STINGRAY is a lightly used Grand Soleil 40 featuring the rare 2-cabin, plus separate shower interior layout. She has been used only in fresh water and has been wintered ashore each year under cover.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Designed as an easy-to-sail performance cruiser, the Paperini-designed Grand Soleil 40 is equally at home family cruising as she is racing around the cans or offshore. The ergonomics of the entire cockpit are nearly perfect. The seats are wide and comfortable with well-angled coamings, and the teak cockpit sole is attractive and provides secure traction. Low coamings and long teak handrails make it easy to go forward, and the helm station is excellent. There's an especially nice spot to windward when the breeze is up; the wheel pedestal is angled to make a splendid foot brace. Even shorter skippers will have good sight lines over the low cabintop.
STINGRAY is a 2-cabin,1-heads, plus separate shower ‘owner version’ of this very popular Italian performance yacht. Her specification highlights include:-
• 2-cabin, owner version with separate shower and converting saloon table to create occasional double berth.
• Larger 39hp engine option with low hours run
• Folding three blades propeller
• 2.15m lead keel
• Performance rig with 2-sets of spreaders
• Harken winches and deck gear
• Carbon spinnaker pole
• Raymarine instruments with chart plotters and radar
• Eberspacher heating
• Tender and outboard
• Full winter cover
“The Grand Soleil 40 is a nice example of a noted Italian builder's response to the trend toward "performance cruising." If your middle years are no longer over the distant horizon, if you love to race or just cruise fast, if you want luxurious accommodations after a hard day's work rounding the buoys or rounding a headland on an extended cruise, the Grand Soleil 40 is a boat to consider.”
Sail Magazine – September 2004
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
• GRP hull construction using 12 layers of unidirectional cloth, vinylester resin and isophthalic gelcoats
• Structural grid with six longitudinal stringers, five transverse ribs, and bulkheads.
• Stainless steel reinforcement is built into the main bulkhead to spread chainplate loads
• The hull-to-deck join is bonded with structural epoxy
• Hull topsides resprayed white - 2018
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure
• The hull-to-deck joint is bonded with structural epoxy
• Deck fittings are backed by integral stainless plates moulded into the deck, drilled and tapped to accept the bolts.
• Non-slip deck finish on the deckhouse
• Teak deck
• Teak capped toe rail
Keel & Rudder:
• The lead bulb/fin keel is bolted to the structural cross-grid, with the nuts accessible through the cabin sole.
• GRP rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 3JH3E 3-cylinder naturally aspirated 40hp diesel engine
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Saildrive gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours approx.. 1,400 as of Spring 2023
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 blades folding propeller
• Wheel steering with large diameter hide-covered helm wheel in cockpit
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 3x 12V 105Ah service bank – new 2022
• 1x 12V 74Ah engine start battery – new 2022
Charging / Inverter:
• 220vAC/12vDC battery charger
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator
• 220v AC shore power system with ring main
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump - 2021
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated 20 litre hot water tank
• Cockpit shower
• 12vDC electric automatic bilge pump for main bilge
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 1x 12vDC electric pumps for shower discharge
• 180 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• Tank gauge at chart table
• 400 litres fresh water capacity in 2x plastic water tanks
• Tank gauge at chart table
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine E90 GPS chart plotter & radar display
• Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth transducers with 4x displays at companionway and 3x displays at helm
• Raymarine closed-array radar scanner, side-mounted to mast
• Raymarine ST6001 autopilot control head with electro-hydraulic ram and course computer
• Steering compass
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine E90 GPS chart plotter & radar display
• Raymarine ST60 Tridata display at chart table
• Shipmate RS8400 VHF
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven
• 12vDC top-opening refrigerator
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• Manual water supply to galley sink via footpump
• Jabsco marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to heads and separate shower
• Eberspacher diesel fired cabin heating system
• Sony CD-radio with speakers in saloon and in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Two double cabins plus one heads complete with separate shower compartment, plus further double sea-berth in saloon via converting saloon table.
• Headroom approx 6’3” in saloon.
• Large forward double cabin with one hanging lockers to port and starboard side.
• Owner’s cabin heads starboard side.
• Saloon with u-shaped settee and central bench seat
• Linear galley opposite saloon to port with large heads/shower aft.
• Forward facing chart table with dedicated chart seat aft to starboard.
• Aft double cabins to starboard with hanging lockers.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light mahogany wood.
• Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
• Natural stone counters in galley
• White Alcantara upholstery in saloon
• Sparcraft Performance Range aluminium alloy spars
• Keel-stepped racing mast with 2-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Mechanical adjustable backstay
• Frederikson low-friction battencar system for mainsail
• All control lines led aft to the cockpit
• German mainsheet system with fine adjust and adjustable mainsheet track in cockpit
• Lazyjacks with stackpack
• Facnor genoa furler
• Harken deck gear
• Rigid bamar vang
• Spinlock jammers
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole (deck stowed) with mast-mounted spinnaker pole track
• Dyneema halyards
• 2x Harken 48.2 St 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
• 2x Harken 44.2 St 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway
• North Sails Soft Norlam laminate fully-battened tri-radial battened mainsail – 2022
• North Sails Soft Norlam laminate 140% furling genoa – 2022
• Quantum Sails symmetric spinnaker - 2005
• Pulpit and pushpit have opening for easy access on board
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Swimming ladder
• Cockpit table
• Outboard engine bracket
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans 12vDC electric anchor windlass
• Spade anchor with 40m chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions
• Helm wheel cover
• Stackpack for mainsail
• Full winter cover for deck and cockpit
Tender & Outboard:
• Avon tender
• 2hp Mariner outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
• 6-person liferaft
• Horseshoe buoy with light
• Blipper-style radar reflector
• Fire extinguishers
Lying: Enkhuizen, Netherlands
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Jascha Bach
Tel: +31 641 486879
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.