2001 GRAND SOLEIL 40
€95,000 tax paid
Good spec, much loved GS40 from 2001
|Manufacturer/Model||Grand Soleil 40|
|Designer||Duck Design - Massimo Paperini|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 3JH3E 39hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||300l|
DescriptionFRA PAOLELE is a much-loved and very lightly used Grand Soleil 40. She is the perfect value for money fast cruiser with low maintenance costs and she is able to host 5 guests for easy handling cruising. She just had two owners, the last one since 2010.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Designed as an easy-to-sail performance cruiser, the Paperini-designed Grand Soleil 40 is equally at home family cruising as she is racing around the cans or offshore. The ergonomics of the entire cockpit are nearly perfect. The seats are wide and comfortable with well-angled coamings, and the teak cockpit sole is attractive and provides secure traction. Low coamings and long teak handrails make it easy to go forward, and the helm station is excellent. There's an especially nice spot to windward when the breeze is up; the wheel pedestal is angled to make a splendid foot brace. Even shorter skippers will have good sight lines over the low cabintop.
FRA PAOLELE is a 2-cabin, 2-heads owner version of this very popular Italian performance yacht. Her specification highlights include:-
• 2-cabin, owner version with big shower portside
• Larger 39hp engine option
• Max Prop three blades propeller
• 2.40m lead keel
• Performance rig with 3-sets of spreaders
• 6 Harken winches
• Simrad instruments with chart plotter
• LCD TV in saloon
• Eberspacher heating
• Tender and outboard
“The Grand Soleil 40 is a nice example of a noted Italian builder's response to the trend toward "performance cruising." If your middle years are no longer over the distant horizon, if you love to race or just cruise fast, if you want luxurious accommodations after a hard day's work rounding the buoys or rounding a headland on an extended cruise, the Grand Soleil 40 is a boat to consider.”
Sail Magazine – September 2004
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
• GRP hull construction using 12 layers of unidirectional cloth, vinylester resin and isophthalic gelcoats
• Structural grid with six longitudinal stringers, five transverse ribs, and bulkheads.
• Stainless steel reinforcement is built into the main bulkhead to spread chainplate loads
• The hull-to-deck join is bonded with structural epoxy
• White gelcoat finish
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure
• The hull-to-deck joint is bonded with structural epoxy
• Deck fittings are backed by integral stainless plates moulded into the deck, drilled and tapped to accept the bolts.
• Non-slip deck finish on the deckhouse
• Teak deck
• Teak capped toe rail
Keel & Rudder:
• The lead bulb/fin keel is bolted to the structural cross-grid, with the nuts accessible through the cabin sole.
• GRP rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 3JH4E 3-cylinder naturally aspirated 39hp diesel engine
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Saildrive gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours approx.. 1223 as of November 2018
• Date of last engine service – August 2017.
• New S-drive membrane – August 2017.
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 blades folding propeller – S-drive mebrane changed in 2015
• Wheel steering with large diameter helm wheel in cockpit
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 2x 12V 100Ah service bank – new 2017
• 1x 12V 75Ah engine start battery – new 2016
Charging / Inverter:
• 60Ah Mastervolt battery charger
• 12V 80A engine mounted alternator
• 220v AC shore power system with ring main
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in 25 litre well-insulated hot water tank – new 2017
• Cockpit shower
• 12vDC electric automatic bilge pump for main bilge
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 1x 12vDC electric pumps for aft and front shower discharge
• 180 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• Tank gauge at chart table
• 300 litres fresh water capacity in 2x plastic water tanks
• Tank gauge at chart table
• Black water holding tank servicing aft electric heads
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hydra Pilot
• B&G Hydra 2000
• Steering compass
At Chart Table:
• B&G chartplotter
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven
• 12vDC top-opening refrigerator – new 2016
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• 2x Jabsco marine heads, aft electric – new 2016
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to heads and showers
• Eberspacher diesel fired cabin heating system
• JVC CD-radio with speakers in saloon and cockpit
• 32’ Tv with antenna in the dinette
Summary of Accommodation:
• Two double cabins plus two heads with further sea-berth in saloon.
• Headroom approx 6’3” in saloon.
• Large forward double cabin with one hanging lockers port side.
• Owner’s cabin heads starboard side.
• Saloon with u-shaped settee and central bench seat
• Linear galley opposite saloon to port with large heads/shower aft.
• Forward facing chart table with dedicated chart seat aft to starboard.
• Mirrored aft double cabins with hanging lockers.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light mahogany wood.
• Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
• Laminate counters in galley and heads
• White cloth upholstery throughout
• Sparcraft Performance Range aluminium alloy spars
• Keel-stepped racing mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Hydraulic adjustable backstay
• All control lines led aft to the cockpit
• German mainsheet system with adjustable mainsheet track in cockpit
• Lazyjacks with stackpack
• Harken genoa furler
• Harken deck gear
• Rigid bamar vang
• Spinlock jammers
• Bowsprit for code sail
• Spinnaker pole (deck stowed) with mast-mounted spinnaker pole track
• Spare forestay
• 2x Harken 48.2 St 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
• 2x Harken 44.2 St 2-speed self-tailing
• 2x Harken 44.2 St 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway
• DOYLE dacron full batten mainsail
• DOYLE dacron furling gib
• Olimpic jib
• Storm jib
• 2x jibs
• Pulpit and pushpit have opening for easy access on board
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Swimming ladder
• Folding passarelle with guardrail
• Outboard bracket
• Fishing rod holders at pushpit
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC 700W quick anchor windlass with remote control
• Spade anchor with 60 metres chain – 2016
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Helm wheel cover
• Pedestal cover
• Stackpack for mainsail
• Winch covers
• Tender and outboard engine covers
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac tender
• 3.3 hp Mercury outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 2x liferafts (6-man and 4-man) – both requiring servicing and not warranted.
Viewing arrangementsLying Tuscany, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.