1991 JUDEL VROLIJK 16M PERFORMANCE CRUISER
€160,000 tax paid
West System built performance cruiser
|Manufacturer/Model||Judel Vrolijk 16m Performance Cruiser|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax paid|
|Hull Construction||Wood epoxy / GRP|
|Keel Type||Fin Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||250l|
DescriptionExtremely special custom-designed and built Judel/Vrolijk designed short-handed performance ocean cruising yacht from Henze Wertf in 1991. Composite wood epoxy hull construction using West System and recent comprehensive refit/update.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
ARADIA is a one-off performance ocean cruiser built under the direction of the naval design firm Judel / Vrolljk at the prestigious German shipyard Henze Wertf, the complete set of construction plans is available.
Fully prepared for high altitude navigation, ARADIA was comprehensively refitted in 2018 and 2019 with the best West System materials, Awlgrip paints, Gotifredi cordage, 5.5kw Northern Lights generator, air conditioning, heating, solar panels, internal and external LED lighting , new anchoring system and so on.
With a draft of just 2.50m, ARADIA can navigate safely in shallow waters and she is configured for short-handed long-distance passage-making with sail controls led back to her large aft cockpit.
Her specification highlights include:-
• West System wood epoxy construction
• Stainless steel keel blade with lead bulb
• Awlgrip hull, deck and rig painting
• Harken deck gear
• Northern Lights 5.5kw generator
• Harken electric winches
• Fully-battened mainsail system with low-friction battencars
• Self-tacking genoa
• Assymmetric spinnaker
• Garmin electronics with radar, chart plotter and MFD repeaters
• Fusion Bluetooth sound system
• TV with Trackvision satellite antenna
• Tender and outboard
• As a yacht constructed and placed in use within EU waters before the 16‘" June 1998, it is our understanding that she is therefore exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/255 C (Recreational Craft Directive)
• Shell constructed of West System epoxy glued timber with 4 layers of planking using mahogany teak and cherry wood.
• Hull shell skinned with laminates of biaxial glass reinforced epoxy resin.
• Topsides finished in Awlgrip white with grey waterline stripes and caveta line- 2018.
• Underwater surfaces painted with epoxy primer prior to application of antifoul.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Deck and superstructure constructed of West System epoxy glued timber and skinned with laminates of biaxial glass reinforced epoxy resin.
• Decks finished in Awlgrip - 2018.
• Teak laid cockpit sole and seating
Keel & Rudder:
• Stainless steel keel blade with lead bulb
• 120 mm balanced rudder blade in epoxy resin with aluminium core
Engine & gearbox:
• Mercedes 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 90hp.
• Reduction gearbox with flexible coupling to the prop shaft.
• Fresh water cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger.
• Single lever throttle control at helm pedestal.
• Engine control panel in cockpit with rev counter, voltmeter, oil pressure, water temperature and charge alarms.
• Engine weight centered on the keel and sound proof with wood/lead/wood
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours: Approx 700 hrs as of Spring 2021
• Engine last serviced: December 2020
• Cruising speed – approx 6.6 knots @ 2.500 rpm
• Maximum speed – approx 8.5 knots
• Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 10/12 litres per hour @ 2,500 rpm
• Range @ cruising speed – approx 280 Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
• Steering pedestal with large diameter wood/carbon laminate helm wheel.
• Emergency steering gear with direct connection to stock on deck.
• Stainless steel propeller shaft with bronze p-bracket
• Tides marine sureseal engine shaft
• MaxProp 3-bladed feathering propeller
• 12vDC domestic system and 220v ring main from shorepower, generator or inverter
• 1x 12vDC 55Ah Optima engine start battery - 2019.
• 1x 12vDC 55Ah Optima anchor windlass battery - 2019.
• 3x 12vDC 125Ah Victron AGM super deep cycle service batteries joined in parallel to supply 375Ah@ 12vDC replaced 2021
Charger / Inverter:
• Victron battery charger
• 500w inverter
• Northern Lights 5.5kw 220vAC diesel generator –
• Generator hours:- approx. 313 as of Spring 2021
• Date of last generator service - December 2020
• 150 W solar panel on coachroof with Victron solar charge controller– 2020
• Steca Elektronik solar charge controller
• 12vDC engine mounted alternator.
• Voltmeter and Ammmeter - 2018
• 220vAC shore power system.
• 13 Amp ring main system internally and additional 220vAC socket in cockpit
• Battery isolator switches
• 12vDC sockets
• Pressurised fresh water system via 12vDC pressure pump.
• Hot water generated by generator / shore supply calorifier in well-insulated hot water tank with 220vAC immersion heater element.
• 1 x 12vDC Johnson electric bilge pumps 4.000 Gph
• 1 x 12vDC Johnson electric bilge pumps 2.500 Gph
• 1 x 12vDC Attwood electric bilge pumps 1.500 Gph
• 1 x Engine room bilge pump engine integrated
• Skin-fittings and seacocks replaced 2018 and connected to porous plate for galvanic discharge.
• 275 litres in 2x steel tanks
• Additional 200 litre fuel capacity in tank within keel structure
• 250 litres fresh water capacity
Grey water collector
• Stainless steel 20 l with pump separator
• 100 l holding tank (not installed)
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Garmin GpsMap 922 colour GPS chart plotter - 2018
• Garmin closed-array radar scanner – 2018
• Garmin wind, speed and depth transducers – 2018
• 3x Garmin GNX LCD MFD displays – 2018
• Garmin wind display - 2018
• Steering compass.
At Chart Table:
• Garmin GpsMap 922 colour GPS chart plotter – 2018
• 3 x USB sockets
• Garmin VHF with DSC – 2018
• Garmin second station VHF in cockpit - 2018
• Stainless steel sink with thermostatic hot & cold pressurised fresh water supply.
• 12V Salt water supply with flojet
• New taps for salt and fresh water 2021
• 2-burner stainless steel gimballed gas oven with grill and electric bread toaster Taylor
• Refrigeration system with 12vDC and 220vAC compressors
• Further movable teak table
• 12vDC electric marine heads
• Manual marine heads
• Hot & cold mixer shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
• Cruisair 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning system
• LED interior lighting throughout – 2018
• 2 x spots LED orientable Aquasignal mounted on the cockpit arch
• Deck courtesy lights
• Led mooring light
• Fusion MS-RA70N bluetooth stereo system with 4x Pioneer speakers – 2018
• LED TV
• Trackvision satellite TV antenna
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 8 berths in two double cabin, further twin bunk berth and settee berths in saloon.
• Mahogany interior joiunery
• Teak and holly soleboards
• Cloth upholstery with towelling passage covers
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Master cabin forward with centreline double berth.
• Twin bunk berths aft to starboard.
• Ensuite heads with shower to port and manual original Lavac Blake toielet
• Saloon with U-shaped settee and folding dining table to port and l-shaped settee to starboard. Seating around table for 10 persons.
• L-shaped galley aft of saloon area to port.
• Forward-facing chart table aft of saloon to starboard with space for full-size admiralty chart.
• Aft cabin to starboard with athwartships double berth.
• Aft 12V Vacuum flush dometicn
• Aft toilet heads to port with shower.
• Aluminium alloy keel-stepped mast, masthead rigged and with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Mast and boom repainted with Alwgrip – 2019
• Hydraulic system at the base of the mast with three shrouds regulations
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging – replaced 2014
• Stainless steel frame bowsprit for asymmetric spinnaker
• Harken manual genoa furler
• Harken self-tacking genoa track
• Removable staysail with furler
• Rod vang with block & tackle adjustment
• Holmatro hydraulic adjustable backstay
• Adjustable mainsheet track on coachroof
• Mast track with low-friction battencar system
• Stackpack with Iazyjacks.
• Spectra and dyneema halyards.
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing electric primary cockpit winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing secondary cockpit winches
• 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing mast-mounted halyard winches
• Quantum taffeta laminate fully-battened mainsail
• Quantum taffeta laminate furling self-tacking jib
• Gennaker with snuffer – 2014
• Staysail furler removable with snap hooks
• Storm jib
• Second pbo mainsail (medium condition)
• Stainless steel antenna arch at stern with mounting radar scanner and antennas
• Stainless pulpit and pushpit.
• Stainless steel mast pulpits.
• Bow stem and mid ship cleats.
• Outboard bracket on pushpit.
• Folding cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC electric 1.700 Italwinch anchor windlass with 2x remote controls - 2018
• 45lbs anchor with 60m of 10mm chain and 40m 18mm warp
• 8 x Polyform G-5 grey Fenders with socks & extensive selection of warps.
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Sprayhood in Sunbrella fabric with stainless steel frame – 2018
• Bimini in Sunbrella fabric with stainless steel frame – 2018
• Lazy bag for mainsail – 2018
• Cockpit cushions
• Hatch covers
• Winch covers
• Cockpit table cover
• Original leather upholstery beige colour
• New saloon upholstery Sunbrella 2021
• Salon summer cover terry cloth in grey colour
• Fender covers
• Halyard and control line bags
Tender & Outboard:
• Zodiac Aero 2.3m inflatable tender – 2020
• Yamaha 2.5hp 4-stroke outboard.
• Deck Flood Lights
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• 8-man cannister liferaft mounted on teak chock at transom – 2018
• 406Mhz GPS EPRIB – 2018
• MOB recovery sling
• 3 x Fire extinguishers throughout (2 on mast and 1 at chart table)
• Fire blanket at galley.
Viewing arrangementsLying Ibiza, Spain
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Lucio Pellegrini – Grabau International (Palma)
Tel: +34 675 236 174
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.