2016 ITALIA YACHTS 9.98 FUORISERIE
€170,000 tax paid
Highly competitive IY 9.98 Fuoriserie
|Manufacturer/Model||Italia Yachts 9.98 Fuoriserie|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy|
|Engine||Volvo D1-20 20hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||110l|
DescriptionHighly competitive example of the all-conquering and multi ORCi World Champion Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie. Offering rocketship performance with unparalleled ORC and IRC potential. Nominated for European Yacht of the Year and now available immediately.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
This particular example of the simply stunning Italia Yachts 9.98 Fuoriserie version was fitted out with a very high quality specification. She has never been put away wet and now that her owner is ready to move on to fresh projects, she is ready to go for new victories.
Always fitted with Veneziani Speedy Carbonium antifouling and equipped for races category 3 and 4 of the Offshore Special Regulation and all equipment regularly maintained and serviced.
Highlights of her specification include:
• Running rigging Dyneema DSK 99 & DSK 78
• German mainsheet system with 2 dedicated winches
• Harken Windward sheeting traveller
• PBO Forestay with Aero Tuff Luff
• Garmin full instruments pack
• EIB 2000 Astra CPU
• Full set of sails for racing
• Carbon fibre boom from Pauger Carbon KFT – 2018
• Carbon fibre bowsprit from Blacks Composite – 2020
• Carbon fibre spinnaker pole
• Bamar Hydraulic Forestay tensioner
• Larger Harken Performa winches
• Magic Wheel backstay tensioner
• Rod standing rigging
• Carbon fibre steering tiller
The Italia 9.98 encloses all the most important features defining the Italia Yachts brand. The Italia 9.98 is designed specifically for fun sailing and is particularly dedicated to handicap racing (ORC and IRC), but it is also well indicated for short cruises.
The Italia 9.98 is a fast boat but at the same time easy to sail. The main project purpose has been to find the correct balance between the different kind of use, from windward-leeward races to offshore racing or cruising, obtaining a true all-round yacht with an optimal balance between upwind and downwind performance both in light and strong winds.
Both the Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie and Bellissima models were created by Italia Yachts chief designer Matteo Polli in collaboration with hull designer Matteo Ledri of CapeHorn Engineering for CFD analysis and the interior designer Kristian Macchiut of KMD.
Winner of two consecutive ORC World Championships, the Italia 9.98 will have you sailing faster and safer.
“There isn’t a barbecue in the stern, and – if the truth be told – not even a table in the cockpit, but you can go cruising because the below-decks liveability is more than satisfactory, as are the cabin sizes. And above all it can be a sailing cruise, even with light winds. The answer to the first question is yes. Italia Yachts has shown that with a few modi cations, which had already been anticipated at the planning stage, you can turn a fast racing boat into a fairly comfortable cruiser“.
(Nicolò Volpati, Barche magazine test sail)
ITALIA 9.98 PALMARES:
• Winner 2015 ORC World Championship (Low Noise II)
• Winner 2016 ORC Dutch National Championship (Bachyachting)
• Winner 2016 ORC World Championship (Bachyachting)
• Silver 2016 ORC European Championship (Sugar)
• Winner 2018 ORC Italian National Championship (Sugar)
• Winner 2018 ORCi Swedish National Championship (Immac Fram)
• Winner 2019 ORC Kiel Week (Immac Fram)
• 3rd 2019 IRC Overall European Championship (Sarchiapone)
• Silver 2019 IRC Class 3 Overall European Championship (Sarchiapone)
• Silver 2021 ORC Italian Sailing Championship (Sarchiapone)
• Winner 2021 ORC International Sailing Week (Sarchiapone)
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
• Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
• Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
• A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
• Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat with the side decks having a moulded nonslip surface
• Teak laid cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
• The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D1-20 3-cylinder 20hp diesel engine
• Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
• Saildrive gearbox
• Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 600 summer 2021
• Serviced yearly
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-bladed folding propeller
• Tiller steering system
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 1x 12vDC 70Ah engine start battery
• 1x 12vDC 70Ah service battery
• 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
• 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
• 1x manual bilge pump
• 60 litre fuel capacity
• 110 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
• 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• EIB 2000 Astra CPU with Performance software
• 2x ASTRA D7 Chartplotter
• 3x Garmin display at the mast
• Garmin autopilot
• Raymarine wind sensor
• Astra speed sensor NMEA 2000 S/N 3481492 – 2017
• Astra wind sensor on the mast – 2017
• GARMIN VHF with DSC and built-in AIS receiver
• Two-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
• Formica single sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• Formica counter tops and sink cover
• 12vDC 60 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
• Manual Jabsco marine toilet
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in open-plan forward cabin space, large double aft cabin and two saloon settee berths.
• The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
• This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
• The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
• Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminum to increase resistance to hard usage.
Accommodation layout from Forward:
Forward Cabin Space:
• The bow cabin consists of the bed double bed of 1.95 m long and two wall units with sliding doors.
• The comfortable compartment under the bed floor is also usable for stowage.
• The saloon offers two comfortable seats that they can become two beds if necessary singles from 1.95m
• The central wing table has folding leaves and can accommodate up to 6 people and offers a comfortable footing in navigation.
• With the table's doors in place lowered, the bow-stern passage allows you storage space for sails in a race situation.
• The long cabinets side with sliding doors complete the furnishing of the dinette offering elevated stowage space.
• Located at the aft end of the saloon with a dedicated seat and forward facing table.
• Stowage of laptop.
• DC panel
• LED lighting
• L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port.
• Sink with pressurised hot & cold water supply.
• Large fridge
• 2-burner stove with oven
• Draw and cupboard comparments.
• Aft of galley to port.
• Spacious double cabin with 1.98m long double berth.
• Canvas wardrobe with shoe compartment.
• Door access to saloon area.
• Manual marine heads
• Sink with mixer shower tap.
• Tall cabinets
• Access to stern stowage locker, ideal for stowage of sails and sailing gear.
• Aluminium anodised spars
• Deck-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
• Two sets of swept-back spreaders
• Spinnaker track on mast
• Carbon fibre Pauger Carbon KFT boom – 2018
• Avantgarde Carbon fibre spinnaker retractable poole – 2016
• 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
• Textile backstay with 48:1 block & tackle adjustment
• Dyneema SK 78 & SK 99 running rigging and sheets
• German mainsheet system
• Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
• Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
• Transverse jib tracks adjustable from cockpit
• All control lines led aft to companionway
• Block & tackle rod vang
• Harken Windward sheeting traveller
• PBO Forestay with Aero Tuff Luff
• Hydraulic piston tensioner for the forestay
• All winches are Performa Harken larger than standard
• 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing jib winches
• 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches adjacent to helms
• 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winches at companionway
• Quantum sails wardrobe – 8/2016:
• Jib 1;
• Jib 2;
• Spinnaker S1;
• Spinnaker S2;
• North Sails sails wardrobe – 10/2016:
• Main 3Di raw 780 12600 DPI
• Jib light 3DL RACE 860M 10850DPI
• Jib 2 3Di RAW 780 14700 DPI
• Jib heavy 3DL RACE 860M 16800 DPI
• Spi S1.5 SUPERLITE/KOTE SL50
• Storm trysail polyester high visibility
• Storm jub polyester high visibility
• Code0 bottom-up with Armare cable;
• Staysail Gottifredi DSK99 cable;
• Jib light 3DI RAW 780M 7560 DPI – 2018
• Spi S1 SUPERLITE/KOTE SL50 – 2018
• Main 3Di RAW 780 12600 DPI IY9.98 – 2019
• Jib 2 3Di RAW 780 14700 DPI – 2019
• Gennaker A1 SUPERL/KOTE SL50 – 2019
• Jib light 3Di RAW 780 - 2020
• Eurosail sails wardrobe – 6/2021:
• Gennaker A1;
• Spinnaker 1.5
• Ubi Major Code0 furler – 2017
• Ubi Major Staysail furler – 2017
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsTyrrenian sea, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
ITA: +39 333 74 89 281
UK: +44 7989575669
PHOTOS AND DIAGRAMS
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.