Very lightly used and beautifully presented 2018 example of the carbon composite Ice Yachts ICECAT 61. Offering blistering cruising speeds, coupled with a stunning 3-cabin plus crew interior layout.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Italy’s ICE YACHTS is known for its luxurious, speedy and beautiful monohulls, and now it too has turned its attention to multihulls. The ICE CAT 61, designed by Enrico Contreas, is a speedy bluewater boat that embraces some fashionable design concepts but rejects others—for instance, Contreas believes that bows on a cruising boat should also be working platforms and that’s why the boat does not have the trendy reverse bows seen on many performance cats. It does however have daggerboards and a generous sail plan.
In addition to the solid standard equipment, STELLA ROSSA benefits from the following upgrades:
• Carbon Epoxy infused hull
• Carbon daggerboards with 1.10m – 2.50m draft range
• Carbon fibre mast and boom
• Composite standing rigging
• Spectra running rigging
• Antal electric winches
• Side Power 10kw bow thruster
• Lithium battery bank for services
• DC digital switching and monitoring system for systems
• Solar panels
• Schenker Watermaker
• Air conditioning and heating
• Fridge freezer
• Microwave oven
• Electric fresh water flush heads
• Raymarine Instruments
• Fusion stereo system
• Carbon davits
• Tender and outboard
The ICE CAT 61 develops from the cooperation between ICE YACHTS and the yacht designer and engineer Enrico Contreas, father of the legendary catamarans Mattia and one of the most experienced designers of catamarans. Together Ice Yachts and Contreas began the design and the development of a new generation of catamarans, and the ICE CAT 61, a brand new multihull, characterized by very pure and efficient line. This represents a complete re-design of the legendary” SBANDATO”, the Mattia 56 that years ago, amazed everyone for the speed and manoeuvrability. It established a reference for a cat of that size.
The lines leave little to the fashion of the moment, such as the bows completely inclined backwards. We believe that a boat, which is, in any case, a cruising boat, although fast cruising boat, requires a convenient area in the bow, for example, in order to recover a mooring rope from a buoy without going crazy and this is the philosophy of our cat. The bow is anyway characterized by a “scimitar sword “shape as we find it on the new ICE 33 and ICE 52.
The spacious deck is high on the water, with big volume in the hulls to help when nosedive into the waves when going downwind. The deck high on the water means also a dry deck, so great comfort and safety, aspects that the technician of ICE YACHTS have kept in mind at every stage of the project.
Now, at a distance of 15 years, with the possibility of building hulls with new technologies and innovative materials, including the construction of epoxy resin, hybrid fabrics with glass/carbon, has allowed having hulls and interiors furniture light and strong.
The weight reduction translates into more speed and manoeuvrability, without giving up a high-quality interior, with modern design, optimized study to spaces and attention to finishing details.
ICE CAT 61 construction, interiors and finishes details are the same level of any Ice Yachts monohull, a level that you can’t find in the available cat boats sold presently in the market by mass production shipyard.
The overall length is 18.60 meters, for a good performance in water, stability, generous volumes both internal and external. The width of 8 meters, combined with max drought of 1 meter, gives the opportunity to enter ports and small bays without problems. The cockpit, located at the same level as the saloon floor, offers a large area, fully usable during the day, at night, at sea and at anchor, in perfect continuity with the inner saloon area. The sail plan, with its impressive carbon mast, the real engine of the boat, is effective and easy to manage. The mainsheet and the movement of his traveller can be combined with an electric motor, this automation makes it very simple to adjust the mainsail. The same is expected for the Solent, self-tacking. The Gennaker is the only sail that you have to manage manually, but with extreme comfort, using the electric winch. The expected Apparent Wind Angle is 30° because of the very clean water lines of the hulls, the tuning of the sail plan, and the efficacy of the appendages. Taking advantage of its size and the power-to-weight ratio ICE CAT 61 is engineered to create apparent wind speed and reach very high speed, impossible for a cruising monohull. The deck plan provides that the jib sheet slide along the gunwale recessed, so we have to ease movement on the deck.
The design speed sailing exceeds 25 knots since” SBANDATO “, the 56 Mattia reaches 23 Knots without problems, with autopilot. The projected speed under motor is at 13.5 knots using two engines of 80 hp each. For the insatiable, we have thought about an upgrade, a version in FULL CARBON, with foils, with which, under certain conditions, you can fly over the water. Among the options, we could adopt a hybrid propulsion, diesel/electric. We have a new solution, patent-pending. The innovation is that it can also be used in case of problems with the electronics.
The ICE CAT 61 is the first of a family of catamarans, from 51 to 69 feet, which will be joined to the production of ICE YACHTS monohulls from 33 to 100 feet.
• The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorized A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull: Carbon Epoxy foam sandwich with vacuum infusion, light grey painted gelcoat finish
• Superstructure: Carbon Epoxy sandwich with infusion, white
• Deck: Carbon Epoxy sandwich with infusion, white gel coat finish
• Localized reinforcements in unidirectional and biaxial carbon fibres
• Structural watertight bulkheads forward of machinery spaces and in forward sections of each hull.
Keel & Rudder:
• Carbon/epoxy curved daggerboards, draft 2.5m when down (1.10m draft with boards up)
• Daggerboards operated via spectra lines led aft to Antal electric winches
• Carbon composite rudders with stainless steel stock
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Volvo D2-75 in-line 4-cylinder 2.2 litre naturally aspirated diesel engines producing 75hp @ 3,000rpm.
• Camdrive, in-line injection pump and freshwater cooling.
• Volvo Saildrive gearbox transmissions with 2.19 reduction.
• Sewater cooled exhaust system
• Engine space ventilation with DC electric blowers
• Volvo Penta EVC electric engine control system with three gear/throttle controls (port and starboard helms and further control on coachroof to aid close-quarters manoeuvering.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: approx. 212 as of Spring 2023
• Last date of engine service: Spring 2022
• Sail drive transmission
Propulsion & Steering:
• Volvo Penta 4-bladed folding propellers
• Side power SE210 tunnel side thruster 24vDC 10 KW
• Twin wheel steering system with carbon helm wheels with spectra line system
• 24vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shore power or inverter
• 2x 12vDC 100Ah engine start batteries
• 5x 24vDC 200Ah MG Batteries Lithium batteries with MG controller joined in parallel to supply 1,000Ah @ 24vDC
• Battery management system
Charging / Inverter:
• MG Master LV charger control for Lithium batteries
• Victron energy charger and charge controller
• 24/DC/220vAC 1,600w inverter
• Volvo 12vDC alternators on each engine
• Mastervolt 24vDC 150Amp secondary alternators on each engine
• 8x 160w Solbian solar panels with regulator and charge controller
• DC switching system monitoring lighting, services, tankage, bilge levels, batteries etc integrated to Raymarine plotter display
• Electrical control panel with thermal breakers
• 24v sockets, voltmeter, ampere meter and battery test at DC panel
• 220vAC shore power supply with twin connections protected with differential breaker, MG regulator and distribution system.
• 220vAC sockets throughout interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water system with 24vDC pump
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated 40 litre hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
• Hot & cold freshwater shower at bathing platform
• Schenker 220vAC Modular watermaker producing approx 210 L/hour
• 24vDC electric automatic bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Approx 780 litres fuel capacity in 2x 390 litres plastic fuel tanks
• Approx 780 litres fresh water capacity in 2x 390 litres plastic fuel tanks
• 2x 60 litre plastic grey water holding tanks
• 2x 60 litres plastic black water holding tanks with discharge form decks or to sea.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Twin Raymarine hybrid touch GPS radar displays at chart table with connection to DC switching system monitoring lighting, services, tankage, bilge levels, batteries etc
• Raymarine hybrid touch GPS radar display at starboard helm
• Raymarine digital radar scanner
• Raymarne autopilot system with control heads at port and starboard helms
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers with displays at helms
• Raymarine GPS display unit at port helm
• AIS Class B Raymarine 650 transceiver
• Camera on mast Raymarine
• Raymarine 260 E VHF with handsets in cockpit and chart table
• T&T SAILOR 150 Fleet Broadand Satelite telephone
• 3-burner gas cooker with oven
• 220vAC microwave oven
• 2 x 180 litre capacity fridges
• Smeg 350 litre front opening fridge/freezer
• Twin stainless steel sinks
• Electric fresh water flush heads
• Hot & cold pressurized water supply with shower
• Indesit 220vAC washer/dryer
Heating & Ventilation:
• Heating Eberspächer with outlets throughout
• Frigomar 42,000 BTU reversible chilled water AC
• Fusion MAS- AV 750 Stereo
• Flat TV with folding bracket
Summary of Accommodation:
• Cabin layout with saloon and galley in the centre
• Cabins include 3x double beds
• One cabin with 2x separate beds
• 3x heads including shower
• L-shaped Sofa. With retractable table
• 2x Director chairs in saloon
• 2x tables and sofas in aft cockpit
• Fully retractable aft door for in-out living space
• High quality Light Oak
• Dark grey marine grade carpet throughout
• Maple style floorboards
• Black coriander worktops
• Nonvisible handles on storage units
• Light beige Alcantara upholstery
• Lorima deck-stepped carbon fibre mast
• Antal mainsail track on mast low-friction cars - 2020
• IMOCA carbon fibre boom, with lazy jacks. Boom spreaders and stackpack bag
• Profurl manual genoa furler unit with line led aft to electric winch
• Hydraulic mast-jack system
• Kevlar main shrouds plus stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Carbon fibre bowsprit
• Spectra running rigging
• Antal & Lewmar blocks
• Antal Jammers
• 6x Antal XT 62 R electrical Winches
• Incidence Sails fully-battened mainsail with 2x reefs
• Incidence Sails furling jib
• Incidence Sails gennaker / cruising spinnaker
• Pulpits on both bows
• Double stainless steel safety rail
• Handrails on cockpit
• Cockpit table
• Step down to Bathing platforms
• Swimming ladder
• integrated helmsmen seats
• Stainless steel removable ladder at rail exit
• Carbon fibre davits for tender
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Quick 24vDC electric windlass 1000 W with remote control
• 32kg Rocna plough anchor with 70m 10mm galvanised chain
• Retractable mooring cleats
• Fore and aft mooring lines
Tender & outboard
• 3.8m Highfield Tender
• 20Hp Tohatsu Outboard
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Navigation lights
• Fire extinguishers
Lying in Barcelona, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Lucio Pellegrini
Tel: +34 675 236 174
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.