2003 HALLBERG RASSY 43
£237,500 tax paid
Very well presented high spec HR43
|Manufacturer/Model||Hallberg Rassy 43|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Argyll, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Engine||Volvo D2-55 55hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||620l|
DescriptionA very well-presented example of this award-winning design from Hallberg-Rassy. Set up for short-handed offshore and ocean cruising. She benefits from a fastidious maintenance regime and boasts the ideal cruising inventory.
** Over 300 newly taken high resolution photos available on request **
BROKER’S FURTHER COMMENTS:
With her current owners for the last decade, YARONA has safely been sailed from the waters of Scotland’s west coast south to Cuba and north to Nova Scotia, enjoying many stops en-route. In that time she has been much loved and meticulously maintained.
Freshly launched for the 2019 season after a mini re-fit her inventory highlights include:
• Professionally re-built Volvo Penta D2-55 engine, invoices and reports available (2019).
• Professionally applied Copper Coat antifouling (2019).
• Rarely found optional teak joinery work below decks.
• Hydrovane wind vane self-steering gear.
• Bow Thruster.
• 240V and 110V shore power systems.
• Fisher Panda 5000i Neo PMS Generator (2018).
• Xantrex ProSine 1800i Invertor (2017)
• HRO Seafari Escape 400SEM, 12v Watermaker
• 240v Washing Machine
• GN Espace Levante, 4 burner gas stove.
• Raymarine es127, a95 MFD’s and Quantum digital radar scanner (2016).
• Digital Yacht AIS
• Digital Yacht on-board WIFI system
• Icom SSB Radio
• On-board 12v PC
• 2011 Standing rigging
• Roller furling systems for genoa and staysail
• Electric primary winches
Offered in sail-away condition we expect strong interest in this fantastic blue water cruiser.
‘We have had some wonderful adventures on YARONA, and she has been a safe and comfortable home for much of the past ten years. After a relatively gentle start getting to know her during two summers on the west coast of Scotland, we headed across Biscay and spent several seasons exploring the Med and Adriatic. In 2014 we were ready to venture across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. We took no additional crew and had a reassuringly uneventful passage. Over the next two seasons we travelled as far north as Nova Scotia, and back south to Cuba, before returning to Ireland via the Azores. The return journey included some challenging conditions, but by then we trusted YARONA to keep us safe and we never doubted her ability to do so. We have enjoyed having friends sailing with us but have always felt able to manage YARONA on our own.
We have maintained YARONA to a high standard throughout our ownership. We needed to be confident she would not let us down when we cruised remote places with minimal infrastructure, such as the south coast of Cuba. We have lived extremely well on board, enjoying the comforts that go with having the generator, watermaker, an excellent cooker, and not forgetting the washing machine! Being self-sufficient has given us the freedom to spend many more nights at anchor than in marinas.
The plan was always to keep YARONA for about ten years. We are both keen skiers and, having now had plenty of time to contemplate level horizons, we have begun to miss the mountains. We want to spend some extended time enjoying our apartment in the French Alps whist we are still fit and healthy. YARONA is ready to take her new owners on their own adventure.’
‘The Hallberg-Rassy 43 Mk I has been built in 150 units from 2001-2007. She has won Yacht of the Year in Germany, Best Midsize Cruiser in the USA, Best overall Cruisingboat in the USA as well as Top 10 in the US and Import Boat of the Year in Australia 2006.
The 43 has all the typical Hallberg-Rassy benchmarks. It goes without saying that this is a well-built blue water cruiser. The interior floor is all in one level, there is a seagoing galley, a windshield, a rubbing strake to the hull, big engine, generous tankage and timeless beautiful lines with a natural grace.’
‘Compared to the earlier design the first thing that becomes apparent is the relatively longer waterline thus a slender hull. This longer waterline would bring immediate improvements in speed and sea-kindliness. The hull construction follows Hallberg-Rassy's current and well proven practice of building solid bottom layup and cored topsides and decks for very good results in strength and longevity.
Compared with the 42F the interior layout has been improved, adding a separate shower on the forward toilet, good headroom in the walk-through to the aft cabin and overall polishing of details and layouts.
I expect the Hallberg-Rassy 43 to become a classic in her range and style with very good sailing capabilities and volume inside. Clean uncluttered decks and a well-protected cockpit, typical of the Hallberg-Rassy Line.’
• We understand the vessel was constructed in accordance with the RCD regulations at the time of build and categorised as such.
• Category A – Unlimited Ocean Voyages.
• Hull constructed of single piece GRP moulding.
• Isophthalic gelcoat and isophtalic polyester resin for lamination, hand consolidated.
• Single skin solid GRP construction below waterline through keel pan area.
• Sandwich construction above the waterline with Divinycell PVC-foam core, insulated against heat and cold.
• Round bilge with stub keel as part of canoe body moulding providing form stiffness.
• Structural floor and stringer reinforcements, fully bonded to the hull.
• Plywood bulkheads full laminate to hull and deck mouldings on both sides.
• Integrated sugar scoop style transom with boarding platform.
• Integrated rubbing strake with brass strip.
• Blue decorative sheerband in blue gelcoat.
• Blue decorative boot top bands in two-pack paint. Repainted in 2018.
• Hull stripped back, epoxy primed, and Copper Coat antifouling applied in 2010.
• Hull prepared and four additional coats of Copper Coat antifouling applied in 2018.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull constructed of single piece GRP moulding, hand consolidated.
• Deck and coachroof areas and also cockpit are of sandwich construction, solid in parts, laminated to the hull.
• Deck, coachroof, aft deck, bathing platform, caprail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and side trims in top quality teak.
• Self draining gas locker integrated under starboard side deck
• Integrated full depth lazarette locker.
• 4 Lewmar Opening deck hatches. 3 Hatches replaced in 2016.
• 13 Alloy framed portholes of which 12 open. All portholes refurbished 2013/2018.
• Long fin keel with small bulb.
• Reinforced lead construction.
• 16 Stainless steel bolts, 24,20 & 14mm
• Semi-balance skeg hung rudder.
• Three bearings and seals replaced 2016.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-55
• 55hp @ 3000rpm.
• 4 Cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled marine diesel.
• Volvo Penta HS25 hydraulic reversing gearbox.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Volvo Penta HS25 hydraulic reversing gearbox.
• Stainless steel propeller shaft
• Volvo Penta shaft seal
• Gori 3 blade, bronze, folding propeller (2008)
• Ambassador Marine ‘Stripper’ rope cutter (2010)
• Engine removed from boat and professionally rebuilt during winter 2018/19.
• Works included: Full strip down, inspection, rebuild with new pistons, main bearings, big end bearings, small end bearings, full gasket set, reconditioned and recalibrated fuel pump and injectors.
• Engine report and Invoices for all works available by request.
• Shaft seal replaced 2016
• Cutlass bearing replaced 2016
• Lewmar/Whitlock system with pedestal and hide covered stainless steel wheel.
• Rod system with cardan links and bronze quadrant.
• Emergency tiller system, fitting directly to rudder stock.
• Raymarine 400G system.
• Raymarine ST7002 SmartPilot control head.
• Lewmar Whitlock drive.
• Transom mounted Hydrovane (2014)
• Serves as secondary steering system should primary system fail.
• Sleipner Side Power 8HP thruster.
• Twin prop
• GRP tunnel installed by factory at time of build.
• Foot switch controls by pedestal.
• 240V AC shore power system.
• 110v AC Shore power system – For battery charging only.
• 12v DC onboard power system.
240V AC Shore Power:
• 240V AC hard wired system.
• 16 Amp connection with cables.
• RCD protected.
• 7x 230V AC, 3 pin sockets.
110V AC Shore Power:
• Dedicated supply for ProMariner battery charger.
• 110V hard wired system.
• 30 Amp connection with Marinco inlet and cable.
• RCD Protected.
• Domestic Battery Bank – 4x Lifeline GPL-4DL 210 Ah Deep Cycle AGM (2016)
• Engine Battery – 1x Odyssey 68Ah AGM (2011)
• Mastervolt 80A 230V AC
• ProMariner 50A dual voltage 110-230V AC (2015)
• Electromaax 160A engine driven alternator (2013)
• Multi-vee serpentine drive belt
• Balmar charge controller
• Smart Bank Advanced – Battery monitoring & split charge system.
• Sterling PMP - Amp Hour Meter.
• Xantrex ProSine 1800i Invertor (2017)
• 220V AC, true sine wave output
• Integral transfer switch - Switching between shore power and invertor.
• Fisher Panda 5000i Neo PMS (2018 with 5 year extended warranty)
• Pure Sine Wave 240V AC, 4Kw output.
• Variable engine speed technology.
• Fisher Panda FPE320 diesel engine
• Fisher Panda i-Control digital remote control panel.
• 2 x 45W Solara semi-flexible, walk-on panels (2010)
• Coachroof mounted.
• Pro-Star 15 charge control (2010)
• 6 x double USB charging outlets, located throughout accommodation space.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 620ltr tank capacity.
• Fully pressurised hot and cold water system.
• Jabsco ParMax pressure pump with accumulator tank.
• 40ltr capacity calorifier.
• In-line sediment filter for pressure system
• Carbon drinking water filter in line for galley cold water faucet. (0.5 micron)
• Pressure fed tap in galley and heads.
• Pressure fed hot & cold freshwater shower at transom.
• Manually pumped tap in galley.
• HRO Seafari Escape 400SEM
• 12V DC CAT Pump & HP Energy Recovery Booster.
• Produces around 60 litres/hour.
• New membrane fitted 2017.
• Serviced including new seals 2019.
• Manual Bilge Pump - 1x Whale Gusher Titan.
• Electric Bilge Pump – 1x Level switch in bilge.
• Emergency Bilge Pump – 1x High Capacity Bilge Pump.
• Bilge High Level Alarm
• Audio alarm.
• Operated by single bilge level sensor
• 12V pump pressurised salt water system.
• Quick connector outlets on foredeck and at mast.
• Detachable hose with spray gun.
• Single stainless steel tank.
• Located in bilge space beneath saloon sole.
• 395 Litres capacity.
• Two stainless steel tanks.
• Main tank located in bilge beneath saloon sole, 405ltr capacity.
• Additional tank beneath settee, 215ltr capacity.
• Combined total capacity 620ltrs
• Tanks interlinked with shut-off valve to isolate tanks.
• Isotherm 40 Ltr capacity calorifier. (2018)
• Heated from engine or 240V AC immersion heater.
• Two independent tanks.
• Both tanks with overboard or deck discharges.
• Forward heads tank capacity - 44 Ltrs.
• Aft heads tank capacity - 40 Ltrs.
• Dual tank monitoring systems for both water and diesel tanks.
• Standard HR electric analogue gauges with senders in main water tank and fuel tank.
• ‘Tank Tender’ pneumatic pressure system with analogue gauge, for accurate fuel and water tank levels
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine eS127 HybridTouch MFD at cockpit chart table (2016).
• Raymarine RMK-10 Remote MFD Keypad at binnacle (2016)
• Raymarine ST60 Instruments for depth, log and wind
• Raymarine Quantum radar scanner with CHIRP pulse compression technology, mounted on mast (2016)
At Chart Table:
• Raymarine a95 Touchscreen MFD (2016) Connected to Sea Talk HS and integrated with radar and the eS127 MFD
• On-Board PC
• Digital barometer
• 12V DC powered low power PC.
• Windows 10 operating system.
• Wireless keyboard and mouse.
• Neovo 17” 12V DC glass fronted display.
• Full world charting software.
• NASA Marine PC Navtex Pro2 software.
• Digital Yachts iNavHub wireless NMEA Router (feeds GPS & AIS data to iPads, iPhones etc.)
• Raymarine 230E VHF with dual station speakers & handsets. Handsets replaced 2013
• Mast mounted speaker for above with fog horn and loud hailer functionality.
• Icom M802 SSB with Icom automatic tuner.
• Pactor Modem for email/weather via Sailmail or Mailasail.
• Sailor SC4000 Iridium Sat Phone, uses boat PC for weather and email.
• Digital Yachts AIS1000 Class B AIS Transponder
• Digital Yachts WL510 Wi-Fi for connecting to marina & shore Wi-Fi
• Teltonika 4G Router with external aerial, takes mobile data sim
• GN Espace Levant 4 burners, grill and oven gas cooker. (2018)
• 240V AC Microwave.
• Top loading below worktop Isotherm SP Fridge. Compressor, evaporator & thro-hull replaced 2018
• Remote control gas solenoid valve,
• Carbon drinking water filter with tap, 0.5 micron
• Eumenia 240V AC compact washing machine.
• Secured inside locker within forward heads compartment.
• Forward heads – Sanmarin 31 electric macerating toilet (2013)
• Aft Heads – Jabsco manual marine toilet
• Both heads can discharge overboard or to independent holding tanks.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto Airtop 5000 diesel fired, blown air system.
• Thermostatic cabin controller.
• Outlets in forecabin, forward heads, saloon, rear cabin, rear heads.
• Webasto unit serviced and remote temperature sensor replaced 2018
• Hella Turbo Fans to circulate air in accommodation x5
• LED light fittings or bulbs throughout accommodation space.
• 4x Alpenglow Low Energy Fluorescent Lights in Saloon, two of the units having optional red lighting (2009)
• LCD TV mounted on articulated bracket inside saloon cupboard.
• Sony Blu-Ray/DVD Player.
• Glomex Mast Head TV Antenna and powered booster.
• Alpine CDA 9886R, CD/Radio stereo.
• Logitech Bluetooth connection unit – allows mobile devices to pair with the stereo system.
• Upgraded Infinity speaker system in saloon – high quality sound.
• Sea & Symphony speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• 7 Berths
• Double forward cabin with en-suite heads.
• Three berths in aft cabin with en-suite heads.
• Two large saloon berths with lee cloths.
• All interior woodwork in the rarely found optional teak with a matt silk finish
• Locker doors with rounded edges and larger locker doors louvered for ventilation.
• Floors are varnished teak with inlaid holly stripes
• Fitted, edge bound carpets throughout (except galley) with press studs to secure. (2016)
• Saloon and aft cabin ceilings have panelling of white vinyl with mahogany strips
• Upholstery bases and mattresses 12cm thick with back rests 5cm thick.
• Curtains fitted for all skylights and portholes.
• Solid handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore
• White laminate surfaces for galley
• White Corian surfaces for heads
• Deluxe light blue cloth upholstery in accommodation cabins
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Guest cabin with en-suite heads.
• Two single berths in v-configuration, 2.13m long bunks
• Both berths fitted with lee cloths.
• In-fill section to create large double berth.
• Ample stowage above and below bunks with dresser unit to starboard aft and lockers outboard.
• Single seat and hanging locker aft of dresser.
• Large Lewmar opening deck hatch. Removable stainless steel security bars.
• Air-Only low profile deck ventilator.
• Located to port, separate compartment, accessible from aft end of forward cabin.
• Sanmarin 31 electric macerating toilet outboard.
• Shower stall aft.
• Lewmar opening deck hatch.
• Air-Only low profile deck ventilator.
• Counter top forward with recessed porcelain sink.
• Eumenia washing machine is secured inside the locker outboard of the shower.
• Occupying the full width of the boat.
• L-shaped settee seating to port.
• Full length bench settee to starboard.
• Both settees convert to single berths with lee cloths.
• Port side settee converting to 1.98m long berth. Starboard side converting to 2.13m long berth.
• Double dropleaf saloon table located centrally, bottle storage provided within central section.
• Lockers provided outboard, overhead the saloon seating, port and starboard.
• Additional generous locker space provided behind port settee back rest and beneath starboard settee.
• Large Lewmar opening deck hatch. Removable stainless steel security bars.
• Two Dorade vents.
• Bracket mounted LCD TV hidden within outboard overhead locker.
• Located to starboard side of companionway.
• White laminate finish worktops with deep varnished mahogany fiddles.
• U-shaped galley with small countertop island inboard.
• GN Espace gas 4 burner, grill and oven outboard with worktop forward and aft.
• Double, extra deep stainless steel sink inboard aft.
• Top loading fridge below worktop outboard aft.
• Microwave built in aft of worktop.
• Pull out bread board.
• Selection of lockers and drawers below worktop with lockers above outboard.
• Located to the port side of the companionway.
• Forward facing navigator’s seat with separate chart table.
• OnBoard PC screen forward of chart table with Raymarine MFD display, SSB and VHF outboard.
• Chart storage within table, additional storage drawers beneath.
• Leading from Navigation Station to aft cabin, along port side.
• Counter top and locker space immediately aft of navigators’ seat. Locker outboard.
• PC Multi-function printer located within locker beneath counter top on sliding shelf.
• Hanging locker aft outboard
• Ships main switch panel inboard.
• Bookshelves and narrow counter top aft.
• Accessed via the walk through along the port side, aft of the nav station.
• En-suite access to aft heads.
• Providing 3 berths of 2m in length running along either side of the cabin outboard.
• Single berth to port and double berth to starboard. Port berth fitted with lee cloth.
• A single seat is located between the two bunks, with storage beneath.
• Small dresser unit and hanging locker on the port side forward.
• Mirror with counter top and locker below.
• Lockers and bookshelves run the length of both bunks outboard.
• Large storage space beneath the double bunk to starboard.
• Large Lewmar opening deck hatch overhead. Fitted with removable stainless steel security bars.
• Two Dorade Vents.
• Aft cabin en-suite, located to the starboard side of the cabin.
• Jabsco manual marine toilet inboard, forward.
• Shower stall forward, outboard of the heads.
• Counter top aft with recessed porcelain sink.
• The HRO Seafari water maker is located within the locker.
• Masthead, cutter rigged sloop.
• Selden deck stepped, double spreader, silver anodised alloy mast.
• Selden silver anodised alloy spars.
• Stainless steel standing rigging with bronze rigging screws. (2011)
• Selden Furl-in mast, electric roller reefing mainsail.
• Forestay fitted with Furlex 400 roller reefing system.
• Cutter stay with Furlex 300 roller reefing system fitted new 2006.
• Running backstays – for use in heavy weather.
• Sailtec hydraulic backstay tensioner (2010)
• Selden alloy tubular chafe protectors on shrouds.
• Selden Spinnaker pole, stowing on mast.
• Selden carbon whisker pole for use with staysail. (2014)
• Hallberg-Rassy stainless steel bowsprit for flying gennaker, locates on portside bow roller.
• Halyards, outhaul, & main sheet upgraded to Cruising Dyneema.
• Spinnaker halyard in high load Dyneema, for use as emergency stay
• Mast mounted deck flood light forward.
• All winches are Lewmar Ocean, chrome, self-tailing.
• Primary Winches – 2x Electric 54, Self-tailing, two-speed.
• Secondary Winches – 1 x Electric 40, self-tailing, two-speed. 1x Manual 40, self-tailing, two-speed.
• Mast Halyard Winches – 2x 40, self-tailing, two-speed.
• Furling Mainsail - Elvstrom. EMS DC77, Vertical battens, 2011
• Furling Genoa - Elvstrom. Roller-reefing. 130%
• Furling Staysail - Elvstrom. Roller-reefing.
• Downwind Headsail – Fits onto cutter stay and furls. Rolly Tasker.
• Furling Gennaker - Elvstrom. Furlstrom with endless line furling gear, 2010
• Spare Mainsail - Elvstrom
• All headsails had UV protection replaced with Sunbrella, 2014
• Double stemhead roller with bow sprit fitting onto port side roller when required. Anchor self-stowing on starboard side roller.
• Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
• Stainless steel stanchions mounted on caprail with stainless steel guardwires.
• Guardwire gates port and starboard with central gate in pushpit to access transom.
• Alloy mooring cleats mounted on cap rail forward, midships and aft.
• Tubular stainless steel guard over forward deck ventilator.
• Stainless steel liferaft cradle, deck mounted forward of windscreen.
• Lewmar Ocean genoa tracks with towable cars controlled from cockpit.
• Lewmar Ocean main sheet track.
• Bimini frame. – Stainless steel tubular frame
• Cockpit table – folding table secured to forward face of binnacle.
• Stainless steel antenna mounting pole to starboard side of transom.
• Outboard lifting davit – swivelling stainless steel tubular davit.
• Teak outboard bracket on stern pulpit, with lock for outboard.
• G&T seats on port and starboard sides of transom.
• Folding stainless steel swimming ladder fixed on transom.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Bower Anchor - Spade 30kg Anchor (2018) on 100 metres of 8mm Aqua 7 high-tensile chain rode, re-galvanised 2018.
• Kedge Anchor - Fortress FX 37 aluminium kedge anchor with 5m of chain and 90m of 16mm Anchorplait rode.
• Spare Anchor - Delta, 25kg plough anchor.
• Electric Windlass - Lewmar V3 windlass. Vertical windlass with chain gypsy and warping drum. Foot button controls on foredeck (2013)
• Anchorman wireless chain-counter and remote control (2013)
• Ankarolina flat anchor line on spool, can be fitted on aft starboard rail for stern mooring.
• Sprayhood – Light grey canvas Sunbrella fabric. Hallberg-Rassy supplied. (2016)
• Cockpit Tent - Light grey canvas fabric. Zip-out window panels port, starboard and aft. Hallberg-Rassy supplied.
• Bimini Cover - Light grey canvas Sunbrella fabric. Hallberg-Rassy supplied. (2016)
• Sun Shade – Fits over boom, secured to side guys and with lines fore and aft.
• Cockpit Cushions – 5x Bottomsider vinyl coated foam cushions, custom shaped. (2015)
• Winter Cover - fits with mast on, using boom and spinnaker pole for support.
• Tender - Avon Hypalon Rib 315 (2008)
• Outboard - Yamaha 9.9hp 4-stroke (2008)
• Dyneema Lifting Bridle, for rib & outboard.
• Bosuns chair - Swi-Tech
• Gangway - Calibra Optima, folding, lightweight polyurethane (2011)
• Bow Ladder – Hallberg-Rassy supplied item, tubular stainless steel.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as Liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Masthead Tri-colour & Anchor light – LED bulbs
• Steaming Light – Hella Marine LED unit. (2016)
• Low Level Bow – Hella Marine LED port and starboard lights (2016)
• Low Level Stern – Aqua Signal mounted on antenna pole.
• Digital Yachts Lifeguard AIS MOB Alarm (2014)
• EPIRB - GME Acusat, dual frequency. (2016)
• Liferaft - Viking RescYou 4 person, canister (2016)
• Lifesling MOB Recovery Sling
• Inflatable Jonboy – Mounting on pushpit rail, serviced 2016
• Burke Marine Seabrake drogue
• Webbing Jackstays x 2
• Echomax radar reflector mounted on mast
• CO detector & smoke detectors
• Gas Detector and Gas Sensor
• 3 x fire extinguishers below deck
• 1 x automatic fire extinguisher in engine room
• 2 x fire extinguishers in cockpit locker
Viewing arrangementsLying, Argyll, Scotland
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Mark Cameron
Tel: Mobile: +44 (0)7988 763254
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.