1987 HALLBERG RASSY 42E
€100,000 tax paid
Extensively updated great spec H/R 42E hardtop
|Manufacturer/Model||Hallberg Rassy 42E|
|Designer||C. Rassy/ O. Enderlein|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||725l|
DescriptionVery well presented, great spec hardtop example of the popular flush deck HR 42E. Hull nr. 169 of 255 units built in 11 years makes it one of the most popular and reliable blue water sloop cruiser ever built.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SA MARTINA is a very well maintained and extensively updated example of the HR42E class. Purchased by her current owners in 2013 she has been used for friendly summer cruising in the Greek waters. A particularly notable feature is the addition of a 80cm transom extension to create an easy-access bathing platform and a similar profile to the later Frers designed H/R 42F.
Further specification highlights include:-
• Hardtop above companionway
• Larger 100hp Volvo engine option
• Teak decks
• Gel service batteries
• Mastervolt charger
• Twin engine alternators
• Webasto diesel heating
• In-mast furling system
• Electric halyard winch
** Please note. Not included in the asking price but available by separate negotiation are the following items:-
• Raymarine E127 Wi-Fi plotter with Quantum Wi-Fi radar scanner and AIS receiver.
• Solar panels with regulator
• Mastervolt inverter
• Air-conditioning unit
• LCD TV
• 4-stroke outboard engine
** Please contact us for a full list of additional equipment. **
The Hallberg-Rassy 42 (E) was built from 1980 until 1991. A total of 255 hulls were built. She is admired for her clean flush deck and numeral boats have sailed around the globe. Well known Hallberg-Rassy 42E sailors include John Neal from the USA with "Mahina Tiare II" and Rollo Gebhardt from Germany with "Solveig IV".
In the beginning, only the ketch rig configuration was offered. Later the sloop version was introduced and in the end almost only sloops rig 42E were built. The 42 (E) is an Enderlein design is not to be confused with the Frers designed Hallberg-Rassy 42F that was built between 1991 and 2001.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
• Hull constructed of single piece GRP moulding.
• Blue decorative sheerband and boot top bands in gelcoat.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• GRP-sandwich construction 25 mm with polyvinyl cellular plastics as core material for strength and insulation
• Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping the GRP laminate. Bulwark formed in the deck and hull mouldings and fitted with a solid capping in teak.
• Handrails, companionway, hatchguides, sole and seats in cockpit are all in Bangkok-teak.
• Laid teak deck on top of GRP deck, 1/2”. The deck is provided with four 1” scuppers draining below the water- line.
• Two 11/2’ scuppers from the watertight and self-draining cockpit.
Keel & Rudder:
• Ballast keel of iron, moulded in and completely protected in GRP.
• Semi-balance skeg hung rudder.
• Rudder blade in GRP.
• Rudder main shaft Ø 40 mm bronze. Heavy cast rudder fittings in bronze.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta TAM31A, 100hp.
• 4-cylinder, turbo charged engine
• Volvo Penta gear box.
• Single lever Morse type cockpit controls with ignition panel.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Running hours circa 5.500 at August 2018
• Starter motor replaced 2013
• Sea water pump replaced 2015
• Injectors overhauled/replaced 2015
• Fuel pump overhauled 2015
• Fresh water pump replaced 2018
• Heat exchanger overhauled 2018
• Anti-siphon valve added 2017
Propulsion & Steering:
• 12vDC Bowthruster
• Emergency tiller steering system.
• PSS Mechanic Seal new – 2017
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 230v AC via shorepower, or inverter
• 2x engine start batteries – 2016
• 5x gel domestic bank batteries – 2015
Charging / Inverter:
• 12V/100A 3 phase Mastervolt battery charger – serviced 2017
• Remote control panel and status indicator for charger at nav station
• Plumbing and mounting equipment for diesel generator (no generator presently fitted)
• 2x engine mounted alternators.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Fully pressurised hot and cold water system – 12v freshwater pressure pump 12/2017.
• Hot and cold faucets provided in Galley and heads.
• Shower provided in heads.
• 50 litre insulated hot water tank, heated from engine or 220V immersion heater element.
• Deck shower
• Fresh water piping replaced 2015
• Manual bilge pump - 2014
• Electric bilge pumps
• Seacocks replaced - 2013
• 2x diesel tanks for 395 litres total fuel capacity
• Double fuel circuit that can be work together
• 2x pre-filters
• Fuel gauge at navigation station.
• Racor primary filter with water-trap in engine space - 2015
• 1x 725 litres tank capacity.
• 40 litre stainless steel black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine 50-200Hz echo sounder transducer – 2017
• Furuno GP32 GPS receiver
• Raymarine ST7001 autopilot system with remote control handset – linear drive replaced 2017
• Raymarine i70 instruments with wind display and tridata (speed, depth, sea temperature) displays and transducers – 2018
• Raymarine VHF with DSC
• External VHF speaker and handset – 2013
• Kenwood SSB radio
• 2x handheld VHF’s – 2014 and 2016
• Galley stove. Gas fired with 2 burners, grill and oven.
• 12v/220v dual voltage top loading built in fridge with ice box - 2016
• Double stainless steel sinks with single faucet providing hot and cold water
• Vetus electric marine toilet in forward heads
• Jabsco manual marine heads in aft heads - 2013
• Porcelain wash hand basin with hot and cold faucets.
• Shower stall provided with electric pump out.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto Airtop 32 diesel fired blown air heater mounted in machinery space.
• Thermostatic cabin controller.
• Outlets in forward cabin, heads, saloon and aft cabin.
• Brass lamps in saloon - 2018
• Radio CD/Radio/USB/jack head unit.
• Speakers in saloon and cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Maximum of 7 berths in double cabin forward, master double cabin aft with additional occasional bunks port & starboard in saloon.
• All interior woodwork in light mahogany with a matt silk finish
• Locker doors with rounded edges and larger locker doors louvered for ventilation.
• Floors are varnished wood with inlaid holly stripes
• Fitted, edge bound carpets throughout with press studs to secure.
• Saloon and aft cabin ceilings have panelling of mahogany strips
• Curtains fitted for all skylights and portholes.
• Solid handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore
• Deluxe Ting light blue cloth upholstery in accommodation cabins
• Saloon and chart table upholstery replaced 2018
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Two single berths in v-configuration.
• In-fill section to create large double berth.
• Ample stowage above and below bunks with dresser unit to starboard aft.
• Large deck hatch for ventilation.
• Accessible from passage way to forward cabin
• Bulkheads and lockers in white formica
• China sink set into counter top
• Teak sole grating.
• Large mirror
• Electric Vetus marine head
• Ventilation via opening hatch
• Saloon with bench seating to starboard and L-shaped bench seat to port.
• Seating back rests hinge up to increase bunk width.
• Saloon table with folding leafs and bottle stowage within
• Storage provided in lockers overhead, outboard of seating.
• Aft of saloon to starboard in L-shaped configuration.
• Gas galley stove, 2 burner and oven
• Double stainless steel sinks with pressurised water.
• Cupboards and drawers for food and utensil stowage.
• Double berth to starboard with memory foam custom made mattress topper.
• Spacious single berth to port.
• Hanging locker on portside forward.
• Stowage above and below berths.
• Marine Jabsco manual head - 2013
• Double spreader masthead sloop rig
• Stainless steel wire standing rigging with aluminium rigging screw protectors
• Rod vang
• In-mast furling system – serviced 2018
• Manual genoa furling system
• Navtec hydraulic backstay – serviced 2018
• Running rigging replaced 2015-2018
• All winches are from Lewmar with chrome finish.
• 9x 2 speed self-tailing winches, 1 is electric.
• Quantum Sails Dacron in-mast furling mainsail
• Hood Sails 140% Dacron furling genoa
• Dacron 100% furling genoa
• Guardwire gates on port and starboard sides.
• Stainless Steel Davits
• Polished stainless steel Vetus dorade vents
• Stainless steel boom support
• Folding mahogany cockpit table
• Folding swim ladder on transom
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Lofrans Tigres 12VDC 1500w electric anchor windlass with remote control – 2018
• 25kgs Kobra anchor (2017) with 60m of 10mm chain plus warp (2015)
• Delta and Admiralty kedge anchors with 15m 6mm chain plus warp
• Fenders and warps
• Hardtop with led lights
• 2x cockpit sun covers
• External cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Lomac 2.45m RIB
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Mast mounted radar reflector.
• Plastimo 6-man liferaft
Viewing arrangementsLying PREVEZA, Greece.
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.