2017 ITALIA YACHTS ITALIA 9.98 CLUB
€178,000 tax not paid
High spec 9.98 Club - ready to go!
|Manufacturer/Model||Italia Yachts Italia 9.98 Club|
|Designer||Matteo Polli / Italia Yachts|
|New or Used||New|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Engine||Volvo D1-20 20hp|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||110l|
DescriptionBuilt upon the hull of the all-conquering and multi ORCi World Champion Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie, the Italia 9.98 Club offers rocketship performance with unparalleled ORC and IRC potential with a more cruising-friendly cockpit and interior finish. Quite simply the perfect fast cruiser. Nominated for European Yacht of the Year and now available immediately as an ‘as new’ and very high spec demonstrator.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
For those who want to leave everyone else in their wake whilst retaining the style and comfort that only an Italian conceived and built luxury cruising yacht can provide.
This particular example of the simply stunning Italia Yachts 9.98 Club was constructed towards the end of 2017 with her first outing being the belle of the ball at the 2018 Dusseldorf Boat Show. Fitted out with a very high quality specification including beautiful special leather interior finishing, full teak cockpit and a shiny suite of B&G electronics, she represents a unique opportunity to jump the queue and have a shiny new 9.98 Club for the beginning of the 2018 season. Highlights of her specification (in addition to standard fitout) include:-
• Hot water calorifier connection to engine
• Teak in cockpit flooring and seating
• Upgraded upholstery
• 230vAC shore power system including battery charger
• Shower in cockpit
• Removable benches in cockpit
• Foldable swimming ladder
• Epoxy and antifouling
• German mainsheet system
• B&G Triton multi-displays
• B&G Triton autopilot
• B&G Vulcan 7 GPS chart plotter
• B&G VHF with DSC and AIS receiver
Included in the price is commissioning and launch at the Italia Yachts base in historic town Chioggia on the Venetian lagoon, although delivery and commissioning to alternative locations is available upon separate quotation, as are sails which can be either be supplied through Italia’s own preferred suppliers or from a loft of your choosing.
The Italia 9.98 Club encloses all the most important features defining the Italia Yachts brand. The Italia 9.98 is designed specifically for fun sailing and is particularly dedicated to handicap racing (ORC and IRC), but it is also well indicated for short cruises.
The Italia 9.98 is a fast boat but at the same time easy to sail. The main project purpose has been to find the correct balance between the different kind of use, from windward-leeward races to offshore racing or cruising, obtaining a true all-round yacht with an optimal balance between upwind and downwind performance both in light and strong winds.
Both the Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie and Club models were created by Italia Yachts chief designer Matteo Polli in collaboration with hull designer Matteo Ledri of CapeHorn Engineering for CFD analysis and the interior designer Kristian Macchiut of KMD.
In 2017, the Italia 9.98 Club – almost identical in construction and performance to the 9.98 Fuoriserie – was launched. With only minor modifications needing to be made the Club is designed to be more comfortable to cruise.
The Italia 9.98 will have you sailing faster and safer. Winner of two consecutive ORC World Championships 9.98 Fuoriserie is a pure race version. The 9.98 Club is equally as happy flat out in race mode or on a relaxing family cruise.
Club version of the 9,98 is the cruiser version of the award winning 9,98 fuoriserie. She has a better use of the interior volume, with a 2 burners and tilting oven. Club version has two steering wheel in the cockpit and the integrated bowsprit with anchor windlass. All this with a little 50 kgs more displacement compared to the Fuoriserie.
“There isn’t a barbecue in the stern, and – if the truth be told – not even a table in the cockpit, but you can go cruising because the below-decks liveability is more than satisfactory, as are the cabin sizes. And above all it can be a sailing cruise, even with light winds. The answer to the first question is yes. Italia Yachts has shown that with a few modi cations, which had already been anticipated at the planning stage, you can turn a fast racing boat into a fairly comfortable cruiser“.
(Nicolò Volpati, Barche magazine test sail)
• The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
• Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
• Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
• A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
• Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat with the side decks having a moulded nonslip surface
• Teak laid cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
• The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
• The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D1-20 3-cylinder 20hp diesel engine
• Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
• Saildrive gearbox
• Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – unused as of January 2018
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-bladed folding propeller
• Twin wheel Jefa steering system with 800mm composite helm wheels.
• 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
• 1x 12vDC 70Ah engine start battery
• 1x 12vDC 70Ah service battery
• 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
• 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
• Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
• 12vDC electric bilge pump
• 1x manual bilge pump
• 60 litre fuel capacity
• 110 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
• 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G Vulcan 7 colour GPS chart plotter with integrated WiFi
• B&G Triton autopilot
• 2x B&G Triton multi-displays in cockpit with wind, speed and depth transducers
• Steering compass in cockpit
• B&G V50 VHF with DSC and built-in AIS receiver
• Two-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
• Formica single sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
• Formica counter tops and sink cover
• 12vDC 60 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
• Manual Jabsco marine toilet
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 6 berths in open-plan forward cabin space, large double aft cabin and two saloon settee berths.
• The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
• This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
• The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
• Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminum to increase resistance to hard usage.
Accommodation layout from Forward:
Forward Cabin Space:
• The bow cabin consists of the bed double bed of 1.95 m long and two wall units with sliding doors.
• The comfortable compartment under the bed floor is also usable for stowage.
• The saloon offers two comfortable seats that they can become two beds if necessary singles from 1.95m
• The central wing table has folding leaves and can accommodate up to 6 people and offers a comfortable footing in navigation.
• With the table's doors in place lowered, the bow-stern passage allows you storage space for sails in a race situation.
• The long cabinets side with sliding doors complete the furnishing of the dinette offering elevated stowage space.
• Located at the aft end of the saloon with a dedicated seat and forward facing table.
• Stowage of laptop.
• DC panel
• LED lighting
• L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port.
• Sink with pressurised hot & cold water supply.
• Large fridge
• 2-burner stove with oven
• Draw and cupboard comparments.
• Aft of galley to port.
• Spacious double cabin with 1.98m long double berth.
• Canvas wardrobe with shoe compartment.
• Door access to saloon area.
• Manual marine heads
• Sink with mixer shower tap.
• Tall cabinets
• Access to stern stowage locker, ideal for stowage of sails and sailing gear.
• Aluminium anodised spars
• Deck-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
• Two sets of swept-back spreaders
• Spinnaker track on mast.
• 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
• Textile backstay with 48:1 block & tackle adjustment
• Dyneema running rigging and sheets
• German mainsheet system
• Integrated bowsprit fitting
• Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
• Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
• Transverse jib tracks adjustable from cockpit
• All control lines led aft to companionway
• 6x jammers plus additional cam cleats for control lines
• Block & tackle rod vang
• 2x Harken 46.2 St. 2-speed manual self-tailing jib winches
• 2x Harken 40.2 St. 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches adjacent to helms
• 2x Harken 40.2 St. 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winches at companionway
• Please note. Sails are not supplied as standard with the Italia 9.98 Club
• Sails to your specification can be supplied upon quotation or through your own preferred sail maker.
• Design mainsail area: 38 sqm (409 sq ft)
• Design jib area: 32 sqm (344.4 sq ft)
• Design spinnaker area: 90 sqm (968,7 sq ft)
• Design gennaker area: 105 sqm (1.131 sq ft)
• The Italia 9.98-Fuoriserie and 9.98-Club have the same sail plan, with generous but non-overlapping foresails and a good aspect ratio.
• The mainsail design has a moderate square head with a considerable roach – eliminating the requirement for a split backstay or runners.
• Stainless steel twin guardwires and stanchions
• Open-front stainless steel pulpit and split pushpits
• Removable cockpit benches
• Cockpit shower
• Folding bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC 500w Lofrans electric anchor windlass
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Viewing arrangementsDusseldorf, Germany – enroute Italy following Boat Show.
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.