2015 ITALIA YACHTS ITALIA 13.98
€320,000 tax not paid
Rarely available brokerage example
|Manufacturer/Model||Italia Yachts Italia 13.98|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||Volvo D2-55 55hp|
|Keel Type||Full keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||480l|
DescriptionRarely available brokerage example of the award-winning Italia 13.98 with 3-cabin, 2-heads layout, complete with carbon sails and B&G instrument pack. Residual leasing available subject to eligibility.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
SOFIMA was launched in 2015 as a great spec Italia Yachts 13,98. Her owner has used her for light cruising in the Mediterranean and is now looking to another new Italia Yacht, hence her. This makes SOFIMA the ideal option for those who are looking for an high quality performance cruiser at a very realistic price. Highlights of her specification include:
• Teak side decks, cockpit flooring and seating
• Hull epoxy primer
• 2.5m draft T-keel
• Volvo 55hp engine with 3-bladed folding prop
• Jefa steering with composite twin helm wheels
• German mainsheet system
• Millennium carbon mansail and genoa
• Gennaker with snuffer
• Stackpack and lazyjacks
• B&G instrument package with Zeus plotter and radar
• VHF with DSC and AIS
• 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
• Traditional filled-grain teak interior joinery
• Electric heads in master ensuite plus holding tank
• Alcantara upholstery
• Twin fridges
• AGM batteries
• Cockpit cushions
Embodiment of elegance, clean and powerful lines go together with the meticulous care of interior details to define a new level of luxury yachts. Designed both for excellent performances during sailing, Italia 13.98 ensures also the highest levels of comfort on board. Fast and balanced, Italia 13.98 is easy to handle with great control and safety, even by a small crew. The ergonomics and lightness of manouvers allows a perfect trim of the sails.
The ergonomics and protection in the cockpit, the comfortable grab rails, numerous stowage spaces and brightly-finished interiors make onboard living a pleasant experience characteristically refined and elegant.
The careful study of waterlines, the excellent righting moment, with the “T” shaped keel, the sensitive and deep rudder blade: these are only some of the design aspects that together with the generous but not forced sail plan give to Italia 13.98 a best handling.
The main construction features of Italia 13.98 meet the rigorous quality standards of Italia Yachts. This results in a stiff while lightweight hull, with an weighty ballast for outstanding performance in all conditions.
Hull and deck of Italia 13.98 are built in sandwich “E-glass” laminated with vinylester resins applied at a controlled temperature. Reinforced plates are inserted in correspondence of deck equipment, while the central strip of the hull is full laminated. All bulkheads are bonded to the hull and fixed with the internal structure and deck. This is superimposed to the hull, glued with structural adhesive and fixed internally.
The rudder blade is laminated in fiberglass with PVC core on female moulds. The aluminium alloy (anticorodal 6082) rudder stock is biconical. The stock bearings are self-aligning.
The two wheels are 90 cm in diameter and are made in stainless steel covered by leather. A magnetic compass is installed near the helm position.
Hull and deck are laminated in sandwich with differentiated density PVC core; the unidirectional and biaxial E-glass fibres are laminated with vinylester resin. The lamination is carried out at controlled temperature between 16° C and 25° C.
Inside the hull is placed a structural frame reinforced with carbon, laminated into female mold, glued and fixed, to support the efforts both of the mast and the shrouds. All bulkheads and furniture are bonded to the hull.
Plates are included in the structure to increase resistance where the deck hardware is mounted. The collar of the mast is structural. The structural bulkheads of Italia 13.98 are made of marine plywood from 15 to 25 mm thick and are glued and gusseted to the hull and deck. The deck is glued and laminated to the hull. A polyester strap is provided to lift the boat (optional). Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat, walkable areas are prepared with antiskid from female mould. Cockpit benches and cockpit floor are covered with 10 mm thick teak.
The keel is “T” shaped with steel structure and the torpedo is cast lead with 3% antimony. The steel structure is enclosed in a fiberglass fairing in order to optimize the wing sections. The ballast weight is about 3,500 Kg. The draft of the boat is 2,50 m.
Italia 13.98 has won the most important European competition, the “European Yacht of the Year” award in the category “Luxury yachts”. At the presentation during the Genova International Boat Show she won also the award “Regina del Salone” as the best new boat on display. In 2016 she won the prize as the best boat of the year in USA conferred by the two most important American magazines: Sail and Cruising World.
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
• Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
• Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
• A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
• Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
• The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-55 4-cylinder 55hp diesel engine
• Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
• Saildrive gearbox
• Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 500 as of November 2018
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-bladed folding propeller
• Twin wheel Jefa steering system with composite helm wheels.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower or inverter.
• 12vDC 55Ah AGM engine start battery
• 2x 12vDC 130Ah AGM service battery
• 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
• 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
• 1x manual bilge pump
• 240 litre fuel capacity
• 2x 240 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
• 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• 2x B&G Zeus colour GPS chart plotter with integrated WiFi
• B&G Triton autopilot
• 2x B&G Triton multi-displays in cockpit with wind, speed and depth transducers
• Steering compass in cockpit
• B&G V50 VHF with DSC and built-in AIS receiver
• B&G H50 Wireless Handset
• Three-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
• Double inox sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• Formica counter tops and sink cover
• 12vDC approx. 125 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
• 12vDC approx. 125 litre capacity front opening refrigerator
• Manual Jabsco marine toilet
• Electric Jabsco marine toilet aft
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in three cabins, two large double aft cabins and forward master cabin with head.
• The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
• This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
• The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
• Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminum to increase resistance to hard usage.
• Aluminium anodised spars
• Keel-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
• Two sets of swept-back spreaders
• 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
• German mainsheet system
• Removable bowsprit fitting for anchor
• Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
• Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
• All control lines led aft to companionway
• Hydraulic backstay
• 6x Harken 2-speed manual self-tailing winches
• Millennium Carbon Main
• Millennium Carbon Jib
• Gennaker with snuffer
• Upwind sail area: 124 sqm
• Downwind sail area: 226 sqm
• Stainless steel twin guardwires and stanchions
• Open-front stainless steel pulpit and split pushpits
• Cockpit shower
• Folding bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC 500w Lofrans electric anchor windlass
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions
• Steering wheel covers
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsLying: Liguria, West Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.