2017 JEANNEAU MERRY FISHER 895
£109,500 tax paid
High spec, low hours MF895 with Suzuki 300hp
|Manufacturer/Model||Jeanneau Merry Fisher 895|
|Designer||Centkowski & Denert / Jeanneau Design|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Lying||Argyll, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Engine||Suzuki DF300AP 300hp 4-stroke outboard|
|Drinking Water Capacity||160l|
DescriptionVery well-appointed Legend version of the Merry Fisher 895 benefiting from an inventory including Comfort and Premier packs alongside a number of further upgrades.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
The Merry Fisher range of fast fishers from Jeanneau has gained a cult following over the years and has become something of a speciality of the French builders. The New Merry Fisher range has taken the offering from basic utilitarian day boats to becoming attractive small weekend and coastal cruisers available in differing degrees of trim level. Aimed at the weekend user the Merry Fisher 895 is the full package, spacious practical accommodation below decks, a sea kindly hull and efficient modern petrol outboard engine.
EUREKA V is a very well-appointed Legend version of the class coming with the distinctive blue hull and black style stripes offset against the white deck and superstructure mouldings. Fully loaded she benefits from an inventory including the upgraded Comfort and Premier packs alongside a number of further upgrades; highlights including:
• Legend version of the model with blue gelcoat.
• Comfort and Premier option packs installed.
• Sliding Cockpit Seat L-shaped.
• Saloon seating converts to occasional double berth.
• Bow Thruster
• Raymarine Axiom navigation system.
• Electric Anchor Windlass
• Webasto Heating
• Hot Water
• Trim Tabs
• LED Lighting
• 240V Shore Power with additional 13 amp sockets
• Full Cockpit Tent Enclosure.
Very lightly used by the owner during this season she has only been slept on twice with the engine having recorded just 40 hours of running. She represents a real opportunity to acquire a fully loaded example of this current model boat at a considerable discount against buying new.
‘Designed for cruising, the new Merry Fisher 895 is a true weekender. She offers an incomparably bright interior, with wide windows in the helm station and even more comfort for those special shared moments on board.
The cockpit features an L-shaped saloon, reclining seatbacks and armrests with cup holders. Both on the interior and on the exterior, the seatbacks pivot to adjust the seating to suit individual preferences.
This all-new Merry Fisher features an opening side gate, a recessed sidedeck, as well as a very generous storage capacity. The main cabin, with wide windows, is equipped with a head with shower and marine WC.
With her clever details, the Merry Fisher 895 makes unforgettable cruises possible, perfect for sharing unique moments together as a family.’
'Every country has its forte when it comes to boatbuilding, and with France it is fast fishing boats. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 895 epitomises this concept well, offering this yard’s usual blend of practicality, robustness and performance. To be totally fair, this boat is not truly new. It is an incarnation of the previous MF 855 – which is no bad thing, as in creating the MF895, Jeanneau have taken a proven concept and made it that little bit better.
The hull has been stretched a tad, making the MF895 a 9m boat with a bit more lift at the stern as a result. It also has slightly bigger bathing platforms, making stern access around the engine/engines easier. All power options are Yamaha in the form of 1 x Yamaha F350, 1 x F300 or 2 x F175s. The test boat was fitted with a single F300, which represents a departure from the 855, as it was only offered with twin 175hp or 150hp engines in the past. The single-engine concept is a logical one for normal pleasure use as it produces better performance and economy.'
'The MF895 dry with a Yamaha F300 displaces just over 3300kg. Factor in the nearly full fuel tank and the two crew, and the test boat of the day was weighing in at 3.8 tonnes. The F300 proved well matched to this displacement as the boat pushed up onto the plane fairly quickly, and without any need for trim tabs. Without the Lenco trim tabs off, she will plane at 18 knots at 4000rpm, though the tabs will keep her on the plane a few knots below this speed.'
'Practicality is the key theme throughout the design of the boat, which is evident the moment you step into the cockpit. The wheelhouse is offset to port, enabling a wider 9″ starboard side deck enclosed by a 15″-deep bulwark complete with side gate – and you still get a 6″ side deck on the port side. The aft bench seat assembly can slide forward on rails, enabling the engine to be trimmed clear of the water when berthed. The large cockpit hatch reveals an even larger lazarette beneath that has its own internal storage lockers. Forward deck access underway, as I found out, is all the safer thanks to tall guard rails and effective non-slip decking everywhere, and the anchor locker is deep enough to cater for fenders and warps, as well as housing a good-sized Lewmar windlass...
The wheelhouse saloon certainly benefits from the abundance of window space and a starboard side door, enabling you to step out and quickly get to grips with fender duties and mooring lines. The galley is the usual compact set-up with a two-ring gas hob, reasonable storage and a fridge behind the helm seat. Opposite sits the dinette, which converts to a small double berth if need be, and the forward bench seat has a tilting backrest that quickly turns it into a double navigator’s seat…
Below decks the design has given nothing away. The heads, complete with shower, has enough headroom to accommodate anyone up to 6ft 3in tall and it certainly has enough space for the most well-fed. The mid cabin is par for the course, with a medium-size hanging locker, full standing headroom in the doorway and a wide double berth. In the master’s forepeak cabin, Jeanneau have embellished the large double island bed with a large storage locker underneath, and a slim hanging locker. There is plenty of sleeping space…
The MF895 is really an already proven concept, being very closely based on the 855. However, it does take the concept further insomuch as design improvements have made the boat even more versatile, while recognising the need for more power in a boat with good offshore capability... The F300 is clearly enough to power this boat…’,
Powerboat and RIB Magazine. Boat Tests & Reviews. Jeanneau Merry Fisher 895 - March 2017
• Our understanding is that the boat is certified to CE Category C
• Our understanding from the builders published data is that this boat is constructed to ISO14001 and ISO9001.
• Single piece GRP moulding with integrated keel and sprayrails.
• Medium - V hull profile.
• Knuckle in moulding forward sections to create shearband
• Tinted polycarbonate panels forward to create sleek profiled portlights. Opening portholes mounted within the portlight panel.
• Hull finished above the waterline in blue gelcoat.
• Hull finished below the waterline in black antifouling.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Single piece GRP moulded deck and superstructure with the integral cockpit.
• Bonded in tinted glass windscreen forward.
• Bonded in tinted polycarbonate side windows on the superstructure.
• Opening window on the starboard side.
• Teak laid decking panels in cockpit and on starboard side deck.
• L-Shaped sliding cockpit seating unit.
Engine & gearbox:
• Suzuki DF300AP 300hp, four-stroke outboard.
• V6 with multi-point, lean burn fuel injection technology.
• Suzuki Multi-function digital engine display panel. Configurable screens showing RPM, Temperature, Voltage, Trim, Fuel tank level, Fuel Consumption & Speed.
• Suzuki precision electronic single lever control.
Maintenance & Performance:
• 40 hours recorded running.
• Fully serviced March 2018.
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 blade stainless steel propeller.
• Hydraulic steering system.
• Quick 40KGF bowthruster with joystick control (Comfort Pack).
• Lenco trim tabs with button controls at helm (Premier Pack)
• 12V DC for onboard systems with 220vAC via shorepower.
• Engine Battery - 1x 140Ah, 12v, lead acid. (2017)
• Domestic Battery - 1x 140Ah, 12v, lead acid. (2017)
• Bow Thruster Battery - 1x 85Ah, 12v lead acid. (2017)
• 240VDC Cristec Y-Power 12v/25A. Three outputs.
• Single engine driven alternator system.
• Blue Sea Si-ARC charge splitting relay.
• 220V AC system. Hardwired with RCD protection.
• Ring main, 13amp sockets in both cabins and two in the saloon. (Comfort Pack+)
• 12VDC Sockets - Located in both cabins.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Fully pressurised hot and cold water system.
• Hot water provided by a Quick B3 Boiler unit with 240v shore power water heater. (Comfort Pack)
• Faucets in galley and heads, shower in heads also.
• Deck shower in cockpit.
• Manual bilge pump
• Electric bilge pump x2
• 2x 200ltr built in tanks. Combined capacity 400ltrs.
• Plastic tanks located port and starboard.
• 1x 160ltr built in plastic tank.
• 1x 80ltr built in plastic tank.
• Overboard or deck suction discharge.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine 7" Axiom multi-function display.
• Navionics cartography.
• Fishfinder module providing depth information.
• GPS functionality providing SOG.
• Plastimo Offshore 75 Compass.
• Raymarine Ray52 DSCVHF with inbuilt GPS.
• Twin VHF antennas mounted on the roof. (wired for AIS, not currently installed)
• Galley Stove - ENO two burner gas cooker.
• Microwave - Sharp 240v. Built-in below galley unit.
• Refrigerator - Waeco 60ltr capacity, front-loading fridge. (Premier Pack)
• Jabsco, manual marine toilet.
• Discharge overboard or via holding tank.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Webasto Airtop 3500.
• Diesel fired, blown air system.
• AirTop EvoM Thermostatic cabin controller.
• Outlets in all cabins and heads.
• Full LED lighting throughout accommodation space.
• LED floor lighting in the saloon. (Premier Pack)
• LED blue deck lighting on starboard side deck and in cockpit.
• Fusion Marine MSRA205 head unit.
• Radio and Bluetooth connectivity.
• Fusion Marine speakers in saloon and cockpit.
• Glomex high gain TV antenna mounted on roof.
Summary of Accommodation:
• 2 double cabins.
• Wheelhouse saloon with occasional double berth.
• Contemporary styling below decks.
• Dark wooden veneered joinery work and soles
• White GRP mouldings and headlining.
• Fitted, edge bound carpets in wheelhouse.
• Ocean Air hatch screens for deck hatches.
• Full curtain set. (Premier Pack)
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Master cabin
• Double bunk, centrally located.
• Standing room at the aft end of the cabin
• Small shelves outboard port and starboard
• Storage lockers outboard port and starboard
• Large under bunk locker, accessible from opening door below bunk or by lifting bunk on gas struts.
• Portlights in hull port and starboard provide naturaly light
• Deck hatch for light and ventilation.
Port Aft Cabin:
• Large athwartships double bunk provided at the aft end of the cabin.
• Standing room forward
• Storage locker outboard, forward.
• Large cave lockers along the length of the bunk aft.
• Natural light enters the cabin from hull portlight and overhead glazed panel into the wheelhouse.
• Dedicated heads compartment to starboard
• Fitted out as a wet room.
• Jabsco manual marine toilet
• Wash hand basin and vanity unit aft.
• Basin faucet doubles as shower head.
• Sliding door directly outboard of helm to starboard.
• Double sliding door entry aft from cockpit.
• Helm station forward to starboard
• Dashboard console immediately forward of the bolstered helm seat.
• To port, the navigators' bench seat reversing to serve as the saloon seating when required.
• Saloon table to port with forward and aft bench seats.
• Saloon seating and table convert to double bunk.
• Concealed galley contained within a single unit aft of the helm.
• Fridge located beneath helm seat.
• Worktop lifts to reveal a stainless steel sink and two burner cooker.
• Microwave oven is fitted within the unit beneath.
• Windscreen Wipers - Port & Starboard, panto-graph arm.
• Screen Wash - Port & Starboard.
• Boarding Ladder
• Cockpit Table
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Delta plough anchor on 30m, calibrated chain rode.
• Lewmar V2 electric windlass. (Premier Pack)
• Plug in remote on foredeck with secondary controls at helm station. (Premier Pack)
• Fenders - Selection.
• Mooring Warps - Selection
Cushions & Canvas Work:
• N.V. Equipment Canopy System. Full Bimini with zip-in side and aft panels creating a full tent. Zipped access door on the starboard side and to bathing platform aft.
• Full set of fitted cushions for cockpit seating (Premier Pack)
• LED Navigation lights.
• LED Anchor light.
Viewing arrangementsLying Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Argyll, Scotland.
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Mark Cameron
Tel: Mobile: +44 (0)7988 763254
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.