2002 GRAND SOLEIL 40 RACE
€85,000 tax paid
IRC- 1.067 - multi race winning GS40R
|Manufacturer/Model||Grand Soleil 40 Race|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Yanmar 3JH4CE 39hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||200l|
DescriptionVAHINÉ 5 is a highly competitive Race example of the popular Grand Soleil 40. Full carbon rig with mast-jack, carbon sails and B&G HYDRA 2000 electronic. IRC – 1,067
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
VAHINÉ 5 is a 3-cabin, 1-heads version of this very popular Italian performance yacht and was bought new by her current owner to race competitively offshore under an IRC rating of 1,067.
Having always benefitted from careful routine annual maintenance, she presents in extremely good order, with her main specification highlights including:-
• Sparcraft Grand Prix full carbon rig with mast-jack – repaired and repainted 2009
• Harken deck gear
• Carbon spinnaker pole
• Extensive racing sail wardrobe
• Recent spectra lines and halyards
• B&G 2000 navigation instruments
• 2.20m lead fin keel
• 3-cabin, 1-heads layout
• Larger 39hp engine option
• Racing and Cruising floor plates and interior ladder
VAHINÉ 5 is now offered for sale at a great price as her owner is looking to move on to new projects.
“The Grand Soleil 40 is a nice example of a noted Italian builder's response to the trend toward "performance cruising." If your middle years are no longer over the distant horizon, if you love to race or just cruise fast, if you want luxurious accommodations after a hard day's work rounding the buoys or rounding a headland on an extended cruise, the Grand Soleil 40 is a boat to consider.”
Sail Magazine – September 2004
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
• GRP hull construction using 12 layers of unidirectional cloth, vinylester resin and isophthalic gelcoats
• Vacuum resin infusion system (SCRIMP)
• Structural grid with six longitudinal stringers, five transverse ribs, and bulkheads.
• Stainless steel reinforcement is built into the main bulkhead to spread chainplate loads
• The hull-to-deck join is bonded with structural epoxy
• White gelcoat finish
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure
• The hull-to-deck joint is bonded with structural epoxy
• Deck fittings are backed by integral stainless plates moulded into the deck, drilled and tapped to accept the bolts.
• Non-slip deck finish
• Teak laid cockpit seating, sole and bathing platform
Keel & Rudder:
• The lead fin racing keel is bolted to the structural cross-grid, with the nuts accessible through the cabin sole.
• GRP rudder blade
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 3JH4CE 3-cylinder naturally aspirated 39hp diesel engine
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Saildrive gearbox
Propulsion & Steering:
• Flexofold 2-bladed folding racing propeller
• Carbon fibre wheel steering with large diameter
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 2x 12V 180Ah service battery - 2016
• 1x 12V 100Ah engine start battery- 2016
Charging / Inverter:
• Automatic battery charger - 2016
• 12V 80A engine mounted alternator
• 220v AC shore power system with ring main and 1x 220vAC power outlet
• LED navigation lights
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in 16 litre well-insulated hot water tank
• Cockpit shower
• 12vDC electric automatic bilge pump for main bilge
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 1x 12vDC electric pumps for shower discharge
• 80 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• Tank gauge at chart table
• 200 litres fresh water capacity in 2x plastic water tanks
• Tank gauge at chart table
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Hydra 2000 system with carbon windvane and speed/depth/water temp transducers
• 4x B&G 20/20 carbon displays at mast
• B&G Hydra 2000 autopilot – 2018
• Steering compass Fluxgate Alcyon 2000 at helm binnacle
At Chart Table:
• B&G GPS chartplotter H1000
• VHF Icom with DSC - 2018
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven
• Isotherm 12vDC top-opening refrigerator - serviced
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• Jabsco manual marine heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to heads and shower
• CD-radio with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• Three double cabins plus one heads with further converting double berth in saloon.
• Headroom approx 6’3” in saloon.
• Large forward double cabin with hanging lockers port and starboard sides.
• Saloon with u-shaped settee.
• Dining table drops with infill to create occasional double
• Linear galley opposite saloon to port with large heads/shower aft.
• Forward facing chart table with dedicated chart seat aft to starboard.
• Mirrored aft double cabins with hanging lockers.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light mahogany wood.
• Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
• Laminate counters in galley and heads
• White cloth upholstery throughout
• Sparcraf Grand Prix white-painted carbon fibre performance mast – repaired and repainted 2009
• Keel-stepped fractional rig with 2-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Mast-jack Enerpac
• Sparcraft Grand Prix white painted carbon fibre boom
• BAMAR hydraulic backstay adjuster – serviced with new cilynder
• Rod backstay
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging NItronic – 2009
• Spinnaker track on mast with uphaul and downhaul
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• German mainsheet system with full width adjustable traveller in cockpit
• Rigid Sparcraft vang
• Halyards in spectra
• Facnor fulring jib
• 2x Harken 2-speed racing primary winches in cockpit
• 2x Harken 2-speed mainsheet winches in cockpit
• 2x Harken 40.2 St 2-speed self-tailing control line winches at companionway
• 1x dacron main
• 1x Carbon fibre Baraonda main – 2014
• 1x storm trysail
• 1x fulring dacron genoa
• 1x light carbon fibre Baraonda genoa – 2015
• 1x medioum carbon fibre genoa
• 1x Kevlar genoa
• 1x carbon fibre jib nr. 3
• 1x carbon fibre jib nr. 4
• 1x staysail
• 1x windseeker
• 1x gennaker
• 1x gennaker Baraonda – 2016
• 1x spinnaker light
• 1x spinnaker
• Outboard engine support
• Swimming ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 12vDC electric anchor windlass with remote control – serviced 2016
• 20kgs Bruce anchor with 50m 8mm chain
• Spore anchor with chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• RINA valid until 2020
Viewing arrangementsVIEWING ARRANGEMENTS
Lying: Monfalcone, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.