2008 LAGOON 420
€255,000 tax not paid
4-cabin, 4-heads, refitted Lagoon 420
|Designer||Van Peteghem/Lauriot Prévost|
|New or Used||Used|
|Tax/VAT Status||Tax not paid|
|Lying||Cruising Northern Caribbean, Cayman Islands|
|Engine||2x Yanmar 3JH4|
|Keel Type||False Keel|
|Drinking Water Capacity||800l|
DescriptionCaribbean-based, privately owned 4-cabin, 4-heads Lagoon 420. Extensively updated including rig and mainsail. Ideal for serious and effortless blue water cruising and warm-waters liveaboard.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
From 2008 TROPICANA is a highly-specified and extensively updated example of the extremely popular Lagoon 420 and is fitted out with a supremely practical 4-cabin, 4-heads layout. TROPICANA is in only her second ownership, and her current owner enjoys sailing TROPICANA privately, and also chartering. In 2017, the boat was extensively refitted, including (amongst many other updates) replacement of complete rig and sail wardrobe. Internally, her joinery was refinished with the addition of contrasting mahogany edging to create a higher quality of finish. This demonstrates the attention of detail TROPICANA has enjoyed!
Her inventory highlights are many and include:
• 4-cabin, 4-head interior layout
• Overhauled engine and gearboxes with replacement sail drive diaphragms and new propellers
• Both rudders had new bearings in 2017
• New batteries – 2016
• Inverter – fitted 2016
• Davits with tender and outboard
• Extensive Raymarine navigation instrument package
• Furling mainsail and genoa - 2017
• New mast and standing rigging - 2017
• Harken self-tailing winches
• 3x 250w solar panels - 2014
• Webasto diesel-fired hot air cabin heating system - 2014
• 2x 130ltr refrigerators
• LG DVD and entertainment system - 2012
• New saloon upholstery – Autumn 2018
• Plastimo 10-person life raft
• Large structural Bimini over the cockpit and helm station
Perfectly located in Caribbean waters, TROPICANA represents an immediate opportunity to buy an immensely practical and nicely-updated cruising catamaran.
YACHTING PRESS REVIEW:
“The 420 sailed well and was fun to tack, jibe and run off under the reacher. Lagoon has done a really good job of making the boat easy for a couple to sail and we would think nothing of setting off for extended cruising with just two of us aboard. The working sail plan will suffice in most conditions but we would always carry a cruising chute to give us those extra knots and the extra fun when the wind is moderate and aft of the beam.
For a family cruising boat that has an ocean-going pedigree—Lagoons are delivered transatlantic on their own bottoms—the new Lagoon 420 offers the accommodations a family will really appreciate, the quality and systems discerning owners expect and the enduring value any investor desires.”
Blue Water Sailing – May 16th, 2008
The creation of Lagoon in 1984, which was originally the direct extension of JTA (Jeanneau Technologies Avancees), Jeanneau’s “competition” department (Pierre ler, Fleury Michon, etc). Lagoon also answered to unusual requests, such as the construction of the trimarans for the film Waterworld. In 1987 a first generation of catamarans was born with the Lagoon 55, 47, 57, and 67: owners’ boats for offshore cruising.
The Beneteau Group took over the Jeanneau shipyards in 1996 and handed over the development of the Lagoon brand, a legacy of its acquisition to Construction Navale Bordeaux. The use of high-tech composite was implemented in the shipyard.
From 1997, Lagoon established its identity, building more and more spacious and comfortable boats, while enhancing construction methods. During that period, the Lagoon 380, 410, 440, 470, 500 and 570 were launched. Further enhancements and refinements came in 2004 with the Lagoon 440 – the first catamaran with a “gull wing shape” nacelle, and the first catamaran under 45 feet with a flybridge. An unparalleled worldwide production record in the 45-foot range with 423 units produced.
The Lagoon range has continued to advance through to the current day adopting new technologies such as hybrid diesel/electric propulsion where it sees a benefit to its customers and the wider environment. All-in-all, Lagoon catamarans must be one of the most successful brands of multihulls for customers wishing to enjoy luxurious living combined with excellent sailing performance.
• Our understanding is that the vessel is CE certified for category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
• DNVGL (German Lloyd De Norske Veritas) Category A – Completed 2017
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Polyester and vinylester FRP construction
• Foam core composite hulls - white gel coat
• Solid glass FRP under waterline
• Balsa core composite deck and bridge deck
• Solid or felt core composite interior FRP hull & roof liners
• FRP reinforced marine ply bulkheads; tabbed or glued to hull
Keel & Rudder:
• Twin sacrificial keels infused solid laminate
• Twin hung, foam sandwich fibreglass rudder blades with stainless steel rudder stock
• Epoxy rudder stock tubes.
• Self-aligning upper and lower bearings – replaced 2017
Engine & gearbox:
• 2x Yanmar 3JH4 3-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engines producing 40hp each
• Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchangers
• Yanmar SD50 sail drive gearboxes
• Access to engine compartment from transoms via hatches with stainless steel jacks
• Mechanical single lever gear/throttle controls at helm
• Engine compartments ventilation: Natural aeration and forced extraction in rear section
• Engine hours approximately 9,000 hours as of November 2017
• Engines last had a major service in July 2017
• Sail drive diaphrams replaced July 2017
• sail drives serviced (new seals, anodes and an oil change) – Autumn 2018
Propulsion & Steering:
• Fully hydraulic steering mechanism via cables and hydraulic jack
• Stainless steel hide-covered wheel
• Emergency steering.
• 2-blade propellers – July 2017
• 12vDC domestic system with 220vAC system via shore-power or inverter. 110vAC conversion possible.
• 6x 12vDC batteries in engine start and service banks – replaced 2016
Charging / Inverter:
• Automatic battery charger
• Waeco inverter - 2016
• 3x 250W solar panels - 2014
• 2x 12vDC engine mounted alternators
• Shore-power supply
• 220vAC sockets and 12v sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• Pressurised fresh water system with 12vDC high-pressure pump
• Hot water supplied via engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank in port engine compartment.
• Hot & cold pressurised water supply throughout including cockpit shower.
• 2x manual bilge pumps
• 12vDC electric bilge pumps – replaced 2017
• 600 litres fuel capacity in 2x aluminium tanks with gauge at DC panel
• 800 litres fresh water capacity in 4x tanks with gauge
• 120 litres black water holding tank capacity in 1x tank located in starboard keel.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
At flybridge helm:
• Raymarine E-series colour GPS chart plotter – 2014
• Raymarine P70 autopilot control head – 2016
• Raymarine ST70 multi-repeater – 2008
• Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers - 2008
• Navionics electronic charts (2015)
• Steering compass
At chart table:
• Raymarine C80 colour GPS radar chart plotter display - 2008
• Raymarine ST70 multi repeater display - 2008
• Raymarine VHF with DSC - 2016
• ENO Gas stove with 3-burners with oven and grill
• 2x 130 litre refrigerators – 1 replaced in 2017
• 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink
• 4x Jabsco manual fresh water heads
• Hot & cold pressurised water supplies
• Shower cubicles
• Webasto diesel fired hot air cabin heating – 2014
• LG CD Player - 2012
• LG DVD-Player - 2012
• LG Radio with cockpit speakers - 2012
Summary of Accommodation:
• Owners Version layout
• Sleeps 9 in 4-double cabins plus additional space in the saloon
• Each of the 4 cabins has an en-suite heads.
• Joinery in the saloon and galley area refitted with the addition of mahogany edging
• New upholstery in the saloon – 2017
• Light coloured worktops with matching upstands in galley with mahogany edging
• Indirect lighting in cabin and saloon
• Replaced LED interior lighting – Autumn 2018
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
• Mirrored forward double cabins with cabin in each hull. Double berth with hanging lockers and further stowage.
• En-suite shower cubicles for both cabins in forepeaks
• En-suite heads for both cabin aft and outboard.
• Sliding door and window with aluminium locker for the access to the cockpit, can be locked open or closed.
• Varnished saloon coffee/card table
• L-shaped settee seating to starboard (providing additional occasional sleeping space)
• Large instrument console with panel to install electronics
• Desk with storage inside
• Storage locker and drawer
• Additional adjoining raised chart table
• L-shaped galley on portside
• 1 ½ bowl inset stainless steel sink with hot & cold mixer tap
• Storage under sink
• Gas oven with three burners and grill
• Waste bin
• Pan storage
• Mirrored aft double cabins with cabin in each hull. Double berth with hanging lockers and further stowage.
• En-suite shower cubicles for both cabins amidships accessed through heads located forward of cabins.
• Deck-stepped aluminium anodised mast - 2017
• Fractional rig with one set of swept-back spreaders and jumper-struts
• Aluminium anodised boom – 2017
• In-mast furling system
• Adjustable mainsheet track
• Stainless steel wire standing rigging - 2017
• Manual genoa jib furler
• Spinlock jammers
• Harken 2-speed self-tailing winches positioned adjacent to helm
• Dacron in-mast furling mainsail – 2017
• Dacron furling genoa - 2017
• Stainless steel guard wire stanchions
• Bow pulpits
• Davits for tender
• Additional aft cockpit seating
• Mahogany edged cockpit table
• Large structural bimini above cockpit and helm station
• Boarding ladder
• Swim platform
• Passarelle - 2017
• Cockpit shower
• Deck courtesy lights in cockpit
• Outboard bracket
Anchoring & Mooring:
• 12vDC electric Quick 1500 reversing anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Mooring cleats
• Warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Cockpit cushions
• Covers for helm wheel, helm station and cockpit table
• Replaced fabric to the seating cushions to the saloon – Autumn 2018
Tender & Outboard:
• Plastimo 310 tender - 2012
• Mercury 6hp outboard - 2015
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
• 10-man life raft – 2011 (last inspected 2016)
Viewing arrangementsLying: Cruising Northern Caribbean
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: James McNeil – Grabau International (South Coast)
Tel: +44 (0)7979 907210
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.