Semi-custom, all-purpose, 3-cabin, 3-heads ‘T-Top’ version of the new Franchini 63, delivered with the highest possible specification. MIA has been lightly used and professionally maintained since launch and was recently displayed at the 2023 Cannes Yachting Festival.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
MIA offers a stunning combination of modern design, latest cruising features and legendary build quality from the renowned Italian Franchini marque. With hull lines designed by Roberto Prever of Studio Naos in Trieste, exterior styling by Marco Veglia and interior layout and design by Massimo Franchini, MIA has been conceived to offer sporty and comfortable all-weathers cruising with plenty of space for overnight stays.
MIA boasts many specification highlights including:-
• Twin Volvo IPS 950 750hp engines with 30 knots performance capability
• Volvo Dynamic positioning system
• T-Top cockpit configuration with structural bimini
• Galley on the main deck
• Hydraulic high-low bathing platform
• Hydraulic passarelle
• Tender garage with 3.45m Williams jet tender
• 3-cabin, 3-heads interior layout with full beam amidships master cabin
• Whisper Power 8.5kw generator
• Up to 10hrs autonomy from generator via inverter systems
• Simrad navigation instrument with domotic controls
• Reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Walnut interior joinery finish
MIA 63 is built with the highest respect for the environment with the use of cutting-edge materials and solutions, to obtain a boat-product that responds to the highest level of sustainability.
The first, fundamental innovation concerns the use of nanotechnologies in the formulation of resins through a patented process that allows highly improved results in the structure, which is more rigid and lighter, making it fireproof and significantly reducing vibrations and sound propagation. The use of Volvo IPS engines streamlines performance and reduces fuel consumption by improving overall efficiency.
State-of-the-art electronics, cutting-edge systems in boating, intelligent management systems and a wide range of rigid and inflatable “toys” make MIA 63 the new frontier of the planing motoryacht.
Port of Riccione, over seventy years ago. The shipwright Michele Franchini, known as Guido, in love with the sea and gifted with a good nose, decides to start his business. The nascent seaside tourism is the right propellant: he thus creates an artisanal company for the construction of small fishing boats and boats for the pleasure of vacationers who love Mina and the dolce vita. Leafing through the album of memories, here comes a young architect who graduated in Florence with the teaching of the master of nautical design Pierluigi Spadolini. His name is Massimo Franchini, son of art: it is 1977. Without disavowing the artisan spirit of the company, Massimo transforms the yard into a modern production unit. The goal is to design and build offshore cruising sailboats that can be enjoyed around the world. From the exclusive production of magnificent sailing ships to the design of timeless motoryachts, the step is short: Massimo Franchini, thanks to his strong technological propensity and having made research a real mission, first introduced, we are in 1996, the SCRIMP: Seemann Composites Resin Infusion Molding Process, the technology of vacuum infusion of fiberglass for the production of hulls and superstructures. As always, what comes from what: and this is how, after more than twenty years of success, what is universally recognized as the most elegant Mediterranean "lobster boat" takes light, the year of grace 2004. Nomen omen: the Latin phrase is right for us, because the name of the boat, Emozione 55, suggests what this boat can offer. Research, travel, experiences abroad, especially in the States, they make Massimo Franchini a revolutionary in the nautical world: his way of producing boats in full respect of the environment and with the highest quality standards is recognized at any latitude. Today there are four hundred sailing ships and motoryachts designed by Massimo Franchini that the owners hold dear and that are rewarded on the second-hand market. But the story does not end here.
Since 2017, Cantiere Navale Franchini has been part of the Industrie Cecconi Group, heavily engaged in the production of energy from renewable sources and in the investment in start-ups and advanced technology companies operating among other things in nanotechnologies and high-end construction solutions. efficiency.
The relationship between Cantiere Navale Franchini and the companies of the Cecconi Group has generated a virtuous spiral of requests, research and applications, in an effective mutual exchange of knowledge, objectives and results, all aimed at improving the product and optimizing its construction, its construction quality and its safety and ease of use.
“I had great freedom, I had fun” MASSIMO FRANCHINI tells me. And it shows. Few compromises, a coherent project, MIA 63 is a boat with a strong character. It brings with it the seventy years of nautical history of which the Franchini family is a witness, but also shows the ability to interpret, from an original point of view, what the market is asking for at this time.
The dimensions are important, almost twenty meters long and almost thirty tons of displacement, but everything is based on a clear, livable, open deck. No heavy superstructures, no high flyers. It is a large open protected in its central area by a T-top which represents a type of boat in which many shipyards are trying their hand at, with mixed fortunes.
The set-up includes a large C-shaped sofa oriented aft towards the external galley. The various layouts also include the kitchen below deck and the main deck with two small opposing sofas.
Here the lines are taut, the freeboard low, the bow aggressive. A few references to classic runabouts and a hint also to lobster boats. A cultured boat, for advanced owners. It is no coincidence that Franchini's design path passes from sailing to “motorsailers”, also passing through the world of pure engines. MIA 63 collects and interprets all this in a modern key. I liked it, she is beautiful to see on the quay, she is beautiful when she sails and, above all, she keeps the sea well. Day of almost flat water, in front of the port of Ancona.
An important load on board, eleven people and full tanks almost to the brim. Despite this, MIA 63 showed great agility, the ability to tack tightly, but never in a nervous way, without losing laps in a noticeable way. The transition from displacement to glide is almost imperceptible with a fairly contained pull-up. Even the sheer numbers are good because with two IPS 950s we reached a speed of 30 knots, and above all we traveled in maximum comfort at a cruising speed of 22 knots, consuming 8.3 liters / mile. There is also the possibility of having two more powerful IPS in the engine room, the 1050, a choice that in light of these numbers does not seem indispensable to me. Seen from the outside, one has the impression of a boat centered on the outside, but the interiors are also decidedly large. Consistent with the philosophy of semi custom boats, these are widely customizable.
The model we tested had three cabins (plus crew) and three bathrooms. "The principle remains that the boat must remain a boat with clearly nautical-naval elements and with an obsessive attention to the functionality and safety of the spaces, because those on board must always be aware that they are at sea and must be able to regulate themselves consequently », Massimo Franchini tells us.
• Our understanding is the Franchini 63 design conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorized A — "Ocean".
• Please note - MIA is categorized B on request of her owner. We have been advised that this can be updated to Category A upon request of a future owner.
Hull & deck Construction:
• Vacuum-infusion glass fibre epoxy construction
• Sandwich core material: high density composite foam
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo Penta D11 IPS 950 10,8 liters 6 cylinders engines producing 750hp, 1,500hp both @ 2,400rpm
• 22 knots cruising speed 8,3 litres/mile consumption
• 30 knots max speed
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 300 as of end of 2022
• Date of last engine service – summer 2022
Propulsion & Steering:
• Volvo Penta Dynamic Position System
• Volvo EDC electronic throttle controls
• Bronze propellers.
• Volvo Trim tabs with remote control
• Hydraulic steering system
• 25vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via inverter
• 1,100 Amp AGM 12vDC service batteries bank
• Engines start battery banks
• Generator start battery
• Bowtruster battery
Charging / Inverter:
• 2x DC PowerCube 24 V - 150 A Whisper Power battery charger / power supply.
• WhisperConnect (CANbus) connection
• AC PowerCube 24 / 14000 14w inverter
• Whisper Power Piccolo 10 8.5 KW generator
• 2x engines mounted alternators
• 220vAC shore power connection
• 220vAC sockets throughout interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 24vDC high-pressure pump system
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• 80 litre calorifier driven by engine or via 220v immersion heater element.
• Automatic electric bilge pumps
• 3x GRP fuel tanks plus day tank for a total of a total of 3,000 litres of fuel
• 2 GRP water tank for a total of 1,000 litres of fresh water
• Black water tanks
• Grey water tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Simrad 19’ touch screen chart plotter with domotic control
• Simrad multifunction display
• Anchor control
• Search light control
• Volvo Penta control
• Volvo Penta Assisted Docking control system
• Intruder control
Below the cockpit:
• Whisper Power domotic system control touch screen
• Simrad VHF with DSC
• Galley on the main deck
• Electric hob with 4x burners
• 2x front opening fridges
• sinks with hot & cold pressurised supply
• ice maker
• 24vDC electric heads
• Bidet in all heads
• Sink with hot & cold water supply
• Dedicated shower compartments with thermostatic hot & cold pressurised showers
Heating & Ventilation:
• 220vAC reverse air conditioning system in all cabins
• Up to 10 hours with A/C under inverter
Other Domestic Equipment:
Summary of Accommodation:
• Black walnut wood finish, back lights panels and hemp-coloured fabrics
• VIP cabin forward. Hanging locker to starboard and portside
• Ensuite heads aft to starboard with dedicated shower cubicle.
• Day heads opposite to port.
• Access to twin cabin aft to port with hanging locker
• Owner full beam cabin with ample stowage, cabin cubicle, ensuite head with shower cubicle
• Crew cabin aft with dedicated access from the main deck
• Black walnut wood finish
• Back lights panels
• Hemp-coloured fabrics
• Hydraulic passarelle
• Deck shower
• Electro Hydraulic operated bathing platform
• Teak cockpit table
• Led lights
• Hard T-Top with folding cover
• Deck cushion
• Carbon fibre pools for awning
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Custom made folding electro hydraulic anchor arm
• 24vDC anchor windlass with custom bow fitting
• Anchor with chain
• Aft electric mooring windlasses to port and starboard
• Mooring cleats
• Warps & fenders
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying La Spezia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.