Supremely elegant Sport version of the Franchini 63 successful semi custom mini-series. AYAME’ 3 is just under the second experienced owner and now for sale as a turn key solution.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENT:
Five Franchini yachts 63 have been built out of the collaboration between Massimo Franchini and Doug Peterson Yacht Design. Three of them has been launched has L (Leaving) version, the owner two as S (Sport) version. AYAME’ 3 is the second of the S version launched and the last of semi-custom mini-series.
AYAME’ 3 is now under the second experienced ownership. Her specification highlights include:-
• Carbon fibre mast
• Park avenue carbon fibre boom
• Electric winches
• Electric genoa and Code0 furler
• Double cockpit
• Teak deck
• Full beam owner’s cabin aft
• 16kW Generator
• Induction hub galley
• Home theatre Bose sound system
• Electric operated folding swimming platform
• Centre guests cockpit with sun decking area aft
AYAME’ 3 underwent a refitting program in 2019 with:
• New standing rigging.
• New hull paint.
• New teak deck.
AYAME’ 3 is now back in the market as her owner planned to go for a fresh new project.
Sporty version that combines performance and space. Layout and materials are chosen by the owner. A great class boat for blue water adventures. For some years also a manufacturer of motor boats, the heart of Franchini with ancient roots continues to beat for sailing. In the latest creation he managed to synthesize his story with a current and fresh design, all with balance and elegance.
Vela e motore, April the 1st 2008
The first Shipyard Franchini was founded by shipwright Michele Franchini (also known as Guido) in 1947 in an old “Hangar” war surplus, on Riccione’s harbour. Initially, orders were mainly work and fishing boats that helped to make known “Guido” in the seafaring environment of the Adriatic coast as one of the most attentive and quick makers of wooden boats with particular sturdiness and elegance.
It was in the late 50’s that “Guido” invented the “beach cutter” a boat inspired by the racing drift type Flying Dutcham that thanks to their flat bottom could arrive up to the sandy beach in Riccione and upload the waiting tourists. Some of these boats are still in service along the beaches of Romagna.
In the early sixties thanks to the economic boom and the particular condition at the time of Riccione as fashionable resort destination of many “VIP”, “Guido” Franchini began to work on creating some interesting recreational boats and yachts including the “Black Hawk”, a schooner particularly appreciated both at sea and in the various events in which over the years has had the opportunity to participate.
Among the many distinguished clients in the mid-sixties, a certain Norberto Ferretti, who had asked him to turn an old wooden fishing boat in a pleasure motor-sailor. It was at this time that, to support the rebirth of the Yard, Massimo Franchini joined the company and the company was called Shipyard Franchini by Franchini Michele and Sons snc. The newly graduated architect brought its culture of young designer eager to practice his ability to understand of an increasingly large and demanding clientele.
Thus was born the “FORM 37”, later renamed “ADRIA 37”, the first of a generation of modern motorsailers, that while maintaining and emphasizing the qualities of roominess and comfort of the previous craft production, allowed a true sailing thanks to a hull without compromises with great balance and amazing performance: of this boat were produced over forty specimens. A respectable number considering the size of the market and the “handcrafted” structure of the company at that time.
The road was traced and, aware of the need to ensure and consolidate the reputation already acquired in the field of the cruise sailboats, Massimo Franchini, after having experimented with several other custom projects from 47 to 60 feet, some of which definitely more “forward “compared to the historical moment, he decided to focus on the design and to a young designer from Trieste, who was distinguished himself in the fields of race, Roberto Starkel, to draw a hull capable of supporting a new idea of motorsailer characterized by a real apartment for the owner and by a clear distinction between areas for guests and for those maneuvers, all concentrated in “only” 45 feet. It was called “ATLANTIS 45” to emphasize the research for a new world and a new way of navigate with a sailboat.
• Our understanding is that the vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Balsa core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fiberglass mat, uni-directional roving and mat/ roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up uni-directional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
• Teak laid side decks, coachroof and cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• Cast iron one peace fin keel.
• GRP rudder-blade.
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar LHA-DTE direct injection turbo-charged diesel engine producing 190hp @ 3300 RPM
• Hydraulic gearbox
• Freshwater cooled engine
• Single lever engine control
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 300hrs as of Spring 2022
• Cruising speed- approx. 8 knots
• Maximum Speed – approx. 9,5 knots
• Date of last engine service: 2021
Propulsion & Steering:
• Gori 3-bladed feathering propellers
• 3 bladed spare propeller
• Wheel steering with stainless steel steering wheel.
• Rudder angle indicators
• Bowthruster with control at helm
• 12vDC start battery systems, 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, generator or inverter
• 12vDC engine start battery
• 12 x 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel to supply 24vDC
• 12vDC generator start battery
• 2x Mastervolt battery chargers
• 12/1200 Mastervolt inverter
• Engine mounted alternator
• Mase singe fase diesel 16kv generator
• Date of last engine service: 2021
• 230v shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 60 litre hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
• 2x Gianneschi fresh water pumps
• Deck showers at the swimming platform
• 12vDC electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Approximately 1800 litres
• Disassembled, cleaned and checked the sea water filters for engines and the generator, replaced all the pipes - 2012
• Fresh water capacity is approximately 1200 litres
• Holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
In the cockpit:
• 2x Ramnarine Hybrid touch chart plotter at the steering columns
• 1x Ramnarine Hybrid touch chart plotter at the coachroof
• Raymarine wind station
• 4x Raymarine i70 display at the steering column
• Raymarine p70s autopilot control
• 2x steering compasses
• Scanner array radar
At the nav station:
• 1x Ramnarine Hybrid touch chart plotter
• 2x Raymarine i70 display at the
In the master cabin:
• Raymarine i70 display
• 2x Raymarine Ray 90 VHF with DSC
• Satellite internet communication system
• Induction cooker with 3-burners oven & grill , well gimballed with fiddle rails
• Miele microwave oven
• 2x front opening fridges
• 1x front opening freezer
• Electric marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with thermostatic showers in heads
• Hoover washing machine
Air conditioning and heater:
• Webasto air heater system
• Climma air conditioning system with remote control in every room
• LED cabin lighting
• Schenker 200lt/h reverse osmosis watermaker
• CD radio with speakers in master cabin with speakers
• LCD TV with DVD in master cabin
• Bose home theatre CD radio with speakers in saloon
• LCD TV with DVD in the VIP cabin
• CD radio with speakers in the cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Master cabin aft with centreline island double berth.
• Ensuite heads with shower cubicle
• Raised saloon to starboard with dining seating for 6 people
• Navigation area to starboard
• Galley to port with twin sinks, stove, fridge and freezer.
• Forward VIP cabin to port with ensuite head with shower cubicle.
• Crew bunk bed cabin port side with heads compartment with shower
• Forward convertible sails peak
• All interior woodwork in varnished oak
• Floor is varnished wenge wood
• White vinyl headlinings with teak battening.
• King Spars white painted carbon fibre mast
• Keel stepped mast with 3-sets of swept back spreaders
• King Spars white painted park avenue e carbon fibre boom
• Rod standing rigging – new 2019
• Harken Battcar Switch systems
• Side harken staysail rail
• Bamar eletric genoa furler
• Bamar eletric Code0 furler
• Split backstays
• Bamar rod vang
• Folding bowsprit
• Hydraulic unit for backstay, vang and outhaul
• Winch package by Harken
• 2x 2-speed power self-tailing primary winches
• 2x 2-speed power spinnaker winches
• 2x 2-speed power self-tailing halyards winches
• 1x 2-speed powercontrol line winch
• Sails are service annually
• Doyle Furling genoa – 2018
• Doyle Full batten main sail – 2018
• Carbon fibre furling genoa
• Stay sail
• Doyle Furling Code0 – 2018
• Stainless steel pulpit & pushpit
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Bathing platform
• Carbon fibre folding pasarelle
• Cockpit table
• Boom lights and bridge lights
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans 2,000w 24vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control
• Anchor chain counter
• Salt water washing chain pipe with pump
• 38kgs CQR primary anchor with 10m of 12mm galvanised chain
• 40kgs Bruce spare anchor
• 8kgs Fortress anchor
• Fenders with fender covers & warps
• Search light
• Electro hydraulic folding bathing platform
Tender & Outboard:
• Inflatable tender
• Outboard engine for tender
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood with stainless steel frame
• Wheel cover
• Steering wheel column cover
• Cockpit cushion
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Automatic fire extinguisher system
Lying La Spezia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.