1991 HATTERAS 38 CONVERTIBLE
€80,000 tax paid
Not launched in Europe until 1998
|Manufacturer/Model||Hatteras 38 Convertible|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Engine||2x GM Detroit 6-71TI 485hp|
|Drinking Water Capacity||435l|
DescriptionVery lightly used Hatteras 38 Convertible originally built for the Gulf market, but launched in Europe in 1998. Powered by twin Detroit 485hp diesels and boasting a great master forward cabin. Great outside space in the flybridge and cockpit.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With her keel laid in 1990 and her build completed in 1991, CAPRICCIO was destined for the Gulf Market, but was subsequently launched ‘brand new’ in early 1998 and VAT paid in France.
A great example of the twin-helm position Hatteras 38 Convertible, CAPRICCIO has benefitted from plenty of recent updates and upgrades including a Euro 45k refit in France in 2011, a machinery overhaul in April 2018 and circa Euro 24k of recent invoices.
“Two strong currents collide near Cape Hatteras: pride and perseverance. We’re a product of the storied coastal waters from which we borrow our name. Unforgiving seas where, for hundreds of years, dreams were sacrificed and legends born. So when others say we’re obsessed with over-engineering every detail, we know it is simply the right way to build a yacht. The uncompromising union of inspired design, breakthrough innovation and unmatched craftsmanship.
Our commitment began over 55 years ago when Hatteras founder, Willis Slane, envisioned a new breed of fishing boat. One strong enough to tame the waves off Cape Hatteras. What followed was the birth of a legend. Beginning with the Knit Wits, the 40-foot fiberglass yacht that revolutionized the industry, Hatteras served notice that our yachts would now be the standard to which all others were judged – above and below the waterline.”
“The more recent sibling to the 36 and 37 Convertibles, it's very much the same boat but with the furniture arranged differently and a tad larger. It's 1'10" longer than the 37 and weighs about 3,000 pounds more, but you'll still find it with those great 6-71 Detroit Diesels that will push it along at respectable speeds…
As mentioned in my other reviews, one thing I really like about this boat is that it is about as low maintenance as you can get. There is really very little to keep up with on the exterior - no wood, no cheap plastic or aluminum junk to run the maintenance bills up…
…When it comes to convertible sedans of this size, there are two ways to go. You can have a good sea performer, or you can have a beautiful, spacious interior. You can't have both. Hatteras opted, as they always have, for performance, and that's what this boat is all about.
…In terms of overall quality for a production boat, they don't get any better than this unless you want to move up to a late model at double the price. The interior is your basic Hatteras Afromosia dark paneling in the salon, with light vinyls forward to lighten things up a bit.”
David Pascoe – Marine Surveyor
• Our understanding is that the boat is exempt from the Recreational Craft Directive as she was first placed into use with the EU prior to 16th June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• All GRP with non-slip moulded decks.
• GRP hard top above cockpit
• White GRP topsides with black style lines
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x GM Detroit GM Detroit 6-71TI 485hp two-stroke gear-driven Roots supercharged diesel engines producing 485hp each at 2,200rpm
• Single lever throttle/gear controls
• Fire extinguisher system in the engine room
• Engine hours – approx. 1,000 as of May 2018
• Engine serviced in 2018
• Cruising speed – approx 21 knots
• Maximum speed – approx 25 knots
• Onan 220vAC diesel generator 9 Kw
• Generator serviced in 2018
Propulsion & Steering:
• Shaft drives
• Rudders with hydraulic steering
• Trim tabs with indicators at helm
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower or generator
• 3x 12v services batteries – 2018
• 3x 12v engines and services start batteries
Charging / Inverter:
• Battery charger
• 2x 12v engine mounted alternators
• 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main internally
• AC/DC panel with circuit breakers
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Water is pressurised by 12vDC high-pressure pump system
• Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
• Hot water boiler tank via 220v immersion heater element.
• 2x electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Approx 2,000 litres fuel capacity in 1x built-in tank
• Approx 435 litres water capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Furuno RP 110 Chartplotter with Radar
• Raymarine Autohelm autopilot Seatalk ST6000
• GPS Velsat 02L MRL Electronique
• GPS Furuno Marine GP-7000 with color chartplotter
• Sonar and Autopilot ST6002
• 2x Compasses
• Shipmate VHF with dual station
• Handheld VHF
• 220vAC electric stove
• Rowenta oven
• Waeco fridge
• 12v electric head
• Sink with hot & cold fresh water supply
Heating & Ventilation:
• 220vAC Reverse cycle air-conditioning and heating system in each cabin from Frigomar
• Alpine Hi-fi system with interior and exterior speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 4 berths in two cabins plus further settee berth in saloon. One heads.
• Master cabin forward with centreline double berth.
• Master cabin heads aft.
• Twin bunk beds guest cabin aft to starboard.
• Steps up to saloon with L-shaped settee to starboard.
• Galley aft to port.
• Hatteras Afromosia dark panelling in the salon.
• Light vinyls.
• Blue carpeting.
• Carpeting and sofa cover replaced 2017
• Hydraulic two step foldable gangway with remote control.
• Underwater LED lights
• Wet bar in cockpit with sink and fridge
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 750w Lofran Electric windlass with remote control in cabin and flybridge.
• Anchor with chain
• Spare anchor
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Bimini top on flybridge and cockpit
• Lateral curtains water proof
• Cockpit cushions
Tender & Outboard:
• Tender 2,30 m – 2017
• Honda 2HP outboard engine – 2017
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Offshore survival liferaft – valid until 2019
Viewing arrangementsLying Naples, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.