2009 GRAND SOLEIL 48 OCEAN CRUISER
€180,000 tax paid
Completely custom built circumnavigator!
|Manufacturer/Model||Grand Soleil 48 Ocean Cruiser|
|Designer||J&J Design Alan Jezequel|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Perkins Sabre M65 65hp|
|Hull Construction||GRP / Kevlar|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||500l|
DescriptionCustom built aft cockpit blue water cruising yacht based on the Grand Soleil 46 mould but with fitout specifically for a circumnavigation including uprated laminates with Kevlar reinforcement. Huge inventory and offered for sale by her original owner in sparkling condition.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
ANDROS is a 3-cabin, 2-heads custom-built evolution of the popular Grand Soleil 46 fitted with everything a yachtsman could need for long distance blue water cruising. Her specification highlights include:-
• Increased thickness hull laminate with two additional layers of Kevlar for impact resistance
• 3-cabin, owner version with large forward heads and shower and forepeak workshop
• Larger 65hp Perkins engine
• 3-bladed Max-prop
• 2.00m lead keel
• MaxSpar Rig with oversized standing rigging
• Solar Panel
• wind generator
• Watermaker Tecnicomar 70 l/h
• Huge water and diesel tank capacity
I have touched 33 countries, I return with the knowledge of not having wasted a minute of these last five years. I realized that we live better in those places where development has hardly arrived: in the Tuamoto islands of French Polynesia or in the archipelago of Vanuatu, in the South Pacific Ocean, where the populations of the villages still do not have water and electricity electric, people are happier.
ANDROS was built to go around the world, the thicknesses of the hull are not like those of the common boats, they have also been reinforced with 2 layers of kevlar. Her Maxspar mast and rigging are oversized.
We have now completed 40,000 miles without problems, and ANDROS is ready to continue her adventures.
• Our understanding is that the yacht complies with RCD and is CE certified for category A – Ocean.
• Uprated GRP hull construction using 2 layers Kevlar for added impact resistance
• Stainless steel reinforcement is built into the main bulkhead to spread chainplate loads
• White gelcoat finish
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP deck and superstructure
• Non-slip deck finish on the deckhouse
• Teak deck in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The lead bulb/fin keel is bolted to the structural cross-grid, with the nuts accessible through the cabin sole.
• GRP rudder blade with semi-skeg
Engine & gearbox:
• Perkins Sabre M65 4-cylinder naturally aspirated 65hp diesel engine
• Approx 2,000hrs run as of June 2018
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
• Single lever throttle/gear control
• Shaft drive gearbox
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 blades folding propeller
• Wheel steering with hide covered stainless steel helm wheel
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower, generator or inverter
• 3x 12vDC batteries
Charging / Inverter:
• Battery charger
• Inverter 1800w
• 12V 80A engine mounted alternator
• Paguro 4000 generator - 2013
• 220v AC shore power system with ring main
• Solar Panels 405w
• Rutland 913 12vDC wind generator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in 25 litre well-insulated hot water tank
• Cockpit shower
• Todini Water purifiers
• Tecnicomar watermaker 70l/h
• 12vDC electric automatic bilge pump for main bilge
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 600 litres fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• Tank gauge at chart table
• 500 litres fresh water capacity in stainless steel tank
• Tank gauge at chart table
• Black water holding tank
• 2x grey water tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarien C90 chartplotter
• Raymarine multidisplay
• Raymarine ST60+ Wind
• Raymarine Autohelm autopilot
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine Radar
• SSB radio
• Gimballed stainless gas cooker with 2-burners and oven
• Microwave oven
• 12vDC top-opening refrigerator
• 12vDC top-opening freezer
• Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water supply
• 2x Jabsco marine manual heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies to heads and showers
• CD-radio with speakers in saloon
• 32’ Tv with antenna in the dinette
Summary of Accommodation:
• Three double cabins plus two heads with further sea-berth in saloon.
• Large forward double cabin with one hanging lockers port side with port side bed.
• Owner’s cabin heads forward with shower.
• Saloon with u-shaped settee and central bench seat
• Linear galley opposite saloon to port.
• Forward facing chart table with dedicated chart seat forward to starboard.
• Forepeak workshop space.
• Twin double aft cabins. Additional pullman berth in port cabin.
• All interior woodwork in varnished light mahogany wood.
• Floor is varnished teak wood with inlaid holly strips.
• Laminate counters in galley and heads
• Red cloth upholstery throughout
• Maxpar aluminium alloy spars
• Keel-stepped mast with 2-sets of spreaders
• All control lines led aft to the cockpit
• Adjustable mainsheet track in cockpit
• Lazyjacks with stackpack
• Genoa furler
• Rigid vang
• Bowsprit for code sail
• Intermediate shrouds
• 2x Lewmar 65.2 St 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
• 2x Lewmar 44.2 St 2-speed self-tailing
• 2x Lewmar 44.2 St 2-speed self-tailing on the mast
• Doyle Sails dacron fully battened mainsail – circa 2010
• Doyle Sails dacron furling genoa – circa 2010
• Doyle Sails gennaker – circa 2010
• Doyle Sails yankee – circa 2010
• Doyle Sails staysail – circa 2010
• Pulpit and pushpit have opening for easy access on board
• Swimming ladder
• Gangway with guardrail
• Outboard bracket
• Fishing rod holders at pushpit
• Cockpit table
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC anchor windlass with remote control
• Spade anchor with 60 metres chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Stackpack for mainsail
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying: Sicily, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.