonged offshore passages.
Faurby 396: Wolf in sheep's clothing
The new Faurby 396 Jesper Bank Edition, which is in action today in the Big Boat Challenge, is a delight on the carbon fiber steering wheel. Jesper Bank, who will use it for cruising and racing, has left strong fingerprints on the boat.
For 20 years, Jesper Bank has hardly been on a sailing holiday. He has now succeeded with new Faurby boat.
We tested her a few weeks ago…
…We get the giant steering wheel, which is made of carbon fiber, as the light, rigid mast is from Nordic Mast in Aabenraa. It's quality and it costs extra…
…It is a wolf in sheep's clothing, we conclude. You can also not see that Faurby 396 Jesper Bank Edition, on the advice of Jesper Bank, has got a lighter and deeper keel on. The rudder has also become smaller. All to provide less water resistance, explains Jesper Bank.
We pull the steering wheel in a turn, and the boat responds promptly, testifying to vivid sailing characteristics. It should also be mentioned that the boat is only 3.37 meters wide. Narrow and beautiful lines are the hallmarks of Faurby Yachts.”
Extracts and translation from review by MinBaad - 2010
• RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP hull and deck construction;
• Galvanized steel frame for transferance of rigging and keel loads;
• Stainless steel chainplates;
• White gelcoat hull and deck finish;
• Teak cockpit sole, seating and side decks;
• Open stern
Keel & Rudder:
• Hydrodynamically designed fin keel with steel shaft and T-profile 400kg lead bulb
• The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
• The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass with aluminium rudder stock.
• Rudder and keel inspected prior to leaving Burgas for OSTAR.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D1-30 2-cylinder 30hp diesel engine
• Volvo sail drive. Sail drive diaphragm replaced 2018
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Stainless steel single lever throttle/gear control in cockpit at steering wheel pedestal
Maintenance & performance:
• Engine hours: Estimated 2500 hours as of summer 2022
• Date of last engine service: May 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Jefa wheel steering system with extra large carbon steering wheel.
• Flexofold 2-bladed folding propeller.
• Custom emergency steering tiller
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• Engine start battery dual 75ah - 2021
• 4 domestic batteries 80ah joined in parallel – 2021
• Marine battery switches.
Charging / Inverter:
• Battery charger Victron Centaur 30ah
• Victron Inverter
• Victron battery data monitoring system – 2021
Solar and Hydrogeneration:
• Watt & Sea 300 Hydrogenerator
• 2x solar panels on coach roof.
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
• Shore power supply with ring main and 2x220vAC sockets in interior
• 2x 12vDC sockets at chart table and 1 on port settee in the saloon.
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressure system with pump;
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
• 2x manual bilge pumps - one on deck and one below deck
• 12vDC high electric bilge pump below deck
• 12vDC shower drain pump
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit
• All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
• 80 litres diesel capacity
• Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
• 150 litres fresh water capacity
• Analogue water tank gauge at chart table
• 40 litres of Black water holding tank servicing aft heads
• Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine digital colour GPS chart plotter AIS display – 2019
• Raymarine autopilot control with linear drive - 2019 with remote control
• Raymarine electronic compass
• Raymarine i50 wind display with transducer – 2019
• Nexus depth display with transducer – 2010
• Large display Nexus instruments repeaters at mast – 2010
• Nexus autopilot – requires service/replacement
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine E120 digital colour GPS chart plotter display – 2010
• AIS Type-B transceiver – 2018
In Master Cabin:
• B&G MFD display - 2017
• Raymarine VHF with DSC – 2018
• Icom handheld VHF
• Iridum go satellite system mounted on cradle at chart table with external Iridium antenna mounted om starboard stern - 2018
• Stainless steel sink with single lever mixing tap.
• 2-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
• Top-opening fridge with 12vDC compressor
• Manual Jabsco head on starboard aft side behind the chart table
• Heads shower with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto diesel-fired hot air heating system with outlets to companion hall, aft cabin and head. Aft cabin can also be heated directly when running the engine.
• Ventilation consisting of three large opening skylights and opening portlights in all cabins, companion saloon and head
• LED interior lighting in front cabin in companion salon and above galley and chart table
• Red night lighting at chart table
• Sony radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cabin with full length double berth plus hanging open locker with hangers;
• Forward cabin - V shaped full length berth elevated with very big open locker underneath for sails storage; Side settees with hangers open locker and hangers for clothes;
• Saloon - two full length saloon settees L shaped with beautiful wooden mahogany table with folding leafs
• All Marine grade waterproof mahogany wood is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
• Specially selected solid mahogany wood frames and doors.
• All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
• Ceiling, topsides in wood;.
• Cabin sole wood boards bolted;
• Locker doors have stainless steel hinges and can be easily removed;
• Cushions in high quality foam with first class alcantara upholstery in ecru colour. There are transport and racing light acushions in dinette, currently on the boat. The originals are stored but are included in the sale package.
• Bedding and mattresses
• Beige upholstery in accommodation cabins
• Mosquito for all three hatches and side portholes in the aft cabin and the head.
• White cloth curtains
• V-shaped berth with lead lamps each side;
• For peak sealed locker;
• Big open locker under the V-shape berth for sails storage;
• Twin settees (currently removed for providing additional sails storage space but will be resituated);
• Spacious saloon with large dinette;
• The settees have the added capability to convert to full marine berths for extra accommodation when removing the back side and are equipped with lee cloths;
• Additionally there is an arrangement to use the wooden passerrelle instead of lee cloth or for storing heavy luggage as ballast on windward berth when beating to windward;
• Saloon table made of solid mahogany wood with folding panels that can be locked when folded with holders for 5 wine bottles;
• Various storage hanging lockers above settees;
• Under the port settee is the battery bank and diesel tank;
• Under the starboard settee is the fresh water tank;
• Solid wood grab handles on both sides and on the companion way;
• Two big hatches and side portholes which provide abundant light and fresh air.
• Forward facing chart table, located to starboard with chart storage and navigation electronics centre.
• Settee with storage underneath;
• Cupboard and drawers below the chart table.
• L shaped galley located to port comprising of gas hob with oven and grill, 1 fridge open from above, stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap.
• Numerous storage lockers in tops;
• 3 drawers to port;
• Cupboard with drawers;
• Storage with waste bin under sink;
• Head’s compartment with shower, wash hand basin, sea toilet, storage/vanity unit. Is it located aft to starboard behind the chart table;
• Located to port;
• Double berth;
• Settee with hanging open locker with hangers with storage underneath and under the sole as well;
• Cabinet below bed and seat, storage along hull side.
• Nordic Mast carbon mast and boom;
• Keel-stepped mast version with 2 sets of swept-back spreaders;
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2010 – professional inspected and tested 2018
• Backstay with Holmatro hydraulic adjuster;
• Bartels Genoa furler with furling drum mounted below deck. (For avoiding leakage the furling line originally passing below deck was reinstalled to pass above deck);
• Solid boom vang arrangement;
• Harken genoa tracks on coach roof;
• Harken mainsheet traveller (Installed forward of the steering wheel);
• Fully-battened mainsail system with Harken ball-bearing battencar system on mast-mounted track;
• 3xsingle line reefs (2 of them inside boom) with horn;
• Spinlock clutches;
• Selden heavy-duty padeyes amidships and aft for spinnaker sheets and blocks;
• Selden carbon spinnaker pole, horizontally stowed on starboard. Can be used both with symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers;
• Spinnaker track on mast with uphaul and downhauls;
• Equipment for symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers;
• Almares dyneema halyards and sheets - 2021.
• 2x Andersen 46 ST 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Andersen 40 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker winches
• 2x Andersen 40 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing winches on coach roof
• UK sailmakers Mainsail laminate double-taffeta fully-battened mainsail with 3-reefs – 2020
• UK sailmakers furling genoa laminate double-taffeta with vertical battens and luff pad 3-reefs – 2020
• UK sailmakers genoa 3 laminate double-taffeta – 2020
• UK sailmakers storm jib - 2021
• UK sailmakers trysail - 2021
• UK sailmakers furling Dacron genoa with battens and three reefs for transport - 2020
• UK sailmakers Code 0 - 2022
• Elvstrom light mainsail racing sail 1 reef - 2010
• Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit;
• Stainless steel guardwire stanchions;
• Guard wires;
• Stern boarding ladder;
• Stainless steel bracket on stern for mounting of Hydrogenerator;
• Stainless steel brackets on starboard side fore deck for storing of spinnaker pole;
• Stainless steel construction post for radar mounting on port stern quarter. (Radar was sponsorship and removed after the race);
• Hot & cold shower in cockpit (to be repaired the outlet);
• Removable cockpit table, stored in locker;
• Stainless steel anti-wear plate on foredeck;
• Teak bulwark;
Covers & Canvas:
• Blue canvas mainsail cover;
• Blue Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and grab rail;
• Blue canvas steering wheel;
• Blue canvas for spinnaker pole
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 12vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control - 2018
• Rocna 15 kg anchor with 40 meters of chain and 30 meters of warp
• Spade 10 kg secondary anchor with 50 meters of nylon warp;
• Stainless steel bow plate - 2021
• stainless steel mooring cleats 3x2 on side decks including mid ships
• Fore and aft mooring lines, spring lines
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• LED Navigation lights - Lopolight -2021
• Masthead anchor light
• LED steaming light
• Liferaft – 4-man suitcase liferaft in cockpit locker or below deck – last service 2022
• 406Mhz EPIRB
• 1 Horseshoe buoy with lights
• Offshore automatic danbuoy
• Webbing jackstays on both side decks;
• Aft -mounted active radar transponder both for X and S band;
• Throwing line;
• First aid kit;
• 3 lifejackets Spinlock automatic with Spinlock tethers
• 3 fire extinguishers - two below deck and one on deck;
• Fire blanket;
Lying Valencia, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Lucio Pellegrini
Tel: +34 675 236 174
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.