With both cruising and racing set-ups, FORREST GUMP III is a hugely successful example of the all-Italian collaboration between renewed Felci Yacht Design studio and construction by Adria Sail.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
FORREST GUMP III (launched as NEERA) is a great opportunity to acquire an iconic Felci 49 performance cruiser design in great condition and with a fantastic specification. Her highlights are many and include:
• Composite hull
• Carbon fibre mast and boom
• Lead T-bulb keel with stainless steel fin
• Larger 75hp engine
• 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
• Retractable carbon fibre bow sprit
• Hydraulic adjustment for backstays, vang, outhaul
• Air conditioning
• Electric winches
• Shore VAN
• Gottifredi Maffioli running rigging (racing and cruising mode)
• Webasto air heater
• Gel Batteries
• Led lights
• Carbon fibre gang way
• Larger aft cabin lockers
FORREST GUMP III is available with a Opel Movano van and all the spare parts.
NOTABLE RACING RESULTS:
- 2° at the Regate Internazionali di Alassio, 2014;
- 2° at the 151 Miglia, 2021;
- 2° at the Primo Cup 2014, Monaco.
The 49’ produced by Adria Sail, saw the creation of five boats in this series that were externally identical but characterized by elements of personalization in the internal lay-out and style.
The first yacht of the series, Fast Forward, has had a highly successful cruising career and at the same time has behaved most creditably in different typologies of regattas in which the owner and his crew, have taken part.
The most gratifying was the victory in the 500 x 2 which was won by Andrea Mura and Guido Maisto with the Adria 49 Vento di Sardegna, as well as the numerous victories of Ars Una and Neera in a variety of IRC and IMS regattas in the Mediterranean.
• FY49 ARS UNA winner in ORC 1-2 ORC MEDITERRANEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2013
• FY49 ARS UNA winner in ORC ROMA X TUTTI 201
• FY49 ARS UNA winner in IRC 1 ORC ROMA X TUTTI 2010
• FY49 NEERA winner GIRAGLIA – Trofeo Challenge Bellon 2010
The philosophy of this project is to produce a yacht that offers performance, safety and comfort.
Only if these three elements are taken into consideration at the same time and only if their perfect synergy is sought for a long time, it is possible to create a yacht that really satisfies owners, sailors and guests.
The needs related to the absolute speed of the boat, control and safety influenced all the choices made, starting from the water lines of the hull, from the hydrodynamic analysis of the appendages to the study of the structure and the sail plan.
In terms of plant engineering, construction methodology and detail, an in-depth synergistic work between Adria Sail and Felci Yacht has made it possible to research and create cutting-edge solutions, certainly unique for boats of this size, always with the ultimate goal of maximum simplicity. management, ease of maintenance and immediacy of control.
At the origin of Adria Sail Custom Yachts there are the passion and competence of its founder, the architect Maurizio Testuzza who, in over two decades of activity, has outlined a way of working and producing boats that has always stood out for excellence. quality, innovation and high technological content.
Adria Sail built some of the most iconic performance cruiser of the last two decades: the Felci Yacht 49, the Reichel/Pugh Nauta 59 KER, the Felci Yacht 80 IKAIKA,. The Frers MANDRAKE and the B-Yachts B52 GENIE of the LAMP as well as the Grand Soleil Custom 80 ESSENTIA and the brand new 72 and the Felci Yacht Design Scuderia 50 and 65.
• Our understanding is that this yacht complies with the RCD and is categorised A – unlimited offshore.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Composite construction in Kevlar and E-glass with epoxy
• Topsides sprayed in paint
• Side decks and cockpit laid in teak – repainted 2012
Keel & Rudder:
• T-bulb keel with steel fin – CNC milled to Felci design
• Lead ballast bulb
• Balanced rudder with foam core and tubular steel stock
• The rudder is supported by two self-aligning bearings.
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH4-TE, four cylinders turbocharged diesel engine producing 75hp @ 3,200rpm
• Freshwater cooling engine cooling
• Single lever throttle control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – TBC
• Engine serviced – serviced yearly
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2x GORI three blade folding propellers
• Bow thruster – disassembled for racing purpose needs to be re-installed
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 12vDC service battery bank
• 12vDC AGM engine start battery
• 12vDC AGM generator start battery
• 12 V 100 A automatic battery charger for service batteries.
• 12vDC 125Amp engine mounted alternator
• Shore power cable
• The outlets in all cabins have 230V.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressurised fresh water system
• Hot water supplied by engine-driven calorifier and 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank.
• Electric automatic bilge pump
• manual bilge pump in cockpit
Black / Grey Water:
• Waste water drains into tanks that pump to a stainless steel black tank.
• Level switches are fitted to each tank.
• The black water can be pumped to shore, overboard or be exhaust by an hole in the deck.
• 300 litres fuel capacity in two stainless steel tanks with individual level indicator
• 500 litres fresh water capacity in two stainless steel tanks with individual level indicator
• Black water stainless steel tank with electronics level sensor
• Reverse osmosis water maker to be installed on board
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Ramnarine Hydra touch GPS chart plotter.
• 4 x 20/20 display in a carbon fiber jumbo at the mast
• 3 x Raymarine dsplay at the coach roof
• VHF with DSC.
• Top opening frisge
• 2 heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with showers
• Electric heads
Air and heating system:
• Air conditioning with dedicated fan coil for each cabins
• Webasto air heating
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in 3 cabins plus saloon.
• Light wood interior joinery with sandwich construction – replaced in 2019
• Light wood floors
• Synthetic stone counters in galley and heads
• Blue upholstery in saloon
• Spare racing flooring
• Master stateroom forward with double bed at centre.
• Ensuite bathroom with shower stall at bow.
• Two Double guest cabins aft.
• L-shipe Galley.
• Spar built by Hall Spar. Faired and painted black.
• Carbon fibre intermediate modulus mast, with luff track for mainsail.
• Carbon fibre spreaders.
• Tuff Luff forestay for racing mode
• Furling forestay for cruising mode
• Two spreader rig with discontinuous rod-rigging by Navtec
• Uni Directional Dyneema backstay
• CARIBONI 3 way manual hydraulic unit with fast release for the vang.
• Carbon fibre retractile carbon fibre bowsprit
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing winches for the main
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing jib/gennaker winches.
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing halyards winches.
• Electric winches can be installed for cruising mode
• Main sail ZAOLI Carbon-tafta - new
• Square top main carbon fibre North Sails - 2011
• Main sail tafta Zaoli Sails – 2015
• Main sail North Sails Kevlar – 2007
• Genoa heavy Zaoli Sails - 2007
• Genoa light Borth Sails carbon fibre – 2010
• Genoa furling tafta
• Genoa 3 North Sails – old
• Genoa 4 North Sails – 2021
• Genoa 5 Zaoli sails – 2012
• Furling staysail
• Code0 Zaoli sails Kevlar/carbon/Kevlar – 2016
• Gennaker A1 North Sails – 2011
• Gennaker A1 North Sails – 2010
• Gennaker A2 North Sails – 2010
• Fractional Gennaker heavy with snuffer Zaoli sails – 2016 lightly used
• Fractional Gennaker heavy race – 2017
• Storm sail
• Carbon fibre Passarelle
• Bathing / Swim ladder:
• Bimini top
• 2x awning
• Garage: Storage space
Tender and outboard engine:
• 2,80m tender
• 5hp outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Life jackets
• Firs AID kit
Lying: Sardinia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.