2007 GRAND SOLEIL 50
€235,000 tax paid
One owner, privately used GS50
|Manufacturer/Model||Grand Soleil 50|
|Designer||Judel Vrolijk & Co|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||Volvo D2-75 75hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||460l|
DescriptionFantastically well-equipped example of the Judel Vrolijk designed Grand Soleil 50 aft cockpit performance cruising yacht. FREETIME 5 is still under her first ownership and she is presented in great condition inside and out.
Launched in April 2007 and still under the first ownership, FREETIME 5 is surely one of the best Judel Vrolijk design Grand Soleil 50. Very well equipped with 2.55m draft keel version.
Her specification highlights are numerous, but particular highlights include:-
• 2,5m keel for optimal upwind performances
• 3-cabin, 2-head owner’s layout
• Larger 75hp Volvo engine option with sail drive and recent diaphragm replacement
• Sparcraft must with 3 orders of spreaders and road rigging
• Fully-battened mainsail with ball-bearing batten cars, single-line reefing and lazy jacks--2019
• Feathering prop
• Retractable bow thruster
• Webasto diesel heating system
• Schenker water maker 65 l/hrs
• Harken upgraded winches
• Electric fold-out bathing platform
• Interiors and navigations led lights
• Dynema halyards and ropes
FREETIME 5 is now offered for sale in 100% turn-key order as her owner has already bought a new yacht. VAT-paid, FREETIME 5 is a turn key solution for those looking to buy a stylish performance cruiser yacht.
Designed by Rolf Vrolijk, and it shares the same heritage of this designer, who has proven his ability to delineate and reaffirm the success of Alinghi in the last two editions of the America’s Cup. Grand Soleil 50’ is a consecration of the design on which it was built, aimed at limiting wave-resistance at sea and at defining significant shape stability in order to achieve the ideal angle of balance and consistently safe and comfortable sailing.
SUCCESSFUL CHOICES - In terms of design solutions, the sail area includes a high-extension spanker and a low-overlap genoa jib, so as to allow for easy and intuitive sailing in all conditions, even with a short crew. The spacious and user-friendly cockpit is designed to suit both cruise and regatta use. The main sheet at the end of the boom ensures the best possible control for regatta use, whilst the halyard runs below deck, the short deckhouse and the garage hood make for a clear, obstacle-free deck, and ensure that all rigging movements can be carried out freely and rapidly.
SEA-AFFINITY. ENOUGH SAID - There is perhaps no greater or more desirable quality in a boat, and yet, when you try Grand Soleil 50’, you will recognise it instantly and naturally. This boat is truly made for the sea, tireless, handling races or cruises, the longer the better, in the heart of the habitat that Grand Soleil 50’ was made for, and where it is truly in its element. Above deck, the double wheelhouse opens out the cockpit and provides for a direct passageway to the transom, where the electrical opening-system facilitates easy and immediate access to the sea.
HIGH-CLASS LIVING - Dimensions and design choices make the Grand Soleil 50’ an extremely agreeable boat, particularly well-suited for hosting guests and families, thanks to its spacious rooms and decks.
SPEED MEETS RELAXATION - Below deck, the sporty life gives way to a cosy and welcoming atmosphere, distinctly elegant and refined, down to the smallest detail, as befits the finest Grand Soleil tradition.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-Ocean.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
• Stratified unidirectional fibreglass offering a tensile strength of up to 25 kg/mm².
• NPG isophthalic gelcoats, NEOGEL and vinylester resin are applied to the first layers of the hull.
• Bulkheads laminated with 60mm flanges for increased adhesion to GRP
• Hot galvanised steel grid structure for transferance of rigging and keel loads
• Stainless steel chainplates with 27mm rods secured to grid structure
• White gelcoat hull and deck finish – deck and hull polish treatment in 2019
• Blue waterline stripe and cavita line
• Deck construction in GRP with termanto foam core for increased insulation, shear strength and durability
• Side decks, coachroof, cockpit seating and cockpit sole in laid teak with black caulking
Keel & Rudder:
• Hydrodynamically designed fin keel with lead bulb
• The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
• The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass with internal 300mm stainless steel plates attached to 60mm diameter stainless steel stock.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-75, 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 75 HP
• Volvo 150-S saildrive gearbox
• Saildrive diaphragm replaced 2017
• Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
• Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
• Engine housing lifts on gas struts.
• Lewmar stainless steel single lever throttle/gear control in cockpit
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: apprx. 1750 hours at February 2020
• Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually
Propulsion & Steering:
• Solimar Racer twin steering pedestals with black lacquered carbon figure helm wheels
• 3-bladed feathering propeller
• MAX Power 12vDC VIP 150 retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal
• Solimar emergency steering gear
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 230v AC via shorepower or inverter
• 6x12vDC 110Ah GEL service batteries 2017
• 2x 12vDC engine GEL start batteries
• 1x 12vDC bowthruster GEL battery
• BEP Marine battery switches
• Emergency parallel switch for engine and service battery banks
Charging / Inverter:
• 2KW Inverter
• Automatic 3 C-TEK battery charger system, of which one is dedicated to the engine battery
• Shorepower supply with ring main and 230v AC sockets in interior
• 12v sockets at chart table and in cockpit
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressure system
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
• 3x manual bilge pumps in cockpit, below decks and forward sail locker
• 2x 12vDC high capacity electric bilge pump with manual overrides
• 2x 12vDC shower drain pumps
• Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit
• Nereus gas alarm system
• 290 litres diesel capacity
• Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
• 460 litres fresh water capacity
• Analogue water tank gauge at chart table
• Raymarine AXIOM 12 digital colour GPS chart plotter display with AIS – 2018
• Twin Raymarine GPS transducers
• Raymarine ST6000 Smart Pilot autopilot control with T2 linear drive
• Raymarine i60 wind display with transducer
• Raymarine i50 depth display with transducer
• Plastimo steering compass as companionway
• Clock & barometer on main bulkhead
• Raymarine VHF with DSC
• Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
• ENO 3-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
• Top-opening fridge with 12vDC compressor
• Front opening fridge
• Manual heads in both heads compartments
• Heads showers with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
• Stainless steel sinks
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto Airtop 5000 diesel-fired hot air heating system with outlets cabins
• Ventilation consisting of opening skylights and opening portlights
Stereo & TV:
• Stereo/Radio Sony with USB, internal and external speakers
• TV antenna
Summary of Accommodation:
• Aft cockpit layout with up to nine full length berths in three double cabins plus two further saloon settee berth, one of which converts to a double. Forward and aft day heads with showers.
• Marine grade waterproof core, faced with selected teak is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
• Specially selected solid teak in frames and doors.
• All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
• Ceiling, topsides and minor visible hull sides with foam backed vinyl.
• Hull sides, bottom, bilge, etc top-coated throughout the interior.
• Cabin sole board finished in simulated teak and holly spline
• Locker doors have upgraded stainless steel hinges
• Acrylic stone counters in galley
• Cushions in high quality foam with first class upholstery.
• Blue fabric upholstery in saloon – seat covers replaced
• Bedding and recovering of mattresses
• Blue upholstery in accommodation cabins
• Aft guest cabins – Lee cloths between berths
• Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
• White cloth curtains
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Island double berth
• Twin settees, various storage compartments and hanging locker
• Master cabin en suite heads with shower, wash hand basin and sea toilet.
• Shower panel replacement with stainless
• Double berth to port
• Large draw under berth and storage cupboards at eye level above berth
• Mattress upgraded to fully sprung
• Starboard 2 x wardrobes with dressing table unit, containing 3 x drawers, floor level cupboard and cupboards above
• Large locker in bilge
• Spacious saloon with large dinette and second settee, dinette has the added capability to convert to double berth for extra accommodation.
• Movable saloon centreline bench
• Various storage lockers, and light beige cabin upholstery throughout.
• Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
• Stainless steel grab handles
• Forward facing chart table, located to starboard with chart storage and navigation electronics centre.
• L shaped galley located to port comprising of gas hob with oven and grill, 2 fridges (original chest and additional upright), stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap.
• Numerous storage lockers and synthetic stone effect work tops.
• Stainless steel grab handles.
• Heads compartment with shower, wash hand basin, sea toilet, storage/vanity unit.
• Equal aft cabins with double berths and lee-cloths
• Hanging lockers with seat.
• Cabinet above bed along hull side.
• Door to main saloon from starboard and port guest cabins.
• Sparcraft aluminium anodised spars
• Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Stainless steel wire standing rigging
• Split backstay with Holmatro hydraulic adjuster
• Reckmann genoa furler
• Bamar rod-vang
• Harken genoa tracks
• Fully-battened mainsail system with Harken ball-bearing battencar system on mast-mounted track
• 2x single line reefs
• German mainsheet system with Harken full-width mainsheet track in cockpit forward of helms
• Hydraulic Holmatro back-stay adjuster
• 2x Harken 70.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
• 2x Harken 53.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker winches
• 1x Harken 48.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing main halyard and control line winch
• 1x Harken 48.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winch
• Elvstrom Full batten mainsail 2019
• Zaoli Full batten main sail
• Zaoli 110% genoa – serviced 2018
• Zaoli gennaker with snuffer
• Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit.
• Teak step on pulpit
• Stainless steel guardwire stanchions
• Goiot opening side ports
• Lewmar opening deckhead hatches
• Electric fold-out bathing platform
• Hot & cold shower in cockpit
• Removable cockpit table
• Stainless steel anti-wear plates on foredeck and at aft end of superstructure
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 12vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control
• Anchor Delta 25KG with 70m of 10mm chain -- 2017
• Fore and aft mooring lines
• Carbon fibre gangway 3m
Dinghy and outboard engine:
• Zodiac 2,85m – serviced 2018
• Outboard engine davit
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Canvas mainsail cover and winter cover
• White Sprayhood 2018
• Bimini with stainless steel frame
• Canvas cockpit table
• Canvas steering wheel
• Cockpit seats cushions -- 2018
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Liferaft serviced 2019
Viewing arrangementsLying – Trapani, Sicily
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.