Comprehensively refitted and updated carbon fibre rocketship from Luca Brenta and Knierim Yachtbau in Germany. Arguably the ultimate weekend cruiser with effortless push-button control over both sail and motor.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Originally launched at Knierim Yachtbau in Germany in 2009 as ‘UCA’ with a build-cost in excess of Euro 2,000,000, ‘SURF’ is arguably the ultimate ‘performance weekender’ afloat today. Designed by Luca Brenta Yacht Design, regarded by many as the originators of the concept, SURF boasts performance and elegance in spades, while remaining true to the Brenta mantra of effortless push-button control and blistering performance.
With a full carbon fibre hull, carbon rudder, Weldox blade keel, Hall Spars carbon mast and V-boom, and suit of North 3Di carbon sails, SURF’s sporting intent is quite clear and in her current ownership, SURF has competed well under ORCi rating (certificate available on request). With push-button Harken winches and Carboni hydraulic Magictrim taking care of the push-button sailing aspect, a newly installed C-Station joystick control system for the retractable bow and stern thruster and with the gear and throttle controls from the recently installed Volvo D2-75 engine, allowing effortless mooring and manouvering. Below decks, SURF boasts a super-stylish interior by John Pawson with owner’s suite forward and twin guest cabins aft.
Following a grounding in the Stockholm Archipelago 2016, SURF was recovered back to Stockholm and moved to Gothenburg where she was surveyed before necessary repairs and a comprehensive refit commenced. The refit included replacement of her electric and navigational systems, engine, standing rigging and numerous updates across the whole boat. Her specification highlights include:
• Carbon fibre hull – ultrasonically tested 2017
• Teak laid decks
• Halls Spars carbon mast and V-boom with recently replaced PBO standing rigging
• Hydraulic magic-trim mainsheet
• Harken 3-speed electric primary winches
• Carbon fibre rudder blade
• Weldox stainless steel fin keel with lead bulb – evaluated and reinforced construction
• Retractable bow and sternthrusters via C-Station joystick docking control
• Recently replaced Volvo D2-75 engine with saildrive gearbox and Gori 3-bladed propeller
• B&G H5000 instrument package with mast-mounted 20/20 displays
• 3x B&G Zeus plotters (at each helm and nav station
• Mastervolt Lithium Ion battery banks
• North Sails 3di mainsail and jib
• Furling Code Zero and Gennakers
• Full galley with stove and refrigerator
• Electric heads plus holding tanks
• Webasto diesel heating
SURF’s current owners have also spent longer periods in the boat so spaces and equipment also work well for longer sailing trips.
B60 is a high-performance sloop with a large cockpit and great comfort on deck blended with a carbon full pre-preg laminate construction to guarantee even higher rigidity and sailing performance. She’s the ultimate weekend racer yacht, built for recreational purposes but with the highest levels of manoeuvrability.
B60 follows the typical deck layout of all other B-yachts. She has push-button sail trims via hydraulic system and electric winches. All maneuvers are hidden under deck and coachroof to leave the boat geometry pure and simple.
The simple and elegant interior features a big owner’s forward cabin with head, 2 aft guest cabins, both with separate head, a generous galley and pantry and a comfortable navigation area.
UCA, christened in June 2009, is already the second sailing yacht by the Italian designer Luca Brenta to be built by Knierim Yachtbau in the shipyard on the Northeast Sea Canal in Kiel. The Brenta 60 invites you to linger with thick cushions on curved coaming benches in the aft open cockpit. In the ultra-modern interior, the furniture is predominantly white, with a classic grey floor providing a contrast.
The UCA, designed for day and weekend trips, can be maneuvered with a small crew of two people or even alone, despite its size of 18.62 m, because most of the equipment can be operated with the help of hydraulics and electric drive.
A ship like a designer piece - elegant and precise, classy and yet discreet, an ultra-modern and timeless elegance. The Brenta 60 is designed for day and weekend trips and despite its length of 18.62 meters and a width of 4.28 meters, it can also be maneuvered with a small crew of two people or even alone. The owner is absolutely thrilled: "A simply terrific boat!"
And that is also underpinned by previous experiences. The yacht glides with nimble ease over smooth water in weak to moderate breezes. The fact that the Brenta 60 can cope with much more uncomfortable conditions is due to the ratio of eight tons of keel ballast to 16.3 tons of total weight. The high righting moment is enough for a regatta racer.
But the concept is completely different. Gone are the days when muscle-packed masters set the main sail, which measures almost 130 square meters. The principle is called the push of a button. Most things go on board fully automatically with the help of hydraulics and electric drive. The 73 square meter foresail can also be operated as a furling jib from the cockpit. With a crew of two, the "UCA" sails comfortably, on long courses with a gennaker. And quickly, of course, that couldn't be any other way.
The hull and deck (mold construction using a five-axis milling machine) and the structure were made in high-quality carbon pre-preg technology using a foam core under vacuum and baked at 85 degrees Celsius. This resulted in an extremely light and stiff boat that guarantees sailing fun with the aim of enjoying and enjoying the short trip.
The eye is further pampered even at a second glance. Not only the clean teak deck, but also the cockpit floor and benches - also made of teak - seem completely free of bothersome fittings, heels and any tripping hazards. Traps, straighteners and even the traveler are hidden.
The stay on board should be as pleasant as possible. The spacious cockpit, open to the aft, invites you to linger with thick cushions on curved coaming benches. The wine comes out of the wine cooler at the perfect temperature, which brings us to the spacious pantry below deck. The neon interior is white with also silver-gray upholstery and a cabin table in teak. The grey painted floor creates a pleasant contrast.
The owner's cabin is in the foredeck including its own wet room. The two aft cabins also have these. The high-quality navigation area does not show off unnecessary technical frills, but is subject to strict functionality.
Particularly smart: on the outside, the Brenta 60 does not seem to have any windows. The dark glass opening hatches, which provide subdued light and fresh air, are located in the second, inner cabin roof, which is hidden under a kind of outer hood. In doing so, the designers emphasize the flowing overall design on the one hand. On the other hand, they prevent sheets, mooring lines or other ropes from getting stuck anywhere and protect the openings from spray and rainwater at all times.
The bottom line is that this piece of jewelery from Kiel is a real eye-catcher. It embodies modernity and a direction that should no longer be reserved for Mediterranean areas.
• CE Category A Ocean
Hull Construction & Deck
• Composite Pre-pregs SPT carbon fibre over Corecell foam of various densities.
• The hull and deck are painted using ALEXSEAL Metallic Base Coat, Anniversary Silver.
• The side decks, fore deck, cockpit sole and seats are covered with teak battens with 5 mm black caulking. 30 mm high teak toe rail forward of the mast.
• Two built-in angled adjustable helmsman’s supports are located at the steering consoles.
• Custom made flush mounted hatches with gutters in white painted composite, all supported by gas rams.
• Bottom is treated with epoxy primer then International hard antifouling TRILUX colour grey (May 2021).
• Hull ultrasonic tested in 2017
Keel & Rudder:
• Rudder in carbon and Jp3 self-aligning bearings.
• Emergency steering system in lazarette
• Keel blade - High strength stainless steel (Weldox 900)
• Lead keel bulb – construction in evaluated and reinforced in 2018
Engine & Gearbox:
• Volvo Penta D2-75F 75hp 4-cylinder diesel engine – installed 2019
• Volvo Penta 150SR-C saildrive gearbox – 2019
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw-water intake
• Single lever engine/gear control
• C-Station joystick electronic gas and gear system installed May 2021.
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. 190 as of August 2021
• Date of last engine service – Spring 2021 (oil and filters)
• Engine under extended warranty until 2024
Propulsion & Steering:
• GORI 3-bladed folding propeller
• Twin helm pedestals with 120mm hide-covered stainless steel steering wheels.
• Bow thruster - Lewmar/RMC retractable thruster mod 250, 8 kW/24v. Rubber bellows changed in 2019. Thruster controlled (in conjunction with engine) via C-Station joystick control
• Stern thruster – MAX Power R200 hydraulic retractable thruster, 8 kW/24v. Rubber bellows changed in 2019
• 12vDC start and 24vDC domestic systems plus 220vAC via shorepower or inverter
• C-Zone digital switching system, Touch 5 monitor and 3 x Combination Output Interfaces (installed in bow, navigation and stern).
• 1x 12vDC AGM engine start battery
• 3x 24vDC Mastervolt MLi ULTRA Lithium 24/5000/180 joined in parallel to supply 540Ah @ 24vDC
• 1x 24vDC Mastervolt MLi ULTRA Lithium 24/5000/180 bowthruster and windlass battery
• 1x 12vDC Mastervolt MLI-E Lithium 12/1200/90 dedicated navigation instrument battery
Battery Charging & Inverter:
• Mastervolt MASS Combi ULTRA 24/3500-100 100Amp automatic battery charger for service battery bank with integral 3.5kw inverter
• 2x Mastervolt Mac PLUS DC-DC Charger 24/24-30 30Amp battery chargers for bowthruster and navigation instrument charging
• Volvo 12vDC engine-mounted alternator - 2019
• Mastervolt 24vDC 110 Ah engine-mounted secondary alternator for service bank
• 220 V shore power system
• Mastervolt Mass GI Isolation transformer 3.5
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurized hot/cold water system distributed to galley and bathrooms
• 40-litre SIGMAR 800 W hot water tank, heated by engine operation or 220v element
• Johnson deck wash pump for seawater circuit, hose connection in forward locker
• 3x Johnson electric bilge pumps, forepeak and saloon areas
• 2x electric shower drain pumps
• Fuel capacity - 325 litres in 1x stainless steel tank
• Water capacity – 325 litres in 1x stainless steel tank
• 2x 40 litre black water holding tanks
• Gobius monitoring system on each tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• B&G H5000 navigation system comprising of:-
• H5000 Hercules CPU processor
• 5x H5000 20/20 mast displays, mounted on carbon mast bracket
• 2x H5000 Graphic multi displays
• H5000 autopilot system including computer, hydraulic drive and controller.
• 3x B&G Zeus3 chart plotter displays, positioned on each steering console and at the navigation station
• B&G wind, speed and depth transducers
• B&G Precision 9 compass
• Sailor 6217 VHF with DSC
• Garmin AIS 600
• Locomarine Yacht router Mini for internet connection. Also included Locomarine wifi booster antenna (not mounted)
• Dometic modell 433 Moonlight stainless steel gimballing stove with 3x gas burners and oven.
• TRUMA gas remote switch in external gas storage
• Work surface finished in Corian
• VOLA design tap in matt finish
• Isotherm 24vDC refrigerator
• Sanmarine 24vDC electric flush and Jabsco manual, freshwater flushing
• Hot & cold-water supplies with shower in heads
• VOLA design tap in matt finish
• Webasto diesel-fired hot air heating system – to be fitted Autumn 2021
• Fusion RA70 stereo incl Helix 6-channel amplifier and 4 speakers, 2 in lounge and 2 in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
• 6 berths in 3 cabins plus saloon.
• 2 heads compartments.
• Owners cabin in the bow section with separated head.
• Spacious lounge with a galley and navigation station.
• Guest cabin on starboard with separate head and another guest cabin to port.
• The lounge benches can be used as occasional berths.
• Hall Spar high modulus carbon fibre mast and V-boom
• Mast and boom ultrasonic tested in 2017
• Keel-stepped fractional-rigged mast with three sets of swept-back spreaders
• PBO standing rigging from Future Fibres, new in 2018/2019
• Stainless steel rod forestay- replaced 2019
• Cariboni mast jack cylinder with manual Holmatro pump
• Cariboni hydraulic trim system for mast and main sail, including main sheet (Magic trim), vang, traveller, outhaul and backstay.
• Harken switch track for mainsail and trysail
• Hall Spars carbon spinnaker pole
• Reckmann RS2000 sub-deck jib furler
• Profurl gennaker furler
• Furler for Code Zero
• Deck gear Harken, custom light grey anodized.
• Spinlock jammers, Alloy ZS1214 x 10
• North Sails 3Di, fully battened mainsail (760 Aramid/Dyneema) with 2x reefs - 2013 (good condition)
• North Sails 3Di 105% furling jib (760 Aramid/Dyneema) - 2013 (good condition)
• North Sails Code Zero with furler - 2014 (good condition)
• Beiken gennaker A5 with Profurl furler - 2009 (serviceable condition)
• Storm jib, new (for ORCi rating)
• Trysail with Harken cars, used a few times (for ORCi rating)
• 2x Harken 990 3-speed electric primary winches - custom light grey anodized.
• 2x Harken 50.2 2-speed manual winches secondary winches- custom light grey anodized.
• Pushpit and pulpit with twin guardwires and guardrail stanchions
• Folding passarelle
• Ensign staff
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchorlift Aquarius 24vDC 2500 W electric anchor windlass
• Folding stainless steel anchor arm
• 25 kgs Delta stainless steel anchor with 10mm chain
• Spare 25kgs Delta anchor
• Folding cleats from Versari del Monte
• 6x Inflatable fenders
• Assorted mooring ropes
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Mainsail cover in silver grey
• Jib furler cover in silver grey
• Sun or rain awning covering whole deck and cockpit in silver grey
• Wheel covers in silver grey
• Winch covers in silver grey
• Protective fabrics for freeboard x 2
• Winter cover in heavy tarpaulin (4 parts)
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
• Lopo LED Navigation lights
• Jonbuoy MOB in silver metallic finish
• Jackstays on deck x 2
• Fire extinguisher x 5
• Fire port for engine room
Lying – Gothenburg, Sweden
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Matias Renlund – Grabau International (Scandinavia)
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.