2017 ITALIA YACHTS 12.98
€270,000 tax not paid
Leasing in progress
|Manufacturer/Model||Italia Yachts 12.98|
|Designer||Matteo Polli / Italia Yachts|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||Volvo D2-55 55hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||360l|
Description‘As new’ brokerage example of the award-winning Italia 12.98 with 3-cabin, 2-heads layout, complete with B&G instrument pack. 2019 Cannes and Genoa boat show boat.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
GULP was launched in 2017 as a great spec Italia Yachts 12,98. Her owner has used her for light cruising in the Mediterranean and is now looking to another new Italia Yacht, hence her. This makes GULP the ideal option for those who are looking for an high quality performance cruiser at a very realistic price. Highlights of her specification include:
• Teak cockpit flooring and seating
• Hull epoxy primer
• 2.25m draft T-keel
• Larger Volvo 55hp engine with 3-bladed folding prop
• Jefa steering with composite twin helm wheels
• German mainsheet system
• Two reefs mansail and genoa
• Gennaker with snuffer
• Stackpack and lazyjacks
• B&G instrument package with Zeus plotter and radar
• VHF with DSC and AIS
• 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
• Traditional filled-grain teak interior joinery
• Electric winch
Italia 12.98 was born to navigate the Oceans, combining performance with the pleasure and ease of manoeuvre typical of all Italia Yachts. Italia 12.98 is a fast, all-round yacht, where performance meets safety and comfort on board. With a safe and powerful wave behaviour and soft and delicate touch at the helm, aboard Italia 12.98 you can rediscover the pleasure of sailing to windward, the essence of true sailing. The boat is very easy to steer and always light and reactive to the helm, perfect for long distance sailing and eating up the miles in all weather conditions. Italia 12.98 won the nomination for “European Yacht of the Year” award.
The hull lines of Italia 12.98 contemplate a proper balance between comfort and performance, borrowing the fluid concepts developed for the 9.98 Fuoriserie with regard to the distribution of volumes, while maintaining the key features for the interior in perfect cruising style.
The fore and aft rake are more obvious than the other models of the yard. The result is a smaller wetted surface area for the benefit of performance in light wind conditions. Aft waterlines sections allow a variabile dynamic length, short in light wind, longer with increasing speed.
The hull and deck are built of sandwich cores with PVC with different densities depending on the construction needs. The skins are laid in E-glass (mat, mats and unidirectional) impregnated with vinylester resin. The lamination is performed at a controlled temperature between 16 °C and 25 °C. Reinforcing plates are inserted in correspondence of the equipment deck. The central part of the hull is full laminated to improve the resistance to concentrated efforts.
All bulkheads are marine plywood from 15 to 25 mm and are bonded to the hull and gusseted to the internal structure and the deck. The deck is bonded with structural adhesive and laminated internally.
A structural carbon frame is placed inside the hull glued and gusseted, to share the efforts of the mast and the rigging and bulkheads and furniture are fixed over the same. The deck is finished with gelcoat surfaces; the bridge and walkable areas are finished with antiskid from the female mould.
The benches and the cockpit are finished in teak 10 mm. The large cockpit can be closed by a removable teak covered folding transom: the ideal solution for a quiet and safe navigation, as to enjoy an easy access to the sea.
The sunbathing area on the deck is flat and smooth, thanks also to the flush deck hatches. The access to the interior of the cockpit is through a sliding hatch. Large lockers provide plenty of space for storage during the cruise. The furling system is below deck, halyards are collected under the hatch where the trap is hidden inside and the spray hood is integrated in the carter on the deck.
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
• Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
• Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
• A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
• Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
• The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder 55hp diesel engine
• Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
• Saildrive gearbox
• Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 400 as of September 2019 (the engine counters has approx. 100 engine hours as it was changed)
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-bladed folding propeller
• Twin wheel Jefa steering system with composite helm wheels.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower or inverter.
• 12vDC 55Ah AGM engine start battery
• 12vDC 130Ah AGM service battery
• 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
• 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
• 1x manual bilge pump
• 220 litre fuel capacity
• 360 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
• 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Vulcan 7 colour GPS chart plotter with integrated WiFi
• B&G Triton autopilot
• 2x B&G Triton multi-displays in cockpit with wind, speed and depth transducers
• Steering compass in cockpit
• Simrad VHF Rs12
• Three-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
• Double inox sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• Formica counter tops and sink cover
• 12vDC approx. 125 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
• 12vDC approx. 125 litre capacity front opening refrigerator
• Manual Jabsco marine toilet
• Electric Jabsco marine toilet aft
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths in three cabins, two large double aft cabins and forward master cabin with head. Occasional settee berth in saloon.
• The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
• This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
• The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
• Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminum to increase resistance to hard usage.
• Aluminium anodised spars
• Keel-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
• Two sets of swept-back spreaders
• 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
• German mainsheet system
• Removable bowsprit fitting for anchor
• Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
• Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
• All control lines led aft to companionway
• Hydraulic backstay
• 6x Harken 2-speed manual (1 electric for halyards) self-tailing winches
• All sails are from Velman sails maker
• Full batten two reefs main
• Furling Jib
• Upwind sail area: 103 sqm
• Downwind sail area: 197 sqm
• Stainless steel twin guardwires and stanchions
• Open-front stainless steel pulpit and split pushpits
• Cockpit shower
• Folding bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC 500w Lofrans electric anchor windlass
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying: Liguria, West Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.