2008 GIEFFE 53
€290,000 tax paid
Comprehensively refitted and upgraded - 2016
|Designer||MP Design Studio|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Hull Construction||E-Glass Sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||600l|
Launched in 2008, this is the owner’s second Gieffe 53. Fitted out with the more practical 2.55m keel (standard draft is 2.70m) and extensively refitted in 2016, she is presented for sale in fantastic condition. Highlights of her 2016 refit include:-
• Resprayed hull
• Overhauled teak deck
• Serviced and inspected standing rigging
• Resprayed mast, boom and spreaders
• Fitment of electric furling jib
• Fabrication and fitment of carbon fibre fixed bowsprit
• Fitment of retractable bowthruster
• Complete installation of Raymarine electronics
• New TV and stereo system
• New galley configuration and equipment
• New chart table configuration and equipment
• New heads compartments with electric heads
• Complete overhaul and update of interior with reconditioned joinery, upholstery, floors and headlinings
• Overhaul and replacement of most electrical systems
• Complete overhaul of Yanmar engine and saildrive unit
• New cockpit cushions and canvas
• Cose 0 - bought in 2017
Now offered for sale as her owner would like to go larger, GONZALES offers an excellent opportunity to buy an ‘as-new’ and fully refitted performance aft cockpit cruiser for a fraction of the price of a comparable new build.
The yard, specialised in the production of custom designed boats, is entering the market for the first time with the launch of limited edition models.
This alluring 53' cruiser-racer expresses new concepts in design and functionality. It has a racer cockpit with clever guides for the platforms and with the option of a garage tender and a navigating bridge afterdeck worthy of a much larger vessel. The soft deckhouse line is without continuity solutions, as exemplified by the refined porthole design.
The slender and elegant hull has a powerful shape, and a noteworthy, streamlined stern transom that contrasts with an almost vertical bow post. The new GY 53 is at once a break with, and a reminder of tradition. The elegantly finished and comfortable interiors complete the picture of a boat that doesn't shy away from the admiration it deserves.
Gieffe Yachts represents a coming together of operators with more than thirty years experience in the yacht construction sector, the yard is run by a young and dynamic team of managers and technicians who strongly desire to bring a breath of fresh air to the sector. The "Gieffe Yachts" team has located its new operating base in an industrial zone south of Bergamo, in the heart of Lombardy.
Inside the shipyard is a high-tech atelier equipped to work with advanced composite materials. Of particular note is a modular drying plant which can accommodate the after-care of manufactures of up to 24 metres in length at temperatures of 120°.
The design projects are entirely developed in a three-dimensional environment in order to benefit from the most modern computer simulation and numerically controlled realization techniques.
• CE Certification - A
• Hull built on female mould, entirely of multiaxial and unidirectional fibers and in glass resin matrix epoxy vinyl-impregnated wet and cored Corecell - 25 mm thickness with different densities.
• The adhesion of the sandwich ensured by application of the "vacuum bag" and the post-curing at controlled temperature ensure the stability in time of the laminate.
• Longitudinal and transversal reinforcements from above the waterline down.
• Carbon reinforcements along all the longitudinal members
• The bulkheads and interior furniture are all laminated into the hull structure.
• The bulkheads are all made of fiber sandwich and Corecell with the same modalities of the hull and then coated in wood veneer.
• Hull epoxy treated – 2016
• Hull topsides sprayed grey - 2016
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Same hull construction, with full of reinforcements in way of through deck fittings.
• Carbon fibre reinforcement in the mast foot area.
• Hull join bolted internally and externally.
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit seating & cockpit sole – teak overhauled and recaulked – 2016/17 (grey caulking to match hull topsides)
Keel & Rudder:
• Stainless steel keel with lead bulb, attached to hull with stainless steel bolts – shallow (2.55m) keel (2.70m is standard)
• Balanced rudder of unidirectional glass and biaxial epoxy glass, vacuum bagged and oven cured
• Stainless steel rudder stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH3 4-cylinder 75hp diesel engine – approx. 350hrs run
• Engine completely overhauled 2016 – approx. 60hrs run since
• Saildrive gearbox – overhauled 2016
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
• Yanmar engine control panel - 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
• Max-Prop 3-bladed folding propeller
• Max-Power 12vDC retractable bowthruster – fitted 2016
• Jefa twin wheel steering with universal joint steering connection
• Emergency tiller.
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
• 1x 100Ah 12vDC gel engine start battery – 2016
• 3x 140Ah gel service batteries joined in parallel to supply 420Ah @ 12vDC
• 2x Optima Yellow AGM 12vDC batteries for bowthruster, genoa furler and windlass – 2016
• Mastervolt battery monitoring systems for 12v system at DC panel
Charging & Inverter:
• Mastervolt MASS Combi automatic battery charger & inverter - 2016
• 12vDC Engine-mounted alternator
• 220v shore power with isolator and circuit breaker
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element – hot water tank replaced 2016
• Jabsco Paramax pressure pump - 2016
• Hot & cold pressurised cockpit shower
• 3x Electric bilge pumps located in sail locker, main saloon bilge and aft compartment locker.
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• Electric shower drain pumps
• 340 litres fuel capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks – removed, cleaned, checked and refitted with new tubing and seals - 2016
• 600 litres fresh water capacity structural water tanks
• 130 litres plastic black water holding tank with electric discharge
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine C90W colour GPS chart plotter in cockpit – 2016
• Raymarine wind, speed, depth and log displays with repeaters - 2016
• Raymarine autopilot – actuator and display head replaced 2016
• Steering compasses
• Raymarine VHF with DSC - 2016
• 3 burner gas stove with oven & grill – 2016
• Siemens stainless steel microwave oven
• Stainless steel front-opening refrigerator – Frigoboat compressor replaced 2016
• 2x Tecma 12vDC electric freshwater heads - 2016
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
• Fusion stereo system with speakers in saloon and cockpit - 2016
• LCD TV in saloon – 2016
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths plus crew in double master cabin, two twin aft cabins and one settee berth in saloon. 2 heads.
• Sail locker forward with fittings to become crew berth (new mattress 2016)
• Master cabin with centreline double berth and double hanging locker
• Ensuite heads compartment forward with shower and heads
• Saloon with U-shaped seating to starboard and twin seats to port with central table.
• Galley aft of saloon area to starboard with L-shaped countertop
• Chart table area opposite saloon area to port
• Two twin aft cabins with double hanging lockers
• Aft days heads with shower
• High quality light wood joinery with contrasting dark wood trim.
• Dark wood floors
• White panelled headlinings
• Light cloth upholstery
• White Corian counters in galley and heads
• Lightweight aluminium alloys spars – resprayed white – 2016
• Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Carbon fixed bowsprit - 2016
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – infra-red tested 2016
• Hydraulic vang and split backstays with control unit in cockpit
• German mainsheet system
• Low-friction mainsail track on mast with battencar system
• 12vDC Bamar recessed electric jib furler - 2016
• I = 22.00m, J = 5.87m, P = 21.00m, E = 6.80m
• 160sqm sail area
• 6x Andersen self-tailing winches in cockpit with 1x electric halyard winch
• Carbon laminate mainsail – 2008 – good condition
• Carbon laminate jib – 2008 – good condition
• Code 0 - 2017
• Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
• Swimming ladder
• Tender garage for 2.50m tender with electro-hydraulic opening transom door
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC anchor windlass
• CQR anchor with chain
• Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Stackpack mainsail cover
• Sprayhood – 2016
• Bimini - 2016
• Cockpit cushions - 2016
Viewing arrangementsLying Rosignano Solvay - Tuscany - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.