2015 ICE YACHTS ICE 52
€850,000 tax not paid
BRING OFFERS - 2016-launched
|Manufacturer/Model||Ice Yachts ICE 52|
|Designer||Felci Yacht Design|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||Volvo D2-75 75hp|
|Hull Construction||Carbon epoxy sandwich|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||500l|
DescriptionLaunched in 2016 and used sparingly as a demonstrator, SKIDBLADNER II is an ‘as new’ example of the ultra-modern Felci-designed 52ft performance cruiser from the renowned Ice Yachts (formerly CN Yacht 2000). Boasting a huge cruising spec plus 2.55m keel for practical sailing in Scandinavian waters. Available ex VAT for non-EU buyers.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
One of the latest designs in the Felci-designed ICE Yachts range, SKIDBLADNER II was one of the first examples on the water. Transported to Sweden by road and used sparingly as a demonstrator, she has been professionally maintained and never put away wet. Her standard of build and specification is second to none. The fitment of a shallow draft keel gives SKIDBLADNER II peerless practicality, whilst her Hall Spars carbon rig and high-tech sail wardrobe ensures blistering performance in all conditions. Fitted out with a luxurious teak interior complete with 3-cabins and 2-heads, plus all the cruising comforts necessary for effortless living aboard, SKIDBLADNER II offers a complete package for the performance-minded blue water sailor. Her highlights are many and include:-
• Hybrid carbon and fibreglass hull and deck with epoxy resins
• Topsides painted in Dupont ‘Porsche Silver Metallic’
• Teak laid decks
• Lewmar flush deck hatches
• Low 2.55m draft Weldox steel keel with lead performance bulb CNC machined and optimised
• Tender garage for 2.70m RIB (Zodiac inflatable and 4hp Yamaha outboard included)
• Upgraded 75hp Volvo engine with newly replaced Saildrive gearbox and very low hours
• 4-bladed Max Prop feathering prop
• Carbon fibre Solimar helm wheels
• Carbon fibre Hall Spars rig
• Carbon bow sprit with furling gennaker
• Hydraulic adjustment for backstays and vang
• Electric Antal winch package
• Millenium carbon sail package including gennaker
• North Sails 3di sale package including gennaker
• Raymarine navigation package with radar, twin plotters and AIS
• 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
• Teak interior joinery
• Leather upholstery
• Fridge, freezer and wine cellar
• 40” LCD TV and stereo system
• Electric heads
• Eberspacher heating
• Condaria air-conditioing
• 4.5kw generator
• Schenker modular watermaker
SKIDBLADNER II is stored ashore every year from late Autumn until late Spring. She is shrink-wrapped and her running rigging is removed. All maintenance is carried out by professionals and her sail wardrobe is stored and serviced at the North Sails loft in Stockholm. Prior to launch each Spring she benefits from a full hull clean/wax/seal and fresh antifouling. Added to this, as SKIDBLADNER II has been sailed in the Baltic Sea throughout her life, she has benefitted from the extremely low levels of UV salt water content, significantly reduced the aging of her cosmetic surfaces and systems.
** Meaning of the boat name - Skidbladner (Old West Nordic: Skíðblaðnir, "composed of small thin wooden boards") is in ancient Viking mythology the god Frej's magical ship in which all the Asa gods are contained. Frej can fold the ship together like a tablecloth and put it in his purse when it is not needed. Skibladner also always have tail winds regardless of the direction the ship is sailing and can sail over ground and water. Skidbladner (like English “she” = Shedbladner) were built by the dwarfs and the sons of Ivalde.
The ICE YACHTS boat-yard presents in the market the new ICE 52, a fast cruise dedicates to passionate and competent owners that seek enjoyment and strong emotions at the helm. Built with highly innovative materials and advanced construction techniques the ICE 52 is in a league of it’s own in all that regards performance, comfort on board and ability to take on even the toughest conditions at sea. Excellent for demanding cruises and regattas.
The design is inspired by the boats smaller sibling, the ICE 33 a killer regatta boat, from which it takes the “scimitar-like” design of the bow and “smiling” carving shape of the stern. The project has been realized by Felci Yacht Design and the production is done in the historic site of Yacht 2000, construction yard that has had over thirty years of experience and has completed more than 80 prestigious maxi-yachts.
The hydrodynamics are nothing less than impressive. The water lines allow the ICE 52 to glide at very high speeds due to its max beam of 4.65m and the carefully studied appendages also grant the yacht great upwind capabilities: the ICE 52 shows no problem in taking on wind coming from extremely narrow angles.
To guarantee this level of performance are the advanced technologies used in the construction process and the elevated skill of the artisans which have great experience and expertise in their field.
The ICE52 was born as a "synthesis" of the very current ICE33s, whose innovative incredibly performing hull developed in years of racing and research by Felci Yacht, has demonstrated exceptional performance in all conditions and of the ICE62 Fast Cruisers, where the basic concept, that is that of fast, safe and comfortable cruising develops with a modern and elegant style that gives these yachts an undisputed prestige.
To succeed in this ambitious goal, we started from the modeling of an extremely avant-garde hull with hydrodynamic solutions generally adopted for racing boats, without compromise, transferred to this fast cruiser project.
Thus a high-performance and exploitable boat was built outside, with simple, extremely functional equipment, as far as possible with the bridge free from maneuvers and at the same time comfortable and highly habitable inside, where traditional carpentry and composite materials are well mixed to obtain a light, yet comfortable boat. The choice of appendices that use particularly optimized profiles is important for performance; thanks to the considerable percentage of weight in the keel, a high straightening moment is obtained, synonymous with stability, performance and safety. The sail plan follows exactly the same philosophy, that is, that of being derived from racing, but with all the simplifications that make it suitable for a cruise crew.
• Our understanding is that this yacht complies with the RCD and is categorised A – unlimited offshore.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull and deck are laminated with infusion technique, in sandwich of composite materials using hybrid glass-carbon fibres with epoxy resin and PVC foam core with different density and thickness.
• The use of 3-step infusion process (infusion on the outer skin, vacuum bonded core, infusion on the inner skin) was chosen because it allows to obtain an optimal control of the laminate with a maximum percentage of the final resin equal to 35-40%; therefore, necessary to obtain minimum weight and maximum mechanical properties of the laminate.
• The localized reinforcements are made with unidirectional and biaxial carbon fibres.
• The structures either longitudinal or transverse (bulkheads and floors) are entirely vacuum laminated in epoxy sandwich using glass-carbon fibres and PVC foam cores at various densities.
• Bulkheads are flanged for better join to the deck.
• Many composite elements are post cured with heat treatment.
• Many elements of furniture are made with foam sandwich light woods.
• Bulkheads fore and aft are completely watertight and equipped with grommets.
• Tanks are structural for increased rigidity and better use of space.
• The chainplates for the shrouds, forestay and backstay are composite and steel for optimum strength and longevity.
• Topsides sprayed in Dupont ‘Porsche Silver Metallic’
• Side decks and cockpit laid in teak.
Keel & Rudder:
• Low 2.55m draft Weldox steel fin with lead bulb
• Keel blade and bulb CNC machined and optimised
• Carbon fibre balanced rudder with aluminium stock
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-75, 4-cylinder common rail diesel engine producing 75hp @ 3,000rpm
• Freshwater cooling engine cooling
• Saildrive gearbox – replaced 2019
• Single lever electronic throttle control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 250 as of January 2020
• Date of last engine service – Autumn 2019 ahead of winterising – carried out by Volvo Penta Service Centre
Propulsion & Steering:
• Max Prop 4-bladed feathering propeller
• 12vDC Sleipner Side Power retractable bowthruster
• Twin carbon helm wheels from Solimar with hide covering
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower, inverter or generator.
• 1x 12vDC engine start battery
• 1x 12vDC bowthruster battery
• 1x 12vDC generator start battery
• 6x 12vDC service batteries joined in parallel
• Mastervolt battery monitoring system
Charging / Inverter:
• Mastervolt 12vDC battery chargers for engine, bowthruster, generator and service start batteries
• Mastervolt inverter
• Dynamica MINI series 220vAC diesel generator producing approx 4.5kw
• 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for engine and start battery bank
• 220vAC shore power system with ring main and 220vAC sockets within interior
• 12v sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 12vDC pressurised fresh water system
• Hot water supplied by engine-driven calorifier and 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank.
• Schenker modular watermaker producing approx 60 litres per hour
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit
• 360 litres fuel capacity
• 500 litres fresh water capacity in 2x 250 litre tanks
• Black water holding tank system for heads.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x Raymarine e95 Hybrid Touch colour touch screen GPS chart plotter multi-function displays at helm pedestals
• Raymarine High Definition digital radar scanner on mast with carbon bracket
• 4x Raymarine A75 jumbo touch screen multi-displays at mast base in carbon bracket
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
• 2x Raymarine p70 autopilot control heads on port and starboard helm pedestals with course computer and gyro compass
• 2x steering compasses as helm pedestals
• Raymarine Hybrid Touch colour touch screen GPS chart plotter multi-function display
• Raymarine AIS receiver
• Raymarine Ray260 VHF with DSC and remote station in cockpit
• Alpes Inox stainless steel gas stove with 3-burners and oven
• 220vAC microwave oven
• 220vAC microwave oven
• Twin Corian inset sinks with pressurised water supply
• Front opening fridge/ frezer
• Top opening fridge / freezer
• 8 bottle wine cellar
• 2x electric heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with showers
Heating & Ventilation:
• Eberspacher diesel-fired hot-air cabin heating system with outlets in all cabins
• Condaria 220vAC air-conditioning with outlets in saloon and master cabin
• LG 40” LCD TV at main bulkhead
• Sony music system
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in 3 cabins plus saloon. Two heads.
• Teak interior joinery with sandwich construction
• Teak floors
• White vinyl headlinings
• Corian counters in galley and heads
• Cream leather upholstery in saloon
Accommodation layout from Forward:
• Owner’s cabin forward with island double berth.
• Owner’s ensuite heads to port
• Saloon amidships with u-shaped settee to port around dining table.
• Further settee/day bed to starboard
• L-shaped galley aft port
• Ctable area at aft end of saloon to starboard facing aft.
• Aft heads with separate shower stall to starboard
• Twin aft double cabins with hanging lockers
• Carbon fibre mast and boom by Hall Spars – black painted finish
• Keel-stepped fractional rig with 2-sets of swept-back spreaders
• LED spreader lights and boom lights
• Low-friction battencars with Antal track on mast
• Mast jack with 6 gauge pump
• Reckman hydraulic control system for split-backstay and vang
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• German mainsheet system
• Bartel 12vDC electric genoa furler with below-deck drum
• Carbon fibre bowsprit
• Karver furling gear for gennaker
• Staysail preparation on deck with staysail halyard and lines
• Spectra halyards
• Antal winch package
• 2x electric 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches
• 2x manual 2-speed self-tailing genoa winches
• 1x electric 2-speed self-tailing main halyard winch at companionway
• 1x manual 2-speed self-tailing halyard winche at companionway
• North Sails 3Di mainsail – 2019
• North Sails 3Di No.1 jib – 2019
• North Sails 250sqm Gennaker - 2017
• Millenium Sails Offshore Carbon fully-battened mainsail with 2-reefs - 2016
• Millenium Sails Offshore Carbon furling genoa – 2016
• Millenium Sails Carbon staysail - 2016
• Millenium Sails 270sqm furling gennaker – 2016
• All sails serviced by North Sails in Stockholm every year.
• Stainless steel pushpits, pulpit, guardwire stanchions and side-boarding gates
• Lewmar flush deck hatches
• Folding transom with swimming platform and tender garage for tender up to 2.70m
• Carbon fibre cockpit table
• LED navigation lights
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchor mounted to bowsprit
• 12vDC electric anchor windlass
• 25kgs Delta anchor with 50m of 10mm chain
• Pop-up mooring cleats
• Fenders and warps
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac 2.70m inflatable tender
• Yamaha 4hp outboard
Covers and Canvas:
• Sprayhood with stainless steel frame recessed into coachroof
• Bimini with cockpit tent attachments
• Mainsail stackpack with lazyjacks
• Millenium Sails genoa cover
• Helm wheel covers
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying Stockholm, Sweden
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.