2007 HYLAS 70
$770,000 tax not paid
CE Certified and US Taxes paid Hylas 70
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Lying||Nr. Barcelona, Spain|
|Engine||Yanmar 4LHA-STP 240hp|
|Drinking Water Capacity||1514l|
DescriptionBeautifully presented and professionally maintained centreboard Hylas 70 with fantastic specification. CE marked and ready to go in Europe or further afield. A very rare opportunity.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The 70-foot (21.2m) sailing yacht AMANTE is ideal for those looking to sail as a family or employ a crew.
AMANTE is a capable blue-water sailing yacht that can take you wherever you wish to travel on the world’s oceans. Aiding in sail performance as well as allowing the yacht to access shallow harbors, AMANTE features a lifting keel.
The yacht’s interior is finely crafted in solid teak joinery and exudes classic elegance. AMANTE’s spacious salon boasts a large L-shaped settee with a beautiful burled high-low table that expands to accommodate six; the area feels light and open thanks to its numerous hatches and windows. The luxury sailing yacht accommodates six to eight guests in four staterooms. Her large master stateroom is a private oasis with a queen size-bed, en-suite bath and six portholes that fill the space with natural light. Her guest staterooms include a stateroom with a queen-sized bed, a stateroom with a double bed and an over under bunked stateroom that is suitable for guests or crew.
The sailing yacht boasts a spectacular central cockpit that is ideal for dining alfresco, relaxing and taking in the views as you sail. Just aft are twin helms that allow for everyone to feel a part of the group.
Since her launch AMANTE has been exceptionally maintained and upgraded. In Spring 2019, the yacht is receiving general service to her rudder and shafts, replacing the standing rigging and having her mast checked and painted.
AMANTE has RCD / EU certification, category A, Marshall Islands flag, and US duties paid.
The new flagship Hylas 70 stands in a class of it’s own. With over thirty years in the making, this new fully found world cruiser will not disappoint. Meticulous thought, development, planning and an investment in the finest naval architecture in the world adorn this vessel. This seamlessly sculpted yacht offers flawless functionality, custom interiors and reliability all at a value that is second to none. Whether you’re a coastal cruiser or potential circumnavigator, you need not look any further.
ABOUT HYLAS YACHTS
The Queen Long Marine shipyard, founder and owner of the Hylas Yachts brand since 1985, has produced sailboats for over 40 years. Located in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, the shipyard is home to a 32,000 sq ft main construction hall, a laminating hall, a large paint facility, extensive design and administration offices, as well as the famous full-sized yacht testing tank complete with a thriving population of ornamental Koi Carp.
With over 520 vessels launched so far, Hylas Yachts pride themselves on a reputation for customized luxury yachts at a competitive price point.
• CE Certification Directive 94/25/CE (Category "A" Ocean)
• Solid hand-laid Twaron reinforced fiberglass hull using vinylester resins and isophthalic gel coat with epoxy barrier coating. There is a watertight collision bulkhead aft of forepeak locker.
• In 2008 the hull topsides were Awlgrip painted in “Stars & Stripes blue” with clear coat, gold cove stripe, white boot stripe, and black bottom.
• Underwater hull was stripped, sanded and newly painted Jan 2017. New antifouling March 2019.
• There is a teak rub-rail with stainless striker and six Lexan topside windows.
• Fibreglass with balsa core, white gelcoat and moulded-in tan non-skid.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• "Scooped" transom with moulded-in steps, swim platform and built-in swim ladder.
• There is a transom garage door that opens hydraulically for easy access to extensive storage space with custom shelving, along with large corner lazarette lockers each side accessible on the aft deck.
• On the foredeck, there is a deep forepeak locker with line hangers and separate split chain locker forward.
• Teak toe rails are bare with rounded edges for easy maintenance.
• All stainless deck hardware including grab rails, six stainless hatches, numerous opening portholes and dorade vents, double anchor rollers, genoa tracks, mooring cleats, chocks etc.
• Stainless bow protection plate added 2017.
• Stainless deck fairlead shields, added 2015.
• One of the many highlights of AMANTE’s design is the spacious cockpit with twin helm stations for easy access from the aft deck and great visibility while steering. The cockpit seating was customized by the owner to maximize seating for ten comfortably around a beautiful varnished 6’ teak table with built-in drink cooler. Table stripped and re-varnished Dec 2017.
• Teak in cockpit replaced Jan 2017.
• The twin helms are designed for short-handed sailing with all sail controls within easy reach.
• Each station can be engaged independently and features customized back-lit panels (2009)
Keel & Rudder:
• Centreboard configuration offers minimum draft of 8”-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 12-’4” with board down.
• The rudder is a semi-skegged GRP blade for optimal performance, strength and protection.
• The draft of the rudder is less than the keel, to ensure full protection in case of accidental grounding.
Engine & Mechanical Equipment:
• Yanmar 4LHA-STP 240 hp diesel with drip-less shaft seal, shaft isolation coupler and Maxi 3-blade feathering propeller (propeller had a factory rebuild 2014).
• Spring 2019 shaft out for 10 year service, new bearings at P bracket and hull exit.
• Shaft cutters and line deflector for rudder
• Flowscan fuel monitoring system
• Electric oil change pump for main engine and generator
• Dual Racor fuel filters with bypass valves for fuel polishing
• Fuel tanks cleaned and fuel polished 2019
• Fireboy automatic engine room fire extinguisher
• Engine hours approx. 5125 hrs at 3-2019
• Bowthruster: Lewmar 300 kfg 24 volt (2 new batteries and charger 2016)
• Generator: Fischer Panda 15 Kw/24 volt DC generator, new in 2011 (approx. 1760 hours 3-2019).
• Air-conditioning: Central dual-stage Cruisair chilled water air-conditioning system
• Heating & hot water: Diesel fired furnace for continuous hot water and cabin heating.
• 11 gallon hot water tank and back-up electrical heating coil.
• Water-maker: Spectra 40 GPH DC watermaker.
• AMANTE features a customized electrical system whereby all AC functions are powered by multiple heavy-duty inverters, drawing from a large 24 volt battery bank that is charged directly from shore power or via a DC generator. In addition, all key systems – refrigeration, hydraulics, navigation, lighting, water, waste pumps, water heater, heads, water-maker – are DC based.
• This provides two primary advantages: universal shore power compatibility around the world, and the ability to run “quiet ship” for extended periods of time.
• Features include:
• 24 Volt DC electrical system with custom panels and full meters for managing current flow.
• Gen-set battery monitor added 2016.
• Interior lights and dimmers retrofitted with LED lighting summer 2015.
• TV/phone inlet
• Numerous shore cables and European adapters.
• Electrical bonding system including two 3” copper strips bow to stern each side.
• 12-volt plugs in cockpit and at nav station.
• Cabin fans at each berth and in main salon and galley.
• Exhaust blowers for all heads.
• Central vacuum system with toe-kick sweep inlets
• Vimar light switches with dimmers throughout.
• Custom monitor panels for easy fuel and water tank level management.
• Rope accent and foot lighting throughout including cockpit.
• Multi-colour selectable courtesy lights below.
• Twin underwater lights at transom.
• Transom stair lighting.
• LED navigation lights.
• Large house bank with Victron AGM 12 volt batteries, total 1,470 amp-hrs (all new spring 2017).
• Separate battery banks for engine, generator, electronics and bow thruster.
• Bow thruster battery new spring 2016; Battery for electronics new spring 2017).
Charging / Inverters:
• (4) Victron 100 amp/24 volt battery chargers.
• (6) Victron 3 Kw inverters to power all AC functions (with the exception of dive compressor and air conditioning, which runs off the generator).
• Victron battery charger balancer added 2016.
• Balmar 220 amp alternator in addition to standard 70 amp (NEW 2014).
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Tecma automatic toilets with fresh water flush and custom controls. New toilet seats in 2017.
• Pressurized fresh water with dual pumps.
• Seagull IV-X6 water filtration system plumbed to all cold-water taps.
• (3) Gray water tanks and (2) black water tanks, all fibreglass, each with custom monitor panel and automatic pump out.
• Three automatic electric bilge pumps plus lazarette pump. Manual bilge pump.
• 2,650 litres fuel capacity
• 1,514 litres fresh water capacity
• Holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine GPS/Chart plotter with dual sensors, GS 125 glass bridge displays at each helm,
• 12” ES display in cockpit.
• GS 165 glass bridge display at nav station.
• Plus option to display on the salon TV screen.
• Raymarine sailing instruments with speed, wind and depth in cockpit and repeaters at nav station.
• Chart plotters upgraded to current generation 2017 with wi-fi and iPad integration.
• Radar upgraded 2017 to Quantum digital wireless system.
• Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot with remote at nav station, plus wireless remote
• Lenovo laptop (Oct 2015), fax, printer and interface with plotter, GPS, sat phone.
• WiFi on mast with boat network – system upgrade 2015.
• Digital fishfinder
• Sirius weather
• Deck camera viewable on nav station chart plotter screen.
• ICOM M-802 SSB
• ICOM 504 VHF
• Immarsat satphone with internet interface
• Cell phone repeater on mast
• Granite countertops (inboard galley counter, sinks and faucets replaced Oct 2015).
• Twin Frigoboat Stainless Steel front-opening DC refrigerator units (can be used as freezer units)
• Frigoboat top opening DC freezer compartment
• Novacool beverage cooler/refrigerator adjacent companionway for convenient day use
• U-line icemaker
• Force 10 propane stove with oven and granite cover
• GE Advantium convection/microwave oven
• Fisher & Paykel dishwasher drawer
• Broan trash compactor
• Espresso machine
• Instant hot water dispenser
• Full complement of dishes, glasses, cutlery, galley ware, etc.
• Full-sized stacked Miele stainless washer and dryer units at aft end.
• (6) Opening portholes for exceptional light and ventilation.
• 230v Euro style outlets added to galley in 2016.
• Galley cabinets were refinished 2016.
• Main salon widescreen 47” multi-region TV, with lift to hide from view.
• Plus a 42” US TV on the forward bulkhead.
• Custom flat screen TV in owner’s cabin hidden behind one-way mirror.
• TV’s to salon and owner cabin upgraded 2017.
• Flat screen TV’s in each double guest cabin.
• Independent DVD players and audio amplifiers in each cabin (all iPOD ready).
• Alpine entertainment management system to feed audio to all cabins and cockpit.
• Jamo speakers and controls throughout.
• Blu-Ray system added to saloon and aft cabin in 2017.
• KVH Tracvision sat TV will track both US and Euro satellites.
• Upgrade of satellite TV dish and electronics to current generation in 2017.
Summary of Accommodation:
• Three ensuite owner/guest cabins, plus additional ensuite crew/guest cabin.
• Finely crafted solid teak joinery work finished to a high level throughout the interior, including all flush mounted raised panel or louvered cabinet doors and burled fiddle inlays.
• Cabin soles are satin finished teak with ebony inlays and custom locking mechanisms.
• Head and shower areas are all painted white Awlgrip and feature Corian vanity tops, solid Corian sinks and heated towel racks.
• Hanging lockers are lined with cedar.
• There are Oceanair hatch screens/blinds throughout with motorized shades in main salon. Upholstery is custom leather, with custom mattresses, tasteful bedding, towels and other décor throughout.
• There are also crew covers and sole covers.
• Interior cabin sole was stripped and newly varnished spring 2017.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM:
• Beginning forward is a private stateroom with a centre-line queen berth, seat and significant storage space including two large hanging lockers. There are two hull portlights and a deck hatch. An ensuite head is forward along with a shower stall shared with the port guest cabin.
PORT GUEST STATEROOM:
• Forward of the main salon and to port is the second guest cabin, featuring a generous double berth, hanging locker and multiple drawers. There are three opening portholes and a deck hatch. A head and shower stall is across the passageway which can be closed off at night to provide ensuite access. New mattress 2017.
• AMANTE’s main salon is quite spacious for a vessel of this size, due in part to her generous 18’ beam. A large L-settee is to port, with a beautiful burled table that expands as needed to accommodate six comfortably, and can be raised or lowered by electric lift. Two custom chairs are inboard with anchors for tie-down while underway. To starboard is a full length settee with an up/down flat screen TV hidden from view. The entire space feels light and open due to numerous hatches, white-trimmed deck port-lights and two hull windows.
• Aft and to starboard is a U-shaped navigation station with easy access to the cockpit. There are built-in backlit switch panels, navigation instruments, a comfortable pedestal chair, plus remote control panels for the watermaker, furnace, fuel usage and tank monitors. The workspace also includes a chart table with custom storage for computer.
• Navigation desk area re-varnished 2016.
• Further aft and to port is a long walk-through galley that is fully equipped for comfortable living at sea or on anchor. There are several well thought out storage lockers for glass, dinnerware and appliances including a full pantry
CREW QUARTERS/GUEST CABIN:
• A passageway leads aft along the starboard side to the owner’s cabin with a roomy fourth cabin outboard – quite suitable for crew or guests --with over/under berths. Plus a private head and shower stall. There are two opening portholes in the head area.
• The owner's private stateroom is located aft and features a large queen size berth on centerline with a bureau to port and seat/desk area to starboard. Extended beam is carried well aft to create a spacious, open cabin accentuated by twin hull port-lights, a deck hatch and six opening portholes. Owner’s bed had a new mattress in 2016. New TV installed 2017.
• A private head with separate shower stall and opening porthole is found along the port side, with a passageway forward to the laundry and galley that can be opened when desired.
• Note: Mast out February 2019 and painted, plus all standing rod rigging checked and serviced / replaced as needed.
• Forespar three spreader aluminium mast, painted white.
• Navtec rod standing rigging.
• Leisure Furl hydraulic in-boom mainsail furling system (boom painted 2014)
• Furlex hydraulic genoa and staysail furlers (genoa furler rebuilt 2014)
• Mast was unstepped in winter 2014 and had a full rig check including ultrasound.
• PBO running backstays with retrieving lines (backstays replaced 2016).
• Carbon spinnaker/whisker pole, stored on mast (painted 2014).
• Navtec hydraulic boom vang and split backstay controls.
• Boom preventer built-in.
• Lewmar mainsheet traveller system.
• Genoa and staysail sheets, mainsail sheet & mainsail halyard all new summer 2015
• Steaming light; Foredeck light; Aft flood light; Up/down spreader lights.
• Deck floodlight, mast down-lights and mast up-lights replaced to LED in summer 2015.
• Air horn.
• Remote wireless controls for furlers, main/spinnaker halyards and transom garage door
• Winches (being re-chromed winter 2017-18):
• Antal W 80-3 hydraulic self-tailing primary winches
• Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing mainsheet and main/spinnaker halyard winches
• Antal W 66 hydraulic self-tailing staysail/runner winches
• Antal W 44 self-tailing traveller control winches
• Antal W 52 self-tailing genoa and staysail halyard winches at mast
• Doyle Hydranet full battened furling mainsail.
• Doyle Hydranet 135% furling genoa.
• Doyle furling staysail.
• Doyle asymmetrical spinnaker.
• (Sails are original – main and genoa are worn)
• Multiple stainless beverage holders throughout the cockpit.
• Stern pulpit extended to side gates with drop-down teak pushpit seats each side
• Hot/cold shower at transom.
• Ritchie 6” compass at each pedestal with stainless grab bars.
• 20- and 10-lb propane tanks and regulator in ventilated deck locker.
• Varnished teak companionway hatch with drop-down self-storage.
• Dinghy chocks receivers on foredeck.
• Leather steering wheel covers.
• Leather swim ladder handle / stern bumper covers.
• Stainless gas grill.
• Numerous spares.
• Full tool kit with custom storage racks in engine room.
• Clark dive compressor
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Twin Lewmar hydraulic anchor windlasses.
• 50 kg Bruce anchor with 300’ ½” chain plus 150’ rode.
• Delta 90 lb. anchor with 300’ ½” chain plus 150’ rode.
• Fenders and dock lines. Shoreline reel and cord for stern tie.
• Carbon fibre passarelle / gangway.
• Teak/stainless side boarding ladders, port and starboard.
• Anchor wash-down pump (fresh and salt water)
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Adjustable white and blue lighting wired into bimini
• Cockpit cushions with backrest cushions
• Helm cushions with backrest bolsters
• Covers for cockpit table and helm stations
• Dodger and bimini (tan), with clear connector, helm windows and full enclosures – (sprayhood, bimini and cockpit enclosure new winter 2015-16).
Tender & Outboard
• AB 13 AL dinghy with aluminium bottom (2012), with storage covers.
• Honda 30 hp outboard motor (2012).
• Tender stows on Simpson stainless steel dinghy davits with electric hoist.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Winslow 8-man liferaft in valise
• Switlik MOM
• (8) Life jackets
• Ditch bag with EPIRB, supplies
• Sea anchor
• Twin radar reflectors on mast
• Flare kit
• Full medical kit
Viewing arrangementsLying Nr. Barcelona
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.